How will he measure up to Parallax and Ion?

Attached: 1649788514430.jpg (1988x3057, 1.84M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WO3Xm6lCwtI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Writer will pretend he's stronger. He will do nothing of importance and be depowered for the next big event.

He is more powerful because he is black

So just like Ion and Parallax then?

he's literally gonna die in a couple month

I was actually more interested in the fact that Simon can talk to ghosts now.

So they basically just ripped off Earth 3 John now? Because he’s called Emerald Knight there too

I mean Parallax did do Zero Hour.

John's a Guardian. He doesn't need this tryhard bullshit ffs

Someone's going to chop his head off and he'll give them one year to make amends. That person will go on a journey, including carrying a cumrag provided by his mother and mother's tulpa, until they learn humility.

Zero Hour and reignited the sun

what happened to his hairline

If DC is super Hyper-Crisis and everyone remembers everything and multiverse shit. Why can't Pic Related come back as a staple villain?

Attached: Para-Kyle.jpg (1228x1600, 469.3K)

They are probably trying to Harlem back to his animated appearance

Attached: 2FBA41C7-8170-40E9-AD54-D6FF4AD46967.jpg (1280x720, 77.95K)

The OG Black Lantern.

There was a time when he was my 2nd favourite lantern. Now the sight of him makes me sick.

Attached: 1649784545276.png (857x959, 1.21M)

Why is it that it’s always green lanterns on earth? Why the fuck does earth need so many green lanterns? Why can’t we have a series about a righteously angry Red Lantern or a Blue Lantern who is weak compared to others but still keeps fighting? What about a MILFy Star Sapphire who fights to keep her family safe?

I like the concept but fuck that costume. I don't even know what it's going for. It's like all the worst aspects of tacticool design put on one costume

Posts like these are boring. Please stop.

Because it was the fear bug user, character development sucks

>Character development
>A dumb retcon that erases previous character development

Attached: 1649867097197.png (599x768, 551.15K)

Likewise I think it’s because them pushing John now just feels so forced

No, John actually does need some love. He's not the same man he used to be. Frankly, he got retconned/recontextualized harder than Parallax Hal.

Attached: file.png (665x601, 1.03M)

Because of royalties. The one that gets adapted will give royalties to living writers, that's why we got 4 new lanterns in 10 years.

Heatfags still seething over a character going through trauma

>So just like Ion
Apart from rebuidling Oa, the central power battery, ressurecting the gaurdians & basica;;y restarting the torps

WTF

They decided that Mosaic architect John is boring. They want cartoon MARINE CORE John instead.

During Nu52, when Kyle's history was explicitly in question and fucked, editorial should have made him the then current Parallax.

I’m not saying he doesn’t need a push but I think the way they are currently pushing him feels forced. Like he was the Only GL to get his own Anniversary book while Alan, Hal, Guy, Kyle had to share a book even with John.

I agree. He needs a push, but he needs to be fixed first. Also there's no reason why other GL can't share the spotlight.

Also make Sentinel ungay.

Why hasn't any GL book surpass Green Lantern Corps volume 2 yet??

Isn't Halallax still around?
He's just out there, doing whatever now.

Hell they all deserve a push, except Jo and Teen Lantern they genuinely both suck, and agreed Alan being gay is honestly the shittiest idea

>Give John the solo for a bit
>have Kyle in the Justice League
>Hal and Jess co-lead a GLC book
>put Guy in a space team book like L.e.g.i.o.n.
>Simon I honestly don’t know maybe have him run around with one of the corps for a bit

Yeah they never actually addressed where he is now

You could make an argument that Ion didn't do much since he was only around for 3 issues and he "only" re-ginited the central power battery and birth new Guardians, but Parallax
>Destroyed Oa
>Forced all the Guardians except Ganthet to sudoku themselves
>The entirety of Zero Hour
>Re-ignited the sun in Final Night
>Ultimately led to Kyle becoming Ion the first time around

He was around for a while.
youtube.com/watch?v=WO3Xm6lCwtI

Attached: 1382918481723.png (400x300, 31.73K)

I don't care for the fear bug retcon, but there are enough human Green Lanterns that surely they can spare one of them to become Parallax full-time?

