Could you imagine if the MCU still had this absolute kino enhancer?

Could you imagine if the MCU still had this absolute kino enhancer?
Ruffalo was fine for ONE movie only.

Attached: images (62).jpg (739x415, 30.61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vVIXTNqtZmc
youtube.com/watch?v=3tpRDs0z3zc
youtu.be/dq_RsNQjo7U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ruffalo was fine when they focused more on Hulk than Banner like the first movie did. I´m surprised there isn´t so much hate towards Universal for what they did the character

The flattest Banner ever, even fucking Eric Bana was a better Bruce. Bill Bixby was the best Banner.

>Ruffalo was fine when most of his on screen presence was taken up by an effectively mute CG monster

>Norton is a method actor
>There´s a chance he tried to bath in radiation to turn into the Hulk for real
Kino if real

Take it to Yea Forums

I feel the exact opposite. In the first Avengers movie i thought Ruffalo was a great Banner and The Hulk was mostly good but at points kind of goofball which I hated. not enough to hate the hole thing but even in the first movie the him vs Thor shit was annoying...slightly irksome. As the Avengers movies go on Banner becomes more of a joke and Hulk is an even bigger joke.

And I think that's because Ruffalo is just picking up paychecks. It may have caused all kinds of shit but I honestly believe Norton would have fought for better writing of his character.

Why is it that all method actors mostly play abusive or deranged characters? Is it likely they just use acting is an excuse to be an abusive cunt IRL and get paid and respected for it?

The entire premise of a green rage monster being a super hero can either be a complete joke or a complete nightmare. There's no sweet spot.

Hulk should be handled like a horror film. Banner should beg in fear to people to not make him angry, the Norton movie ruined everything by making him gaining control of the beast, in the end they used the Hulk becomes temporarily bad twice anyway

I think Ruffalo ruined him by making him a complete joke, especially in Infinity War. Getting whooped by Thanos ought to make him angrier, not more cowardly

Complete nightmare is my sweet spot. But especially since their weren't solo Hulk movies it would seem to me easier to have the Banner/Hulk thing as a serious background plot for the Avengers. And Age of Ultron kind of did that,poorly, but then just shipped him off into the ether. But Hulk throughout the movies could have been this thing that because he's getting more exposure is becoming harder for Banner to control. And while all this other Avengers shit is going on Banner is slowly getting crushed under the pressure. And you reveal it increase it a bit more in every Avengers movies.

Whedon ruined the premise of that by making him fall in love with Black Widow off-screen.

But like other user said, that's not Ruffalo that's writing and producers or Universal's interference.

I know they did it cause they needed to spend the CGI budget on Thanos, but it just ruined the entire character for me, and it wasn't even funny at all

>Whedon ruined the premise of that by making him fall in love with Black Widow off-screen.

The Black Widow shit was dumb. But what I wrote was never a "premise". Not one they ever considered anyway. And compared to everything that came after Natasha honey potting Hulk through Bruce (even though that's my head canon) is better than anything that came after (as I can not even conceive of a convincing head canon to excuse that bullshit).

>Hawkeye and Black Widow had a good chemistry in the first movie
>BW somehow started a relationship with Banner out of nowhere
>Hawkeye was already married with a literal who (not even Mockingbird)
Banner was obviously his self-insert

My point was, Hulk can't be a seriously compelling character if he's "falling in love" while in Hulk mode, as an avenger he doesn't really work out unless they wheel him out for world ending events and not like at the beginning of Age of Ultron where they're fighting regular humans with guns.

>I know they did it cause they needed to spend the CGI budget on Thanos
Never even considered that shit. Great insight. I just thought writers had no idea how to make a story where the Hulk jobs but isn't a complete bitch.

>but it just ruined the entire character for me, and it wasn't even funny at all

No arguments.

