What’s the worst message you’ve seen?

Not necessarily comics, episodes or even shows that have bad implications you once think about it, I mean like explicitly stated ones that’s just bad or even dangerous advice. Bonus if it’s from actual edutainment.

Attached: FF230E34-5431-4A9D-862B-7A5024D4020A.jpg (767x594, 316.66K)

The first episode of Owl house

That Steven Universe commercial with Garnet. You know the one.

I haven't watched Owl House, what's wrong with the first episode's message

Attached: 1649085687691.jpg (515x356, 23.13K)

For me it was the concert episode of Proud Family (the og show). There’s probably way more form it since almost every character was a cunt on a good day but this was especially terrible
>“Dijonay, I trust you, I trust you to be the person I can’t trust”
>Penny still stays friends with her anyway
How the actual fuck can you be best friends with someone you can’t trust? Funnily enough the message isn’t bad it would’ve worked great if Penny dumped her ass then and there.

Attached: 296B93F7-11D3-4D19-9B84-E039CA74265A.jpg (381x281, 62.77K)

Basically it had a weird message about not changing yourself, when the characters that were imprisoned, were imprisoned for doing cringey shit and that you should do that activity even harder.

that's just the old be yourself message

>Believe in yourself

Attached: 1648158318597.jpg (500x313, 20.48K)

I remember when I watched Teen Titans go there was a lot of deliberately horrible morals. I get the show was being a parody of shows with real morals but the show was also targeted towards 7 year olds that wouldn't get the nuance. I've seen afterwards they've made a lot of episodes supporting liberal economics and they even made one that was anti-Illuminati so maybe they redeemed themselves. IDK.
One of the examples they used was writing erotic fanfiction about vegetables.

>7 year olds that wouldn't get the nuance
Kids can be quicker on the uptake than people think, I’m and was around that age when I saw it, even then I could tell the heartwarming lesson of the day they were straight selling to me was dumb as hell and blew it off. I know there’s some very impressionable kids out there but when the TTGs narrative constantly frames the titans as clueless at best and jerks at worst, I’m sure they’d put 2 and 2 together and realize they aren’t saying anything worth a listen.

Now something like Caillou, where it’s infamous for encouraging bad behavior to 2-5 year old kids is another story (no clue if they ever took the criticism to task).

At the end of the day it’s up to the parents to raise their kids, not TV.

I don't. You'll have to explain.

I was in the 5th grade when Teen Titans Go came out and even preteens at my school didn't understand the parody.
>At the end of the day it’s up to the parents to raise their kids, not TV.
Wishful thinking.

The Summer Camp Island episode that showed it's okay to mutilate people without consent and get away with it.

Or any hero with a kid sidekick. Child Soldiers are bad.

>129939389#
>I was in the 5th grade when Teen Titans Go came out and even preteens at my school didn't understand the parody.
Were you in special ed?

Or just Faggotverse in general.

She lectures Steven about racist bullying in a very heavy handed way that triggers white American centrists who believe virtues should only exist as a series of unspoken rules so they can avoid all forms on conflict and stay aggressively comfortable while people are being silently oppressed.

>One of the examples they used was writing erotic fanfiction about vegetables.
What's wrong with that?

>conformism is…LE GOOD
>trying anything new is…LE BAD

Attached: A9A34371-4464-4586-860F-6122FBE788C3.jpg (1175x1763, 265.44K)

>Caramels..they get stuck in your teeth

Attached: timburtonwonka.jpg (309x416, 23.62K)

For me it was the episode of Steven Universe where Connie breaks that kids arm and the magical lesson she had to learn was that self forgiveness is the only thing that matters. Fuck that! If you wrong me I dont want you to get over it and feel better, you need to mollify the wronged party. Awful lesson for sociopaths.

Nothing should be erotic in children's media.

>kidnapping is... LE BAD
>identify theft is... LE BAD

It’s about finding passion in your work by not letting work be your whole life. Jack loved the idea of Christmas but his talents weren’t suited for it. In the end he realized that he needed only have a break from the monotonous routine of Halloween in order to find pleasure in it again. Christmas still became a part of his life in the end, which is all he really wanted.

Was the character in the show writing this fanfiction for children?

uh, they are

>it's about being devoted to your given role and doing a bit of consuming on the side to stay sane
Pretty bleak when you put it like that

What's bad about this one?

>in a very heavy handed way
I can already tell who's the blue hair writing this.

It's low-hanging fruit, but the episodes Seahorse Seashell Party and Screams of Silence from Family Guy. The first episode says that it's a good thing to stay in an abusive relationship for your abuser's benefit. The second (the very next episode, mind) tries to play domestic abuse completely straight (probably in an attempt at Emmy bait), but it gets so much wrong, including the message that if you just kill the abuser, everything will be fine.
I know it's Family Guy so it's possible it was all done tongue-in-cheek, but they still sucked at it.

Why would it? It was explicity shown that Jack's naitivity and wanting to pull off Christmas in the only way he knew how had major consequences.

