The biggest proof that popularity doesn't equal quality

The biggest proof that popularity doesn't equal quality.

Attached: 1648642214846.jpg (540x810, 195.49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/C22_LcSFIsI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You're so unique and cool user.

Yeah this movie is kino and super unpopular on Yea Forums you are right user

Go back

Sad your opinion isn't fact, huh?

You're a fucking obsessed faggot. Jesus christ you people a pathetic. Kill yourself.

These movies aren't well written from a basic writing standpoint. So it is factual.

Attached: 1648480802344.jpg (901x893, 61.65K)

>WHY ISN'T EVERYONE CLAPPING WHEN I HATE POPULAR THING???
>YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO CLAP AND LAUGH AT CAPESHITTERS WITH ME
>THIS IS NOTHING LIKE ARRMOVIESCIRCLEJERKOFF

Based on who's assessment?

Based on basic writing rules and narrative assessment.

>Dude trust me
try again

>No counter
Cope

Prove it.

>t. redditor

The burden of proof is on the accuser, kid. So far all I've seen is whining. If that's all you have, you can move along.

Says the whiner.

>Whedonisms
>Characters are just there just to be there randomly
>Horribly rushed plots
>Prioritizing action sequences and explosions over dialogue and character development.

I think Infinity War was a bit stronger.

Attached: Avengers 3.jpg (1200x675, 297.36K)

Iron Man 1 was the peak of MCU, then it went to shit and become too lazy with cgi, action, and writing.

End game was so boring, solution >le time travel

fuck me and fuck this 10 year build up.

>no u
Try again
Define Whedonisim
Which characters are there to be there randomly?
Proof of rushed plot?
This last one is just subjective.

>Define Whedonisim
Characters making shitty forced in jokes in inappropriate situations.

You were so close, the correct answer is Joss Whedon's writing philosophy of, and I quote "Break the audiences hearts, make them sad, then tell a joke."
Which can work sparingly but undermines dramatic scenes when done every time.
If you want to take down a giant you have to hit in it's weak points. Spraying wildly and hoping for the best will not serve you.

And in this absolutely empty gesture you offer, the flaw remains in the argument when it applies to a screenwriter’s ability to remain consistent in a character and tone without floundering with cheap tricks and piss poor understanding of dramatics. Yes we can laugh in the face horrible things and do so all the time, the problem here is that is all there is in moments where character is revealed. Not through action, no that would be heroic. No, what is chosen in these child’s entertainments are the glib words of a coward afraid of emotional catharsis that anybody with a fucking beating heart misses when the opportunity is sullied. And routinely it is sullied here. Whatever spirit you claim exists in this husk of a “film” or its cretinous brethren has long since left. All that remains is a fortune cookie’s worth of attention to the fucking job.

I claim no such thing. I only point out that the work is of quality. It is not a quality you find value in, in the same way you might scoff at a gourmet hamburger, but still, the effectiveness of its chosen craft is indisputable.
They have perfected the Summer Action Blockbuster, this is factual.

In which movie do they establish Wanda's and Vision romance? I did not watch most of the marvel movies, desu.

>the effectiveness of its chosen craft is indisputable
By what metric?

It began in Civil War and was made official in Infinity War

Based on the metric of money. The movies put buts in seats and thus they have achieved what they set out to accomplish.

Popularity and money has nothing to do with quality. You even just proved it with your McDonald's analogy.

It's pretty quality though

But here in lies where your argument falls flat. You claim that they lack quality, but Quality is the standard of something as measured against other things of a similar kind. Thus comparing the MCU to a movie like The Godfather, is foolishness, it must be compared to movies like Diehard and Fast n Furious, IE other Summer Blockbuster Action Movies.

Just because you dislike it doesn't make it objectively bad
Not a measure of quality and they all had reasons to be there anyways
Not true
Not a thing that has anything to do with anything

And compared to even those actions movies, they get completely shat on in terms of cinematography, effects, acting, camera work, etc etc. These movies are some of the worst CGI schlock garbage that cinema has ever seen. They are the lowest of the low.

>Just because you dislike it doesn't make it objectively bad
It's objectively bad storytelling to undercut serious moments with quips and humor. Tones are to be respected.

And just because there are different genres doesn't mean that the rules of storytelling and basic cinematography don't apply. Something which marvel fails at.

And yet, it functions as intended. Do you disparage the wrench that turns the nut simply for its garishness?
Like it or not, these movies do what they set out to do. They function as intended and do it well. They are of quality, just not of one you like.

The biggest indication popularity doesn't equal quality is the massive line of men outside your mom's bedroom every night

Attached: grinning convertible girl.png (1275x707, 761.87K)

>They are of quality, just not of one you like.
No, they are objectively of terrible quality. I even compared them to other action movies like you said. You're not even attempting to refute the argument because you know I'm right and are now just talking out your ass just to argue something you don't even believe.

OP is faggot who thinks hating popular things makes him special.

