How do you guys feel about the current state of IDW Sonic...

How do you guys feel about the current state of IDW Sonic? personally i really like it and i'm excited for the sonic movie 2 one shot.

Attached: 817HZL-iL7L.jpg (1400x2121, 294.7K)

Kinda boring but average for American comics.

I feel like the zombie arc dragged on a little too long but I kind of like Starline and the movie tie in was decent enough.

No stakes. Too many lesbians.

Better than the games, worse than the old comics but with potential to grow. Really do not care for any of the OCs so far.

Good art, but offensively-boring safe writing.

Is Nagus back yet or what?

Attached: 2174179_sanikink_ixis-walter-naugus.png (1734x2143, 951.25K)

Naugus is locked in the SatAM/Archie chest.

>No stakes. Too many lesbians.
Is Ken pender still mad he not being credited for having gay sonic characters?

Its good but they need abandon the restoration shit and focus about exploring the world

How the fuck should I know what Penders thinks? Go stalk his Twitter if you are that interested in him.

>Good art, but offensively-boring safe writing
Did IDW went full IDW TMNT yet when the books become lesbian drama? Best thing I hear about IDW sonic is that it the most apolitical book. At least compared to Lesbian TMNT and IDW Hasbro book. They can’t even published MLP without turning dragons into a BLM metaphor because IDW ban using zebras because zebras are racist now.

Very slow paced, like we get it surge is going to fight sonic, you didn’t need 10 issues to build that up

Everything after metal virus arc has been a slow 2 year buildup to issue 50. Its missing the sexual tension, gossip and drama of previous sonic comics and other current IDW comics, so it reads very safe in comparison.

Yes? No? Maybe?
I don't know, could you repeat the question?

If Archie worried about Sega pulling the license by Ken pender making that walrus gay. What would IDW have to do to piss off Sega enough to pull the license? Sega not Hasbro. Hasbro let a literal communist who makes fun of 9/11 survivors on twitter to write GI Joe.
>Its missing the sexual tension, gossip and drama of previous sonic comics
Weirdest thing about the Archie comics is all the implied sex going on between characters and one implied rape. But they are mostly too subtle for kids to notices.

>is all the implied sex going on between characters and one implied rape.
. . . ?

Scourge did a "revenge of the nerds" on Bunnie when he faked being Sonic.

Anyway, the fundamental problem with the current comics is they are too short. Older comics used to be beefy things with 30+ pages, new comics, and this isn't exclusive to IDW, are often just 20 pages. That generally means stories have no time for breathing room or small interactions, or something important gets rushed.

Shrinkflation in comics is a problem that is only getting worse.

>Shrinkflation in comics is a problem that is only getting worse.
You'd think digital distribution and rolling subscriptions would alleviate this.

The slow build long running arc bullshit is the worst part of post-reboot Archie and now IDW. You look at the first 40 issues of Archie and there's a new story every month, and the big giant "Endgame" arc that they made epic and all that because they thought it was going to be the end of the entire comic was only four issues. Now even the most basic stories are four-issues because they write for trades that nobody buys, and it takes years for a bigger plot to go anywhere.

They still have the license yes?

There are zero lesbians

He's not coming back user, best move on.

HOW MANY TIMES ARE YOU GOING TO HAVE THE SAME FUCKING THREAD

Started out good, hit a wall, hasn't recovered.

To be fair, they also had the Sonic Universe providing smaller, self-contained runs.

focusing more on "being sonicky" seems like it ends up making "boring shit" because the writer isn't already use to writing stories that can hold up on their own and is just relying on attachment from autists to carry him.

Until everyone in Yea Forums starts enjoying IDW.

Its funny how Archie, with all the mismanagement it had, had a better release schedule compared to IDW.

It's interesting how /co seems to have turned on the IDW run. I wonder if your threads had a part in that.

Which ones are you talking about ? The ride ones ?

Wait- how many IDW threads do you make?

SEGA boomers don't want "legacy" characters to return.

I thought they were "adventure zoomers" and now they're "sega boomers"?

>He wants to bring back the inferior wizard.

Attached: mogul.jpg (512x512, 48.94K)

Sega has them on a tight leash as far as relationships are concerned. How closely Sega controls other things is a matter of debate.

That's just furry Vandal Savage.

Mogul is far more polite and affable than Savage.

And thats bad because ... ?

It's so safe and boring that it may as well be a 1:1 retread of the games.

Not a fan of blatant rip offs, but you do you.

