All I want is for a Batman movie with an actual Robin. Not some 25 year old guy in a caped Nightwing costume...

All I want is for a Batman movie with an actual Robin. Not some 25 year old guy in a caped Nightwing costume, not a 32 year old cop. Why can't we just have an actual Batman movie that feels like the comics?

Attached: Batman-Robin-DC-Comics.jpg (943x500, 112.49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/t4K6Ot3EQcc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

With or without the undies, that's the question.

It’s tough, studios may have you aim the character for kids, but also Robin is in that spiderman tier where just because he was young didn’t define him as an asset

Well he can't just fight crime hanging dong. Obviously with.

Child soldiers aren’t cute when you have a real kid getting beat up.

If the MCU could get away with having a billionaire superhero with an adopted son sidekick then I'm sure they can try the same with Robin.
And as much as I love Alfred he has already been used way too fucking much as Bruce's main sidekick.

because muh realism and muh kids. It's sort of passable when the kid has powers or turns into an adult, but normalfags will bitch about seeing live action "normal" kids doing high level action shit

Because Iron-boy is a SUPERHUMAN Robin is just some gymnast

Eh. But adult Dick as Nightwing is kino.

Attached: Titans_Brenton_Thwaites_Nightwing-1280x720.jpg (1280x720, 165.85K)

Because actual Robin is supposed to be around 14. It works for comics, but it wouldn't work for a live-action movie, the best you can do is someone young-looking like Tom Holland. Also, it would probably require a standalone Robin movie.

Hit Girl was pretty cute to be honest. Even if she grew up to be a fridge. And Spider-Man gets roughed up pretty bad in all of those movies and no one complains

No clothes at all, it's a bold new vision.

The problem is that movies don't work on the same time tables as comics. If you contract an actor for three movie, they will likely come out once once every two to three years. If you hire a 14 year old Robin, he will be Nightwing before you know it. There's this myth that people can't take Batman seriously if he brings a kid into battle with him. I don't think this is accurate. Gotham had a kid batman doing dangerous shit, there's no reason people should be up in arms over a kid Robin. Wouldn't match the tone of the more recent Batman movies, which is another separate problem, but I think it's more a matter of logistics than anything else.

They could probably get away with it if they shot on really tight time frames like the MCU movies do, but WB isn't doing that at the moment.

That's retarded. He at least needs the domino mask to hide his identity

It would work. Very easily. The problem is Hollywood is full of pedophiles & the kid would end up horrible scarred.

They're making a live action tv series with like 10 Batkids right now. It would work fine. It's just a matter of tone. No one complains about Hit Girl in Kick Ass because the movie exists in an exaggerated reality

The tone is a huge issue too. Batfags nowadays are exclusively edgelords with no self-awareness. They will not accept anything even slightly cheerful anywhere near Gotham, but classic Robin was a counterweight to Batman's seriousness, so he's not allowed.

This is true, but Kick-Ass, while not being a full blown comedy, is still a heavily comedic movie. And while I'd argue that Hit Girl is compelling character in her own right, a massive part of what makes her endearing is that she's a little girl who swears like a grown man and murders people with military efficiency. Yes, she's clearly the Robin of her story, but her story is a tongue and cheek jab at the Batman & Robin archetype.

If you removed all of the Millar-isms from the Kick Ass movie, and Hit Girl and Big Daddy were just run of the mill comic book characters, the movie wouldn't work nearly as well and Hit Girl especially would likely be shit on by normies as being unrealistic and corny

>They're making a live action tv series with like 10 Batkids right now.
Nothing CW does is even worth mentioning mate.

>Why can't we just have an actual Batman movie that feels like the comics?
Because we want it to be good.

Attached: Heyoo.jpg (3000x2000, 1.42M)

In fairness, that Batwing is pretty accurate

Why not just read the comics then? Why would you ever want a movie that'll never live up to your expectations? Stop wasting your time and money on shit products that aren't even made with you in mind

>just read the comics then?
>Stop wasting your time and money on shit products that aren't even made with you in mind
I'm not a female or a PoC. Those aren't made with me in mind either

How bad is this show? I think they both look cute.

It’s because Batman is very dark and gritty. It just is weird. Nobody complained about Iron Man and Iron Boy, no one will complain about Captain Marvel bringing Ms. Marvel. But Batman bringing a teenager will automatically sound the alarms because Robin has no superpowers.

Good point, honestly if they depicted a Robin in a gritty way with stakes similar to the first kick ass movie with hit girl, I could see it adopted well. Robin would have to be really close to dying and there would have to be several scenes showing this is something kids should not be a part of.

They got away with it because he was already doing it on his own (and the adult is already presented as not a good role model). Peter's superhuman abilities in the first movie are essentially meaningless as far as the mentorship angle is concerned because Tony puts him in a suit that could solo the entire movie by itself, and he isn't a hero because Tony told him to be.
It wouldn't be hard to do a version of Robin that was already being a reckless asskicker or something similar, leading Batman to intervene.

The kind of people who want a mature serious and adult batman movie (an oxymoron if there ever was one) don't want robin 'ruining' their movie by being less serious than bruce and the bad guys.

If Reeves Batman does that then they should skip past Dick Greyson and go right to Jason Todd.

If Batman willingly puts a child into life and death situations, he stops being a good guy.

Shouldn't they want to see the kino pottery of Bruce seeing his own tragedy replay in Dick Grayson, but as a man and a hero he can intervene, and put the boy on a better path than he was offered?

There's just no room in a 'grounded and realistic' Batman universe for anything supernatural or fun. Even the Arkham games, which were 'dark and violent' knew how to have fun and have Batman fight characters like Clayface and Mr Freeze. But for whatever reasons, the filmmakers at WB just can't make a good Batman movie that isn't completely devoid of the things that made people read Superhero comics to begin with.

