Dreamer Makes Her DC Universe Debut

Jay Nakamura and Lois Lane aren’t the only journalists in Metropolis.

After making her debut on CW’s Supergirl, actress Nicole Maines is bringing the character of Nia Nal, and her superhero alter-ego Dreamer, to the pages of Superman: Son of Kal-El. Maines will be co-writing Superman: Son of Kal-El #13 with series writer Tom Taylor.

"I'm so excited to work with Nicole Maines to bring Dreamer from the screen to the pages of Superman: Son of Kal-El and to the DC Comics Universe,” said Tom Taylor. “I want to thank all the people at DC who have championed Dreamer and who recognize the importance of this powerful trans superhero in this time."

“Jon Kent and Nia Nal are two characters that have a lot in common, both as superheroes with the weight of the world on their shoulders, and as young people with impossibly big shoes to fill,” said Nicole Maines. “Weaving their stories together for Superman: Son of Kal-El with Tom was a complete pleasure, and there is only a little pun intended when I say that Superman and Dreamer make for a brilliant new Dream-Team.”

Attached: SupermanSOK-013_main_cover.jpg (1054x1600, 560.7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dccomics.com/blog/2022/04/14/dreamer-makes-her-dc-universe-debut
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It’s the dramatic DC Universe debut of Dreamer!When every hero on Earth is threatened by Henry Bendix’s machinations, it’s a race against time for Dreamer to warn Superman before it happens! But will this mysterious new ally’s premonition become a nightmare for Jonathan Kent?

Superman: Son of Kal-El #13 will be available at local comic shops on July 12, 2022. The issue will feature a main cover by Travis Moore and a 1:25 variant cover by Clayton Henry. Making his DC debut is A.L. Kaplan, who created an open variant featuring Dreamer on the back of Jon Kent.

dccomics.com/blog/2022/04/14/dreamer-makes-her-dc-universe-debut

Attached: SupermanSoKE_13_OpenToOrder_Variant_Cover.jpg (1054x1600, 510.34K)

What in the actual fuck is that cover?

literally who?

Characters reactions at seeing her cock

They all look like they're auditioning for American Idol.

what in the odds with those faces?

That definitely sounds like the hack move you would expect from Taylor.

Why does everyone in that page look constipated?

The book's tagline is "Fuck the legion and any fanbase it had left" right?

Trans character.
Ancestor of Dream Girl from Legion of Superheroes.

wtf I follow that artist

>trans
>ancestor of anyone

Attached: Shiggy diggy doo.jpg (250x250, 16.37K)

How? Trannies can’t breed.

>Batwoman doing the "GET OUTTA MY HEAD"
>Martian Manhunters classic Jobber pose
>Wonder Woman's insensitive Chinese impression
>Duke and Batgirl Pogging
>Booster Gold and Blue Beetle look like they don't want to be in the comic
>Sheyara looks happy
>Beast Boy looks like Raven just said she won't breastfeed him

>Trans
>Ancestor
pick one

This reeks of desperation.

The real dreamer is the one who thinks this character will still be around in 2 years

Remember arena? Yeah me either

She has brothers.

But for sake of time I said “ancestor” rather than great great great great….great great grand aunt.

See

Oh my god. Jon and Jay will break up, and Jon will start dating a tranny superhero.

How do you make a "bisexual" even more gay? By having him date a girl who used to be a guy.

It's degenerately brilliant.

Attached: 1634333102929.png (400x300, 127.96K)

Isn't that already done in euphoria?

Attached: 10BBFF48-77C1-4E6F-AC5A-6D86094A02C0.jpg (960x691, 397.08K)

Or busting a nut

She could've froze her sperm.

This is just embarrassing.

The women and the children too?

Attached: Maxresdefault_(1).jpg (1280x720, 39.39K)

>How do you make a "bisexual" even more gay? By having him date a girl who used to be a guy.
either that or polygamy

Is Jon ready for that yet?

