4/13

holiday soon boys and girls are we excited?

Attached: 1622878736193.gif (360x450, 12.99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

homestuck.net/games/browser.html
bambosh.github.io/unofficial-homestuck-collection/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

not really honestly

Attached: karkat.png (1394x700, 127.24K)

No

I remember being excited for it. In light of that, my past self would be surprised at how little excitement I feel now. It really felt like a cosmic, religious thing at the time.

Some incredible art came out of it, so all for the better.

Attached: 322572e93fd8b2ac483528b9df56fb64.jpg (1000x819, 874.2K)

Sure but it's not like their much to do anymore, we have the day but unless your in a dedicated place not much is gonna be different

Attached: 7f2aedb388d75a0c070b7869ee507399.png (583x904, 316.4K)

we can take a trip down memory lane

At least Homestuck 2 was cancelled and the memory of Homestuck won't be desecrated anymore, right?

As far as I'm concerned, that character isn't Homestuck and never will be. It's "Homestuck".

Attached: 1554339147887.png (1280x914, 357.81K)

I'm excited because there's probably going to be a big KGTAC update tomorrow. The only official Homestuck news I'd be pleased to hear is the news of Hussie's death via being eaten alive by the rare Peruvian penis-eating fire ant. And also the entire HS^2 team dies somehow too

Attached: KGTAC POW.gif (650x450, 76.76K)

>we can take a trip down memory lane
that could be nice

Attached: homestuck ending.png (2108x1644, 1.65M)

Oh was it? I haven't kept abreast of that shitshow, how did it die? I remember having mixed feelings about the semi-Hussie written special a few years back, and then it lead into 2.0 and it was pure dreadful.

Attached: 632ba125c3d4045aeb54ed9a93db2d74.jpg (2106x1864, 155.78K)

I mean probably, It hasn't gotten a update in two years and there's been no news about it.

>seeing my little meme snuggled away in this compilation, my one unlikely contribution to Homestuck memetics
A strange pleasure

Attached: da bees are learning.png (626x412, 50.7K)

>KGTAC
what's what? i'd be excited for hiveswap information, also; that's the only piece of homestuck-adjacent media i like.

That's something that's been done for years already, it doesn't really get any better the more you do it.
It's all homestuck, the last line that will ever exist for our little property since HS^2 is god awful despite the nice art in it most of the time and the epilogues are literally just that story but in text alone. Sometimes it's best to move forward than sit in a dark past trying to leach off the original's name.

Attached: Chahut-Maenad-Marsti-Houtek-Chixie-Roixmr-Tegiri-Kalbur-4629468.gif (1000x944, 349.63K)

This isn't Homestuck, I agree with the other guy. It's a disgrace.

Oh so it didn't crash and burn, just sort of stopped. Frankly, when it come to an abomination like HS2.0, expect anything. It could jerk back to life at any moment.

In fact, since technically it is 6 minutes past midnight into the 13th where I am, it may happen any moment now.

Attached: b03a826e703d9d480380f5eb6c537710.gif (601x338, 348.49K)

please don't tempt fate

Attached: aradia-creep.jpg (1072x826, 30.31K)

It's just fine, it's close to how homestuck started, low stakes and variable humor. HIveswaps issue is how fucking linear the whole damn thing is to play and the few honest variable puzzles are incomplete since the game isn't done and possible never will be for a long time. Despite those issues the game is a soulful experience and a nice enough final good bye to it all. I enjoyed playing through both and the little jokes & interactions in both acts.

Attached: tumblr_p09fi9Ftry1qkeetno1_r1_1280.jpg (1280x1209, 203.11K)

what was even so bad about hs2? i didn't personally read it

A fanventure called Karkat Goes to a Convention. Don't get turned away by the name, it's fantastic

The only good thing to come out of Hiveswap Friendism were the troll waifus

I would consider endlessly milking and wanking over Alternian Trolls the definition of wallowing in darkness and leeching (not leaching) off of Homestuck (not the original since there is only one).

Whereas almost anything involving the themes established in the comic, or better just some honest fun in the original mold of MSPA ala Problem Sleuth, early Homestuck and the midnight crew, would constitute moving forward. I'll be here cheering the day that happens.

