/hyw/ - How's Your Webcomic? #816

Thread Question: What was a plot point you thought of that was simply too wacky to make sense in the canon of your comic?

>/hyw/ CONTACT SHEET - Make a new one, the one here is worthless and needs updating.

> FONTS
Blambot: blambot.com/
Create your own: calligraphr.com/en/
CC Wild Words: cofonts.com/cc-wild-words-roman-font/

> WEBSITE
Easy to use tumblr webcomic theme: tumblr.com/theme/39018
Dos and Don'ts for starting a site: pastebin.com/raw/kNR2W5mV
Promoting your comic: miss-melee.tumblr.com/post/143483233951/a-guide-to-zero-cost-webcomic-promotion
rarebit.neocities.org

> WHERE TO PUBLISH MY WEBCOMIC?
webtoons.com/en/
tapas.io/
comicfury.com/
theduckwebcomics.com/
mangaido.com/en

> ART AND WRITING RESOURCES
makingcomics.com/
mediafire.com/folder/9pf1nwwa92lbp/Comics_for_making_Comics
archive.org/details/RobertMcKeeStorypdf/
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_1.pdf
.../invisible_ink_part_2.pdf
.../invisible_ink_part_3.pdf
pastebin.com/BSVaT7uQ

> BRUSH PACKS
CSP: mega.nz/#F!5xlV2IzJ!bg8BZB-oYaVrmD31S3fJHw

after dark thread:

Attached: Yes I used this one .png (1080x1080, 349.5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tapas.io/series/Embriobirds/info
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

haha tranny colors

Fucking stop using that goddamn image. Like, seriously. No one fucking likes it.

image is very transsexual color choices.

I can see why people are saying this place is starting to stink...

Shhh, we any Renata to be comfortable

Ugh, not that OP again
>Renataposting
>in the age of Grussy
NGMI

>You will never see pizza sauce dripping from a grussy

Why live?

>still seething about Renata
>when Grussy is clearly the superior meme
Get with the times, cuck

Attached: future-is-now-old-man-future.gif (498x311, 2.65M)

We need to know!

Attached: 1A35F3A8-C7D7-43D9-8E16-0CA71D01D229.jpg (1242x514, 294.33K)

It's confirmed that Pete has Pepperoni Nips.

Attached: mozarella nips.png (1200x1694, 339.96K)

This thread is already worse than the previous.

WE WANT
WE WANT
GRUSSY!

Attached: 자몽-grape.gif (220x220, 1.25M)

Fuck this thread. This fucking sucks.

lewd!

WHAT DO WE WANT?
GRUSSY!!
WHAT DO WE WANT?
GRUSSY!!
WHAT DO WE WANT?
GRUSSY!!

GIVE ME GRUSSY OR GIVE ME DEATH

Attached: Thisbtch.jpg (1280x1024, 138.39K)

On one hand, Pedo Time is a stupid faggot. But on the other so is OP. Let's see how it shakes out I guess.

SHUT UP AND POST GRUSSY, FAGGOT

Wow. What a dumpsterfire of a thread...

Attached: 1644092544814.jpg (400x400, 21.7K)

how do i learn to write characters with different voices?

i'd rather everything not sound like a 30 year old autist's monologue.

Read your dialogue out loud and listen to how it sounds, and adjust from there. Model voices after people you know and their speech patterns.

easiest way to do it is interact with different people, but if youre... in my situation best i can offer is reading books from different times or regions to contextualize this, same goes for movies

whats Grussy? i missed the maymay

FRY'S DOG

Little kids don't speak like adults. They don't have the same vocabulary and more prone to making grammatical mistakes, same with some older people. A lot of adults speak pretty similarly so unless they have a distinct style you don't have to worry about it so long as they aren't robotic.

>Thread Question: What was a plot point you thought of that was simply too wacky to make sense in the canon of your comic?

Why the black wolf is the good one while the white wolf is the bad one when is always the opposite (and I didn't want to use the common trope). Then I learned how eyes starts to putrefy as soon as you die and it helped me in the plot.

Attached: fda-comparation.jpg (1538x1175, 1.91M)

Posting my last 3 as usual.

Attached: page 30.jpg (850x1650, 449.42K)

some anons went on a deep dive on Pizza Time biology, and they created the theory that Gertha has a grapefruit pussy, or "Grussy", along with the confirmation that Pete has pepperoni nipples and probably a bent salami penis.

Attached: expert.gif (468x480, 2.21M)

>thread question

The rebel leader was a little blonde girl (actually a girl with dwarfism).

It was for one gag thus not worth it.

Attached: page 31.jpg (850x2382, 448.12K)

>doesn't know about subtractive primary colors

Latest page.

Pick your favorite incoming boss battle!
Designs might and will change.

Attached: page 32.jpg (850x1556, 408.22K)

Try using words, dialects, and vocabulary levels you know a certain character would use. Copy from real life places, people and age groups. Example:

>”May you do this for King and Country, sire?”
>”Git yer hide outta there!”

