Can a DC universe work without Superman?

Can a DC universe work without Superman?

Attached: C43927B2-D376-489B-AEA2-6ACB65CD3D88.jpg (1321x582, 196.16K)

Supermansisters it's over

The ideal DC universe would have no Superman, no Green Lantern, no Flash, Batman should be recast as someone who played Batman thirty years ago, there should be two different versions of the biggest film in the series, and gaps between everything, like it should go years and years with no content. Also, they should make sure half the movies are made by a hack who doesn't understand comics. That'd be my ideal DC universe

Easy way to solve it would be to say this is the world Ezra Flash now lives in and they get Grant to play with Affleck, Cavill, Gadot, etc. from now on

If you told me 20 years ago that fucking Aquaman would surpass Superman in popularity I wouldn’t believe you.
F for superfags

This film is a fucking disaster, just scrap it at this point

Superman is irrelevant.

I think superman unironically works better on his own than batman

Although Batman does work well on his own, or even just with the Batfamily, there are still a lot of good stories that involve him teaming up with Justice League characters

I can't really recall a lot of good stories involving Superman working with other heroes, even the trinity honestly

I want Superman to be like All Star Superman

It already does.

JLA: The Nail says "not really"

>literal who Twitter screencap thread

Flashpoint, The Nail, Atomic Universe, 2021 Dakotaverse all seem to be based around the idea that Superman not showing up results in a much worse off DC universe. As common as "what if Superman but Evil" stories are, the next thing after that might be "Without Superman we're fucked".

>"but Evil"
>"Without Superman we're"
>"what if Superman fucked"

More than work, it will succeed.

No Superman is still better than Snyders Superman.

Superman doesn't exist so they can introduce a new, black one.

Been working without him for years really.

Scrap it.
Just remove Ezra and make it wally.
The ginger wally that made the flash cool.
Call it flash point and redo the entire DCEU.

WB just paid off Ezra's accusers, they are not removing Ezra

Attached: 1621409785916.png (822x1406, 1.23M)

Based

Please. As long as WB is ran by a bunch of greedy bastards we'll see Superman again, he's their second most profitable character.

I know this may be hard to accept but Whedon take on Superman was better than Snyder´s

This crazy nigga ain't worth it the WB should just drop him already

JLU

This is a good point, but it's strange seeing the JL without their public face/de facto leader.

What the hell did Henry Cavill do to get snubbed like this? You don't see Batfleck getting wiped out on the same level.

Why? Ezra is the only worthwhile part of the DCEU

Attached: 1621175836357.jpg (1794x2036, 820.55K)

>Can a DC universe work without Superman?
If the MCU can work without the X-Men and Fantastic Four. DC can (at least in theory) make a DC movie universe without Superman. I mean. I'm not going to see it if they don't make it clear Superman is going to be rebooted properly in the future. But I'll concede that the DC universe doesn't need Superman to be successful.

Battfleck was one of the few things people liked about Batman Vs Superman. Meanwhile everyone and I mean EVERYONE on the internet in 2016 was screaming their heads off about how Zack Snyder and DC fucked up Superman. I guess they figured 'fuck it lets just get rid of him if fans are gonna get that mad. It's not worth it.'

>Ezra is the only worthwhile part of the DCEU
Faggots & fujoshits aren't a big enough market to support the entirety of the DCEU, user.

Then good thing we also have Momoa, Gal, and The Rock

>all seem to be based around the idea that Superman not showing up results in a much worse off DC universe.
The DC movie universe would unironically be better off if he never showed up. No Zod in Metropolis and the ensuing collateral, no Luthor trying to kill him with kryptonite, no steppenwolf coming to earth. Maybe killing him off and starting off fresh is the best way to clean the slate and make a brighter less dark DC universe.

It's time to stop.

>The Rock
Rockshlock is not holding up the universe either, user.
>Gal
Her second movie shit the bed. That adaptation is quickly running out of good faith.
>Momoa
Now, THIS is the real "only quality part of the DCEU"--not some schizoid faggot who's afraid of his own penis.

What about Shazam 2?

