Gunnerkrigg Court

Chapter 84: Page 33

Moves.

gunnerkrigg.com/

Attached: 00002610.jpg (600x849, 221.04K)

He's like one of those pickup artists, just more sociopathic and actually successful.

>Still going on about Tony "getting away with it"
People really do just skim the comic and decide what they see, don't they?

Attached: Capture.jpg (583x199, 108.64K)

Engage Physically

Annie is too unflustered and cool. She's definitely just pulling a Surma. She wanted the Chad Ysengrin not the virgin Loup.

He's gonna have Annie kill the part of him that is Loup, just like Coyote planned, so he can live as Jerrek. Annie will get the knot, one way or another.

If Loup dies then so does the knot

Is Coyote a father figure? Ysengrin maybe, but Coyote just seemed like a trolly and kind of possessive buddy. He even sexually harassed Annie on first meeting her. Then again, who hasn't?

Annie sees all dogs as dads

Robo-cock. Kat is a good friend.

Any stretch to fake outraged, I guess.

I think even if you don't hate Tony completely you can agree the way that whole arc and Annie's feelings towards Tony were resolved was poorly done
That monologue after the Annie fusion especially

I really don't know what kind of resolution you're hoping for. We know from Fire and Court Annie that she has resentment for what Tony did and how he acts but that's just something people have to live with sometimes. The combined Annie accepting the bad with the good isn't just 'sweeping it under the carpet'.

KNOTTED
N
O
T
T
E
D

social media was a mistake because it made all of us painfully aware of just how retarded 70+% of the population is

The funny thing is that she really should be mad at Surma, or rather the fire elemental. Not Tony. Tony sent her to a boarding school alone for like 4 years at most, without being able to communicate, which sucks, sure, but he's not the one who ruined her life, he's the one who tried to save her life. He's a hyper-autist, which doesn't REALLY excuse him, he should have never slept with Surma in the first place, but it doesn't help, either.

What did Surma do wrong? Yeah she died but I think Annie is happy to exist so it was kinda unavoidable

The problem is that the resolution is basically just monologued to us. I get what Tom was going for but it's such a shit way to do it
I mean there's a reason people were so mad about chapter 80
We get the author hamfistedly shoving exposition down our throat about how things are good now while never actually getting to see Tony make an effort or Annie come to this conclusion organically through the comic and just like a lot of other recent disappointments with the comic a huge part of Annie's arc is never followed up on or rendered pointless
Also just the fact that the twin annies thing which was the most genuinely interesting thing we've gotten in years from this comic gets cut off before it can mature into ANYTHING with a
>I understand....
all in service of that laborious monologue jerking Tony off that felt more targeted towards the readers than the actual characters of the comic who kinda just gloss over all of Tony's issues generally or suddenly love him

Taking Annie to the Court was Surma's idea too. In Tony's mind, Annie hated him for letting Surma die, So he really didn't think he was abandoning anybody when he went off the grid for years.

Even the way he acted when he came back was brought on by Annie's cheating and failing grades and the Court literally blackmailing him with her expulsion.

Surma was in the same awful position as Annie. She didn't do anything wrong (beyond cheating on Eglamore, of course, but that has nothing to do with this). That's why I said
>or rather the fire elemental.
It would be normal, however, to have resentment for a parent for knowingly passing on a terrible hereditary disease or something analogous to it, such as the fire elemental. It wouldn't be right or make it better, but it is to be expected that a child would harbor some amount of resentment for that.

>yfw Annie wants the robot werewolf knot

Personally, I love how Tony was done. Tom built up the expectation of Tony being cruel and heartless through characters who never knew him, such as Kat, over a long time, expertly and subtly. Readers expected him to represent some major antagonistic force in Annie's life, which continued when he finally returned, but instead of making an effort to correct that view, Tom chose to let things play out as they have, which gave readers the opportunity to cope with their dislike for Tony in a very similar way to Annie.
In reality, things are never black and white, Tony had good reasons for doing what he did, but instead of using Tony to say something about that or put a message in the comic, Tom is just showing him as he is and using the same exact methods he used to build him up in order to build him back down, like Kat suddenly being fine with him again.
I think everything surrounding Tony is actually genius writing on Tom's part.

So you're the person Tom writes the lazy subverted expectations monologue resolutions to everything for

I never said I liked that on face value. Tom clearly overapplies it. Tony, however, is extremely well done.

Blame the monologues on the idiots getting angry at Tom for not making Tony a generic bad guy.

Okay, this is getting silly now. Stop it!

>lana couldn't get her vitamin D
>annie's getting the knott
there's no justice

I mean I think Tom could convince a lot of those people to change their minds if it was handled better

Wait loup and Jerrik are two different “personalities”? Or what? Getting some clay face flashbacks with robin.

Loup is method acting as Jerrek and is getting in too deep.

