JSA Storytime: Punisher 2099

Good evening owls,

Last time we left off with the Punisher about to get his ass kicked by the Lady Punisher

Attached: Pun2099-021-01.jpg (982x1519, 261.89K)

Best deathstroke costume

I know, right?

Attached: Pun2099-021-02.jpg (943x1432, 475.76K)

Hello, Storyteller.

So yeah. Trails update. Finally at Cold Steel. Got through the first three chapters even, so let's do this.

So here we are. This intro worries me a bit, since there's already way more characters than normal being shoved in my face. But hey, I'm gonna give it a fair shake.

And there's the Haha Man himself, and all his voice acted and 3d friends. It's always a lot when a series makes the jump to 3d, but fortunately things are otherwise the same.

I love this one by one introduction of all the relevant classmates. Once again, Trails is almost proud of how tropey it is, which I always enjoy. Also, Sara is giving me some serious Anko vibes.

Sigh. I know what I just said, but can we not with the 'accidental pervert' thing, please? Oh, we're dragging this shit out, huh? Okay.

Hey, finally, a chest! Let's see what painful jokes they have or this one. ... What. NO CHEST MESSAGES?! 0/10 Fuck this game. Real talk, that's a legitimate bummer.

'Eh-Dee Os'. Hrm. Voice acting is going to fuck with a lot of my assumed pronunciations. Also, seriously game, the bit with Alisa is already old and tired.

"I guess I'll have to use... that!" It keeps happening. Also, Fie has only had like two or three scenes so far, and she is immediately best girl. Though Sara is making a strong case.

So when are Machias and Jusis going to start making out? All of their interactions are dripping with "Oh just fuck already.". Is it just me? Cause I'm still gonna ship them regardless.

We need to talk about how they justify sidequests here. So apparently it's the student council's responsibility to help students with random crap. That is both awesome and stupid.

Oh thank fuck, the bit is finally over. Again, I normally respect Trails for knowing it's cliche, and just being okay with that, but some tropes are harder to make work than others.

Feudal aristocracy is bad. I don't know if that was clear, what with these comically corrupt cops. Gotta give a shout out to my boy Elliot for that classic "how did you know that" trick.

... So this is gonna be a problem. Sorry to say, I now get why Rean gets so much shit. It's immediately obvious that he's intentionally bland compared to the others. I was afraid of this.

Speaking of actually interesting characters, I'm really digging Laura. She's stoic and brusque, but still pretty chill and friendly. Obviously takes the word 'noble' seriously. Cool design too.

Wow. These cops aren't even trying to hide their corruption. Like, yeah, obviously that's part of the theme, but once again Trails villains have the subtlety of a flaming brick.

... HahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Okay, look. If we're going to do this 'knockoff bracers' thing again, why not just have our heroes be bracers? This premise is a bit of a stretch, I dunno.

Wow, this backstory we're getting for Rean is kind of interesting. Shame he's dull as shit. Look, I'm gonna try not to harp on this too much, but you know how I am with main protagonists.

So that's Chapter 1. Enjoying it fine so far, but there's definitely some stuff to get used to. Getting the feeling Falcom was very much trying to reel in the Persona crowd.

Chapter 2. Um... Yes, game, I am aware that Misty the Radio Trista DJ exists. That's twice now you've gone out of your way to show her to me in voiced cutscenes. Guessing she's important.

I don't like bonding points. Forcing me to pick and choose who I can hang out with is really lame. Good thing all the bonding events are on Youtube, cause I ain't missing this shit.

Speaking of, this BE with Sara pretty much confirmed my assumption about her. She's totally a bracer. Interesting that they're actually following up on this plot point from Sky.

Tutoring sidequest. Is Rean like... an idiot? This doesn't come off as humility, he seems genuinely baffled that he's getting paid for his services. That's the most personality he's had so far.

Oh hello. You can swap active and support members during battle. Now we're talking. Also, I'm pretty sure the old schoolhouse thing is just a massive troll by Sara and Towa's group.

Hey, a kitty! ... Oh wait. I think I already kow what's up with the cat, who is obviously sapient anyway. I'm thiking she's, uh, friends with Zeit, as it were.

SO. Just finished the second practical exam. I... I think I'm in love. Sara's the fucking best. I was smiling like an idiot at this unwinnable boss fight. Sensei got out her belt!

Heh! Rufus is such blatant schlick bait. Also, there's a quest called "Addicted to Bath Salts". Yeah. Also, seriously, Machias and Jusis need to just bang already.

Hrm. This Dryad's Tear quest. So aristocracy bad, yes, agreed. But this is going exactly where I think it is regarding Osbourne, isn't it? Oh dear. Also, hi, Bleublanc. You're here.

Hold on, did Fie just say "Ja."? She did. Well, that explains a lot. I was damn curious what her deal is. Seems kinda obvious now, what with the gunblades.

