More movies like Joker

>more movies like Joker

Oh no

Attached: 0993D433-4044-4C64-BD99-D986F3A21859.jpg (1080x1287, 521.21K)

The context isn't making a movie *like* Joker, but elevating what they call second tier characters or whatever.

>but elevating what they call second tier characters or whatever.
Please be true, literally haven't gotten a good DC movie besides Batman for the past 20 years. It's so sad to see them sit on the entire DC universe and not do anything with it besides Batman

"The Suicide Squad" is better than the vast majority of Marvel movies. So is Wonder Woman and Aquaman.

Yeah 90% of Wonder Woman was good

>Please be true

Jokers a second tier character?
What defines second tier character?

>better than the vast majority of Marvel movies
So is Kazaam, that's not a high bar

This but Shazam too.

DC has unironically been doing just fine, it's MCU-esque trash like that new Flash movie that's bad for the brand.

MN, I can't even imagine how Marvel fans would react if a Marvel movie won a Golden Lion and several major Oscars. There would be no ending to their worship of Marvel, to how Marvel movies are objectively amazing.

But when a DC movie does it, they just pretend it is "Ant-Man" tier.

"Brand loyalty" should be oart of behavorial studies. It does funky things to the brain.

>Joker
>second tier characters
They didn’t seriously call the Joker, one of (if not THE) most overused villains DC has, a second tier character did they?

Attached: hilda newspaper.jpg (960x960, 63.08K)

Yeah, it was ignorant corporate speak. I think it just means like, not the Trinity.

>more capekino
>some Feige for those who think capes should be stupid like them
Nice.

>oh no a film studio wants to emulate a massive success

Too bad audiences and critics don't agree. I think the studio is more interested in making movies that make bank like MCU movies than pleasing some asshole on a Chines paper lantern board.

Shazam and Aquaman are their Marvel tier movies though

whether you liked the joker movie or not it was a massive box office success which is rare for DC

Audiences don't agree that "The Suicide Squad" is good?

>more standalone kino incoming
Uh based?

Attached: image.jpg (1333x2000, 230.87K)

>"The Suicide Squad" is better than the vast majority of Marvel movies
It might as well be a Marvel movie, it's just Guardians 2.5

Ironically WB has been harmed by having all of the DC characters to play with, which leads to just use the top handful over and over again.

Marvel pursued the strategy it did because it had lost the movie rights to its then-top characters (Spider-Man and the X-Men) and was forced to go with what were then B-listers (to the general public at least) like Thor and Captain America, and dig even deeper with stuff like Guardians of the Galaxy. If they had had all of their character rights they would have done the same as WB and just pumped out an endless string of Spidey and X-Men movies.

If they did, DC would have promoted with it. Joker's insanely divisive.

"Promoted with it"? What do you mean?

"The Suicide Squad" already got a spin off on "Peacemaker" and is now getting another one. Is that not enough?

They are already doing that with Beetle and Static

>more small-budget movies that gross a spectacular amount of money and win a shitload of awards
Oh the horror. Why would any company want such a horrible thing?

The fact we aint even got a good Green Lantern movie while Marvel makes movies and shows about everyone just makes me sad. I will never live to see my Mister Miracle movie yet will probably see Quasar or Captain Britain or X-Ceptional or something while DC will make solo Batman, Harley Quinn, Penguin and Gotham Central movies

They'd say they want more movies "like Suicide Squad". It's more recent, more in line with establishment politics, and using it would promote the future character appearances.

>IMDB Top rated movie #70
>Won 2 Oscars
>122 wins & 239 nominations total
Yeah, """""divisive""""".

MCU fans would take 100 "Ant-Man and the Wap" over one "Joker" because they have been brainwashed into thinking that a mediocre movie that sets up stuff for more movies is better than a well made movie within itself.

Because Warner Brothers hates comic books

The same DC that made Swamp Thing?

The same DC that made Doom Patrol?

The same DC that made The Human Target?

The same DC that is doing Dead Boy Detectives?

That's the DC that doesn't do anything outside of Batman?