Attached: 1366473646294.gif (500x458, 423.99K)

two words
dog
dick

Attached: What-could-have-been.png (1475x2793, 506.24K)

this, its fucking awesome. i went into it expecting shlock and got rewarded with feelings somewhat similar to what it was like to read homestuck early-on-ish (as much as you can from a fan-comic anyway)

But I am a Bard of Doom. That is all I ever do, with my wiggling emerald-and-black codpiece.

It took all the worst parts about the Epilogues and dialled them to eleven, removed or toned down the good parts, and partnered it with atrocious artwork. But I say this as someone who couldn't stomach more than the first 30 pages or so.

Attached: 1be051842fa66407552b7813fcc8bd18.png (426x922, 110.5K)

oh yeah i remember that one (faintly). it was pretty funny
i think i stopped reading somewhere around dave? or whomever hooking up with the cosplayer girlie

Attached: 1649200522011.png (677x273, 29.87K)

IIRC, because of the backlash, it's no longer being updated live, but supposedly still being worked on (even though almost everybody working on it has left), and will apparently be released in full once it's completed, with the remaining patreon money being used to pay the team until that happens. Obviously that's pretty doubtful though.

>there's a doom player in the thread
fuck, could have warned us....

The more things change, the more they stay the same eh? It's borderline the kickstarter round fucking 2. I expect something will pop out of that "promise" but it won't properly be anything really. Just another gimmick like those snapchats from the end of Act 7 or whatever.

Attached: 1550439664002.jpg (1382x2078, 378.93K)

Mercifully I am joking, if I'm anything it's a Rogue of Hope. But actual human beings aren't comic book characters, so you really need a top 3 classes and aspect to figure someone out.

I went to Sakuracon in 2014, which could have been renamed Homestuckcon that year for all the fucking Homestuck that was there, so KGTAC is extra hilarious to me.
It was my first con and I was dragging my Touhou loving friend around. Took him to a Homestuck panel.
My god... I wanted to kill myself halfway through and my buddy kept looking at me scared but due to the panel layout we couldn't get up and leave without literally walking in front of everything

It is a mass of LGBT non sense early on and then an even more complicated mess of killing off characters or trying to continue from a point where things were already over. Shit kept getting convoluted through out for no good reason over half the time and that was only around that start where I gave up on it.
The game is fun, it's just linear which makes it a one and done experience for each little act they put out.
It's slow and we're somehow not even on one half of what's supposed to be part of this game's future, we haven't even got a bit of hauntswitch yet so earth shit is on hold. Funny enough there's shit that can only be accessed or done one those are actually out. The big predication for ya is that everything gets better once it's done and sold as one fully two set of games, kinda like how it is for people who read Homestuck after the fact. They come out far less jaded than the onlookers. The game has the humor and design but it lacks in the actual portion of it being a game, the phoenix wright but is one of the better highlights of the game but that's just a whole stolen mini game essentially.

Attached: Chahut-Maenad-Hiveswap-MS-Paint-Adventures-фэндомы-5492063.jpg (1280x1280, 264.01K)

yea I know but it's fun to joke around

Where did Homestuck go so wrong? Craziness of the fandom aside -- I've always wondered why the quadrants didn't catch on to fandom culture in the same way A/B/O did.

homestuck.net/games/browser.html

Have some fun tomorrow with some little time wasters, mainly only the first 2 since they are the only ones I can say aren't so bad to sit around with

Alright started reading it, this image comes to mind

Attached: white_homestuck.png (500x430, 270.61K)

>Where did Homestuck go so wrong?
Hussie had a plan but kept straying from it to spite write at people which lead to him fuycking up the path and track which he kept trying to flow back into without just deleting parts he just did. Ending eventually in him throwing in certain elements like retcon powers to compensate for writing himself into a corner. That's before the whole incident of him taking much of the Hiveswap money to finish homestuck before fucking off and leaving everything for the game in shambles.

>It's slow and we're somehow not even on one half of what's supposed to be part of this game's future etc. etc.
Honestly it's not really relevant. I woulld've accepted the contents of whatever came out of the Kickstarter had it arrived on time, purely because it would've been a fun optional, and if it sucked or whatever then it wouldn't've affected the comic itself. Ditto Paradox Space, which was 90% crap but irrelevant crap.