I'm not disagreeing, I don't think. Just that after the Avengers, I don't remember or I can't think of any good decisions they made concerning Banner or Hulk. The Thor Ragnarok shit wasn't any better Infinity War was actually worse and End Game was even worse than that. It was all shit but comparatively the Whedon shit didn't smell so bad I could taste it.

The only time Ruffalo was good as the Hulk was in the 1st Avengers movie and that's cause as Bruce he played a calm and collected doctor who cared about helping people. In the rest of the movies, he got written as a literal clown comic relief character

This was my favorite part in the first movie.
youtube.com/watch?v=vVIXTNqtZmc

He really sells guy that's been on the run. Smart doctor but used to shady shit, recognizes traps. Handles tense situations with earned experience. Even as banner he seemed a littler dangerous.

The only MCU movie not to raceswap a single character.

Norton was a better Banner and a better Hulk. Marvel should have just put up with his demands because what we’ve gotten since has been constant trash with all characters acting like they’re in a bad sitcom and not a superhero movie.

source?

Wasnt that not a thing till later mcu movies? I cant think of any race swaps in Iron Man or the first Cap movie.

>I cant think of any race swaps in Iron Man
Well in the original Iron Man, he was fighting the Chinese, no middle eastern guys

Yea, but they couldnt have him in Nam if it was set in the modern day. Moving it to Afghanistan made sense and was retconned in the comics too.

The next big Hulk film being planned is Immortal Hulk, which will be treated as Hulk's NWH and have each different Bruce actor represent Bruce's different personalities

The director of this movie blew up comic panels and put them on the wall in meetings when planning the movie. The people making today’s MCU movies and TV series have never read comics and actively shit on them.

>Leterrier's primary inspiration was Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale's Hulk: Gray (a retelling of the character's first appearance). He replicated every comic book panel that he pinned-up during pre-production, from the many comics he browsed, in the final film.
>The Black Widow screenwriter and showrunner to Wandavision continued, “I’m not interested in adhering to comic canon that is discriminatory in any way or that violates my values system. I wasn’t a huge superhero movie fan before starting to work [at Marvel], but now that I’m doing it, there’s just so much opportunity to make big, positive statements. I would like to see alternatives to violence in superhero movies. Maybe I would qualify that by saying, alternatives to glamorizing guns and weaponry.”

that sounds terrible. has the mcu really lost all creativity and are that dependent on nostalgia bating old actors?

Nick Fury. You can’t defend it and say it was because he was already black in the Ultimate Universe because they only did with the goal of getting him in a future movie and got his likeness with that deal in mind. And the parties responsible were directly involved with putting Sam Jackson in the movie.

Yea, I forgot about Fury.

>I know they did it cause they needed to spend the CGI budget on Thanos
>Never even considered that shit. Great insight.
That doesn't hold up to examination, though, because they still put him in the Hulkbuster suit... which was also a huge CGI monster.
No, they wanted to give him the contrasting arcs of de-hulking in Infinity War and permahulking in Endgame. I'm not saying it was a good decision, mind you, but it was definitely a narrative one and not a budgetary one.

Because of the issues with Universal it will be available on Peacock first before becoming available on Disney+ later-on

I wonder why Nick Fury of all characters to race swap, maybe because he wasn’t as well known?

Still doesn't really count since it was seven years and several dozen comic appearances before Iron Man came out

Google who raceswapped him and you won’t be surprised.

>all characters acting like they’re in a bad sitcom and not a superhero movie
I really hate that shit and how the common folk think it’s delightful

From what I’ve seen it was Bendis who did it, so I’m not surprised there lol

He was great in his solo film, but I can't picture him playing well off of RDJ, Evans, and Hemsworth

Eric Bana was the GOAT Banner.

Eric Bana was a very good Banner (last names even sound similar kek). My only criticism was the script/plot he was working with.
The hulk dogs and daddy-issues plot should have been scrapped entirely IMO

Bana's Hulk was better suited to fighting Abomination than Norton's

His Hulk looked like Shrek.

