Makes thousands of kids believe "anyone can wear the mask" is the central theme behind Spider-Man

>makes thousands of kids believe "anyone can wear the mask" is the central theme behind Spider-Man

Why did they do this, that was never a thing until this movie

Attached: 90185.jpg (1920x808, 221.81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/DukeTheGrammer/status/1514330967883894786
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

brand

Would you rather them be inspired by Spiderman or pic related?

Attached: INsKstf7_400x400.jpg (400x400, 13.98K)

it's also impossible due to Totem bullshit

Peter proved in the 60's that Spider-man was an every man

Miles in 2011 proved every man could be Spider-man.

What's difficult to understand about this?

Why not? It's inspirational.
2011? Wasn't Into the Spider-Verse released in 2019?

But that's wrong, Miles still has Peter's spider-powers and more, he was still bitten by a radioactive spider, he still has the Spider-Man mentor and coach him, he still wears Spider-Man's literal suit, he still calls himself "Spider-Man", he's still a teen guy from NY, etc if anything he's reinforcing the idea that you need to be as close as possible to Peter and his special circumstances in order to be Spider-Man

Nothing, but the second is unneeded bullshit.

>Peter proved in the 60's that Spider-man was an every man
I thought he was a white collar super-intelligent dropout larping as a poor guy because he was paid on commission, not salary, to take photos of himself.
>Miles in 2011 proved every man could be Spider-man.
I thought he was proving Ultimate Spider-man could be palette swapped to pale black whilst proving the only storyline Spider-man has is and always was an identity crisis.

Attached: spider_man_miles_morales_new_suit_r_by_approvedbyaj_denhnpm-pre.jpg (894x894, 177.76K)

To be fair, they were doing that in the Amazing Spider-Man movies too. And it was worse there since Peter got spider powers because of his special bloodline tied to the formula his father made.

Miles didn't siphon powers from Parker. A mutated Spider bit him and he got powers. Random circumstance. 2011 Miles didn't have a mentor and ITSV Pete really only taught him web swinging and gave an encouraging word. literally everything else was Miles.

The only requirement to be 'Spider-man' is to get bit by a Spider. A low bar of entry.

And even then the powers are a necessity. Spider-man Fake-Red had a guy find Peter's suit abandoned and he successfully defended the city from several threats with zero supernatural abilities.

It's "anyone can cook" but with spiders instead of rats.

>that was never a thing until this movie
I'm confident that it was. Anyways it easier to sell toys and merchandise.

>anyone can wear the mask
Such an empty statement.

But I'm not a half black half hispanic boy so I can't relate.

Spider-man is not Spider-man without Peter Parker. That was the whole point of Kraven's Last Hunt

Low bar of entry my ass.

a fucking radioactive spider that grants superpowers.

They did the same thing with Batman nowadays

And Superman

I understand the whole “anyone can be a hero” deal but we aren’t here for interchangeable dude in mask

Not really, Hobie Brown proved all you needed to be Spider-Man was to be a teenage super genius.

Attached: Hobie.jpg (273x280, 45.19K)

Didn't they do that at the end of Amazing Spiderman 2?
This.

it's the central theme for Miles specifically. Although Peter being an unassuming nerd by day and Spidey by night does sort of lend itself to the whole "anyone can be Spider-Man" theme and is part of why he's so popular. He's the superhero who could be you -- he struggles with a job he hates, doesn't get the girl next door, can't make rent, etc. Is that really so drastically different from what would eventually become "anyone can be spider-man"?

Bendis should have made Hobie Brown replace Ultimate Peter then, but that wouldn't pay his bills.

the only other spider-person I care about is mayday, the rest are boring

ok 2099 Spiderman is coo tool but that's it

Mayday is also boring.

>Hobie has to keep coming up with new and inventive ways to copy Peter's powers to keep up the illusion of being Spider-Man.
>Prowler is miles as his sidekick.
I'd read the shit out of that.

Honestly Spider-Man after that whole controversy these past couple of days where he said that it was okay for people to get doxxed because they're not famous

nah I like the idea of the daughter of Peter learning to take the mantel

sauce?

I didn't even know this guy existed until yesterday, and didn't know who he was or what he did until just now.

You will still be angry because he is black tho.

Guide to being a milestard: bring up race when no one is talking about it because that's the only feature your shit character has.
11 years of this fucking shit. Some things never change.

>2011 Miles didn't have a mentor
He had the ultimates and Jessica

At best only in a metaphorical sense. "This little kid has the bravery and good heart to don the mask and face evil :)" but nobody's expecting him to win in that fight, not nearly. It's probably more just for Spidey's inspiration really. Spider-verse didn't even have that though, Miles specifically is spider-man, same for almost every other spidey, and not just anyone can do what he does.

