Paraplegic Gwenom au

What kinds of story arcs would Marvel have made in a timeline where Spider-Man missed and Gwen because the symbiote’s primary host?

Attached: 00C8EB6F-0CA1-436D-8AF9-0E7B15162E29.jpg (662x1024, 412.95K)

From previous threads
>someone at Marvel decides that Gwen Stacy shouldn’t be killed off last second so the comic’s ending is rewritten to have Spidey miss resulting in her hitting her spine and getting paralyzed from the waist down instead
>comic writers don’t really know what to do with Gwen after that beyond more Peter guilt so they forget about her for a while to focus on different love interests
>after her long disappearance, Gwen is reintroduced as a twist villain during Venom’s original debut when it’s revealed that she’s the true identity of the muscular and monstrous venom, though her costume slims down a lot after this
>marvel spends a couple years using Gwen as a vengeance fueled crazy ex villain but isn’t really sure what to do with her beyond some drama about the symbiote being the only thing that lets her walk
>eventually Spider-Man TAS comes out and portrays Gwen’s paralysis coming from a more kid friendly incident (poison gas, lasers, electricity, you get the idea) and changes Gwen to be more of a Punisher type Anti-hero seeking a more permanent end to the villains before they can hurt anyone the way she was hurt
>she’s later portrayed as a more extreme freedom fighter in Spider-Man unlimited, going so far as to blow up government buildings on Counter Earth and lead a small symbiote resistance
>Sam Raimi takes heavily from the animated series interpretation of her

Attached: D78CB9E0-A364-4536-8746-B599BE7A5D19.jpg (982x1958, 794.86K)

I think it’s cool

>Gween and Venom
The 2 most overused Marvel characters fused into one so both can be even more overused at the same time?

True but I thought it could be fun and I had fun brainstorming and writing before. Just hope the others get here soon

So do you think in this alternate History, would Gwen be a popular character still or no? Just asking because I think yes

I liked that idea about her shifting appearance from OP's picture to a more monstrous thing depending on how mad and unhinged she is at the moment.
And that idea of her being the one she discovers Otto hijacked Peter's body.

Yeah I honestly really liked that too. I especially thought it would be cool if she looked kinda like a snake in a way or moved in a way reminiscent of rubber hose animation

Probably even more. Venom was popular as fuck in the 80s and 90s. Gwenom could be around the same levels, considering she's a very tragic villain and those sell like pancakes.

>Gwen wakes up after the Goblin battle, only to realize she can't feel anything below her neck
>Peter unmasks in front of her
>Gwen goes apeshit, blaming him for breaking her neck
>Peter tries to make amends with Gwen, visiting her for weeks and trying to reassure her he will be at her side no matter what happens
>Gwen eventually drives him away, calling him a monster and saying her dad would be alive and she'd still be healthy if they had never met
>Peter leaves, heartbroken
>Stops being Spider-Man for sometime out of guilt, and while this happens, Mary Jane shows up and sticks to him
>They become a couple and their relationship goes as expected
>Meanwhile, Gwen and Jameson drive a smearing campaign against Spider-Man, although Gwen never mentions she knows his identity
>She still has some feelings for Peter, so she never goes to the extent of exposing him because she knows that would get him killed
>Time goes by, Secret War happens, the marriage happens, lots of things happen and Pete gets rid of the black suit
>The symbiote jumps from host to host, making its' way to Gwen Stacy
>It knows about Gwen and Peter, and It knows that if there's a way to hurt him, that's using Gwen's own scorn as a vehicle to get a stronger host
>They bond, and Gwen's already spite-consumed mind is driven to complete hatred of Peter Parker
>And she sets her sights on hurting him at all possible levels
>Several women in Peter's life get attacked by a mysterious aggressor
>The Black Cat, Silver Sable, etc., they all get sent to the hospital by some unseen attacker
>Then Peter realizes MJ is next
>And shit goes off rails when they fight and Venom reveals Gwen's grinning face

Attached: spider-gwen-10-cosas-que-los-fans-deben-saber-sobre-gwenom.jpg (1400x700, 174.82K)