Attached: 7D17CA10-9E08-430B-A8AF-3D500B2C6589.jpg (809x1070, 965.7K)

>polygamy
Lagoon Boy already filled that role.

every like 5 issues with this comic there is some shitty gimmick to boost sales. really says how strong the series in when they need to bring in some cw shit character to get a boost from speculators for their first appearance.

DC is such a joke

>Another Jorno
This series really needs a better writer

>s/o/i/b/o/i the cover

That’s Kendra, not shayera.

By who? Rue? Isn't Jules a natural woman?

Fucking lefties make me root for the villain

>Everyone looks like they are orgasming
Who made this cover? Greg Land?

I mean at least she’s post op so it’s one step to making him fucking women again

Honest question: in a setting like DC, does a trans hero actually make sense?

Im not even disparaging trans people, I'm just saying that this is a setting where you can literally, magically change your gender in like a dozen different ways. Zatanna alone basically does it by request, to say nothing of superscience solutions or bodyswapping or that one time there was a sex change virus.

It feels hard to swallow that the 'trans'-ness of the character can meaningfully matter in such a setting. Either people just take it for granted and move on, which robs you of any of the premises potential, or you dwell on it despite the fact that any problem you have can be solved by bumming a favor from one of your hero buddies.

Jules is trans and so is the actress

You think every citizen in the DCU knows magic user?

So clearly sales for Jon as Superman are absolute shit if they are bringing in a mediocre character from a dead tv show

The trans actress has been saying her character would come to the DCU since last June’s Pride special.

I kinda see where you're getting at but if anything the trans community would be even bigger because a trans person can find a wizard or mad scientist to change their sex to match up their gender.
Trans people don't define themselves the struggle of trans but the identity of being trans.

Attached: tumblr_pe2wtjLcyC1s803s6o1_1280.jpg (1280x1509, 478.25K)

No, but someone with Legion connections would likely be able to find a magic user to help them.

>actor

Yeah but I figured as a one shot.

And even those who are aware of magic aren't all for it?

Remember that one time in Zatanna's series where she was nearly assassinated by a puritanical cult?

So Superman: Son of Kal-El is just the LGBTQQIP2SAA book at this point? That’s all it is now.

Jon is no longer allowed to be cool. His book must always be the gay tumblr book now because of his sexuality.

Great. Awesome.

>does a trans hero actually make sense?
bringing real world issues into capeshit never works because in the setting our real world problems are easily fixed. that's why it is better to do analogs to real world issues instead of just cramming them into the setting.

DC is the most cringe company on the planet.

all you need is one magician to set up a tranny clinic and they would make bank swapping their genders

Well Dreamer is not Dream girl, the legion doesn't exist in the present.
Also even if you're going to a wizard for magical sex change operation, it's still a sex change operation.

At least we don’t have to worry about her grooming Jon.

Nope. She had a interview in the Pride special that this was only the beginning

The best thing to happen to Jon is for him to be killed off and retconned out of existence. He has brought nothing good to the DCU.

That sounds ambitious but I've heard of more ambitious projects that just stall out.

you blame the fictional character and not the ass writers?

I thought she was on a date with Braniac 5 in the comics

Chinese superman seems more fun.

This.
Kill Jon Kent. Then bring Superman back to Earth and undo Bendis’s shitty secretly identity reveal. Get Superman back to basics.

Be thankful he is mostly ignored by modern DC Comics.

That's autism for ya.

All it proves is that they identify far more with the trans part and less of the woman part and the reasons for that are very obvious

Different character, this is Dreamer and you're thinking of Dream Girl.
You're also thinking of a separate Legion continuity.

It may be their fault, but there is nothing to fix this. Jon is beyond the point of fixing. The best you can do is kill him off and never repeat the same mistakes.

No I don't think that proves that at all really.

Is the character that popular? She was kinda the worst parts of Supergirl and that’s saying something cause that show sucked ass

>but there is nothing to fix this
Just ignore and say it didn't happen, which is easy because nothing of note has really happened here.

Attached: 1605560933400.jpg (714x888, 114.9K)

That's like saying lesbians don't identify themselves as women when they demand for more representation.

Hmmm. So is this huge push for transgenderism just another scam by the ultra rich for depopulation of the lower classes?