Green Eggs and Ham

It's been a week since the second (and probably final) season dropped. How do we feel about the series as a whole? Think it's was one of the most surprisingly great cartoons in awhile

Attached: dde136b31.png (800x450, 316.73K)

I liked it.
S2 > S1
Guy and Sam should have been a couple.

I meant S1 > S2

They seriously managed to make a reasonably lengthy, heartfelt story out of a book that was specifically written to use as few words as possible on a bet.
And then they adapted the Butter Battle Book, which is honestly one of my favourites. This show has no right to be this good.

The animation is phenomenal. I can't imagine how expensive it was to make, but definitely millions per episode.

I was really surprised by how much I liked the show, it really wasn't something I expected. Great animation, fun story, awesome characters

Attached: tumblr_44a6fc895c39b908bd3ea9373d405ca7_9f613416_1280.jpg (715x617, 123.92K)

I binged it over a week and all I can say is that it truly was one of the cartoons ever made.

Attached: FNnQxgmXwAE6wUq.jpg (960x540, 74.82K)

I hope for the third season Sam gets his just desserts and is stalked by a hyperactive yandere, and has to deal with the bullshit he puts everyone else through times a hundred.

the more waifus the better, this season was lacking outside of pam

Attached: oj0902u0qot31.png (831x1280, 125.24K)

t. Pam the sadist

>this season was lacking outside of pam
ahem

Attached: preggers.png (1700x900, 207.87K)

The CGI is ugly thou.

I continue to be thoroughly impressed at how quality this series is. Although I had no idea a second season was even out until I browsed Netflix. Still just as entertaining if not more so.
Genuinely heartfelt and funny, gives me a HUGE animated early 2000's vibe and is the best Seuss adaption bar none.

Aren't there more animated Dr Seuss adaptations in the works from WB?

It is good

S1 was definitely better but this was a really fun watch too. The island episode had me nearly tearing up.
Also Pam is my wife

Attached: 1649433798909.jpg (1920x1080, 253.75K)

Too late, she was already someone else's wife.

Second Season Intro > First Season Intro

Yeah but they're gone now
I have to deal with her autistic son but it's a great life otherwise

Attached: 1649950607021.jpg (1861x2048, 770.71K)

Was she? Sam is probably a result of a fling or a drunken one-night stand.

Attached: kids are special, some more than others.jpg (1920x1080, 203.1K)

Damn, good thing she never had to tell him that.

I wished Sam put her in her place and left her in a more dramatic way. Something like

>Sorry, PAM. But I'm leaving spy business for my family's safety... you wouldn't want me getting in your way again.

Really rub it in that Pam has her priorities all messed up and didn't realize that Sam HAD family, he just wanted her to be a part of it as well.

Pam can feed me eggs and then maybe I can have a taste of her eggs too

Hot take that I don't necessarily disagree with

Attached: GUY DON'T DO IT.png (1920x1080, 1.66M)

>Really rub it in that Pam has her priorities all messed up
What for? She already admitted that's the case, gave him a heartfelt apology and changed her behavior. After apologizing she kept giving him what he wanted.
>didn't realize that Sam HAD family, he just wanted her to be a part of it as well.
Sam was all over Pam for the entire season and Guy was preoccupied with his own family, they even willingly split up for a good chunk of the season, I can't blame Pam for not noticing that they were that close.

Attached: Pam apology.jpg (1152x3240, 653.46K)

>it truly was one of the cartoons ever made.

LOL, this is my feeling as well. The animation is absolutely gorgeous, but the cartoon itself is fine. I didn't hate it, but I'm not going to recommend it to everyone else or gush about it. The cartoon just sort of exists.

Imagine the smell

Attached: 1649976570340.webm (864x486, 2.13M)

I would prefer not to.

Not really.

Really

it around $5+ million per episode
honestly nuts that basically a movie budget for each season.

>115 million for the entire series
Damn imagine if Elon used that 40 billion to make animation, he could make over 200 GE&H tier shows

Nope.

