Should more Yea Forums media have autist representation?

Attached: REEEE.webm (1280x720, 933.31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/dx6TLVw4
youtu.be/03vnxOWQjRY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No, the Yea Forums fandoms have that bit covered.

What's causing his tism fit? He ought to be shoving his face into her tits

Why would you deal with autistics? Just throw them off a cliff

Is it the demon baby?

Attached: 5m34k7gbfeb21.jpg (1366x785, 93.88K)

Hi... Etsubatsu.

every show with a self-insert protagonist considering every cartoon creator is an autist

NOOOOOOO!!!

Attached: 1638418685971.png (960x824, 563.13K)

So why haven't you killed yourself already then?

It's kind of shitty when they make it all about the parents. Like they're the victim more than the person with a disease that makes reality a nightmare. You don't get that with any other disability.

It's because autists aren't real people, they're just a burden until children euthanasia becomes popular.

FPBP

It’s what usually happens when the inflicted person can’t express themselves
Like the wife of a guy in a coma

No, it's already been perfected.

Attached: entrapta.jpg (504x801, 52.91K)

Name three Yea Forums-related autistic characters who are not harmful stereotypes like "random quirky", "autistic savant", or "We leave it to interpretation".

Probably being held against his will, don't do that shit with autistic people unless it's literally life or death.

autists should be bred out of the gene pool. And zero presence in any media.

More like "we're not allowed to express ourselves". Combine it with the general view that men aren't allowed to express themselves and you have a chris-chan bomb that you keep pushing random buttons of. Someone said elsewhere on Yea Forums that autism is a men's rights issue and that's been nagging the back of my skull since.

The difference is that we can communicate with, and understand, people with autism and know what the world is like for them. People with high functioning autism kind of act like translators, in that they understand whats going on with the autistic kids but are still capable of communicating with neurotypicals.

People with autism are not a black box. They are just running a different OS.

>Someone said elsewhere on Yea Forums that autism is a men's rights issue and that's been nagging the back of my skull since.

Thats a dishonest interpretation of the issue. Autism is not a mens rights issue, it just gets glossed over in most girls who have it unless they have it REALLY bad because the very things that autism makes you bad are are things that girls are naturally conditioned for in the first place, so they have more structure and opportunity to pave over the problem.

Its a mental health issue, obviously so. One that disproportionatly affects men, yes, but phrasing that as a 'mens rights issue' is like saying that testicular cancer is a mens rights issue as opposed to a medical issue.

I will enjoy killing innocent Etherians in the name of Hana Song using South Korean weapons.

Should Aquaman try to cure this kid's autism?

Attached: autism cure failed.png (497x501, 509.7K)

this episode made me support abortion (assuming you can detect it in the womb)

We have plenty of autism representation in media, it's called Star Trek.

Attached: star trek autism.gif (500x1170, 69.44K)

You kid, but there is something strange to be said that the closest thing to 'representation' that most autistic people will ever find in media is robots like Data.

pastebin.com/dx6TLVw4
Relevant read, wrote this years ago, describes living with autism using a control panel as a metaphor.

He need to curse his adversary autism, Black Manta

Yeah

Attached: C4EBC378-3B95-46F4-A7AB-2FA75A1D1CC4.gif (200x150, 80.86K)

Pretty good summary.

For me, I describe my experience with it as akin to finding out you needed glasses. When you have poor vision, you don't REALIZE you have poor vision. You assume you are seeing normally unless someone else points it out in some kind of comparison, but even as they tell you what you should be seeing you don't really get it.
Its not until you put on your glasses for the first time, and you can see the back of the walmart from here, that you go "Oh. So THIS is what I was supposed to be seeing".

Obviously its not a perfect analogy, but getting your diagnosis and finally having an explanation for *why* everything you have been trying up until now hasn't worked is a similar revelation. As a kid you get told the golden rule, treat other people like you want to be treated. But god DAMN is that not going to work for you when you have even mild autism, because what you want and what other kids want just are not the same thing.

Was there anything about Rocket's son being a 'tismo before this show?

The only thing I wanted as a kid was people to RESPECT MY FUCKING BOUNDARIES HOLY GOD DAMN

I think people with Autism will find things to enjoy regardless of how represented they feel.

Attached: Med_Oney sonichu.png (288x286, 92.3K)

>Its a mental health issue, obviously so. One that disproportionatly affects men, yes, but phrasing that as a 'mens rights issue' is like saying that testicular cancer is a mens rights issue as opposed to a medical issue.
I mean, do they not say that combating breast cancer is a major goal of feminism?

