/indie/

ITT: indie comics discussion.
It's NCBD so what better time to talk about your favorite, least favorite, and highly obscure non-Big Two titles?
Pic related is The Unbeatable Blue Baron from Sitcomics/Binge Books.
>Thread question:
>What is the weirdest indie title you have in your collection?

Attached: BLUE-BARON-1-EVERYTHING-OLD-IS-NEW-AGAIN-scaled.jpg (1684x2560, 1.05M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hKKrhGr5m6M
comic.skullkickers.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Did anyone else read Courtney Crumrin?

Attached: 073BD3F7-A1D9-4DB3-B48D-90C6B622D6D5.jpg (600x512, 270.33K)

>What is the weirdest indie title you have in your collection?
1-800-MICE
It's not very good, but it is weird and full of crazy ideas and characters.
Here's a preview:
youtu.be/hKKrhGr5m6M

This was a comic? What was it even about?

Weird shit. Too much to describe.
The title refers to a mouse courier service that travels faster than any other method, but it's about a lot if other things like a supervillain rockstar falling to Earth like a meteor, something about tree people, etc.

If the art syle is the same as in the video and the stories that random, I understand why it's obscure.

This board needs less cape comics.

Yeah, it's pretty crappy black and white art, but some people like it because it's so wild. It wasn't for me. I'm kind of a snob that wants decent writing and good art, minimum, for any comic I pick up.
More like it needs more readers.

Attached: 1800mice11.jpg (650x931, 253.78K)

I've been reading a lot of comics, recently.
There is so much shit out there. It's really hard to find good and new comics. If you go through the Image catalog of the past few years, there's nothing but crap. Obviously, the same is the case for capes, and to me, also the case for manga and euro comics. So I kind of understand why the board is so dry of comics threads.
It could just be me, since I've been reading a lot more.
But still, these threads should exist. This is a niche medium, and the great, old comics have not gone anywhere.

Attached: Bigman.jpg (1280x1091, 571.36K)

Let's not dismiss cape comics as automatically inferior, because it is unfortunately not true. That attitude makes people not want to touch indies at all.

Meant for

>That attitude makes people not want to touch indies at all.
People who dismiss indies as pretentious are not going to read it in the first place.

Because they don't know what they're talking about.
All they have to go on is the attitude of those that read indie exclusively, when those people are as clueless as they are.
A chunk of indie comics are practically cape comics, minus the Marvel/DC logos on the cover.

If people dismiss comics, anything really, by who reads them, they are not people who really liked comics in the first place.

I read Kill or be killed after an user recommended it to me. I like the first half more than the second and the ending is a little underwhelming I'd say but it was enjoyable. The premise is almost "what if the punisher with mental illness"

Attached: Kill Or Be Killed (2016-) - Kill Or Be Killed (2016-) #1 - 1.jpg (2853x2193, 3.38M)

Does image count as indie? It's not big two but some people say its barely indie because it's #3

If you got the recommendation from the last thread, that was me. It does lose its momentum in the second half when it stops being about the tactics the MC uses for vigilante work. But it's still an enjoyable ride for what it is and it doesn't overstay its welcome.
Good question. I think it still counts. Even though it's #3, that's third biggest after Marvel and DC took the lion's share of the graph.
Cape comics are just overrepresented on the NA continent.

>If you got the recommendation from the last thread, that was me.
I did. Thanks man I enjoyed it it was a wild ride. It's the first thing I read by brubaker and Phillips and I'm gonna check out their other stuff.

Anytime. Unfortunately KoBK was my first and currently only Brubaker/Phillips experience. The Reckless comics seem cool, though, so I'll probably give them a shot at some point.

Just stfu.

No real argument, then? You are chicken shit if you avoid any comic for reasons that have nothing to do with their story, cast, design, etc. "Oh no, an user was mean to me, I won't read this comic, that will show him."

I must have this.

Okay, tough guy. Internet victory is yours. You really stuck it to those capeshitters this time, stud.

Attached: E24E6B79-D262-4B5E-BD2F-D8CD2BEAA675.jpg (397x500, 51.43K)

>cartoon image
It figures.

Attached: B1691CC4-001D-4B17-9A94-0F1614FFFBD3.png (919x700, 286.11K)

You're in luck, because they have digital versions on their website.

Only the digital versions are broken up. Issue 1 is #1.1 and #1.2, issue 2 is #2.1 and #2.2 etc.

You might be right, but some people are a touch sensitive.
It's a matter for further discussion.
Why do you disagree with what he says?
Have you been put off by the behaviors and attitudes of indie comic readers?
Talk to me, pal. I'm here for you. I'm a good listener.

Recently finished Skullkickers by Jim Zub. Overall I enjoyed it till the last half. The whole meta narrative BS kinda felt a pull to make it seem more original. I still enjoyed the whole ride.