>This goes for some weeks, with Gwenom messing with Peter in the most assholish ways while also keeping him on edge, because she might attack MJ at any moment
>Peter faces the dilemma of having to hurt his first love to protect his wife
>He considers several ideas: Asking the FF to keep MJ safe in a saferoom at the Baxter building, asking the Avengers for help to contain Gwenom, etc
>He comes with a plan
>Next time they fight, he manages to separate them by luring Gwenom into a music store and blasting the symbiote with heavy metal at full volume from all the loudspeakers and assorted sound devices
>Gwen's body flops to the ground like a bag of potatoes, while Peter locks the symbiote inside a container given to him by Mr. Fantastic
>Gwen breaks down, crying and screaming because she's a cripple again
>Peter goes away feeling awful, leaving Gwen to the police
>Gwen is sent to Ravencroft, while Peter gives the container to the FF so they can properly get rid of it or something

Attached: Gwenom.jpg (500x679, 40.23K)

ok, but where is spiderman's best friend while this is going on?

Attached: 6KKTOJNROJHQNIZ5PJJVO37MCU.jpg (1200x1200, 102.68K)

Alternate 80s, boyo.
Dudepeel wasn't around then.

Gwen is far from overused. Venom? Arguable. Try Wolverine.

Was he? When was Deadpool created?

So apparently Deadpool was created in 1991 so he wouldn’t know Spider-Man yet

How does Carnage come to be in here?
Considering there's probably no way Gwen could have been left near Kassady while locked in Ravencroft.
Is this timeline's Carnage another woman?

this reminds me, wasn't there some sort of teaser for a Gwen multiverse comic event?

Yeah, started some weeks ago.
Pretty meh.

I’d imagine it was similar to let there be Carnage where Gwen as assaulted by Kassady after he escapes from his cell while being moved because he things he’s defenseless
She defends herself with a bit of Venom and he manages to bite her and eat a small portion of the symbiote

Honestly my biggest fear for this timeline is that Gwen could fall for Harley Quinn syndrome and could be interpreted by many as a girlboss hunter of abusers especially after SMTAS. Not that there’s anything wrong with that character type, just people tend to take it a bit far

That's why instead of le quirky random grrrl power, you make Gwenom into a Punisher-like figure. She doesn't hurt abusers. She obliterates bad people.
She'd scare people like the Shocker, White Rabbit or Boomerang because she knows they're more of a nuisance than threats. But she'd definitely try to kill the goblins, Kingpin, Kraven or Otto because those are the dangerous ones.

Yeah most likely. Even so I could definitely see more than a few writers using her character as a way to take their anger out on past boyfriends, bosses, corrupt officials, etc by having issues where Gwen hunts down a thinly veiled parody of said person
There would probably also be numerous Peter x Gwen shippers still in this timeline, considering Venom to be his true love beyond MJ and Felicia

Oh, God.
I had a sick mental image of Gail Simone writing veeeery edgy shit with Gwenom in the mid 00s to do a full reverse turn on her women on refrigerators thing.

>There would probably also be numerous Peter x Gwen shippers still in this timeline, considering Venom to be his true love beyond MJ and Felicia
OMD happens.
It retcons Peter to having married Gwen instead of MJ.

1991 in The New Mutants. It's a long time before Deadpool interacts with Spider-Man.

Attached: Screenshot_20220305-024231.png (1440x2036, 285.17K)

>Gwenverse is GwenGoblin, Gwenom and Superior Spider-Gwen

>Spider-Gwen is written as more of a swap between Peter and Gwen
>Gwen ends up retaining her original cheery outlook while Peter ends up in the chair with Aunt May dying instead
>Peter becomes Venom instead of the lizard and goes full emo, becoming both Gwen’s enemy and edgy defender from the shadows
>hundreds of horny teen fangirls lose it over the alternate bad boy Venom

One of the ideas in the earlier threads is that Gwenom leans more towards Scourge of the Underworld/Foolkiller than Punisher. She's got a much lower threshold for targeting people, a much higher propensity for killing and mutilating, and tends to publicly stage her victims. She'd be a legit cannibalistic monster at her worst and a sadistic psycho at her best. She's not just doing this to spite Peter, but also out of rage at her victimization and the death of her father at the hands of regular criminals. There was also the idea that she avoids taking on supervillains because she's genuinely afraid of them, both as a result of her trauma by the Green Goblin and because she tried to go Lethal Protector against Shocker and nearly got the symbiote killed.