Many of those don't want to be convinced of anything. As shown by them either rejecting or skimming over the monologues because it disagrees with their views.

It's more that the Jerrik form is affecting his mind in ways he didn't expect.

Attached: a plaything.jpg (306x268, 16.96K)

Subverted expectations are retarded when they make no sense. Everything about Tony makes sense from his retarded perspective. It also explains why Annie is retarded. She has her mother's brains and her father's autism.

Coyote convinced himself he was a dead goose or something once. Part of the shapeshifting it seems.

user please, you can't get too deep inside annie

Anywhere in Annie is too deep.

This is No, I Understand-Annie, who is always cool, calm and collected

>It's more that the Jerrik form is affecting his mind in ways he didn't expect.
>PicRel
Good on you for rescuing pertinent ancient canon. Quality post

>The only images of Annie being done doggie style are of her fucking herself, and a handful of borderline sfw pieces with Rey
My disappointment is immeasurable

Noooo such thing's illegal in so many countries, user! Are you trying to frame the lurking artists here?

We're just waiting for the happening 2.0 of Annie finally tying the knot in canon, which, considering this chapter, is just around the corner.

I think it’s more how she literally says “everyone hates him but me and if the world is against him I will be by his side” without any buildup to that. The whole shtick with Tony before that was how most people saw something good in him but Annie was not around to see that part of him. Only like Eglamore really truly hated him so the whole “is against the world” thing doesn’t work

Attached: ezgif-1-9d68138f9d[1].gif (366x250, 1.73M)

>The whole shtick with Tony before that was how most people saw something good in him but Annie was not around to see that part of him
Annie was raised by him for 10 years and we have seen maybe like 3? scenes from her childhood that he was in until she came to the court.
We never knew him and we created a false image of him in our minds, the same way Kat did. Annie never said that she hated him. We just assumed she did, just like all of her peers, of which there aren't many.
Basically, it was just Rey, Eglamore and Kat, but those are like 3 of the maybe 5 people she interacted with more than once a month. They all had their reasons for hating Tony.

I love how Tom handled Tony.

It's honestly weird that no one else judged Tony more for his poor parenting decisions, but I guess he gets the same pass for his shitty actions as Surma did

I also found it really weird how Kat 180ed on her opinion of Tony just because he was fun to talk to, after hating him for years and after she saw him deeply hurt humiliate her best friend for seemingly no reason pretty recently. It made her seem pretty shallow

Remember the chapter where Annie thought her dad couldn't have possibly loved her mom because he was a soulless automaton?

Of course.
What is your point?
Annie recognized that her dad can be a walking vegetable and therefore she hates him?

But nobody hates Tony except eglamore. Only characters who've been real judgemental of him are eggy, kat before she knew him, and Annie herself

Annie wasn't, she was told she should be and she was eventually convinced of it. It's also canon that everyone hates him, including a lot of people we don't get to know in the comic.
She has very good reason to be confused. She's also a child. She doesn't understand a lot of things and her father is tisming whenever he talks to her, specifically.
Obviously she is gonna be confused.
Also, she never thought her mom couldn't have loved him until he came back and everything crashed down on her at once, her whole life was flipped, turned upside down, she was scared she might lose her only friend, she was held back a grade, she wasn't allowed in the forest, it was a really hard time for her.

Attached: 00001859.jpg (600x849, 175.97K)

He's thirsty.

Attached: Needy Handholding.png (291x249, 146.75K)

Loup is better at flirting than me!

>held back a grade
Forgot about that. Is it weird there were ZERO scenes of her dealing with new people at class?

It was a whole chapter.

Why did it never stuck with me then? Was it that forgettable? I remember something with her usual peers trying to catch up with her at the bowling place, though

you are trying to drag the point to your fragile emotions instead of the facts you are a bad reader that forgot whole chapters.

Fine then. Don't break your back spoon-feeding me. I'll stick to not caring about something I didn't even remember

I mean, yeah, it was only bookending the bowling chapter, but I don't think it would have been smart to introduce these new characters, since that status quo didn't last for long.

Attached: 00001621.jpg (600x849, 171.63K)

I...
Huh.
That's genuinely surprising.

>would not have been smart to introduce them
Yeah, too many pieces moving. It helps the feeling of Annie being closed off too
I miss ether talk like pic related

Ooookay

he used his magic to make her hand grow

Attached: Rita_Repulsa_from_Mighty_Morphin'_Power_Rangers_(screencap).jpg (320x240, 23.89K)

you tried a typical fuss about "OMG I DIDN'T KNOW THAT", it's juts you avoiding the arguments to show that "you being upset" is more important than why you are upset. Tertiary little shit.

Oh, right, it's you again.
Should have known.
Talk to a doctor, I think you need medication.

It's not an entire chapter, it's like 4 or 5 pages, wasn't even wrong!
Chill out, then leave or stop crapping up these threads with your vitriol.