Admit it

Admit it
It was pretty disappointing

Attached: 1642500231004.jpg (1000x1482, 242.92K)

I liked it, cliches and all.

Yeah. It was a big disappointment.

>cliches
True, I remember sitting in the Theater and thinking
>no way it's that obvious she's the badguy right?
lmao

It just serves to remind me that the Boom comic run will never be concluded.

Brad Bird said he'd only make Incredibles 2 if he had a story worth telling and we got a straight-to-Disney DVD caliber story instead. Not doing an timejump with actual stakes was a huge mistake.

At least it looked good. Wish they could press an upgrade button and make the first movie look that good.

Everyone thought the same when it came out.

Bird was basically forced to make it after Tomorrowland flopped.

You liked it because of Helen's ass and nothing more

Yeah

He said that a long time ago, before Disney put their foot down

True Parrtricians liked it for Helen's ass AND Dash flexing.

Attached: incredibles 2 dash flex.webm (1920x800, 1.54M)

Brad Bird: I'll only do a sequel if i have the perfect script

>It's Incredibles 1 but the mom and dad conflict swapped

bravo

No because I quite enjoyed the stay at home dad and mother off to work trope. Bob learning how to be the best dad ever was an extremely satisfying scene since we already know he's a great super hero too which means he's twice as cool now.

Are you a shotafag

I believe Brad Bird was forced by Disney to make this sequel after the flop that was Tomorrowland. Hence why now he has two shitty movies under his belt.

In what particular sense?

>kid flexing
>kid
user pls

Imagine if it wasn't a dumbed down sequel for retards and they actually aged up the characters to bring up new dillemas for instance
Bob: dealing with growing older as a hero and having you power waning
Helen: having to deal with changing family dynamics and knowing that one day all the kids will leave the nest
Violet: Being a young adult and the forming of ones identity and responsibility that comes with being one
Dash: Own love arc and bringing back a new perspective on being gifted comapred to peers since it was really answered in the original
Jack Jack: How having limitless potential is useless unless you understand how to hone it to do actual useful acts.

Instead little to no one has any character growth or arc at best and at worst are made actively worse
Bob is so pathetic that his kids feel so sorry for him that they start acting well
Dash Dash is just there to be a nuisance and nothing else
Violet is a PMS joke and thats about it
Jack Jack is just cute baby antics to get laughs out of the audience
Helen suddenly puts hero work over family even though thats completely opposite to how she was portrayed in the original.
This is just be ONLY bitching about their characterization and not even the god awful villian in the movie.

Attached: What was I expecting after 20 years.jpg (301x167, 7.97K)

The action scenes were good looking at least, but if there's no engaging story that accompanies those scenes then it's all an empty, forgettable spectacle.

Well, I don't want to fuck the kid, if that's what you're saying. I prefer /ss/.

What about becoming Dash overnight?

Nah. I prefer being an observer rather than a participant, if that makes sense.

It was pretty disappointing

Yes, it should have been a 70s timeskip. Plot wise something, about Jack Jack and his place in the world, Dash during Vietnam War, something Cold War espionage Days of Future Past, Wanted. I don't know, something more darker.

Or what this user say

>something more darker.
user the incredibles is an animated movie for kids and you legit expect them to have dash go to vietnam or something? are you retarded?

>Dash loses his legs in Nam
>becomes depressed and suicidal

To be fair, the first movie did have a lot of edge for a kids movie and it's not like war hasn't been explored in kids shows before.

Bro, the first one was darker than this, we see people get shredded by planes off screen, literal corpse a guy trying to suicide himself and multiple deaths just not gore.

Hell I'm not even saying he should be in the whole movie just like the intro he's there for a bit before he escapes. I'm mean it make sense it's the 70s and he's fighting age.

And I'm just spitballing.

Doubt it, he could fast enough to not fall into bamboo traps.

Yes totally agree

And Disney basically wanted him to tell the same story because they were afraid people wouldn't remember the last film.

>Admit it
>[statement that 90% of all reviews state]

I would give a kidney to get a "remastered" version of the original with the CGI from the sequel.
Not MY kidney, mind you, but still.

You got no legs Lieutenant Dash

And now he's over at Skydance

Mighty kek

Admit what
Pretty much everyone thought it was a disappointment

He can just out run the explosion dumb ass.

Missed opportunity to age up the kids and continue the series.

Attached: 54367.png (840x1080, 1.06M)

I remember having watched it but not anything that was in it.

Dash would be an Air Force pilot

The Villain should have been a former Super to turn the theme of the first film on it's head.
It didn't have to be Gamma Jack, but it should have been a Super.