Gotta be honest, I only scroll those threads to see art of Gwenom.

Oh, yeah.
I see Gwen threatening Peter that she will end him if he ever dares to get between her and a target. And of course, this happens a few times over the years.
This opens a whole dilemma for Pete, because his morals conflict with the idea of letting Gwenom kill people here and there; but at the same time he knows that losing the symbiote would probably break Gwen for good.

If Gwen is going after people in his life who are innocent then I think ultimately he would have zero issue stripping Gwen of the symbiote. I think that could actually be a defining moment for Gwen from where she begins transitioning away from psychotic stalker because while Peter has an endless capacity for personal guilt, he has no tolerance for psychopaths who target his loved ones.

>Gwen reveals herself before her final attack on Peter and MJ thinking it will break him
>instead he goes full Back in Black on her
>the fight ends with Gwen crying and screaming as she drags herself along the ground begging Peter to give her back the symbiote after he removes it from her
>he walks out without a single word
>the moment he's alone afterwards he immediately breaks down

Honestly this is part of why I feel like Marvel would limit Gwen to just being paraplegic instead paralyzed below the neck
They would probably want Peter to be able to sometimes take away the symbiote without being too cruel, so they’d give her at least the ability to somewhat function on her own. Though I’m now wondering what ultimate Gwen would be like

Ultimate version of this Gwen is the symbiote after Peter rejected it.

So… Venom literally became a cute girl after Peter rejected it in hopes of getting together with him again?
Does this mean Ultimate Gwen’s appearance, fashion sense, and personality were literally created from Venom’s mind scabs of Peter and based on his absolute ideal girlfriend?

...Go on.

Attached: 193-1930998_gwendolyne-stacy-earth-1610-from-ultimate-comics-geek.jpg (820x613, 153.17K)

Yes. In an attempt to force Peter to remain with it, the symbiote turned into Peter's ideal smoking hot, girl next door fantasy.

>that one arc where the symbiote now calling itself Gwen decides that the only way to truly be with Peter is to bond with Mary Jane so that he can forever be with the two people who love him most

Nice digits

Huh? I’m confused

>Is this timeline's Carnage another woman?

If it was up to me

Feels like an easy past relationships can bring baggage to future ones moral

Attached: symbiote-spider-man-1-marvel-first-carnage-queen-jay-anacleto-exclusive-virgin-varia-53502-pekm693x1033ekm.png (600x894, 399.76K)

This universe could have an abundance of crazy evil exes.
>Gwenom
>MJ Carnage
>Goblin Carlie Cooper
>Evil post-Superior Felicia

Are there any new Peter love interests we could do a Scott Pilgrim parody with?

Well, not precisely exes but you could probably add Silver Sable and the Queen to the equation. Mayyybe Captain Marvel, considering they dated for a few times.

I feel like Betty or Liz would be a better goblin since Peter treated them pretty horribly

Carlie was transformed into a Goblin during Superior. But maybe Betty is the Hobgoblin in this timeline?

Chat, Mockingbird and Silk could be added easily

Carlie is a later addition then Betty or Liz so am not sure if works

The problem is that having a bunch of psycho ex-girlfriend villains is you dilute the concept.

While the idea is neat, as pointed out, it might dilute the concept of Gwenom as a crazy ex. Unless the whole thing was built amazingly.

Attached: EvilExes.png (800x600, 710.89K)

True

Could work for a comedy though

An actual BITCHES love Spider-Man.

Attached: Elizabeth Brant Spider-Island.png (159x376, 83.18K)

At the end he swears off women and ends up with Johnny Storm

Just as God intended

It'd work as a comedy built from the ground up, but you'd still need to keep it brief since pretty much everyone has the same motivation.

If its a comedic version, then add other female villains like Liv, the second Electro, Scorpia, etc.

That’s true. Though how this Gwen feels about Silk is another can of worms entirely

Attached: FCE52793-A470-4D37-9471-C193A6254030.jpg (700x1082, 147.92K)

Attached: 10CCEA61-EA1C-4C55-9C19-03E27F3DA70A.jpg (411x581, 83.26K)

Bumb

So I'm imagining that this Gwenom only rarely looks like these pics and spends more time as a hulking monster. Not necessarily looking like normal Venom either, she's got the bulk but her mental issues manifest in asymmetrical and kind of haphazard features.