MOCN KNIGHT

>Make show actually standalone from the rest of the MCU
>Turns out decent for once

Attached: images (5).jpg (678x452, 44.11K)

New episode is already out by the way, in case anyone hadn't seen yet.
Khonshu gets bitch slapped by the other gods and Jake is heavily hinted at.

I'm enjoying it so far. But don't get too excited. I felt this way about Wandavision. Then the last two episodes ruined everything. But I admit so far this is the best marvel media in years.

>Make show actually standalone from the rest of the MCU
Madripoor was mentioned though, that and the GRC sticker on the bus in the last episode.

Attached: images (6).jpg (831x369, 21.81K)

That one user that guessed Jake was the guy who would be the ultra violent one and Marc was the middle man and Steven was the book smart detective guy seems to be right.

It wasn't a guess, people knew because a review from a guy who saw the first four eps of the show spoiled it alongside the fact that Jake is still an NY cab driver

Ah ok I didn't know all that.

Konshu should have hired this guy for the trial, he's a really good lawyer

Attached: images (7).jpg (641x479, 18.42K)

>Don’t listen to what this man says, he’s a schizo
I thought arguments like that only worked on this board

Maybe Marc should've led with "this guy summoned jackals to kill me, and also he has armed mercenaries in his employ."

How's everybody else feel about the directing in this episode
I thought it kinda fucking sucked, fight scenes felt super disjointed and fake and 0% of the shot composition was interesting

I liked this episode more than the previous one, though Khonshu still looking damn good

I agree for the opening fight scene, it was Nolan Batman tier of cuts and just bad fight choreography. But once he summoned the suit in the main fight it dramatically improved, guess they know how to make cgi heavy fights but not practical ones.

Was the implication meant to be that Steven talk no jitsu'd his way out of fighting the disciples before trying to get to the airport during Mark's first personality shift in the episode?

Apparently, which seems baffling given that everyone he's ever talked to up until this point has kind of disliked him.

The worst part is that I recognize the choreography from the training video they showed last year. So I could see the parts they cut and rearranged, really ruined that scene. I'm under the impression that when they planned it out originally only one of the guys was supposed to have a knife

Are the egyptian gods going to die too in Love and Thunder?

The Wandavision finale was kino and saved the show, it only dipped around the middle

Maybe that's why they stopped fighting him, because they wanted to get away from him.

I'm sick of MCU and Avengers shit. I just wanted to watch Daredevil, Punisher and Iron fist's standalone stories. Moon Knight is pretty fun so far. I'm enjoying the bongland setting.

I agree for the most part except like said I enjoyed pretty much all of the "suit" fights. And silly as it was Khonshu sitting on the car was a cute touch. And the turning back the sky was pretty cool. Overall I's say it was just the whole opening 10-15 minutes that felt sloppy.

I thought the fight scenes were super entertaining :(

I hope not.

Probably not but there are so many of them it would be easy for Gorr to kill one random one off, tying everything together without a direct crossover

>Khonshu is the only one left alive because he was stuck in a rock

At this point in the MCU, normal civilians must be so fucking done with everything that they probably just thought "ay, that's cool" and went on with their business when the night sky started going haywire.

Actually for 99% of the civilians, superhero shit is things they only see on TV, plus what Khonshu was doing is beyond the power scope of even Wanda and Strange. Even if it was only the sky that was straight up time manipulation

They gave everyone the idiot ball so the plot could happen.

Fights were floaty, which is standard for MCU shit and I'm used to it, but then they went and made the protag basically fucking invincible. Not even normal invincible, but retarded movie logic invincible where he can tank several dozen bullets but not a few mundane spears. It wasn't even swords or anything like that where you could make a shear strength argument. Pissed me the fuck off.

The drama and the pseudoromance were boring as fuck, basically nothing but filler. Layla is fucking boring as a character and only furthers the plot, Harrow's schtick got old real fast once the glass in shoe shtick wore off, and Khonsu... is fucking kino, ngl.

The mystery of the stooges are fun for now, but if it gets stale before the end of the season, this show is fucking over.

They could save the show if keep Marc depowered by default and only bring his juice back occasionally like in the comics, which would actually cause some tension and consequences whenever he does get hurt. Or they could go deeper into what an abusive cunt Khonsu can be, to the point where it exceeds the boundaries of taste and shocks the typical MCU audience, again like in the comics.

If what we've seen is going to be the rest of the show, however, it's probably going to be garbage.

There's already a connection with Wakanda which I really enjoy, would be dope if Thor expanded on it and made things a bit more explicit.

Which is weird that thr other gods have such a stick up their ass about not showing off to mortals

Half the universe died and was revived, a solar eclipse and moving stars around won't impress anyone compared to that.