Attached: thebat.jpg (664x552, 45.82K)

The Raimi films hit you over the head with the “anyone can be a hero theme” From JJ protecting Peter from the Goblin, the train scene, Aunt May inspiring Peter to keep being Spider-Man, Doc Ock, Harry and Sandman all finding redemption. I mean I like it but even children could pick up that moral. Of course that was more in a idealized version of yourself way rather than using a deadman’s persona

>Spider-man was an every man

Inspiring message saying that greatness can have humble origins

Soulless message saying we are all interchangeable, disposable, and replaceable.

just say you hate niggers, god

twitter.com/DukeTheGrammer/status/1514330967883894786

I'm black and I hate Miles. The fucker is a bland Mary Sue with bullshit powers. The premise of "Don't worry if spider-man dies because some random person will get bitten by a special spider and even better powers and do and even better job" is deviantart fanfic tier horse shit.

A nonpowered, tech-based hero trying to live up to Peter's legacy while being based on an actual 616 character with ties to the franchise would alleviate pretty much all of my complaints with Miles, actually. You know, no one complained when it was a Latina Spider-Girl. It's almost like she wasn't shoved down everyone's throats for a decade, and actually stood out in a meaningful way.

nta, but im brown and hate this shit too. spider-man is peter parker. the idea that anyone can put on the mask and become spider-man is retarded, like calling laura 'wolverine' is retarded.

Why are you faggots still trying to justify yourselves to these retards? It's been an entire decade and "u juss haet blax" is the only thing Milestards can ever say in response to any and all criticism of their favorite character. Not like they have enough braincells to change their opinions. There will be a thread like this tomorrow and the next month and the next year and they will be saying the exact same thing over and over and over and over.
For fuck's sake, a fanbase as shallow as milestards deserves this character.

>Peter
>white collar

Fuck off, casual

post skin, bitches

The central theme behind Spider-Man is to sell comics, action figures, and bedspreads to kids you fucking mongoloids. The fact that character diversity is now material to the bottom line has not changed this.

Sure they deserve him. But why do we deserve to have to deal with him in every adaptation for the rest of time?

It's honestly nice that Miles has been slowly being molded into a better character, but I don't think it'll amount to much anyway. With the shitload of extra spiders around he's the only one SO rooted in being a replacement more than anything. The question, even when Miles isn't dogshit, is "what does he bring to the table, what's interesting about him" and the answer is next to nothing unless you're super satisfied with sloppy diversity. Even then Araña and Miguel and some of the alt-verse spiders cover the non-white bases. Miles is just some guy who gets to take Peter's place, his hero name, even his characters, and there's no good reason for that to happen. No clone shenanigans, alt timelines, passing of genes, just "hey this bi-racial guy can join the fun, thanks for the royalties"

>I thought he was a white collar
You thought wrong.

Why is the concept of hero mantles such fucking anathema to Marvel readers
Does Jay Garrick and Barry Allen trigger you as well

A mantle is only a Mantle when it's directly passed down from one to another. Sure it was fine in the ultimate universe, but within 616 miles is just simply redundant. Also Jay is retired most of the time, it's just dumb to have a legacy character when the original still running around. For example I have no problems with Sam cap or Bucky cap and would have been fine with either one of them becoming the new status quo because it was directly passed down and has meaning because they're established characters of multiple decades.

Neither Peter Parker nor Miles Morales are Spider-Man.

I am Spider-Man.

Based and self centered pilled

>student
>lab assistant
>photographer
At what point is he blue collar?

Marvel isn't a comic book universe, it is a "lifestyle brand." Same with fairytale princesses, Kingdom Hearts, Star Wars, the Simpsons, and anything else the Mouse owns. All themes are directed towards getting you to consoom more merch, to be loyal exclusively to Brand™, to evangelize Brand™ to your friends and to denounce Enemy Brand at every opportunity.

Attached: they hated him 2.jpg (600x600, 68.23K)

“Anyone can be a hero" is light years away from “Anyone can be Spider-Man"

>He doesn't have genius intellect and is unable to invent bullshit spider-cum shooters that no one in the universe can replicate, at 15 years old btw.
feel bad for you, user.

Jessica Drew didn't teach him shit. Rogers didn't either he'd already dealt with 4 villains before he even met them. Bendis wanted to show Miles was capable of the job without ties to the past. It's why Miles doesn't get webshooters until after his fight with Prowler. It was proof of concept. Something the likes of Ben or May couldn't do.

Attached: 83917728_p0_master1200.jpg (912x1200, 339K)

Yep. People especially liberals love shilling brands especially when it panders to them. That is why Nestle can get away with heinous shit. Slap a lgbt flag there once in a while and they will stop annoying you

Attached: 1650018204143.jpg (1920x1080, 172.53K)

This schizo reality isn't real because Mouscucks make up 99% of the DC audience and they would be considered "Enemy Brand"

Wasn't he entire point of Peter was to make him relatable to anyone?

>Kingdom Hearts
What the fuck are you talking about. It ain't remotely the same to Star Wars or MCU

Miles is the whitest black person in existence

Miles is like that one black guy white writers met that one time

The “let’s make intrigue around his parents and their deaths” was such a boneheaded move.

Nestlé's ability to get away with shit is due to money and lobbying.
The "cancel" crowd is neither liberal nor with any power over brands.