Have a solid origin movie

>Have a solid origin movie
>Set up Mister Mind and The Monster Society of Evil
>Fast forward to sequel
>"LOL We're just going to use 3 OC creation goddesses/witches"
Fuck you. Also if those leaks are legit, I'm even more done. Anyway general Billy thread I suppose

Attached: MISTER MIND MOVIE.jpg (576x749, 75.2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qu0Td4vvigc&t=6s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Wonder Woman 1984 2.0

Yeah the movie from the leaks does not sound good, I really don’t know what happened Aquaman, Shazam, and Joker were all back to back great movies and now for every movie like The Suicide Squad and The Batman there’s like three shitty movies

I wasn't even that big fan of the first one but my god was 1984 a fucking shitshow. Don't even get me on that rant.
It doesn't make a lick of sense for what they're doing with this project. Are they intentionally sabotaging Shazam 2 just to make Black Adam look better or something?

I think execs are pressuring the director and writer to make it more like generic capeshit to boost the box office
but then they set it up against Avatar 2

>no mr.mind
>no tawky tawny
really makes no fucking sense. I don't know how you even fuck that up so hard. The first movie was fine so I'll at least CHECK out the sequel but it makes no sense.

I assumed they were being saved for the Black Adam crossover

That would make even less sense.

>Studio meddles with their big name IPs, a dozen suits want a dozen different things.
>Leave the lesser know projects alone
>Big IP movie fails, small IP movie succeeds
>Nos suits have their attention on small IP movie because is the one more likely to do money.
Simple as that.

Fuck, the last Shazam run had a lot you could pull for a movie
>Seven Magic Realms (as teased by Mister Mind himself in the movie)
>Billy's dad being a piece of shit, controlled by Mister Mind
>Bunch of crazy colorful characters
It's only going to get worse from here because they'll either recast the kids or just write them out

Attached: IT WAS ME, BILLY.jpg (1041x1600, 634.04K)

What do the leaks say?

Only Mr mind being in Billy's dad was good, the whole characters fucking around in the magiclands felts like padding, there is no real resolution to anyone there .

Right but for a movie there's a lot you can work with script wise and visually

Cereal Lord just wants his stupid shitty comic book ideas to become THE canon, especially for normies who will never know better (e.g. Vic in the JL, Darkseid War, Shazam, even forcing Wan to use a lot of the crap from his Nu52 Arthur run, yadda yadda). He also wanted to make sure he could squeeze as much royalties from WB to pay for hair transplants for the next 3/4 decades.

Thankfully, the second Chadzam movie is ignoring his nonsense even if they are stuck with elements (like the bloated and really mostly unnecessary Shazzy family back-up dance troupe).

Attached: Bitch Only Wants His Money.jpg (575x375, 38.61K)

So what are the rumors

nobody knows

Shazam had executive meddling in it though, and it's one of the few times the film was better for it. They were the ones that pushed the idea of Billy's mother being alive and intentionally abandoning him.

I unfortunately didn’t screenshot the leaks and can’t remember when they were last posted

There’s so so many Stories to pull from that it doesn’t even have to be A Johns story, making it random OC bad guys instead of the multitude of Shazam bad guys is crap

Attached: CA01D984-2D3C-4C0C-9C12-E99CE34898FB.jpg (1200x632, 685.96K)

A Shazam movie with Steamboat would’ve been more interesting to be honest.

Attached: 1533166738351.jpg (847x1200, 327.93K)

Can you post the leaks

Shazam was that one executive's pet project though. The whole "Big meets Capeshit" angle was that executive pitch. It's not really meddling because the creative vision didn't come from the director or the writer, they were just hired.

Shazam 2 sounds like nobody's idea.

You didn't read the leaks, did you? No Billy fan would want what we're in for

Man I have to remember/dig them up, but from what I recall in no particular order
>The 3 goddesses/witches are daughters of Atlas, and seek to return the world to the old ways of magic
>Plot point is Mary in college and the kids each finding less and less time together. This stresses Billy out as he thinks his family is drifting.
>Billy has a crush on Wonder Woman, which is running gag/plot point
>One of the witch sisters (or daughter of one of them??) starts hanging out with Freddie, whom has a crush on her
>Finale has a battle at a baseball stadium against a dragon
>The Wizard is like a ghost/council to Billy
>Billy dies but is resurrected at his funeral by Wonder Woman kissing him or some shit
I forget, please correct me

God I hope the leaks aren't true

Attached: no way home plot leaked.png (1366x562, 282.29K)

Do not read the leaks

>so many stories
Yep

>random OC bad guys
Greek mythology
-powers of the gods
-the Stamina of Atlas
Hespera - daughter
Kalypso - daughter

I mean they are pretty much OC Villains when compared to Shazam’s back catalog

Hey, something I strangely hasn't considered till now, and forgive me if it's been obvious/discussed before but, aren't Shazam movies on borrowed time anyway? At least as far as wanting any lengthy continuation. His whole thing is sometimes he's a kid, but that actor and any others are gonna age more and more (something comics never have to worry about). If the DCEU ever took off what could they even do with him other than just awkwardly keep him a constant not-adult adult, or doing some creepy Luke Skywalker shit and keeping Billy young (for slower but still limited in-universe time).