Endgame is unironically better than almost any mainstream genre movie stuff and even most le classic movies people pretend to like but probably haven't even watched. Show me any other movie, or hell, piece of fictional in general, to succeed in getting as widespread emotional reactions as the big moments during the finale in this movie without going for some cheeky technicality like the Bible or something.

>Being popular is what makes it good
Only on Yea Forums

Civil War and Endgame are my two favorite CBMs. They're two of my favorite blockbusters, they hit that same cadence as Superman 76 and OG Star Wars. They're two of the only MCU movies that feel like classic Avengers comics, and if you fucking retards actually read and understood these stories, and appreciated both film and comic books, you'd be able to talk about these films normally without autistic

>anyone who doesn't like the mcu is just a hater dcfag hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrdurrrrrrrrr i watch 2 movies a year

OR equally autistic

>im a goy and marvel movies slightly rub me the wrong way sometimes, i wish the generic blockbusters i have fanfic'd in my head were getting made instead so i'm going to blow up every criticism and say marvel is literally LE RUINING kinema

Then you wonder why audiences are treated like braindead goyim cattle. You are.

Attached: 389798-Alan-Moore-Quote-It-is-not-the-job-of-artists-to-give-the-audience.jpg (3840x2160, 824.18K)

That’s what it’s designed to do. It’s recycled factory endorphins for NPCs to get excited over explosions and fortnite jokes.

>cinematography
I love to see twittertards throwing this word around. Come on at least give examples

Not that user but let's just go by how fucking retarded the Alternate Universe Jumping is and how inefficiently the Avengers use it.

Why didn't they just use the pym particles to travel back to Titan and assist the avengers with defeating Thanos there? Especially when the only reason they lost was because of Star Lord. Bring War Machine to knock Quill's ass out and have Thor cut Thanos's arms off for good measure. They'd have 5 of the six stones right there and could use the space stone to teleport to that universe's Wakanda to assist defeating Thanos's forces and just wait out the removal of Vision's mind stone. With all of the stones in hand they could return to their original dimension undo the snap while utilizing the original infinity gauntlet which would leave the Hulk with little damage, ensure that they only mess with one other timeline (by which I mean save), and most importantly conserve the amount of pym particles they used. Seriously it's almost amazing how fucking stupid the Avengers were for not going with this plan.

>HUR DUR THEY CAN'T MESS WITH OTHER UNIVERSES!
Aw yes because they totally didn't do that by letting Loki get away with the time stone when they traveled to NYC

"NPC" really is just the modern Sheeple or original use of Woke isn't it

Attached: BLOW ME AWAY.gif (599x334, 1.91M)

No, dumbass, that's what Bayformers is designed to do. The MCU, Indiana Jones, blockbusters like that are like another blockbuster species, designed to be crowd-pleasers that joe and jim six pack can enjoy the explosions, and ms frizzle the english teacher can feel smart for laughing at the sass and understanding the blatant, surface-level themes like in AoU with the biblical shit. Blatant normie shit like Fast and Furious and Bayformers can ONLY be enjoyed by turning your brain off. MCU you can get autistic over and there's actually SOME substance most of the time

Get over the fucking fortnite joke and look at some of the other jokes in the film, the screenplay can be quite clever and as someone who loves Marvel Comics, comics in general, and film, I agree with every character choice they made in the Russo films

The only marvel movie I’ve seen since Infinity war is No Way Home (and I only did that because my friend was excited to see it and bought me a ticket) so believe me when I tell you that maintaining a hateboner over capeshit is a futile exercise. You don’t like it, you know you won’t like it, you have no reason or obligation to see it or financially support it.
Just ignore it, pretend it isn’t there, don’t respond to people who want you to engage with it. Embrace shit you like, support that, spread it around. Fuck’s sake my total disinterest in modern geek culture and cinema has forced me to delve into media from the 00’s, 90’s and 80’s and I’ve found so much joy in shit I would’ve never even discovered if I obsessed over modern day bullshit.
Reccomendations btw
> Anime : Escaflowne, Casshern Sins, RahXephon, Golgo13
> Tv : Farscape, Max Headroom, Hell on Wheels, Attitude Era WWE
> Cartoons : Beast Wars, Godzilla TAS , Duckman

Attached: Careless_Whisper_TradingCard.jpg (1080x1920, 371.67K)

Nta, I actually really enjoy the MCU movies including endgame, but the recent bond movies make them look like shit (despite being worse movies IMO).

Attached: 66c058e245af0f99130f088a7f69defd.png (960x960, 1.08M)

There used to be a time when preferring Infinity War was the unpopular opinion. Wonder if that's changed.

>This mountain of seething
Lol

Correct but any of those stills could easily be from an MCU flick, this image proves nothing

They are kind of a package deal

They didn't deliberately let Loki get away though. In fact as far as I recall they had zero knowledge that they let Loki escape with the stone

>In fact as far as I recall they had zero knowledge that they let Loki escape with the stone
He literally escaped right in front of them
youtu.be/C22_LcSFIsI

No. MCU is for retards.

It's for normies and comic nerds

That actually got you upset?

Endgame is popular though

Coping