I agree, but I do respect it when cartoons put child characters with downs syndrome or other intellectual disabilities.
I feel like young children will be exposed to special needs kids in real life at their schools, so it's good for them to be aware.

Attached: DAoZLihWsAE5hkS.jpg (639x636, 88.96K)

Representation is for narcissists who lack empathy for anything that doesn't resemble them

As someone with high-functioning autism, I don't think 'autism representation' in media is FOR us. Its to disseminate understanding OF us to everyone else.

I don't need the MC of a show to be autistic for me to identify them, I just need them to make decisions that make sense to me. Which isn't a hard bar to clear, they just need to not be completely irrational idiots.
If anything, a show that's about someone with actual autism would be painful for me to watch. The netflix show Atypical, for example, is about a dude with aspergers and I spent much of my time watching it physically cringing and going "No, no no no DON'T DO THAT ITS NOT GOING TO WORK THIS IS GOING TO BLOW UP IN YOUR FACE NOOOOOOO". Its like watching a horror movie designed for me personally, taking my deepest regrets and failures from highschool and turning them into comedy for other people to laugh at.

Maybe autism representation is important to other people with my condition, but I suspect its more important to the families of people with autism than the people with autism themselves. Trying to spread awareness. That kind of thing. Whereas in my experience, people with autism are generally focused on solving the problems in front of them to the point that whether or not 'the world' knows about autism isn't really on their radar, because they don't even know those people.

Yes
That's the plot of tekken

No. Just because something happens irl doesn't mean we want to see it or be subjected to it.

>autistic gene
Holy irony batman

As someone with medically diagnosed Autism, no. I've dedicated my life to suppressing my cringe-worthy symptoms, I don't need to see it on TV.

>Not breeding autists to create a race of computer men who can calculate shit in their heads faster than a computer and putting them to work on scientific tasks without the burden of "empathy" slowing them down

edgy

Young Justice is like a friend from highschool you had fun with hanging out. Then they got into a separate college and you lost touch.

Then years down the road they hit you up to hang out. It actually sounds like a fun idea, then when you meet up he turned very political and spouts his opinion on everything. The whole time your hanging out he just keeps talking about hot button topics and very opinionated. All you wanted to do was hangout reminisce about the old time, but no, he just keeps bringing up subject completely unprovoked.

>Heihachi threw Kazuya into a volcano not as a test of strength but because he was ashamed he was an autistic
Checks out actually considering how Kazuya turned out.

Seriously, what the fuck happened? Last season was kinda bad about this too but at least it had some sort of coherent story, this season has been an absolute disaster.

Attached: 12341243124.png (1280x692, 1.28M)

It's probably to normalize it like the globohomo agenda normalized faggotry. Consider how prevalent sodomites are in media now versus ten years ago and twenty years ago. Yesterday you had House and today you have Big Bang Theory and in five years you could have even more. Then in ten even more still. In twenty autism could be as normal as sucking dick is today.

So where does the whole "Black Manta was/is autistic" thing work into this?

Attached: aquaman-8-a-6.jpg (1000x1549, 370.37K)

The entire medium is just one big representation for autism, so no.

Even with the cringey hamfisted approach to social issues it's just a mess with all the timeskips, plot threads, new characters, etc. We should've seen the signs since S2

Here's a show where every character is voiced by someone with autism
youtu.be/03vnxOWQjRY

Attached: 000eb2c4-1600.jpg (1600x900, 575.86K)

Looking back he did act somewhat odd in the family gathering, but it wasn't obvious.

Here's the big problem with that. You don't know what type of autist you'll end up getting.

So you're mad you don't get any representation?

I don't know I think pedophilia, with people who don't do anything illegal or morally reprehensible, is also a nightmare.
If you're lucky enough to be also attracted to adults you still shouldn't have a wife or gf because unless you're ok with lying about how disgusting she is for your mental condition.

I wanna know if the actor for the kid was also autistic or if it was just a kid who can't act.

So the majority of Yea Forums's userbase then?

No? Why do you think that? They never ask for representation, only Tumblr and Twitter users do.

Yea Forums constantly begs for white people and hot women to be in everything

heh, someone doesn't know where they are. Bet you don't like anime either, normie

How do you go from low functioning autism to high functioning autism?

PURE HATRED

There is supposed to be one in Ladybug, but it is not clear who it is.