As it is now, even if everything came out with perfect peachy timing regarding ... whatever it's called, it would still be totally uninteresting. A perfect encapsulation of the worst part of the Trolls, namely the way that they became a carbuncle on the intriguing premise of Sburb and Skaia.

Attached: 0 kT20eFsIYeU3k_tu.gif (400x276, 21.38K)

Fun fact: I own one of those little Terize scalemate hoodies and have senator lemon snout along with a hat and sweater. All honestly good shit I don't regret buying to this day.

thoughts on gamzee?

Dog Dick isn't even the worst part. It's that Rose went behind Kanaya's back when Kanaya would have likely said 'yeah sure' since Trolls and humans can't interbreed apparently so Rose would never become a mother (outside of adopting a grub but that's not the same thing, it's a fucking bug that eats flesh).

So instead of a healthy polyamorous situation we get Cuckanaya and Rose's lust for cock overriding her sense of love for her wife.

So much for being a lesbian I guess?

The faults of the game lie on the fact that the money for it went right back to finishing homestuck and the projected entered fucked over status multiple times(This thing used to be 3D at one point long ago), but the game was never gonna involve the game that had started homestuck cause it was just supposed to be some low stakes comedy adventure. IT was mostly always just gonna be about the 'new' characters interacting and exploring each other's worlds, which was fine by me. It was fairly straight forward about most of that shit even in late trailers, my issues lie on the boredom of gameplay rather than the execution of the concept.

The problem with trying to recreate an actual Sburb and what it connects to are that majority of the rules from OG HS were ill defined past a point and more or less can't fully translate with no questions to the type of game we ended up stuck with.

Attached: 2f83c90c7367ca5a8dadad227624552b.jpg (1280x928, 175.15K)

And while I'm recommending fanventures, I should go ahead and do my threadly shilling of Mr. Tambourine Man

Attached: Mr. Tambourine Man.gif (1200x867, 79.8K)

The answer probably lies in how your first thought about Homestuck's success in the quadrants, itself just a sub-system of the Trolls. There is *so* much to Homestuck that became sidelined and blizzarded under by the Troll arc.

It's not that there's anything wrong with the Trolls themselves, they're well executed archetypal characters with an intriguing alien social and bio structure, and they served an excellent purpose of fleshing out a Skaian session, how it is meant to play out, and as an example of what can go wrong. But most fans, then and now, wouldn't have the foggiest notion what any of that shit meant because they just know the trolls. As if Homestuck is "That Troll comic".

Here's the kicker: Homestuck wasn't huge until the Trolls caused an explosion. It was steadily growing as fans go, but still within vision range of Problem Sleuth. I think MSPA and Andy would've found a comfortable niche by now had the comic not experienced an artificial, deliriating ride on the hype train to fucking no-where.

Remember the Candy JuJu arc, the Tricksters? That's practically what happened to Hussie himself. He unwitting absorbed the attention of the former Hetalia "fandom" once that anime was out of vogue, and crested the wave of early tumblr, with a stupid kickstarter and everything. It was doomed to end badly.

Attached: db2c0d3496b44fdc368b7eea4b55e5dc.png (833x366, 18.81K)

Should have gone after Nepeta first so Equius would have reason to something worthile.

>to spite write at people
Intriguing. I have my notions in this direction, who do you think he was spiting?

I like him, while he did the shittiest of stuff and was fully conscious of his choices I still like the guy and am willing to give him a pass of forgiveness.

It was mostly just criticisms and basic shit between him and the suggestions/community so to speak, he was a very petty guy around that period and it pretty much just wrecked his shit and his plan. All because someone said some shit he didn't like essentially.

He's Stronk and he's Honk :o)

Wait wtf is this shit? Dog dick? Did they make some....
>stops to read a bit of that image
>"YIFFY"
Oh christ I am so glad I stopped reading 2.0.

At the time I would've totally supported the project of finishing Homestuck over the KS - but only purely because I had no inkling as to the waste of personal finances into which Andrew would embroil his own life.

In fact, change of topic but in the 7 or so years since Homestuck ended and now (dear god the time, where is the time), I've learned enough about the world to suspect that Andrew basically laundered the money, and all that stuff about the TOG is just distraction and collusion. I hope that's wrong but I know that could be right.

