Yea Forums Passover Thread

What other Passover cartoons are there besides the Rugrats Passover and Prince of Egypt?

Attached: Screen-Shot-2018-03-29-at-1.03.34-PM.png (691x526, 383.3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

odysee.com/@UltimateTruth:1/Jewish-Ritual-Murder-(the-full-original-banned-documentary):0
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis 3
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quran
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

For the life of me, I can't think of a single one right now. Hanukh gets all the attention. Pesach, Yom Kippur (the big day), Sukkot, and Shavuot are more important, and get zero mention.

Attached: 1649091154442.jpg (250x141, 10.92K)

i love how tommy's grandparents are full blown jews, like oy vey goyim level jews, and they just outright deleted them for later seasons because of it
pretty based not gonna lie

Imagine a Purim episode where Libby gets fucking drunk as fuck and gets hit by a car.

jews have have their bloody passover tradition of drinking the blood of Christian babies they murder. I don't think anyone will make a cartoon about that anytime soon.
odysee.com/@UltimateTruth:1/Jewish-Ritual-Murder-(the-full-original-banned-documentary):0
vid related for proofs. Pray for the intercession of Saint Simon of Trent.

>let's celebrate that time God killed a bunch of babies

Attached: 1636881360145.jpg (500x667, 49.72K)

Unironically Cartman’s Passover Special (feat. The Jewpacabra)

To me it’s a perfect harmony of all Cartman’s funniest traits as a character. His ability to be both a master mind who suckers everyone and who also falls for his own bullshit because he’s got a huge ego. I also like any time the show hints at his desire for a father figure, it ads a little depth to his character. Pic related always gets a laugh out of me because of the homage to Prince of Egypt. Also Cartman pathetically waddling around in a bunny costume covered in blood.

Attached: E70571FE-51C7-4C56-AF2D-320D84A635BA.jpg (960x540, 80.68K)

Jew here, it's actually Muslim babies.

I remember seeing some /pol/faggot claim Rugrats having Passover and Hanukah specials was "an agenda". Because clearly only Christians are allowed to have holidays in media.

Maybe you should read the bible again.

Moses told the pharaoh to free the Jews, when he refused Moses turned the Nile to blood. When the Pharaoh stuck his heels in he was hit with a plague of frogs, and then lice, then a slew of wild animals that only attacked the Egyptians, then disease upon the livestock, an outbreak of sores and boils, a storm of hail and fire, a plague of locusts, three days of darkness, and finally the death of every firstborn son in the country.

The angel of death passed over the homes of the Jews who marked their homes with lamb blood, and it was this plague that was the last straw for the Pharaoh who decided to finally release them from slavery. It's in remembrance of the time God spared those who believed he would spare them by following his instruction to mark their homes.

All the Pharaoh had to do was listen the first time, and not have Egypt suffer a localized apocalypse.

Attached: ddebb35befb8b0a93867be5c4937d22c9e8d4d94b4671e4409691fe6e5edd0e2_1.jpg (605x558, 50.88K)

Well the Hannukah episode did have the historical, religious expression be contrasted by the B plot of Angelica trying to view a vapid, materialistic Christmas special on TV.

>It's in remembrance of the time God spared those who believed he would spare them by following his instruction to mark their homes.
So God would have killed any jew who didn't mark their home?

>InB4 "God hardened Pharaoh's heart, that means he was mind controlled instead of just changing his mind out of petty anger at being outdone by the god of slaves"

tb.h when I grew up with this story even I thought the ten plagues/blood on door thing was a bit much. God being omnipotent and omniscient would have known of a way to persuade the pharaoh without all the bloodshed.

I think that sounds like more of a commentary on how commercialized Christmas has became and a contrast between telling a story the original holiday is based on vs something turned into a toy commercial basically.

Also Rugrats has already had Christmas-centred episodes. I don't know how many but there was one in Season 2 whereas the Hannukah episode wasn't until Season 4.

God isn't omniscient, he didn't know Adam and Eve ate the fruit until he was told, same when Cain slew Abel, and I'm having my doubts on omnipotency. In addition, God gave humans free will, he can only influence, not control.

The killing was done by an angel of death rather than by God, so likely yes.

>God being omnipotent and omniscient would have known of a way to persuade the pharaoh without all the bloodshed.
You could say that about a lot of the bible. And even let his own son die.