>Not even normal invincible, but retarded movie logic invincible where he can tank several dozen bullets but not a few mundane spears
But he did tank the spears.

They got lodged in his fucking body unlike the bullets for no reason user

Probably mostly went along with their business because what the fuck can you do in that situation? You don't know what is coming next, I assume some father started calling home and racing around to try get their kids to a safe place, some people started praying but after it ended people probably calmed down.
This was the first thing those people seen outside of the news besides Thanos which happened without tangible warning

Where in the timeline is Moon Knight set? After Hawkeye or sometime in 2024?

People saying this was a glimpse of Jake but ehh.

Attached: 44bf23c86f90a69264316d01276c496e316a4bf6[1].jpg (2048x1536, 217.16K)

D+ officially designated it as being set after Hawkeye so early 2025.

Apparently Steven had two reflections that didn't reflect him in the first episode near the end in the museum

Is Ethan Hawke a Doom underling or Doom incognito?

He isn't a thing, user. Stop deluding yourself.

It just seems odd to pick him for a character that isn’t even close to his namesake. Plus Marvel did what they did with Mandarin and Trevor

Khonshu looked extra fine this episode.

Attached: b2aaf8f7f06d677f614f9dd9c26ba1787a0db764[1].jpg (285x577, 32.98K)

The writers admitted the version in the MCU is mostly an original character and he actually takes more from Sun King and Morning Star.

Seems pretty dumb how they brought in an Egyptian director and he did interviews bemoaning orientalism in western depictions of Egypt and how he was going to bring some much needed authenticity, but so far Cairo looks just like it does in other movies, though I'm not sure how much they actually shot in Cairo.

Why should he?
Everyone else in this thread is.
>hey guys it's marvel but good because different (even though it follows the exact same conga-line like every other marvelshit IP so far)

wonder why they would take anything from the Bemis run.

>everything that has happened
>gods dont care
>khonsu plays with the skies
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I mean from what we've heard the gods already don't like Khonshu and he's started shit before so of course they're gonna be like 'fuck that guy, not this again'.

>Cairo looks just like it does in other movies
Like what?

The execution was the bad thing, the very basic concepts from the run like Sun King and Jake taking over for years are salvageable and could have worked well in someone else's hands

Just the dusty bazaars and shit, though they did show a modern looking skyline in an establishing shot.

why didn't Jake come out when they were getting impaled by spears

Never been to Cairo specifically, but being in a lot of muzzie cities does feel a bit like ARABIAN NIIIIIIIIIGHTS but with less color, almost-but-not-quite-modern-day tech and a fairly small reskin depending on the specific country.

>Khonshu: Ok Marc, I forced a meeting with the other gods, it is imperative that our case against Harrow is 100% airtight
>5 minutes later
>Khonshu: REEEEEEEEE YOU SHITFUCKS BETTER BELIEVE ME RIGHT NOW

Don't know if it was intentional but that got me laughing

Attached: 1565155673510.gif (177x150, 1.74M)

In terms of Ancient Egyptian superhero TV stuff I'd rank this show significantly below the King Tut episodes of Batman '66.

>steven is cucking marc
marc bros this isn't fair...

Stuck in the closet that time

It was so retarded. He could've just said "He stole the scarab which leads to Ammit's tomb, he's at the sight right now. Look for yourself" Can't the gods viewfind/scry or something? Everything else in this ep was cool but I'm dissapointed the show has these kind of flaws found in worse marvelshit.

TBF it was stated. that even the gods did not know where the tomb was so Harrow feigning innocents that he was in the dessert doing different stuff is not far fetch but Khonshu should have brought up the Scarab that was dumb

These villains where they're trying to create a utopia or some other "greater good" are so lame. Whatever happened to the bad guy just being a mean egotistical prick? I'd much rather see Ethan Hawke do something like that than the po-faced shit he's doing now. I know not everyone likes it but Guy Pearce in Iron Man 3 is the pinnacle of what I'm talking about.

I wanna be fucked by this Egyptian moon god

>Am I taking fucking crazy pills
no but you should, it was great for the previous 3 episodes, only now it's getting old maybe even for when jake comes out

Am I taking fucking crazy pills? How does anyone think this multiple personality shit is good? This has been done over and over and over. And the trope of bringing someone to trial and the "judges" believing the obvious bad guy. This show fucking sucks and the storyline and tropes are 90s superhero bad.

You are a contrarian faggot who is gay and probably likes men

Go indulge in this masterpiece

Attached: MV5BODMwMDY2YzUtNGFiNS00NDA1LWI4YzMtYzVmM2RlZTk3NGVlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg (1000x1480, 142.32K)

Are you crazy nigga?