How do you feel about Moon Knight's suit being some henshin shit on the show?

How do you feel about Moon Knight's suit being some henshin shit on the show?

Attached: fotonoticia_20220329184141_1200[1].jpg (1200x750, 140.67K)

>Why isn't Moon Knight taking 15 minutes to suit up in the alley way 2hen demons and thugs are shooting the place up now.

it's cool

although it does make him very reminiscent of Venom

It just kind of works idk why. Before the show I was pissed off when I saw it but it really suits the character in live action. I hope it opens the door for a complete schizo Moon Knight down the road putting on some shoddily stitched up costume shouting at Khonshu as he squeezes into some white pants imagining he is suiting up like the show

Attached: snyefsp0sbe31.jpg (1029x1010, 344.95K)

It’s kind of a literal take on “The Blessing of Khonshu” which I oddly don’t mind. Marc has risen from the dead, granted good luck, punched ghosts, so while different it’s not totally off base either. And he still has moonrangs, so that’s good. Only thing missing is the mooncopter

I could live with it if it didn't look like shit.

So is there a third persona? It wasn't Mark and Steven who killed those guys? Who was it then?

For the purposes of live action if there's one thing American capeshit should adopt from Japan it's the transformation into their hero form, or some equivalent to it

Attached: 1400807014102.webm (720x480, 2.18M)

Is it nitpicking that I don't like the show's version on Mr. Knight suit because they didn't use a plain, solid white suit but a cream, texturized version of the suit?

Attached: download (3).jpg (300x168, 11.96K)

Is it cream? I was thinking it was just the lighting. The regular suit looks about the same color under that lighting too. I want to see the Mr Knight suit clearly.

Looks fine to me

It’s Jake

Not sure if it actually is cream or whatever you call that color, but I just think is not white enough, it should be something that stands out, that you can see from a mile away.

While I understand and kinda see the appeal of that... I feel like it wouldn't work in video. I kinda like the off white colors of the suits. They look well worn.

It stands out enough to me, it's not that dull lol. It took a few runs for Moon Knight to go from silver to white to the Ellis white which you posted which was extremely stylised to the point of being devoid of colour so it was the same white of the page. They already stopped doing that and he has a glow effect now.
If the show was more stylised I could go for that and it would be kino but I don't think it works for the origin story for some reason.

Attached: tumblr_piijwwRvw91sfawn5o1_1280.jpg (1121x1920, 878.05K)

I don't really like convenient shit in fiction. I'm already willing to suspend my disbelief that one person can one hit knock out 13+ guys and never trips at a key moment and can always just make the jump from one fast moving object to another, it's fiction. They're already working at some bullshit level that is easy to just roll with. In the show, Mark is already doing unrealistic shit without the suit. And so when you give them the suit as a easily equipped out of nowhere..."thing". It's like what the fuck do they have to do? it's this in the pocket airbag or get out of jail free card that makes the "struggle" less interesting.

I also didn't like Black Panther's nano tech suit or Ironmans or Peter Quills helmet. It always seems more like from a writing perspective I don't want to have to explain where they keep it, or a directing perspective I don't want to show them running off to change or having to carry shit with them so let's make it appear and disappear at will. EASY

I liked Ironman 2's briefcase emergency suit. I didn't mind the suit having to fly in from somewhere on auto pilot in later movies. Personally, just don't feel the "out of nowhere" suits.

You're looking at the B tile and thinking it's the A tile. That's a white suit, user. You're just getting worked up about how it looks in environmental context and lighting.

Attached: de18b1873e50b65c98c0352c7be8514d--the-dress-shades[1].jpg (736x569, 21.38K)

I’m not bothered by it because Marc’s original suit was the cloak he took from the temple, so some weird ceremonial outfit coming from thin air is fine me

Its fine, and it also being contextualized as a healing suit makes sense given that Konshu still just wants Marc to be violent all the time.

As long as the seam in the Mr Knight mask goes away at some point, it'll be great. Then its either indicative of Stevens inexperience, ala Deadpools little loose headflop, or its that he's still split and it'll go away once they acknowledge Jake

Yeah that’s the vibe I got from the seam. Jake may have created the suit in the first place, and Steven accidentally uses it. I do hope it gets removed later, really brings down a 10/10 design

>Jake may have created the suit in the first place
I think its definitely Stevens suit, Jake is being built up as this ultraviolent but doesn't want to do anything with Konshu type guy. Wouldn't surprise me if he's deliberately hiding because Konshu would want him as the primary over Marc

So who is the original owner of the body? Mark? Steven?

Marc.

Pic related

Attached: 1649842115629.jpg (2048x1536, 217.16K)

It's not a contextual thing that bothers me, like I need a reason for the suit to do it. It's the fact that the suit does that at all that bothers me. You could give the suit all kinds of mystical properties that he has access to when he puts it on but that its always there I feel robs the story of potential interesting moments because there is an easy fix always available. At that point They might as well just have powers themselves with or without the suit.

In any case I want Jake to take over the persona since the field isn’t suited for Steven
It’s Marc

I mean he does have the powers. The suit is just like turned on. They even implied that Konshu is giving him healing as it is already. That's why he can take damage and still keep going without going full suit.

