ONE

ONE
LIVE BY THE CODE OF THE MARTIAL ARTS

Attached: turtles2003.jpg (736x1082, 162.61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xNthwUt_4HU
youtube.com/watch?v=d1EnW4kn1kg
youtube.com/watch?v=gzTSH51nOG4
youtu.be/mGLyvbG6ZBc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

TWO
NEVER FIGHT UNLESS..SOMEONE ELSE STARTS

THREE
ALWAYS STICK TOGETHER NO MATER WHAT

FOUR
IF ALL ELSE FAILS, THEN IT'S TIME TO KICK BUTT!

I LOVE BEIN' A-

I LOVE BEIN' A-

I LOVE BEIN A TURTLE!

Attached: 14377890_big_p0.jpg (800x483, 185.25K)

AMO SER
AMO SEER
AMO SEEER
TORTUGA!

Attached: tortuga.jpg (325x432, 47.7K)

youtube.com/watch?v=xNthwUt_4HU

Renet is hot.

Attached: Renet_2003.jpg (578x789, 197.47K)

Leonardo's always in control...

Why was this version so good bros?

>so good
It was pretty decent and able to draw from a lot of stuff, but by season 3 it was treading water. And it included a lot of totally dogshit ideas while snobbishly ignoring stuff that would've been awesome (IDW demonstrates pretty well what a 2003 Bebop and Rocksteady would've been like, and they're great).

I feel like we've yet to get peak TMNT. Some day someone will merge the best bits of many different takes and we'll get something truly magnificent.

Nothing from Rise will be included.

If they admit their "April" was indeed an Irma, I'm fine with it. 2012 was so tryhard with so much shit. I'm sure some stuff may be salvageable but there's so much crap that takes away from the show.

I'm not sure if they could've even used Bebop and Rocksteady if they wanted to.

I wouldn't call 2003 "tryhard" but honestly there was a ton of shit in that show too. Half the Atlantean stuff was schwarbage, along with 99.99% of the superhero stuff. And Fast Forward/Back to the Sewer were mixed bags, to put it MILDLY.

What like legally? Did Mirage prevent them from doing it?

>4kids version ends up being unironically the darkest incarnation of a Turtles tv series
How did it happen, guys?

>getting mad that it didn't wank the 80s cartoon
Jesus, you have like every other modern piece of Turtles media if you wanna see those overrated goons show up

We will never get peak TMNT because they'll never make a Turtles show aimed at adults, especially not with Nickelodeon owning the franchise.

More like whoever owned the rights to the Fred Wolf cartoon was asking for a high price to use them. Don't ask me how I know how to make that educated guess.

>LIVE BY THE CODE OF THE MARTIAL ARTS
>NEVER FIGHT UNLESS..SOMEONE ELSE STARTS
Are they actually ninjas?

They’re “ninja” in the same way that Luffy’s crew are “pirates.” Real ninja were just common murderers or infiltrators from other families
But then again IIRC the Yoshi in 2003 wasn’t even really a ninja, he was some sort of galactic policeman who just happens to know martial arts. Since Splinter learned from him and taught the Turtles I guess it all makes sense.

Uh, no. Copyright wasn't an issue, Mirage did not retain the rights to the Fred Wolf cartoon itself but they did gain the rights to the characters, as demonstrated by Paramount's ability to use them despite not owning the show either. The reason Bebop and Rocksteady aren't in this show essentially amount to three basic factors.

1. The show tried to use as many stories from the original comics as possible, none of which featured Bebop and Rocksteady.
2. When the show wasn't adapting comic book stories it was trying to make entirely new material, which obviously means excluding Bebop and Rocksteady, given that they were previously established characters foreign to the comics.
3. Peter Laird did not like the Fred Wolf cartoon and it lead the franchise on a path he disapproved of, thus the show was more or less designed to correct the course of the franchise.

Basically, Bebop and Rocksteady would have been an unnecessary and disruptive element if included. It wouldn't make sense to include them.

Attached: shredder vs leo peter laird color.png (596x747, 447.25K)

YOU KNOW THE TURTLES GOT YOUR BACK

>3. Peter Laird did not like the Fred Wolf cartoon and it lead the franchise on a path he disapproved of, thus the show was more or less designed to correct the course of the franchise.
He was right though. We got cucked out of the second live-action movie being about Utroms and Triceratons because the studio wanted it to be more like the 80s cartoon.

For me, it was Hun and Agent Bishop.

Oh yeah he was absolutely right but... Are you talking about Secret of the Ooze? Because I don't think that 25 million is high enough of a budget to make a movie with space-ships, dinosaur aliens, terminator robots, small brain creatures and the Fugitoid. If you're talking about Out of the Shadows, then yeah, that abomination could have used an entirely different plot.

Attached: Utrom_mirage.jpg (534x514, 95.05K)

I understand why we don't have intros anymore. Because 00s intros were all cringe shit.