>much worse main protagonist (too flawless, no character growth)
>much worse villain (too retarded, no connection to the protagonist)
>Bob and the kids regress and basically repeat their tertiary character arcs from the first movie
>Jack Jack joke beaten into the ground
>The other supers are for some reason a le 56% meme when they looked like normal people in the 1st
Yeah it was trash, and not even because of the wait, 15 or 5 it would have still been shit. I'm actually glad kid me didn't have to experience it, I wasn't as jaded then.

>The other supers are for some reason a le 56% meme when they looked like normal people in the 1st
What the fuck was with the Old Man?

Nah, it was a lot of fun. I never expected it to be as good as the original because the original is arguably the best movie Pixar ever made, in addition to being one of the best pieces of capeshit ever made in any genre. If you go in with your expectations calibrated correctly, it's a good time.

>Wish they could press an upgrade button and make the first movie look that good.
Yeah, it would be pretty nice. I guess we can dream.

I would have it cover the later generation of edgy heroes who like to wear leather jackets over their costumes, have spikes and ammo pouches. The Parr kids love the new heroes and think they are cool, wanting to emulate them, while Bob and Helen are disgusted and don't want those anti heroes corrupting their kids.

Violet's new boyfriend is one of the new dark heroes and she changes her whole look to emulate him and calls herself Violent. The new herpes are too rough and cause a lot of problems and collateral damage. Bob is afraid that the new heroes might get supers banned again, Helen is afraid her daughter is becoming a criminal and ruining her life. They have to find a way to get their kids back on their side while also convincing them the new heroes are actually bad, but no one listes to them thinking they are jealous of the new younger generation and are just old and uncool.

While fighting a supervillain, Violent's boyfriend actually kills the villain and causes a lot of damage to the city causing them to be labeled villains. Now Bob and Helen must catch them first before any other heroes get to them. Violent's boyfriend embraces the villain role and convinces her to join him in villainy.

The final showdown has Bob sacrifice himself for Violet, she realizes that no matter what her family still loves her while her boyfriend is only out for himself and never cared.

Yeah. Even with the Elastigirl fanservice, it ruined everyone else's personalities.
Bob is an idiot.
Violet is boring.
Dash is older and more annoying.
Jack Jack takes too much screentime.

>The final showdown has Bob sacrifice himself for Violet
This sounds horrible. No thanks.

Hows about fucking off with your retarded fanfiction obvious newfag mmkay?

Oh very. Waiting 15 years for a sequel that takes place 5 minutes after the first movie was dumb. And having Elastigirl be the main focus while dad takes care of the kids is cliché and done to death.

If there's a part 3 in the future it needs to be a timeskip with the kids (now older teens/ young adults) trying to make a name for themselves as heroes

I have to say, this sounds like shit.

>dude did Syndrome kill all the supers?
>nah, let's make retarded ones to fill the gap
>let's also copy Syndrome with another non-super villain
I refuse to believe Brad Bird wrote this film.

Attached: 3f0cb4a6-1819-4caa-8192-78cde0a39272-400x400.jpg (400x400, 13.97K)

It's so obvious that the sequel should have had this motherfucker as the main villain. I'm genuinely in shock and awe that they had the keys to success right here and they wasted them.
>basically the diametric opposite of Syndrome in terms of ideology
>could've had the le evil supremacist angle that's so in vogue right now
>has a past relationship with the main characters
>a time skip could bring the possibility of him grooming Violet and/or Dash into joining him
>meta-commentary about how good things don't always stay that way

Attached: gammajack.jpg (491x159, 15.78K)

there's always the option for a terrible third movie

nah, it's too late. they already did the same exact thing twice in a row, tacking on something different for a third installment wouldn't change that

I'm sure there's been a series with a shit second installment and a good third one before

I remember there were a fair number of shills defending the movie when it came out.

Only good part was the hypno content we got from it

Attached: 1645954734762.jpg (1080x1350, 104.08K)

He's dead user.
And even if he weren't, it would be so cliche to villainbat him into another shitty Homelander/Omni-Man type character. He's a lot more interesting as a hero with a bit of a grey personality. As in, Gamma Jack is undoubtedly a hero who cares for protecting people, but he does look down on them somewhat.

>Muh drawing!
Okay, pedo.

It's a sad truth but if a director isn't passionate about making a sequel it's probably not worth wishing for.

What a garbage Star Wars sequel tier idea.

Well maybe they were sidekicks or retired?

>Gamma Jack is undoubtedly a hero who cares for protecting people, but he does look down on them somewhat
Which I can easily see as a villain of a story. The problem with Homelander and Omni-Man is that they don't have to be the way that they are (i.e. secretly callous about humanity, and externally holding different opinions) to work as villains, the writers are just too stupid to do anything else with them. There are plenty of circumstances where an ideologue like Gamma Jack, who expresses his views openly and acts upon those views, could come to clash with the Incredibles, especially if he's reacting to the events of the first movie.
>He's dead
I see no reason why he couldn't have survived and become a fugitive, just like Mr. Incredible.