Time doesn't exist in comics. The space between panels can be less than a second or a day or a hundred years. How long people have time to do shit in comics in inherently very flimsy.

Time is a resource in film, every second counts and will be counted by the audience. Anything that saves time on actions that ultimately don't matter is a benefit.

Then what does the suit being there provide other than a writing convenience for a change into the costume? Where to me it would be more interesting all around, when Marc needs to hide his identity or have access to these abilities had to put on the suit.

Is that not what I'm saying? It doesn't do in my opinion anything positive for the story, it just makes things convenient for the film makers.

It's pretty white in the scene when he gets stabbed with all the spears. I think it's just the lighting.

I mean I'm only speculating, but it's probably just a full power power up along with like bulletproof and extra hyper instant healing. But I really think that Marc already has above human powers without the suit fully on. It's just he already stands out when he's in the suit. He looked like a freak in the second episode walking around town in it.

>Only thing missing is the mooncopter
Steven is just some random poorfag in the show, not a billionaire who can fund a Batman style arsenal.

Very clearly Jake

>I mean I'm only speculating, but it's probably just a full power power up along with like bulletproof and extra hyper instant healing

I don't know about bulletproof those spears were fucking him up last episode.

I mean spears have a lot more weight. He literally uses his cloak for blocking bullets for his wife. Hand guns did nothing. Spears even didn't do much more than hold him down for awhile.

Not a good take. It's better when he has very vague superpowers under a full moon that may or may not be his schizo delusions.

It's the color of mummy wrappings. Even if they went' with the color of the moon, it still wouldn't be pure white.

For now. Marc has cash lying around, and I’m sure he has ways to make money. Hell theoretically Marc could endlessly crank out golden moonrangs, melt them down, and sell them. But I’m sure Khonshu knows of a treasure tomb too

>Marc has cash lying around
Speaking of, when he was in the storage locker, the bag had tons of cash. When the police and Layla looked in it, poof, cash gone.

I think it works because it has (probably) just been taken away. Mark and Steven struggled to work together with it and now will probably have to work together just to get by without it, also it's just a nice visual indicator of who is in control. When a god can possess your body it kind of just makes sense.
The show isn't about a regular guy having to find a phonebooth to hide in so he can change

Looks like shit like the rest, big surprise there.

I kind of dig it. Always loved the schizo's entire physical appearance changes when he changes personality gimmick.

Be fucking cool if he doesn't suit up but thinks he did

Jake, who probably also asked that lady out to the steakhouse in episode one.

Attached: 97B9E06A-712D-45D0-A7A2-0951CD6275FE.jpg (680x340, 30.92K)

meh, but now that Khonshu is stuck in a rock and no longer empowering Marc/Steven its now Jake's turn to go full RIP AND TEAR without it

I thought this was what it was at first.

This, I'm down for more scenes that put Marc in Stevens shoes, where he's being surrounded without the suit, blacks out, and wakes up to everyone around him dead
"Is this what it was like for you?"

>in the middle of a cool action scene
>black out
>come to in the middle of putting tags on museum toys

It's surprising, honestly. But I kind of like it for the spin this show is going with on Moon Knight. It's much less street-level than a lot of the stuff he does in the comics, leaning much harder into the Egyptian supernatural, which helps to differentiate it from the existing MCU characters, helps it feel like it's in its own niche. Harrow can do overt death magic and summoning, and Moon Knight needs a bit of a power boost to match.

I think The Midnight Mission happening right now in the McKay run is setup for future Moon Knight MCU projects. If we get season 2, it becomes monster of the week. If a film, then maybe supernatural city in danger level

i don't get y'all niggas saying this is jake

I haven't read the McKay run, is it good?

I really dig it personally. Marc usually has consistent runs, and this has several great moments. Indifferent about the main antagonist, and it’s weird seeing Marc without Khonshu, but I’d pick it up

s'aight
fun to read with other anons

He’s the only personality that hasn’t shown up, and neither Steven or Marc are doing certain things, like the death and asking out the lady to the steakhouse in episode one. He’s also originally a taxi driver, so maybe they riffed off that and had him be the RIP AND TEAR UNTIL IT IS DONE alter.

Attached: 8C8B43AA-F190-447E-9D62-C371A5B7FAD2.jpg (1366x1083, 505.39K)

>How do you feel about Moon Knight's suit being some henshin shit on the show?
It just works

It's stuck a bit doing cleanup from the shit with Khonshu and Marc from Aaron's Avengers and the last few events but it's a pretty solid run and McKay seems to have a real affinity for writing B-listers and understanding what makes them popular

It's ok....

Part of me likes them going full supernatural with him since it makes him something other than just "white Batman," Part of me wishes they, instead of making it actually supernatural, went with the "is it real or just in his head" angle.

Attached: 1623233266849.jpg (1280x1658, 255.63K)

The is it real or not angle would have worked if it was a 9 episode series instead of 6. There's just not enough time otherwise

I think he should fucking use it and not pad out time being a wimp until the last 5 minutes

Can Marc summon the suit during the day? He hasn’t been shown to do that yet

Now that it is real they can go down that angle in the next season, I feel like it would collapse under it's own weight if you introduce too much. The in his head stuff only works if there are already some expectations that it's not in his head