Anyway, I know for a fact that trying to recreate Skaia/Sburb as a real game is an absurd idea, beyond impossible. That sort of thing is again wallowing in the past, and not moving forward.

Attached: craterdesert_1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 489.22K)

One of the downsides of not having lived the story at its peak is that a lot of the cool merch is not avaliable anymore. I would love a set of the scalemate plushies but the only ones in store are the small ones with a keyring thing on the back, and I really don't feel like dealing with eBay prices.

can't wait for the NFTs

Well, any examples?

Attached: 1501729335817.png (500x156, 9.54K)

>healthy polyamorous situation

No such thing, tumblr goblin.

>suspect that Andrew basically laundered the money,
he pretty much did, it's what happened to most of the money and for a small period the blame was thrown at the Odd Gentlemen about time wasting and money taking to fund another game but then the truth came as Andrew just took most of it to both finish the webcomic and something else I'm forgetting. Everything fell apart like dominos.
>Dog dick?
Jade in HS^2 canonically has a functional dog dong grafted on to her, she's also sharing a body with Callie If I recall right

Attached: Chahut-Maenad-Hiveswap-MS-Paint-Adventures-фэндомы-5467898.png (910x862, 249.92K)

based digits. but not really, no. i think i'm finally mostly over it, a bit of the autism still lingers, but i'm just fucking relieved it's finally dead and buried after the disaster of HS^2 and how bad psycholonials flopped. it feels like a weight has been lifted knowing that the comic's rotting corpse has finally stopped being raped.

Attached: 1537008188643.jpg (500x721, 40.63K)

These sort of plotlines reek of the writer (I wouldn't dirty the word author by applying it to the 2.0 bunch) 's personal hangups and guilty lusts. Shit like this is always therapy for them.

I'd be okay with that if they made their own webcomic, which I could then avoid for the atrocity that it is, or alternatively read in the off chance that it was in anyway original or good. Woody Allen made a career out of expounding his own psych hangups on screen, and it worked because he's actually funny.

But the 2.0 freaks didn't do that, they sneaked and schmoozled and took over an already-existing webcomic. I'm not sure they could ever get fucked hard enough to make up for that rotten fact.

Attached: Land of Coal and Menzies.gif (1280x911, 1.08M)

pretty excited. cant wait for more fanart of june

Attached: roleplay.png (983x4774, 300.51K)

die

That's a bit harder to define since I barely remember most of HS at this point, but you'd be ale to see it around acts where thing hit a drastic to redundant shift. Parts like the introduction of retcon powers, or the more detestable sides of certain parts during Act 6 onward, the spite existed earlier than that but those are easier to see moments so to speak.

The thing that seems pertinent is the idea that either a signficant portion of the outspoken readerbase, and/or individuals of prominence or note within that group, had views and comments that inspired such poor, petty decisions. If you can't think of anything in the comic, then what examples were there from the community?

Attached: 1560947210250.jpg (1158x689, 81.54K)

i have two of the full-size scalemate plushies and i'm very glad that i managed to get them, they're actually very high quality and nice merch to own. my only regret is that i didn't buy the full set but in my defense i was also a poor teenager at the time when they were released.
fucking sucks that they only sell the shitty keychain versions now. part of me hopes that some day they'll bring the proper ones back, but i doubt it since they were probably fairly costly to produce and not enough people give a shit about HS to turn a profit now.

Attached: 1596756642900.jpg (640x640, 107.64K)

I genuinely feel empty after homestuck died. Like, there wasn't any other webseries or series in general that satisfied that part of enjoyment i got by reading homestuck. Even the fandom i miss to hell and back even if it was one of the first insufferable fandoms in the internet, It was my fandom. Even in Yea Forums, i miss when we weren't afraid to post shit here without it getting removed..