The sega mandates stagnate story potential.

You do realize that the only original thing of Sonic and everything related to it, is the physics and momentum from Genesis games, right?

So when's the next Ride?

I'm not tremendously offended by the idea that the Japanese games had vaguely original lore that never made it here unlike most people in these threads.

This purism talk is reaching ridiculous levels. Soon you guys are gonna start talking how Sega isnt using the right blue color for Sonic.

Chris-chan was a prophet.

Attached: You're here forever.png (799x808, 309.54K)

>and the big giant "Endgame" arc that they made epic
Tell me you're joking.
captcha XD0XD

endgame was cool and had great spaz art. people just meme hate shit and dont actually think about anything

Nah, it's just natural Yea Forums contrarianism, Sonic being an easy punching bag, and autism. So a normal Sonic thread.

Attached: forgotten_queen_aleena_by_dead82_devn46i-fullview.jpg (1280x1411, 170.7K)

Last one was just last year. say about another year before then.

Attached: d424g24-3f5bef73-4bb4-4520-a3cc-23d47ec52eab.jpg (308x887, 163.09K)

Reminder that Sally a shit.

Attached: tumblr_8a7246963cf152524b19e90b1c078558_b76cab85_2048.png (2048x1151, 782.37K)

I'm not talking about quality, just pointing out that back then their idea of a big massive comic-ending goodbye story was only the same length as today's small minor story. Imagine if "Endgame" was two fucking years long.

Da fuck are you a sonic fan then

I like it. It's not amazing or anything but it's literally the best Sonic related thing at the moment. I do not get how some people can think IDW is some grand insult to Sonic but the "CGI animal in human world" films are any good.

Lolwut. There's plenty of criticism. Off the top of my head-
>Dulcy asspull
>Drago's uber retarded plan that somehow worked (seriously Ken, why not just use the robo-duplicates YOU MADE UP? Reincorporation and all that)
>bizarre Warlord Robotnik fakeout that lasts like 2 pages
>Sonic did nothing of note during the event but survive. He has no hand in Robonik's downfall

>it's literally the best Sonic related thing at the moment.

Opinion discarded.

Yeah, that's what made him cool.

I understand why people complain about IDW being too safe but let's be real
let's be really real
do you guys seriously want it to devolve into the same retardation the Archie comics became?
This doesn't just include all the storylines you personally like
It will also include all the forced drama, stupid love triangles, general relationship romance soap opera bullshit, a bunch of OCs that don't matter, writing that's just there to shit on the main character (most of Penders' work that wasn't about Knuckles) and constant retcons that will feel like you wasted your time reading what came before

Do you really, REALLY want that

Attached: 1649002862262.jpg (250x250, 61.49K)

He means the boomers at SEGA that have a fuck ton of mandates attached to Sonic media not made by them

>Problem with Archie comics was the amount of OC's
>IDW comics literally does the same thing

Seriously, the only difference here is that Knuckles is the only echidna and that won't last long since SEGA has been daring recently with Lost Brotherhood.

Its fine. Serves its purpose.

I only read the first couple issues and then dropped it. I heard that it never got better so I never picked it up again.

Did they really only just finish the Metal Virus arc that was going on at the beginning of the book?

Archie Sonic lasted, what, more than 15 years? Most people would be fine taking the best parts of Archie while avoiding the mistakes of the worst parts. The worst parts of IDW already fall into a lot of the same mistakes that people complained about with Archie, when the writers have no excuse for not knowing any better.

yeah he's fucking cool too

>do you guys seriously want it to devolve into the same retardation the Archie comics became?
Yes, because it was entertaining to read even at its worst it could give you a few laughs at how stupid it was instead of boring you to tears.

Yes I would say having character drama is better than having nothing at all
>A bunch of OCs that don't matter
surge, kit, tangle, whisper, that clown thing, the skunks, the capybara guy, jewel, starline

>Archie Sonic lasted, what, more than 15 years?
to be fair that was both from autists engaging in a sunk cost fallacy as the actual story got worse and Archie desperately trying to keep their only hit going when all their other comics were in the gutter sales-wise

The fact that despite lasting 25 years it's concerning that you can probably only count the amount of actually good arcs on one hand

as contrarian as this sounds, I'd rather deal with them than say Geoffry St. John any fucking day

I just want something a little more complex. The shallow worldbuilding is super noticeable and it never really feels like we're anywhere. It's all just villages with zones in the background.