I always thought that what the MCU did with their Hulk was a tamer version of how they treated the X-Men/FF during Fox's ownership of them
>oh, we don't have the movie rights to our character? Time to take a big fat shit all over them then!
Obviously the difference with the Hulk is that they could use the character but not make their own solo movie without Universal, so it might not have been as deliberately spiteful as that but Banner/Hulk certainly suffered from always having to be a secondary. It's why Banner gets turned into cheesy comic relief after Avengers 1, it's why he completely disappears for several years between Avengers 2 and Thor 3, it's why he gets nothing to do in Infinity War, and it's why any character development is completely skipped over in Endgame and he just ends up this lame non-Hulky Hulk.
He's nothing like the classic Hulk because they can't actually flesh him out at all in the team films or let him upstage another hero in their film. The best they could do is a big movie where he's the villain but thanks to their story choices in Endgame, we're never gonna see that.

Imagine if Ang Lee's Hulk didn't flop. The MCU would've started with that.

Checked and kek’d
Norton Hulk looked better imo

Hulk 2003 is the best Hulk movie

I remember seeing the teaser trailer for it back in around 2002 and being hyped. I still sometimes get chills watching it. It’s too bad the movie was a bit of a disappointment.
youtube.com/watch?v=3tpRDs0z3zc

youtu.be/dq_RsNQjo7U

Kek

Ruffalo is 100x better than this dude

Hipster take

I don't even remember this. Wow, It's been a long time since I've seen Avengers.

I'm so tired of people pushing agendas. Your job is to entertain me, faggotlord, not preach at me.

I'm with you. Avengers and AoU Ruffaner was great, beyond that, it was shit.

Honestly, anything that keeps Widow away from being shipped with guys that are also spies/soldiers is good to me.

Is that why they act like the MCU Hulk movie never happened?

How?

They've started acknowledging it more recently. It was used it as a basis for one What If episode, with Ruffalo Banner replacing Norton Banner, and then the Abomination showed up in Shang Chi

>aftercredits scene of Hulk goes fucking nowhere
>movie can be skipped over and the rest of the films are coherent without it, feels like Hulk just debuted in Avengers instead
>only standalone movie of Phase 1 that never got it's own sequel movie
>Bruce Banner completely recast in the next movie he appears in
>Abomination fucked off from the MCU for thirteen years despite not being dead

>It was used it as a basis for one What If episode, with Ruffalo Banner replacing Norton Banner
If anything that just sounds like they're trying to erase it even more

Idk feel like it's been referenced more than most solo movies

Watched this movie last month. I enjoyed it desu. Very different feel from the MCU.

Shit second part meant for . Not gonna bother deleting it again

>aftercredits scene of Hulk goes fucking nowhere
Avengers
>movie can be skipped over and the rest of the films are coherent without it, feels like Hulk just debuted in Avengers instead
That's how the MCU is designed you can skip movies without being extremely lost
>only standalone movie of Phase 1 that never got it's own sequel movie
That's just a rights issue
>Bruce Banner completely recast in the next movie he appears in
Ok? So was War Machine
>Abomination fucked off from the MCU for thirteen years despite not being dead
And now he is back unlike most stuff from other people's movies

Its the most boiler plate MCU movie though
Agents of Shield had him, it's cannon it's just a different face

I think the only part they're trying to erase is the existence of Norton Banner, cause that What If segment was straight up just the university fight from the 2008 film, up until they do the whole what if thing
As said earlier ITT, the main reason Disney are ignoring it is because they don't have the rights to do a Hulk solo movie. It's why Hulk, Abomination, and General Ross only show up as side characters in other films. The other dangling plot threads are simply because they can't do a sequel without Universal being involved. The first movie set up the Leader, with Tim Blake Nelson, and it's gone nowhere simply because they can't use the Leader as a villain for anyone else

Attached: 0nRGdz8xwPMHokk_U.jpg (640x272, 40.25K)

Hulk never happened is going to be the new Uncle Ben never existed schizo rant isn't it?