Politics! I love how Jusis actually showed up on his own to try and rescue Machias. I ship these two so hard, and you can't stop me.

The chapter end is a lot. This mysterious girl is goddamn surreal, because she's like a fusion of Renne and Tio. Also, BB. Ouroboros being in the first game is weird.

chest messages were an artifact of some weird coding but there ARE a touch of them in CS2

Rean's issues, which I found surprisingly moving in 2, are going to pop up as you keep going

Attached: Pun2099-021-03.jpg (945x1441, 421.37K)

Chapter 3. Wow, once the game finally revealed more about Alisa, it's like she instantly became more of a character, and a likeable one at that. Speaking of, I like Sharon, she's fun.

Oh what the fresh hell is this scene? It's right after mid-terms, and all the guys are calling Sara undesirable. Apparently the "men" of Class VII have unacceptably shit taste.

I sure hope this Old Schoolhouse subplot(?) goes somewhere because we are doing it yet again. I like mini dungeons, but you only had to the Bottom of the Well once.

I fucking hate Patrick. He's such a little shit. Dude thugs up to us, and has the gall to make demands about the rules of this literal school yard brawl. I like how his toadies are telling him to chill though.

Didn't expect to meet Alisa's mom this early. Irina's character model though. Yowza. And hey, another Vander. Can't recall if this is the same guy from SC.

The Nord Highlands are pretty cool. It's always nice to get a gimpse of other countries. Also, I am getting a kick out of everyone trying to get Thoma and Sharl hooked up. Pretty wholesome.

So apparently, there are people who think Alisa is somehow being petty and bratty in regards to the thing with her mom. These people are insane, and Irina is a goddamn war profiteer.

yes, that's the Vander general from SC

Attached: Pun2099-021-04.jpg (943x1441, 419.42K)

(you're going to get more of a look into the Vander family issues along the way)

Attached: Pun2099-021-05.jpg (945x1441, 453.38K)

Sara's my favorite. Between her and Misato, I have a thing for older alcoholics.

Laura's sword autism is great, and they do a better job translating her unique way of speaking later (she uses a lot of obsolete words only used in samurai movies).

And yes the game does make several acknowledgements that Rufus is the hot one. And I see you're a man of culture for shipping Jusis and Machias, I couldn't wait to finish the game so I could look up fanart without potential spoilers.

Attached: drinking in austin.png (1120x1026, 1.21M)

I get that the Empire and Republic are itching for any excuse, but this is a pretty sloppy frame up job. Also, what are you hiding, Emma?

Gaius. My dude. I don't think there's any priest on the continent who will help you marry your country, but I otherwise support your patriotism. I kinda love this absolute goober.

Millium Orion. Holy shit, that is a name. This girl is somehow the most sci-fi thing in the entire series so far. Oh, she's playable. Cool? Not sure if want.

"You may call me Gideon. But in some circles I am simply known as... G." Pfffffffffft! Trails villains never fail to be totally ridiculous. This aggressively pretentious motherfucker.

Oh. Hi Lecther. Also, I just realized who this C guy probably is. It would explain why the game wants me to care about Crow.

End of Chapter 3. Gotta say, I'm really warming up to Alisa. She might be the standard rich girl tsundere, but it's working. I look forward to when she inevitably takes over the company.

And that's all for now. It's certainly interesting so far. I honestly expected it to be more cringey, I guess? CS' reputation conceals the at that it's rather inoffensive so far.

Attached: Pun2099-021-06.jpg (957x1441, 435.73K)

Attached: Pun2099-021-07.jpg (943x1444, 449.42K)

I do relate to the fear it would be too chuuni. It has moments and it has a clear shift in style from the Kondo directed gamea, but the characters and storytelling are still there and that's what matters most. Also... A lot of the stuff that seems or sounds generic ends up being subverted in interesting ways, which I found extremely impressive.

Did Yea Forums see Hibbs' Bookscan 2021 report? Holy fucking shit.
Marvel had ZERO books in the Top 750 for the year. What is funny is that IDW had a book licensed from them, but nothing from Marvel sold more than 10K copies in the bookstore market.
Their Long Tail:
>2021 5034 items, 15.06% growth Y2Y, $30,480,039 calculated retail value.
DC had their lowest titles ever in the Top 750 with 17, but this was their long-tail:
>2021 3905 items, 3.46% growth, $49,650,333 retail value.
Marvel's best selling item was Infinity Gauntlet with 10,066 copies sold

The Vanders (the two of them we've met so far) seem pretty interesting. All about honor, that lot. Can't wait for Zechs to inevitably turn against the nobles.

I fucking love Sara so much!

