Isn't it funny how Sonic is the one succeeding while in a matter of months Mario is the one flopping

Isn't it funny how Sonic is the one succeeding while in a matter of months Mario is the one flopping

Attached: mario-movie-sonic.jpg (960x480, 61.03K)

Sega lost the console war

Attached: mb1.jpg (2896x2896, 358.17K)

>Sega makes generic safe kids movie that barely resembles games
>makes money
Wow! Honestly to call Sonic a videogame adaptation is not an accurate description, it's a movie loosely based on the character from the game

Attached: e47.jpg (1432x732, 145.18K)

>Sonic by Japan: flop after flop, some of the worst most mockable garbage ever made
>Sonic by Americans: classic, iconic media beloved to this day
>Mario by Japan: classic, iconic media beloved to this day
>Mario by Americans: ???

Attached: 1634910168627.png (400x400, 61.72K)

We literally know nothing about Mario’s movie aside from the casting.

Casting alone makes it a financial success

I want both to be successful.

Still an icon in America, just not as big as his debut.

The Mario movie is going to be soulless and by the numbers but make hundreds of millions of dollars and will get at least three movies.

talk about that
do we know anything about Mario's budget yet?

So was Sonic and Yea Forums loves it

Ha ha ha it's funny cause Nintendo owns sonic.

It's Illumination, so probably around $80-$100 million.

>illumination movie with a mario hat
>not successful

lol, even that grinch turd they made raked in half a bil

Attached: sopor moro.jpg (256x256, 24.83K)

The Sonic movies have heart... and Jim Carrey.

tamers12345 is the best thing to come out of mario/sonic in decades

They are literally the THIS SUMMER copypasta.

You are over 40 years old, isn't that too old to still care about a console war which ended 20 years ago?

Go to bed Chris Pratt.

it's a movie loosely based on the brand*
>Mario by Americans: ???
What do you mean?
Yeah I don't understand it either but then Yea Forums argues over which shitty Sonic comic series is better, Archie or IDW, and never the actually good one.

Attached: Super_Mario_Bros_Super_Show_Title.png (250x213, 65.24K)

No heart...but Jim Carrey is more apt. Haven't seen the second one yet so maybe it is a little less generic and will feel more like a Sonic movie than a regular kids movie with Sonic's name slapped on

Attached: EPiHRDiVAAAzjyM.jpg (1754x2208, 463.84K)

Sonic 2 is closer to Sonic Adventure and Hero then Chipmunk
i wish Sonic 3 going full DBZ Shounen

...Mario hasn't come out yet and we know nothing about it other than a white guy is voicing a *gasp* white character. I really don't see the controversy. Hell, I'm black and can pull off a 1:1 imitation of Mario's voice samples. It's not hard.

People want Martinet or something close to him. Instead it's Pratt as Pratt.

Have they posted recording sessions yet? Not really interested in this movie, but I don't recall any popping up yet.

>italians
>white

Pratt has said he's not doing the accent. So unless he's going to do a completely different voice instead, it's safe to assume he's going to sound like his usual self.

How is this a surprise? Sega does what Nintendon't.

Based Albano enjoyer, I kneel.

Attached: ZZ7F437F78.jpg (678x902, 193.17K)

lol, no. Sega actually going third party was a bless in disguise for them.

Leaks say it's a gruff Italian accent

>Shit games nobody liked was a blessing
Lol
Also Jim Carrey sucks and the only people who like him as Robotnik are "so bad it's good" fags

They did Knux extremelly well. Gives me hopes for Shadow in Sonuc 3.

The smurfs movies also made money

>Sega actually going third party was a bless in disguise for them.
In that they can make nothing but dogshit for 20 years and not have to watch any more consoles fail because of it? I'm not sure I follow.

I mean I guess I can play Yakuza and Persona on PC now

Personally, I wouldn't mind another live action Pokemon movie. Enjoyed Detective Pikachu a lot more than the Sonic movie, so it's a shame Sonic is the first to get a sequel.

>it's a movie loosely based on the character from the game
>loosely
Not only it is loyal to the game lore, it actually handles it way better than the games do

>Not only it is loyal to the game lore,

Which one?

Both of them were mediocre and neither deserve to become the highest grossing vidya movie of all time

>Dogshit
Yakuza is one of the best gaming IPs out there.

Rome was raped hard enough by Germanics that there should be some white in them.

We're absolutely fucked.

Its hilarious what sonicfags will say to defend eating up shit simply for being related to their obession.

How many of those movies made any money

The Sonic movies were shit.

To be honest sonic world wide stands for autism amd fetishes

Sonic 2 is 10 minutes of Sonic stuff and 80% Unfunny Deputy/Unfunny Bride/Unfunny Dance Off.
Nobody wants Martinet. If you played Warioware Gold, you'd know that Martinet doing full sentences is insufferable.

They aren't. The first Angry Birds and Detective Pikachu both had higher Box Office returns than either Sonic Movie.

>Nobody wants Martinet
Not only did you miss the crucial five words after "Martinet" in my post but you are woefully out of the loop. He's the standard, even if he's only really done wahoos and yippees.

I read them, something close to Martinet would still be high-pitched Italianisms, so it's not even worth addressing. Martinet can't act and actively mimicking him would be just as bad.

Mario is the better video game star
Sonic is the better movie star
But to be fair, these recent Sonic movies could just as easily have been made with Mario as the protagonist and nothing would have changed

Sweet baby boy.

Oh, right...

Ikuras Kuora.

Not that user but it's sort of a more general loyalty than an installment specific one. The shit that you'd think is made up from whole cloth like Sonic being raised by an owl or living on earth with humans are largely deep cuts of things that were explained in Japanese instruction manuals and nowhere else.

Character development done right.

I like the car scenes…

>Sonic 2 is 10 minutes of Sonic stuff and 80% Unfunny Deputy/Unfunny Bride/Unfunny Dance Off

t.didn't actually watch the movie

>Martinet can't act

Attached: Screenshot 2022-04-02 at 15-01-30 you are the super retard - Google Search.png (600x489, 257.77K)

Lol, I wish. Also
>can't t correctly

People are aware he’s done more roles than Mario, right?