Ah my mistake, I had grown up with the interpretation of God being all-knowing/all-powerful/etc. Him not being omniscient/omnipotent would actually solve a lot of plot holes in the bible to me.

Yup, exactly. Until know I wasn’t aware of the non-omniscient interpretation of God, which would explain a lot of the things that happen in the bible.

I didn't know he wasn't supposed to be omniscient either. Where do they say that

I’m not sure, this user said so but I’m not sure which Abrahamic sect he’s referring to.

I would imagine most Abrahamic religions/sects would disagree and say otherwise, but you never know how many different interpretations there are.

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis 3
If he was omniscient Genesis 3:6 would've read "And then the LORD smoted the snake where he stood, leaving him and his offspring but a crawling worm."

>terrorists say to give them a nuke or they will kill everyone in a building they took over
>the government doesn't do this
>the terrorists kill everyone in the building
>"how could the government do this?!"

if god isn't omniscient then it means he is fallible, which means we can't just "take his word for it" about things because he could be wrong, but the bible tells us to do everything he says without question

Congratulations, you have achieved enlightenment as to why YHVH is just a vain dictator.

Maybe god is omniscient, and all powerful, but really just likes fucking with people.

That’s a fair point. Out of curiosity, do you know of any Abrahamic sects that don’t view God as omniscient/all-knowing? Because usually, whenever God’s omniscience comes up, I’ve seen defenses of the serpent thing as being part of “God’s plan” for humanity or something along those lines, which could also be explained by

>Congratulations, you have achieved enlightenment as to why YHVH is just a vain dictator.
And a narcissist.

Gnostics think YHWH is an evil worldly god that trapped us in the mortal realm hidden from the true god, but they're just Christian larpers that latched onto the movement to snag followers.

Oh yea I forgot about the Gnostics. I’ve always found their beliefs interesting. I think they were also one of the first to point out the non-benevolent nature of Yahweh.

I'm already there, but I learned a while ago that being confrontational to religious people just makes them dig their heels in more, it's better to use logic to try and make them ask the questions themselves
sow the seeds of doubt, you won't get the instant gratification of them going "you're right!" but honestly I've found that rarely ever happens because of pride anyway, people don't want to accept they were wrong about something and they definitely don't want to admit it out loud

you don't wan them going too far off the deep end though, I've heard an alarming number of christians believe that "without the rules of god then what's to stop atheists from doing whatever they want?", so there are at least some complete psychopaths without empathy in christianity that are only following it because they think they will be punished if they don't, the only reason they act nice and do good things is because they think they are constantly being watched and judged, and without that they have ZERO care for anyone else

In my case I was raised very softcore religiously (like the concept of God barely came up and was more like deism than anything), but I went through similar to what you described.

All of the Abrahamic Holy Books (Quaran, Old/New Testament, etc.) not only had many logical problems, but the Abrahamic God was very anthropomorphic too, which intuitively doesn’t make sense to me.
If there is such a thing as an all-powerful creator, it would probably be closer to an uncaring/incomprehensible eldritch being than a human-like deity. It’s why I’m agnostic but lean athiest more often than not.

And you raise a good, unsettling point about Divine Command Theory adherents. I’ve seen some christians even say that they would kill their first-born like Abraham did if God commanded it, which really turned me off from Abrahamism.

>but the bible tells us to do everything he says without question
>gives people free will
>gets mad if they don't obey
What did God mean by this?

Gnosticism was a movement comprising a wide swath of Early Christian and apocalyptic Jewish sects so their cosmology differed from sect to sect. Many believe the demiurge to be evil, but many others saw it as essentially trying its best but failing because it was but a misguided lower emanation from the true reality of light.

He wants to see who his true fans are, and gets a hurt ego whenever his commands aren’t obeyed. It’s like the Sims for him, whenever a Sim does something it’s not supposed to, he gets pissed and floods the map.

>He wants to see who his true fans are
Then he can't be omniscient because he would already know the answer

Exactly. The whole game wouldn’t make sense in the first place if he knew what every character would do at any given time.
There are non-omnipotent versions of God, but those are just more truthful to his role as a fallible dictator figure (who is not omnibenevolent).

Makes you wonder why his son was such a humble and forgiving guy in contrast.