>Can a DC universe work?
FTFY
Also no

Attached: 1464219598148.jpg (731x1094, 164.18K)

>I want Superman to be like All Star Superman
You can't exactly build a multi-film franchise if his first good movie made in years is the one where he's dying of sun cancer. All-Star is a story you tell in the third or fourth movie. Not the first. I don't want Supermans first good movie in years to be the one where he dies

While I like Cavill and his Superman watching the DCU fucking crash and Burn because they were so incredibly fucking stupid they got rid of Superman is such a hilarious thing, Even more so after the snydercut.

Here's hoping they don't listen to the outrage

Superman works well on his own because he's so fucking powerful. Give him equally matched villains and your set.

>DC would rather write out Superman than just pay whatever Henry Cavill asked for
And they wonder why Marvel kicked them in the dirt regarding movies.
Just end the cinematic universe at this point. Joker and The Batman prove DC is incapable of doing crossover movies and just needs to stick to regular movies.

Sneeder's DC movie universe has Darkseid invading well, well, WELL before Krypton explodes

I hate seeing this happen to what was once my favorite character and comic book brand. But you're right. You're absolutely right. They fucked up too many times, they keep fucking up, and they're going to keep fucking up forever until they give up and sell the thing to Disney or Tencent or someone else who knows and actually gives a shit about Superman and the non-batman DC comics world

No. That's just it. Any other answer is cope. You cannot have a DC universe without Batman and Superman.
The DCEU was already marked for death when it ruined both Superman and Batman. The new DCEU will just die in a different way.

Superdaddyfags are retarded and deserve black superman

People said the same thing about the MCU when they didn't have the rights to X-Men.

If the MCU never had Captain America show up, the MCU would still have been very successful without him. Because unlike DC marvel doesn't need to rely on a perfect icon like Superman to be successful because they want to be relatable and human.

holy shit

this

based

Maybe after they eventually call it quits and reboot again in twenty years. They can start with Batman and low tier superpower characters like Blue Beetle and Huntress, and then after they've set up the entire universe. Then introduce Superman to shake things up and lighten up the setting.

Based on what?

Just make a booster gold movie. The plot would be perfect for a film, much like the New 52 Shazam introduction.

The Bible

Marvel is not DC and your "relatable and human" generalization makes zero sense even if we go with the most memed takes on it because Batman, who is just as important to the fabric of DC as Superman, is the poster boy for heroes that are "relatable and human." Superman hasn't some unrelatable slab of perfection in decades unless you think that the character has been written for 80 years as "punch bad guy life good."
DC can still make individual films that work out fine, but when it comes to adaptations of the source material you will butcher them right out of the gate without a functioning Superman or Batman. Imagine trying to do COIE, IC, or FC without Superman or Batman. What a joke.

>Johns' Rainbow Brigade
Yeah, no--gonna suck major shit.

Let's face it, without Superman Luthor's autism would have fixated on someone else. Steppenwolf would have come anyway, Darkseid invaded Earth long before Superman was born.

Spider-Man didn't need to be part of a cinematic universe to be successful. DC could make a standalone movie with b or d level characters without superman being around.

>C could make a standalone movie with b or d level characters
Lol

Are you seriously comparing a DC b or d level character to Spider-Man?!

I mean. the MCU didn't need Spider-Man. The entire thing was built with b and c listers. Why couldn't the DC universe do the same thing without Superman?

Because it started with the Avengers franchise and Spider-Man has never been that consequential to the Avengers. The Avenger's big three have been for a long time Iron Man, Thor and Cap and the MCU started with those three characters. If anything you can do without Widow or Hawkeye.

It was built on RDJ and Favreau making a good Iron Man movie and people enjoying the Cap and Thor movies enough to want to see those characters meet. Everything else pretty much coasted on the MCU's brand because we have had some shitty movies and shows that only get a pass because they have the MCU brand.

Yet people STILL wanted to see Spider-Man to the point Marvel Studios was willing to make nice with Sony and give Civil War pointless ass scenes with him that didn't contribute to the overall story.

There's a rumor that he pissed off a WB exec.

>moustachegate