Jason is the easiest to fit into a darker tone, but inevitably that will lead to the Red Hood plot sequence yet again. I wonder if that would be good or bad. It hasn't been in a live-action movie, but it has been adapted into other non-comic formats several times in the recent past.

Please kill yourself.

Holy synchronicity user are you me??? I literally just made with nearly the exact same OP! I swear I didn’t see this one before making mine
Like I said in the other thread, every movie portrayal of Batman has been more or less on par with how he is in the comics, but every Robin since the 60s has been a horrible reimagining. If they put a boy sidekick in this next movie, it would actually be something new and different
Thread theme: youtu.be/t4K6Ot3EQcc

Attached: 20A803EA-6188-470B-BF3D-408BB750ACEE.jpg (1170x1630, 882.77K)

The hardcore Batman fans are really insecure man children who are obsessed with making Batman grow up with them. So they go on about him being the 'mature superhero for mature people' and Robin spits in the face of all that just by existing.

He only wears the mask, the boots, the gloves and the cape.

Jason is the 'grim gritty and violent robin' who fits best into the new Reeves Batman universe.

All I want is for Robin NOT TO BE GAY.

Great way of spitting in the face of your core demographic who grew up with Tim DC.

So we can see grim, edgy Batman and death in the family for the trillionth time? If they introduce Robin to show why he shouldn’t exist or just to kill him off I’d rather they not at all. There is no Robin without Dick Grayson. Yawn.

Die. Die. Die. Die. Die.

>two men hanging out in costume
They look gay in live action.

>Great way of spitting in the face of your core demographic who grew up with Tim DC.
Insecure teenage boys who got called homophobic names because they read comics?

teen robin doesn’t work in gritty live action

>So we can see grim, edgy Batman and death in the family for the trillionth time?
I mean. Death in the family is one of the few Batman stories we haven't seen in live action yet.

Comics were cool during and after the 90s my zoomer friend.

Reminder that if you're older than 13 and still want Batman to be grounded and realistic because campy Batman makes you feel insecure then you're officially a retard man child

I want both. I want Batman to crack a fuckin joke every once and a while, but I don't want pure Silver Age bullshittery/all happy-n-smiles all the time.

The two extremes can be balanced into an entertaining character.

Superman fans fill that role nowadays

Really? Every Superfag I know wants the Silver Age Superman back

I want Batman to be grouded and gritty yes. 'Realistic' hell no. Why can't DC just look at the Arkham games? A movie set in a universe like that is what the fans really want. Sure it was 'grounded' in that things got very serious, characters died, and the story had batman suffer loss and barely beat Joker and Scarecrow by the skin of his teeth. But it also knew to have fun with it's setting.

You'll never see Reeves Batman have a fist fight a giant croenenbergian plant monster in Arkham Asylums greenhouse.

It's hilariously awful. So awful that they had to salvage and retool the entire show for season two because the main actress bailed.

There's a big divide in the fans actually. Like half of them actually like Snyders grounded take on Superman. While the other side sees it as a huge betrayal of the character and want him quipping like in Marvel.

There have been, but you don't count them probably because they're animated.

Disregard everyone else ITT, the real answer to your question is Batman Forever and Batman & Robin

That's the most ironic thing. Robin IS the main sign of Batman growing up - that is, moving past his trauma and starting a family. Batfags are manchildren, they DON'T want Batman to grow up, they want him to forever be the brooding teenage archetype, which is something the last Batman movie personified.

DC’s cheap soulless flash animated movies suck, and I’m tired of everyone pretending they don’t

It's great user. You should watch it.

>which is something the last Batman movie personified.
I mean it ended with Batman realizing that whole way of existing just inspires terrible people to be just like him, only worse. You'd think some of them would take a hint.

You'd need to have a big budget animated movie like Spider-Verse. It's the only way you can make a young teenage Robin feel at least somewhat believable, or at least not incredibly stupid.

The fact that they haven’t tried to make a dcu spider verse equivalent is a gigantic missed opportunity.

I mean. There is the Super-Pets movie. But even the trailer for that thing made me cringe.

They can't even properly make a universe and you want them to take a multiverse?

Well Sony didn't have to spend years setting up a Spider-Man cinematic universe to make Spider-verse work. It could work. But with Wbs track record, would it work? Probably not.

>make Luke Fox a skinny nerd (because Geoff Johns’ ideas WILL be used, no matter how shitty)
>still end up putting him in a suit of armor designed for someone with much wider shoulders

Poor Keanu Reeves. Between Matrix Resurrections and Super-Pets WB just seems to go out of their way to screw him him.

Jason doesn't have to lead to Red Hood. His Robin days were already adapted in the DCAU. Jason also has The Cult and Ten Nights of the Beast.

Under the Red Hood doesn't belong in the Reevesverse. Red Hood is too fantastic, even with the Arkhamverse version cutting out the resurrection.

Comic nerds don't want to hear this, but a filmmaker would amalgamate the Robins into one character. We're not getting a huge Brady Bunch Batfamily. Dick's name isn't modern. Jason's name is tainted with the scary badwrong gun violence. Dick and Jason's traits could be grafted on to "Tim Drake", Carrie Kelley, Steph Brown, Duke Thomas, or that new Robin in Batman 89. Bam, Reevesverse Robin.

Attached: DCAU vs Comics Robin2.png (1417x2194, 3.65M)

>Remembuh me?

The problem with the Arkham games is they took the tacticool pill too early. The only game with a close to the comics vibe was Arkham Asylum