>Damn imagine if Elon used that 40 billion to make animation
>he just makes Dogecoin: The Animated Series

Attached: 90087807.jpg (505x383, 19.5K)

Hey, user.

Attached: 1.jpg (1000x1000, 322.8K)

WHERE'S YOUR BEST FRIEND

Attached: 1585641090086.png (831x592, 1014.11K)

s2 intro song was fantastic

Question marks are your friends.

>Used goods
Pass.

I don't want to be an asshole but what do all of you see in this?
>muh animation
Sure, it's pretty I'll give it that. But the writing is fucking dull and generic, it has some decent jokes here and here, but nothing actually memorable.

Attached: 1649369949572.jpg (1147x1152, 182.78K)

>But the writing is fucking dull and generic, it has some decent jokes here and here, but nothing actually memorable.
In this day and age that alone makes it miles better than the majority of shit coming out.

Why hot sauce?

because she is so dead inside, that she drink that just to feel something.

I'm pleasantly surprised by the fact that it's actually animated well.

It uses its season format to actually tell a cohesive longform narrative with little downtime .
Most cartoons trying to achieve overarching stories really just waste the viewers' time until they have to move along as an obligation.
It feels more like a really long animated movie in this regard than a show honestly, not just because of the animation. That alone is really ambitious, if you tried to get a 5+ hour traditionally animated film through the studio system it'd be impossible full-stop. But the season format and the inherent binging most viewers do for shows basically deliver it as one long project each time which I think is really neat on its own.
It's not like does anything terribly new, season 1 is basically just Planes, Trains, and Automobiles for kids and season 2 falls down the random spy gimmick kids franchises go for every now and then, but the quality's consistent enough that I never felt like my time was wasted.

As for the writing, the quality will vary from person to person but I thought it was charming with very natural growth in the relationships between characters. I think it's good on its own but it really benefits from the inherent goofiness and over-engineering of the world Seuss created. There's no shortage of background gags and impractical contraption at any moment. Even if the core of the narrative isn't much new, what's actually going on in the world it takes place in is always amusing enough to keep things fresh.

And from a purely selfish perspective, after Dark Crystal got the axe, it's nice to see an exorbitant passion project on Netflix that didn't get the axe after a single season because an exec was bitter.

Attached: 01c.jpg (1113x629, 97.73K)

does anyone have pics of Sylvester? i can't screencap from my netflix and i have no idea where else to get them. he's my new crush and i need pics of him

fag

It's comfy and I trust it to give good childhood memories

Parents are always terrified kids are going to copy what they see on cartoons, so the animators did the one thing that if a kid tried to replicate it, it would be fucking hilarious.

when will the second season finally drop?

It dropped a week ago.

based

Yeah, no idea. S1 showed promise, but the writing in S2 was lacking.
People gush about the animation, but the show doesn't even look that good despite being drawn by hand or whatever cause it's chock-full of fugly CGI, the colors are garish, and the character designs are not very pleasing to the eye.

Toucan Sam never went crazy over fruit loops. He was always just a normal dude

>It uses its season format to actually tell a cohesive longform narrative with little downtime
That's like every Netflix cartoon I watched.

I have only used Netflix meaningfully in the last year for Seinfeld and the season premiere of this show, if others are like that too good on em.

Good for him. We should all strive to be more like Toucan Sam.

I am not going to look like a fucking bird.

I think it does what only Pirates of the Caribbeam Lord of the Rings' 3 parter could manage to do and that is make a 4-9 hour movie without much downtime neither feeling too short like most 90 minute movies.

It takes all the pros of a movie and a TV Show and does well with them, unlike movies that feel way too short or TV Shows that are 99% filler compared to the content they want to show you.

The only problem is that it's fucking DrSeuss which isn't bad as other IPs
But honestly I would have preferred this budget and writing to go into Generator Rex or Hanazuki.
Maybe Motorcity, Tron Uprising, Poet Anderson.

YES BITCHES

If you like S1, don't watch S2 to taint that memory.

What are yes bitches?