>meta narrative
Really hate those. It ruined Fight Club 2, not that it was that good to begin with.

Please don't let these threads devolve into a pity party about how indies are mistreated.

I like this comic series though I hate its shiny paper and its lack of staples

go read Criminal user, I enjoyed it a lot. The Reckless... it was 'fine' but it never reached the heights of Criminal for me.

Outside of like Incognito though pretty much all of their collabs are golden.

For me it was cause there wasn't a pay off to it. The last half is just the narrative lead describing their character types, it doesn't change anything. All it does is say their character types, there's a big off screen battle (though there were great full page fights leading up to it) and they're thrusted to a new period to do the same stuff. Skullkickers isn't really a strong narrative book you are there for the kooky action. It just felt like a waste for half the finale being what is the equivalent of a TV tropes page.

Attached: 1479501583477.png (480x360, 132.59K)

Oh so it categorized everything. Never nind, I actually like the idea if that.
I dislike stapled comics. They seem so flimsy compared to the tpb-ish bindings. But I hear you refarding glossy paper. Newsprint is superior.

I live in a country with only one used comic book shop. The store recently came into a collection of Grimjack, Dreadstar, Jon Sable, Badger and Whisper. None of them are complete sets, and they're all the later issues (eg, Grimjack 40-75) being sold for roughly a dollar each.

Should I pick them up and read the stories halfway through? Or just save my money and pick them up for cheaper next time I go back to America?

I'll give the book points cause they uploaded the entire thing online as a webcomic. Paying for it is more of a support the creators deal.

comic.skullkickers.com/

FAVORITE ONGOING: USAGI YOJIMBO . NOW BEING MARATHONED.

You shouldn't let the retardation of others affect you so much. Especially here.

The TPB-Bindings never open enough

>I live in a country with only one used comic book shop
fucking third worlder

>Only Americans can like my comic books

>Only Americans can like my comic books
no but if I encounter a third worlder I'm gonna call them out

I'd say sample them online first.
If you like any, pick them up.
I've only read the early parts of some of those, so I can't recommend the later parts.
What's wrong with that?

They're not but if comics are to improve we should strive for comics for every audience
Not just capeshitters like myself
When I recommend comics I make sure to go out of my way to avoid cape titles and licensed titles even if I enjoy them

Why, though? You act like you get to choose where you are born and where you grow up.

>What's wrong with that?
>Why, though? You act like you get to choose where you are born and where you grow up.
t. third world scum

I hope you're happy, OP. Look at the thread you've brought upon us.

Japan isn't what I'd call a third world country. I've picked up some good finds, like the first few issues of Avengers for $1 each. Otherwise, I make do with what I can get.

Yeah, but the worst part is, I already own a near-complete set of Grimjack; it's just that it'd cost more money shipping it over than it would just buying it across town.

No idea how late-era First/Eclipse/Pacific comics hold up. I like the early stuff, but never checked out anything after the first 10-15 issues of a lot of titles.

Thoughts on IDW's upcoming YA graphic novels?
They seem to be aiming at the audience their Sonic comics have

Attached: FPHlIUxXoAcrZoz.jpg (1200x1800, 211.58K)

seems like generic "we want the anime audience" shit you saw everywhere in the early 2000s

I have yet to start Usagi.

>Japan isn't what I'd call a third world country
/pol/ begs to differ

bump

Rec me indie books. Any genre goes but if you need a specific one recently I've been into mystery

>mystery
pic related

Attached: mazeagency1.jpg (718x1100, 786.87K)

See ?
This is the sign of desperation,when you know deep down despite all the posturing and grand-standing that whatever you have is inferior to the ones you criticise.Same goes for the eurocomics and other ''alternative'' scenes whatever they are called these days and their oh-so-snub-look-at-my-superior-art-and-writting attitude
IF IT WAS THAT BETTER MORE PEOPLE WOULD'VE READ IT AND MORE PEOPLE WOULD BE TALKING ABOUT IT !!!

I'll bet you this much:no cape comic thread on this board needs OP to come back and bump it and to add insult to injury with nothing further to add to the thread himself.
Just a meek 'b-bump' ,like a wet fart in the local pub during rush hour looking desperately for some validation of it's existence and for someone to take responsibility for it before it fades and dies alone un-acknowledged even by it's own begetter between the smells of vapors of smoke,sweat,alcohol mixed with mold and stale cheese crackers.

tl;dr
It's dead jim let it go

Attached: 1448787455454354.gif (490x223, 496.75K)

>Rick Magyar
I think he worked on O'Neill Question?

Yeah, so?

Attached: 3000129.jpg (600x923, 68.57K)

Oh I was looking for this, I read the synopsis time ago and It came back into my mind when I heard that my ex gf became a private detective.I probably should not read it, I bet it'll hurt me

Attached: 1501888302518.png (244x357, 138.63K)