The former sentence is more formal and refined. The latter reads like it came from a more rural and rough tongue.
And given that comics are a visual medium, you can play with font sizes too.

>shy character speaks in low voice, their words looking like gibberish or comically small in a speech bubble
>loud character speaks with a bombastic voice that takes up the entire panel and maybe even bleeds out of it

Man I'm trying to post next slowpoke tomorrow but 6 pages left, and all chapters this close to the end make me way more anxious too.

tapas.io/series/Embriobirds/info

Attached: 20220409_014016314_014.jpg (1733x2452, 3.17M)

>Thread Question: What was a plot point you thought of that was simply too wacky to make sense in the canon of your comic?
There was gonna be a plot point about the reveal of Justin's mother and her antagonistic relationship with Justin's family. But I just found it too ridiculous, dumb and horrendous. So I scrapped that plot point, which in turn changed the mother's character completely.

Am almost done with the thumbnails for the first 3 upcoming chapters, so I can start working on the comic perhaps tonight already!

Attached: Wietse Discovers Punk.png (1000x2527, 620.81K)

Oh wise webcomic Yea Forumsuncil, please tell me, what should I do to get better at drawing backgrounds?

I have a slightly better grasp on perspective then I used to, but I know that I need to do better.

Attached: Dakota's Ghoulfriend Short #3.png (1275x2555, 1.3M)

To get better at backgrounds, look at other examples of comics or find references to to draw. Using references isn’t cheating. You already have a somewhat alright understanding so far
>buildings in front of other buildings
>everything farther in the background starts to blend in with the atmosphere
Something else, are you using some sort of graphic design program instead of a photo editing program to draw?

I main just used Photoshop CS6 in the past.
The bulk of the work is done with Adobe Illustrator now (Which I haven't used since my university days.). It's way faster, so now I use Photoshop for things like sharpening lines, adding shading, and doing finer details like blurs and gradients.

An unironic training arc. Worry not however I've completely scrapped the idea.

That's a really difficult question to answer because there's countless methods about drawing backgrounds. But one thing is for certain you want to use references either from IRL or other artists you take inspiration from. Really analyze the environment and get it accurately, don't worry about stylization because that will come out no matter what.

Attached: houseschool2.jpg (794x718, 889.35K)

>U-using references i-isn’t cheating

Attached: 5120_-_cry_mask_rage_seethe_tears_textless_wojak.jpg (666x659, 146.05K)

Yes, symbol-drawing permabeg.

Attached: Yes.png (771x804, 206.27K)

I'd say you're already doing pretty good with them, desu. Regarding improvement, though, as one person already said, I'd say that looking at drawings, or especially photography, should definitely help.

>he hasn't even internalized symbolic representations
lmao NEVER gmi

Attached: wojack.png (403x448, 53.25K)

>he can't into observationussy
N G M I

>t-tracing is an art form too!

Attached: emmette.jpg (800x450, 44.6K)

Whatever your shallow idea of integrity is means nothing in this world. Trace. Use references. Model 3D. Photobash. Draw furry. Draw coom. Draw yaoi. Anything to get paid because that's what really matters.

Attached: im right you know.jpg (713x800, 54.76K)

>observation
>tracing
Lmfao even your reading skills lack observation lmfao

mmm and how much have you made from the sale of your integrity?

>what should I do to get better at drawing backgrounds?
Knowledge of perspective and compositions, references.

Attached: oneshot3.png (1200x1616, 483.55K)

This thread is retarded.

So GIVE US THE RETARDUSSY ALREADY!!!

it's functionally the same thing. neither of you have imaginations because you don't have souls.

Show me where the integrity is at the top of patreon's rankings.

Attached: 1642372464545.jpg (2000x2810, 3.11M)

show me where you are

>it's functionally the same thing
No. Saying so only demonstrates how little you understand, faggot
>neither of you have imaginations because you don't have souls
Imagine being autistic and thinking you have a soul. Kys

>waaaaaaaaaah
you rage you lose

Attached: 7081142e_goldface.png (32x32, 3.31K)

Lemme guess, you wanna see my bank statements for proof right? You can believe I make zero dollars, that I'm not even an artist and just stirring up shit, you'll still be wallowing in your sweet integrity without ever improving and that's enough for me

>You can believe I make zero dollars, that I'm not even an artist and just stirring up shit
wow i didn't even suggest any of that but now i'm really starting to suspect that is the case here

Good thread guys

How is this thread even worse than the last?

just add betz

Attached: BAM.gif (320x240, 708.11K)

This week on Lioness and Cub.

Attached: LIONESSANSCUB 17.jpg (800x1103, 534.68K)

I give up guys.

Attached: bad asha.jpg (728x1202, 184.61K)

Thanks, y'all.

it was predicted last thread that this would happen

Your stuff seems to be doing pretty well on the webcomic sites. Congrats.

If you spend half the thread talking about the thread being shit and the other half responding to shitposter-kun, of course it's going to be shit.

Threads need a couple weeks off anyhow. Shake off the shitposters and let people actually work on their comics enough to bring something new to the table. It's worked in the past when threads reached critical mass shitposting