>but there are enough human Green Lanterns
Cruz should have stayed as Power Ring on Prime Earth

>he was only around for 3 issues
That's the main reason that made Sodam Yat the superior Ion

Attached: Sodam_Yat_Ion.jpg (1280x1350, 1.14M)

>Implying Sodam wasn't even worse

His entire reason for becoming Ion was to get his ass beat

Attached: tumblr_6cc793415b96ca66bd05585630c24177_098aa6fa_1280.jpg (800x434, 82.43K)

He does, but none of the current crop of writers is interesting in actually helping him if you know what I mean.
Heck, after the supperrape, I'm not certain these people aren't purposefully making this worse.

>trying to Harlem back
kek

hope that pun was intended and not auto-correct.

Attached: 1579947104083.jpg (493x387, 34.68K)

did that mini ever conclude? i forgot about it

>Being the Worf of the GLC is a bad thing
Ok sure thing user, but at least the character and power set were being used. Unlike Kyle's second round as Ion

Attached: Not That Time Yet.jpg (1280x1947, 534.05K)

John's the whitest one in the lineup.
>Hal- Impulsive orphan
>Kyle- Street Rat
>Guy- Every Irish troupe rolled into one
>Jess- Impulse-driven neet
>Simon- Actual PoC character
John is a quiet, introverted, former military, now white-collar architect who uses his ring as a CAD program. He's literally the blandest white character you could make, with a coat of black slapped on him.

I'm out of the loop for the last few years.
What caused the Green Lantern Corps to explode this time?

>Kyle- Street Rat

Shut the fuck up retard, and read Bronze Age John

John's original character is no more relevant than Guy when he was taking Ice on dates in strip clubs. Both characters have changed. Guy developed, John regressed.

>He's literally the blandest white character you could make, with a coat of black slapped on him
Thats literally every single black character in DC or Marvel comics.

Aw, they fucked up Jakeem? That's a pity. I liked him.

He continues in comic book limbo like the rest of JSA

Way to out yourself as a casual. There are plenty of black characters at the big 2 that aren't boring. Miles, Rhodey, and Falcon are some of the ones I can think of off the top of my head. All of them are strong characters with well defined personalities and entirely original superhero identities to call their own.

Better to be in limbo than to have modern DC touch them.

>muh peter
>muh tony
>muh steve

Kyle is a fucking weeb comic book artist cali bro, he's white as fuck in his original construction.

Oh thank goodness.

Attached: truth.jpg (250x232, 7.87K)

Miles? Fuck off

You're also a moviefag shut up, only an MCUck would think Falcon is just MUH CAP

The redditors infesting this board won't know you're being sarcastic unless you end your post wit "/s" user.

>Way to out yourself as a casual
>Uses Rhodey as an example
Since 2014 that he is Carol's boyfriend he has lost all personality and literally is just her black boyfriend used as an accessory to make her character more progressive.

>Guy gets a small group of Rookie Lanterns to train/lead
>Guy doesn't want to train but is doing a soild for Kilowog
>Each hear about escapades but blown way out of proportion
>They see Guy for what he really is
>They're disappointed
>A group of Space Pirates take over a large colony
>The rookies try to save the day but these are experienced assholes
>Guy steps in and what happens next is WHY Guy gets bragged about
>A glorious one man ass kicking follows
>The rookies are amazed, some of the female Pirates want Guy's kids and the colony is saved despite some property damage

Attached: 05A58D50-BA64-44A0-B0BE-CD89E3F7F4C0.jpg (500x766, 167.74K)

Fucking fund it!

Attached: 37F5F4B2-D48C-45D0-B1C2-B948CB7495F3.jpg (500x386, 174.42K)

Someone needs to draw a version of this with Guy

Attached: 64kzi4.jpg (512x487, 78.3K)

So how was Thorne's GL run

muh racism

Attached: Americops_(Earth-616)_from_Captain_America_Sam_Wilson_Vol_1_9_001.jpg (1988x2868, 1.85M)