Yeah I don't know what they're thinking with the sequel, I was really looking forward to it but now...I hope it's still entertaining but it feels like they really missed the mark

I think their plan is to recast the kids once they grow out of it

It's gonna be pretty ironic if Shazam ends up flopping lol

let grant morrison write a Shazam movie

Attached: RCO005_1468424396.jpg (1988x3056, 1.69M)

Looks more like a recycled Percy Jackson script than a Shazam movie.

or Jeff Parker

Attached: convergence-shazam-1-page-1.jpg (993x470, 137K)

>pretty much
but not "random"

Only if he includes that kinky mind altered version of Mary from final crisis.

Will we ever see a kingdom come movie

Attached: shazam kingdom com.jpg (1000x1541, 320.14K)

Non-humanoid characters aren't popular with executive types.

WW84 is a pleb filter

youtube.com/watch?v=Qu0Td4vvigc&t=6s
Fun fact: Shazam has almost thirty minutes of deleted scenes
They could have him possess another guy or team up with Doctor Sivana

Attached: shazam hitler.jpg (700x1007, 179.81K)

Attached: Geoff Johns circa 1996.png (634x432, 312.29K)

A prerequisite for Kingdom Come's story is for the past to have been bright and pure and the present being grim and gritty. So, no.

Okay but why havent DC made an animated kingdom come movie yet

Frankly Shazam 2 sounds like it had to scramble to come up with a new plot because the obvious sequel hook was Black Adam. There was talks of Henry Cavil returning as Superman to be a mentor figure to Billy in the sequel, which apparently was something Dwayne Johnson was really in to since he and Cavil are pals. But the debacle of Justice League put Cavil on ice, and as Black Adam went from an ancient Egypt set prequel to a stealth Justice Society movie, the suits obviously wanted to put some distance between him and Shazam while they figured out which direction to take. Basically it feels like Shazam 2 is like a place holder movie just to keep the IP in people's minds. But of course the classic WB blunder of waiting too long to make a move rears its ugly head again as all the adorable kids are rapidly getting older. The boy playing Billy has got to be at least 17 by now, which isn't really as endearing or fun of a gimmick to have transform into a big super hero.

don't worry I'm used to having an interesting villain featured to forget about in the next movie for no reason

Attached: 80007.jpg (640x320, 10.17K)

Tell me about it.

Attached: MCU_Leader.jpg (600x300, 38.06K)

Have you seen the DC animated cinematic movie universe? It's made by people who want DC to be grimdark, the last movie before the reboot is just characters dying left and right in horrible ways. They will mever want to do a KC movie.

At least the final version with the villains actually kind of wanting to be cured until the Green Goblin takes control of the situation was better than what was leaked.

Ah. So they finally picked up on /co's main demographic.

Attached: 3eeu6o.jpg (1024x787, 128.09K)

I honestly don't know who are more insufferable, Billyfags or Wandafags.

I was promised the World's Most Wicked Scientist and the Malevolent Mr. Mind.

Attached: Dr Sivana.jpg (1268x841, 492.77K)

>Captain Nazi
>Goat-Man
>Mr Banjo
>Nippo
This is embarrassingly stupid.

>Captain Nazi
badass. fuck you.
>Goat Man
could also be badass, fuck you.
>Mr. Banjo
could maybe be a kino villain but certainly not a match for someone like Captain Marvel
>Nippo
based.
how does it feel to be a fag with shit taste

-balding
-self-centered
-delusional
Tracks as Geoff Johns

Attached: stupidjohns.jpg (375x295, 76.18K)

>shitting on what has been called the 'War And Peace' of comic book history

Fuck off to Yea Forums moviecasual

Sounds kinda like a weird filler arc while they figure out what the fuck Black Adam is gonna be.

>Hating on the Monster Society of Evil

Attached: Kill'em.png (720x720, 446.11K)

bump

monsneed society of chuck

am i the only one here who went outside and shouted SHAZAM every time there was a thunderstorm as a kid?

God forbid a comic book is silly