Maybe that was the idea of having a human son though. Maybe God is just too "alien" (for lack of a better term) and Jesus was a way of trying to understand humanity better. God smites sinners, Jesus let himself die for them.

Yea it gets interesting once you speculate about what the real role of Jesus could be.

There are literal hundreds of different interpretations of the who/why of God’s son in Christianity, but the ones that make the most sense to me are the versions where Jesus was a separate entity who God created so that he could understand humanity better/see through his eyes. The whole “trinity” thing has zero logical coherency, and even most churches call it “the great mystery we should never try to understand”, which is very anti-critical thinking.

The most likely explanation, though, is that Jesus was based on a historical figure who preached an alternative sect of Judaism, which is why the God of the New Testament is so different from the God of the Old Testament. The authors were most likely completely different people using different interpretations.

I don't really understand the trinity thing either. I always thought Jesus was a separate person but the trinity says he is also God at the same time? And what is the Holy Spirit meant to be?

My knowledge of Christian lore is a little bit surface-level, but generally the Holy Spirit is seen as the embodiment of God’s will/miracles/goodness that people on Earth can access or experience if they pray to God/Jesus. Most churches have the idea that the Holy Spirit has “touched” or “entered” you whenever you pray (very poor wording in my opinion lol).

In the trinity belief, Christians state that Jesus and God and the Holy Spirit are all the same ‘essence’ in the ‘Godhead’ (which is kind of like God’s mind).
The Holy Spirit makes sense as being an aspect of God, but not so much Jesus.
There’s even a line in the New Testament where Jesus talks to God on the cross and says “forgive them Father, for they know not what they do.” This would make no sense if it was God talking to himself. There’s also very vague definitions of what “essence” or “3 unique persons” mean in the trinity, and how they are still “one God”, which is why it’s seen as “muh mystery”.

Really I think the trinity is Christians coping hardcore because they REALLY don’t want to have a polytheistic God, so they use word-salad nonsense like the trinity to try handwaving it away. Even though it should be perfectly fine to think of Jesus as a demigod and not the big-G God, so you can have your cake and eat it too.

>Quaran
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quran

You mean the alcoran?

Typo, my bad.

You're not funny. You just did the same typo shit to me in the other thread.

He should have just killed the jewish slaves, take their property and money to get more non jew slaves to replace them, easy peasy.

I don’t think God was even supposed to be benevolent at first. He was just the god who was on the Jew’s side because he told Abraham to cut off the tip of his dick and he did it the absolute madman.

God would have completely genocided the Egyptians if he did that.

Passover is just a myth, right? There's no archeological evidence that the Jews were ever in Egypt, let alone that they were slaves.

You’re both checked and correct.
There indeed is no historical/archaeological evidence of Jews being enslaved in Egypt, only some oral traditions and scriptures that have not been corroborated outside of the Jewish tradition.

Why would they even need to claim it was the Egyptians when it was the Akkadians that did it to them?

I personally would go as far as to say it’s probably because of political reasons. Egypt continued to exist long after Akkad and still exists now, and the history of Jewish and Middle Eastern relations obviously isn’t the most friendly, so the Jewish tradition decided on Egypt. Egypt was also a powerful political force during the Bronze Age and up to CE, which the Jewish tribes likely saw as competition.

KEK

Does Veggie Tales count

Both Christians and Jews share the Book of Exodus which has the story of Moses/Passover, so I don’t see why Veggietales wouldn’t technically count as a Passover cartoon.

In fact, Joshua and the Promised Land would also count since it also tells the story of Exodus.

Attached: 28622C6D-CACB-4F81-B544-FBFEB0B12EE6.jpg (1280x720, 64.57K)

Seder-Masochism.

Attached: SederMasochismPoster.jpg (1200x1800, 425.88K)

Is this where that clip of
>This is My Land
with all the guys stabbing others and taking it comes from?

Sure.

Learn to crop, fag.

I am pretty sure Arthur has a Yom Kippur episode.

>Let's celebrate that time we all got together and cut the king's head off!
>Let's celebrate that time we bombed our enemies to submission!
>Let's celebrate that time we violently overthrew a foreign regime!
Secular or religious, violence is a piece of human nature, get used to it you little bitch

>Let's celebrate that time we bombed our enemies to submission!
They deserved it