Not so much a message but basically the same thing since the writers appear to be quite convinced that Suyin is completely in the right

Attached: fuck beifongs.png (1802x343, 64.11K)

Yeah Suyin was pretty shit

...yeah. The message was do what you're supposed to or you might fuck everything up. Do you understand what this thread is even about?

If thats what you took from this movie, hot damn dude, its literally about an overworked skeleton losing his passion and obessing over something new and ruining for himself by forcing it on everyone else.

Why do you assume vegetables are children's media?

Attached: 91+CRlJSNRL.jpg (1665x2560, 628.34K)

1) Every flavor of "killing is bad, except nameless henchmen are totally okay to kill, but don't kill the named character". And yes, this does come up IRL. Right now you can find people arguing that assassinating Putin would be immoral but killing his soldiers is not.

2) Even more common IRL: female villains getting away with a slap on the wrist or even completely unpunished while male villains get destroyed. There's so many different flavors this is fucked up, it simultaneously infantilizes women while being obviously anti-male.

You're right in saying that the message was trying to be "Just be yourself" but the way the show puts it, it way to heavy handed in one way or another.

One on hand, you have people who are ostensible weird people who are imprisoned for really just being weird.

Yet on the other hand, these people's people being weird seems to go from just a guy being really short with a shrill voice, to a guy who eats his own spawned eyeballs.

I think the message was originally the "Just be yourself" and the "Its okay to be weird" thing but the show doesn't handle it with much balance and so is basically saying, "The weird thing about you is totally fine and you should vindicated for anyone trying to tell you its weird, to the point of violence."

Its just weird.

There is a good message there; that being you should take your own mistakes so seriously and should try to move on and learn from them.

But the focus too much on Connie side essentially muddled the message a bit.

Except Connie does apologize and make things up to the kid she beat up.
That wasn't even the fucking message of that episode anyway, since it became about Steven bottling up all of his own problems

That Steven Universe episode about a car race where their honor and reputation is on the line, they try really hard to win, then lose fair and square and say LMAO WHO CARES LOL G2G

Like gangsters, obviously

Attached: 1606019726820.png (678x736, 376.64K)

If somebody literally always betrays you, you can predict their behavior with 100% accuracy.

Ultimate Spider-Man (cartoon)
>Intrusive government surveillance is a GOOD thing!
Questionable Content
>OCD can be treated by missionary work

Kill the one, spare the many.

Attached: Wolverine Red Hood.jpg (1200x1200, 214.78K)

Its better for everyone if you die

>never give up. literally. never.
This one comes up a lot. It’s especially troublesome when applied to romantic relationships, but it can be really bad advice in a lot of contexts.

Attached: 56E8DA9B-8C22-4D37-8485-A419223AE581.png (1920x2160, 1.95M)

>Doesn't work
>just gotta believe in yourself HARDER

Attached: mook.gif (767x594, 285.65K)

"Don't be cringe" is an oddly uncommon message in children's media, for how important it is.

>dude just blurt out all your insecurities to your crush
This is NOT a lesson that works in real life. Source: personal experience

Attached: marco_confesses.png (1920x1080, 1.48M)

>your individuality doesn't matter! the majority will always be more important and powerful than you! you should just conform to the majority's opinion all the time!
Sure is a great message to teach.

>supporting liberal economics
Didn't they use conservative examples, though?

She lectures a kid who says interracial marriage isn't allowed when that's something that's been legal for like 70 years now and literally no one gives a fuck about.

Adapting to the do's and don't 's of polite society is a smart thing to do. Sure it's very romantic to say you should always express yourself with 100% authenticity but a lot of the time you'll just make an ass out of yourself doing that and make yourself miserable in the long term.

>female villains getting away with a slap on the wrist or even completely unpunished while male villains get destroyed
While Yea Forums Ousama Ranking fucking pulled this shit in the last episode
>Male villain is literally insane and not in control of his actions. He's a puppet to the main villain
>Gets turned into a ball and entombed in a rock due to being immortal
While the Female villain
>Is the cause of 90% of the conflict
>Started a civil war
>Killed the MC's mom
>Tried to kill the MC's stepmom TWICE
>Imprisoned his brother in his own mind by having their dead dad possess his body
>Convinced the MC's dad to steal his strength
>Turned her wish granting demon friend into a monster
Her punishment for all this is getting to marry the crown prince she imprisoned and being force to tell people not to be evil. Still it's a pretty good show

I guess it implies that children will outgrow their childhood cartoons and not even look back at them with nostalgia as an adult?

It's still a slippery slope because it's unclear at what point your should begin/stop adapting and what societies are good to adapt for.

>and literally no one gives a fuck about.
Coulda fooled me with all the people raging every time they see an interracial couple on this site. Hell there was a law maker who said he thinks Loving vs Virginia was a bad ruling because it was the Supreme Court being "activists

>Be the most obnoxious special snowflake possible and demand that society goes beyond turning a blind eye to your idiocy and instead accommodates you regardless of the damage is causes

annie from aot lmao

Lol, this. Reiner and Bertolt got relentlessly shat on, metaphorically speaking, both verbally and physically yet Annie somehow completely escaped it. I'm currently at the rumbling so unless I'm wrong, she still counts as a good example.