I'm talking about Secret of the Ooze yeah. Even in later versions where the plot was closer to the final movie there was still plans to reveal that Not-Stockman was actually an Utrom in a robot body near the end, which they ended up cutting because they thought audiences would get confused and mistake him for Kraang.

I guess the original idea would have been too high budget but still it would have been cool to see instead of bringing back Shredder and making him a joke and giving him a pair of lackeys that were basically not-Bebop and not-Rocksteady as well as not-Baxter Stockman (clearly based on the cartoon version). I don't think Fugitoid was ever gonna be a part of it. Hell, I can't find much source on the Triceraton stuff either, but it there was definitely gonna be Utroms in it. That was the movie's secret of the ooze; that it was made by aliens. In the actual final movie the name is a bit of a non-sequitur.

Also 80s Turtles wank is why outside of the shows the movies never go explore characters outside of "regulars" and OCs. The CGI was mostly just OCs and Karai, and the Bay-produced ones were pure 80s wank, especially the second. I feel like had TMNT II not been turned into the more cartoon-inspired direction and stuck with the comic's roots like the first movie some parts of the franchise like the Utroms would be a bit more mainstream. Instead we have people getting pissed that an Utrom was playable over Krang in TMNT Smash-Up.

The best cartoon intro of all time is from the 00s
youtube.com/watch?v=d1EnW4kn1kg

I stand by my statement.

Add Karai and you will have the list of the shittiest characters of that series.

You're entitled to your wrong opinion

Right back at you.

>no u
wow

Sorry your favorite intro is shit. One day you will learn to cope with it.

You sure are coping with your shit taste

>You're mad it didn't wank the 80s cartoon
It ignored some things that would've been cool through the 2003 lens. It would've been nice to see them tackle Bebop, Rocksteady, the Mutanimals, and a handful of other things. I hardly think that's "it needed to wank the 80s cartoon."

2003 is cancer on TMNT media because now every new incarnation feels the need to shoehorn Karai. I hate this garbage character so much. Not the Mirage version, but the general modern incarnation that's carried over everywhere from 2003.

Nah, the real cancer is the 1987 cartoon. It completely fucked over any public expectation of quality by having standards lower than a rapist of AIDS patients.

2003 is just as awful. The only good-ish TMNT adaptation out there is 1990 movie.

I wish Hun becoming a mutant happened in the show, he kind of lost relevance after a few seasons

the overabundance of mutant animals is exactly one of the problems the 80s cartoon created though. It ended up snowballing into Mutant Town in the IDW comics which is probably one of the dumbest things they've ever done.

Bebop and Rocksteady would have been redundant because Shredder here is far more intimidating and he already has big henchmen like Hun working for him.

youtube.com/watch?v=gzTSH51nOG4

GIVE IT ALL THAT YOU GOT
TAKE YOUR VERY BEST SHOT
HE'LL SEND IT RIGHT BACK AT'CHA FOR SURE!

Attached: 26945477.jpg (700x494, 536.66K)

Attached: 36180817_big_p7.jpg (849x1009, 524.38K)

Kirby and Dedede constantly shifting from 2D to 3D was very distracting

Attached: turtles_in_time__4_by_dan_duncan-d7pxs0w.jpg (659x1000, 700.76K)

I really don't see the appeal of Hun. He's just a big guy with a tattoo.

Attached: Turtles_Forever__Dimentions_EN_by_E_Mann.jpg (1092x1400, 635.01K)

He's a kingpin type, condensing and controlling the street gangs of New York under the banner of the Purple Dragons under the banner of The Shredder.

In the IDW comic Hun is still that, while also being Casey Jones abusive, alcoholic, super juiced up father.

He was an intimidating right hand man of Shredder and he made the Purple Dragons become a more relevant part of the Turtles world instead of minor villains who appeared in one issue and never again. He also has ties to Casey's backstory.

>The best cartoon intro of all time is from the 00s
Yeah, but it's not the intro you posted.
youtu.be/mGLyvbG6ZBc

Attached: tumblr_o5gysemJnk1tcxkqzo1_1280.jpg (970x1500, 617.27K)

Attached: tumblr_orxnz0E0E71qg49d5o1_1280.png (792x1224, 640.91K)

Attached: tumblr_8312c89f07b89a3bcae6c601d0001fbd_80fa1fae_2048.png (1932x1087, 1.1M)

>He was an intimidating
No. He was just a boring goon who may as well have been nameless.

So in other words he was a starter villain of the week that they kept around far past his usefulness or relevancy.

So who's your favorite Turtle and does it depend on the version you're watching/reading?

Attached: teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_by_danielmchavez-dbvmic3.png (1044x1381, 980.27K)

Why the French such fucking weebs?

Attached: nostalgia_challenge_day1_by_gazzycakes-d5xradr.png (1800x1200, 1.4M)

So like Bebop and Rocksteady then?

No
I am forever and always a Donnie guy

Ahem
Tatsu > Hun = Bebop and Rocksteady > shit > Tokka and Rahzar >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Karai