Why are you pretending the Marvel audience didn't make up 99% of the Joker audience?

>more movies like Joker and Kevin Feige-like figure
that's mutually exclusive

It's a step in the right direction

Oh there's no debate that it's good. But most movies don't have the media priming people to watch out for movie-related
shooters.

static shock could littrrly be one of the biggest hits dc could come up with. its literally black spiderman with lighting powers and millennials sort of remember him from the cartoon on kids wb.

I mean if they wanted a black super hero he is way more interesting than cyborg

Attached: static-shock.jpg (1200x675, 402.36K)

The Marvel audience was too busy tweeting about how "Joker" was a dangerous movies that was going to cause mass shootings.

Divisive with who? It made a billion dollars and won 2 Oscars. Some Yea Forumsmrades need to get their head out of their asses and understand that whatever they personally think of something has no bearing on the rest of the world.

they didn't, user was talking out his ass

if you want shows get hbo max, it has all the dc stuff on it

Some Yea Forumsmrades need to get their head out of their asses and read the thread.

Joker was lightning in a bottle. Same thing with The Dark Knight.

They can try to recreate "dark" movies all they want, but it *probably* won't work without a real vision.

Attached: ok.png (439x519, 137.47K)

>"The Suicide Squad" is better than the vast majority of Marvel movies.

Are you retarded? It's literally just DC making their own copy of Guardians of the Galaxy, they even hired James Gunn to direct it.

I'm talking about real movies

It was division was between the United States and the world.

Italy gave "Joker" their best award. France put Joker on the Top 10 best movies of the year in their most prestigious list. America was crying about how the movie was going to incentive incels to kill people before it even came out.

The chuds proved them right a Japanese joker stabbed people on the subway, it’s dangerous and should have been bajned

>this movie i didn't personally like did really well
>uuuuuhhhh must be because of media coverage about shooters, that's it

Just accept that your personal opinion doesn't matter. You'll be happier that way and have a better understanding of the world.

Yeah you can't have someone who respects the source material making soulless by the numbers movies

I said it was good. I also said you should read the thread. If you respond without reading again, I'll leave you like the rest of your family,

And yet Americans went to see it in droves.

Joker is the gamer Black Panther. It empowers us.

Yes, please do leave the rest of my family alone. Now stop crying about the world liking Joker when you didn't.

Don't kid yourself every manchild cave has a Joker poster up right next to Endgame and The Last Jedi

Attached: DZmfK_1618595261.jpg (500x375, 42.18K)

US military put out official warnings to not do so because of the incel threat

Are those the new edgy manchild posters? It used to be Scarface, Fight Club, and Boondock Saints.

What fucking pussies

here's your Kevin Feige-like figure

Attached: MV5BMTM4MTE0NTkzMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODEwNDU0OQ@@._V1_.jpg (1365x2048, 845.89K)

Didn't Bob Saget die?

Can't speak for the US, but the Joker audience in my Euro country skewed older than usual precisely because Joker wasn't marketed as "explosions and quips". Hell, my 58 year old mom went to see it despite hating everything capeshit related. For the record, Joker became the 4th highest grossing comic movie ever here, only behind Endgame, IW, and NWH.

they already tried a Kevin Feige like figure

Attached: e4c19a0dce5487d2d3ffbec04ce4b278.jpg (851x560, 68.54K)

Americans in a nutshell.

>user was talking out his ass

>They also believe that projects like Todd Phillips’ “The Joker” are a shining example of how second-billed characters from the DC library can and should be exploited

Joker probably did better than Avengers: Endgame. At least just with some casual observation, without autistically studying marketing budget, stock, merchandise, etc. Just for the purpose of a thought experiment, lets look at it in the simplest way possible.

Avengers: Endgame
budget: 400 million
box office: 2.8 billion
Therefore, profit: x7

Joker
Budget: 70 million
box office: 1 billion
Therefore, profit: x14

If you look at "highest-grossing movies" this way, you get a lot less films by Disney and Marvel. You get things more like Rocky 1, Mad Max 1, Blair Witch Project, etc.