Attached: __sara_valestein_eiyuu_densetsu_and_1_more_drawn_by_aono_aonocrotowa__sample-6a40a01dfcfffe750027dffd4e49687b.jpg (850x793, 166.48K)

Hey OP.
SNK is apparently now owned by Mohammed Bin Salman, so I guess the next time a next King of Fighters gets made, the bad guy will be a liberal journalist you have to saw into pieces and dump in multiple locations.

I am totally disconnected from the big two right now, it's kind of sad

90s CYBERVERSE stuff is amazing lol

Attached: Pun2099-021-08.jpg (945x1420, 438.63K)

>"I guess I'll have to use... that!"
Does this at least like, sound COOL in Japanese?

sitting on my hands not to even hint at spoiling, lol ;___;

Attached: Pun2099-021-09.jpg (934x1417, 409.85K)

Attached: Pun2099-021-10.jpg (952x1408, 455.03K)

>can't hit a woman

Didn't he murder that evil skateboarder lady?

This seems like it'll end in sex.

Lavender beer? That sounds disgusting.

Attached: Pun2099-021-11.jpg (952x1423, 460.53K)

It's still Trails after all. I trust this series to be cliche, but in a way that's still satisfying.

>And I see you're a man of culture for shipping Jusis and Machias,
These two are so gay for each each other, and I am extremely here for it.

I genuinely don't know. I have to imagine it has to still sound a bit silly. Because no matter what language, nobody talks like that.

Attached: Pun2099-021-12.jpg (946x1435, 434.1K)

there is a point where *REAN* is all "oh just kiss already" about them

Attached: Pun2099-021-13.jpg (970x1449, 393K)

HA. Remember when Tony was a futurist, and used that to justify fascism.

Bad times.

Attached: Pun2099-021-14.jpg (955x1423, 432.43K)

let's not :(

OH so apparently the Hero Initiative got WML and his wife into a stable living situation

Attached: Pun2099-021-15.jpg (952x1438, 388.43K)

The MCU stuff was so lukewarm for them until Spider-Man, I doubt there was much drive to get Marvel books. And honestly I can't remember anyone talking about a single Marvel thing the whole year.

It does, actually, because in Japanese the verb goes last, and the subject can often be left implied.
One of the most common dramatic tools is pausing before the verb, then showing everyone's shocked expressions after the verb is stated. Hence the classic "The time of Rukia's execution... got changed" gif.

Were they attacking a theme park? What's with the Unga bunga tribesmen in the cyberfuture?

Attached: Pun2099-021-16.jpg (958x1444, 425.87K)

*object, not subject, sorry

>there is a point where *REAN* is all "oh just kiss already" about them
Pffft! Nice.

>OH so apparently the Hero Initiative got WML and his wife into a stable living situation
That is fantastic. Bout damn time some good news happened.

There's a huge disconnect over at collectededitions and these reports. If you follow the former, then Marvel is always having its best year ever and every DC product is trash.
Yet when the numbers come out, quietly continues to perform better than them

Civil War 2 was SHIT. I don't know why everyone got so pissy at Carol, when Tony spends the entire sad affair being such a rancid piece of shit. I mean, I do. We all know why, but as Storyteller said, let's not.

Jake has expanded his sex dungeon!

Attached: Pun2099-021-17.jpg (934x1444, 428.75K)

Attached: Pun2099-021-18.jpg (958x1432, 449.83K)

What the fuck is happening up above.

Attached: Pun2099-021-19.jpg (943x1441, 420.36K)

This is by far the most interesting and compelling storyline in the book so far. I kinda fuckin' love this.

LOL

Attached: Pun2099-021-20.jpg (969x1465, 446.45K)

what?

Attached: Pun2099-021-21.jpg (952x1432, 419.21K)

???

Attached: Pun2099-021-22.jpg (943x1435, 462.39K)

Attached: Pun2099-021-23.jpg (946x1438, 416.09K)

Attached: Pun2099-022-01.jpg (979x1525, 443.72K)

Hi thread!

catching up on comics for the summer events. i feel bad for trade waiting DC's though, the only book i'm getting from them in june is flash.

i am getting like 60ish% of the Marvel Summer event stuff in floppies and it does feel a little dirty.

i keep thinking i'm gonna be caught up with the handful of comics i'm following and then I can read more stuff and it's like nope

Remember how when we read this the first time, somebody with an actual sex dungeon commented?

Attached: Pun2099-022-02.jpg (947x1455, 427.64K)

Things like that are why I love this hellhole even now

Attached: Pun2099-022-03.jpg (951x1450, 465.01K)

ANSWER ME DAMN YOU

Attached: Pun2099-022-04.jpg (937x1444, 476.08K)

Aww, the poor dope thought even for a second that his corporate masters gave a shit about him. Kinda got no one to blame but yourself there, pal.

Anything good?

Attached: Pun2099-022-05.jpg (946x1473, 424.12K)