Attached: EfcIiU2WkAAlOYX.png (336x431, 50.03K)

>Jade in HS^2 canonically has a functional dog dong grafted on to her, she's also sharing a body with Callie If I recall right
For clarification there are two Jade's for the two timelines, Candy and Meat. Meat Jade got possessed by the dead Callie, while Candy Jade impregnated Rose.

i feel ya. homestuck was an entire experience and there's probably not going to be anything like it ever again -- not with current social/fandom politics and etc.

going to shill this here, too: bambosh.github.io/unofficial-homestuck-collection/ been using it for my reread and it's incredibly comfy

Attached: 1647365857652.png (1920x1080, 1.48M)

Still best boy

Attached: _mmd__ugly_story_by_torinomih_da0orur-fullview.png (1024x2120, 1.25M)

I hate him so much.
He has NO discernable character. He is whatever the moment needs. His motives make no sense. He doesn't give a fuck about rules or the plot. He seems to change personality every time you see him. Sometimes he doesn't shut up, sometimes he's silent.
Why can't he die? Oh because you can't kill the clown. Oh wait, Vriska can, because reasons? Why did he randomly have a relationship with Terezi? Who knows! He's not even a meta character, he's an asspull character. Maybe that's what he is. Maybe he's literally meta asspull the character. Is that why he exists Hussie? Fuck you

Attached: 1606347111311.jpg (356x374, 75.19K)

I have a love/hate relationship with Homestuck. The original 1-5 acts are amazing, and got me to open up to other webcomics. But that eventually got me to reading Bittersweet Candy Bowl, and I hate that drama comic but I can't stop reading it.

you're a newer fan i can just tell

It's been a long time but just think of how autsistc the internet and tumblr was back in that time: Ship disputes, harsh enough critics, actual shitposters who memed on him hard, etc. For a light example Andrew went with the whole template character style partially because people shit on his actual art style, it wasn't the sole reason but it was one of those grander factors in final result.

>Meat Jade got possessed by the dead Callie, while Candy Jade impregnated Rose.
This is a horror comic now

Attached: 1606106655810.png (600x600, 95.46K)

You're pretty green there youngster, you won't last long.

I've been reading since Problem Sleuth fuck off

Attached: what.png (738x689, 638.87K)

I guess I could agree, but it depends on when you define the comic has having "died". That language has always seemed very poor to me, since death is quite a clearcut thing in reality, but everyone has their own idea when it comes to fiction and media.

For myself, I had begun to feel disgruntled with the state of the comic around mid-to-late Act 6, when a lot of plotlines seemed forced, incoherent, out of beat with the rest of the story or indeed each other, and the art seemed to take a hit as well. Things progressed solidly downwards from there, plus an overemphasis on Paradox Space and the shitty kickstarter not going anywhere. The Gigapause confirmed the worst for me, so when the comic started back up as a hollow shell of itself I had no surprises left. I had already "moved on" emotionally.

What is a shame though is the evaporation of the community. It's natural and obvious, but when the post-Gigapause content arrived it just blasted a hole in it. No more threads to discuss speculation, or how to apply Homestuck ideas and wisdom to other things in life. Not even general art sharing, even the trashy stuff.

But I've learned to adapt and move on. It's funny really, because what Homestuck taught me is that its particular appeal, the itch that it scratches, can be found in many places. It was like training really, and now I know where to look for it in other series, games, films, life.

I no longer need Homestuck, so my desire for it is like a comfortable reminder of something from youth. A fond bit of nostalgia for what was an exciting period of my early 20s, for which I am still grateful to Andy Hussie and the more talented members of the team, with no judgement as to its ultimate limitations and failings. That's a real positive end, and thus I'm always free to laugh at the horror show that emerges out of the writhing carcass at the negative end. I welcome anyone who wants to join in.

Attached: 1550435849141.gif (650x450, 11.03K)

Attached: FuckDave18PQ.png (1300x730, 921.04K)

Even though I've grown to despite Hussie, most of the fanbase, and most of the post-Act 7 content, I still can't bring myself to hate Homestuck itself. I'll just look at some fan art and listen to the soundtrack tomorrow.

Attached: 1581737560733.png (2300x1700, 1.36M)

Hussie was so smart and funny, how did things turn out so bad? He was supposed to finish Homestuck and then move on to something even more amazing.

>Gamzee fans latch on to "you must be new" because Gamzee is a shit character
I expect that from Eridan fans but not Gamzee fans, for shame

Right, I see some of what you've mentioned here. Hussie definitely fucked with a number of ships, intitially in a funny and totally open way, but I can see that awful contrived Davekat romance as containing an element of this tendency at its most petty. In that case however a large of part of it seemed to be pandering as well, which is worse as far as I'm concerned.

As for critics, who was criticising the comic all the way back then? In particular, who DARED to criticise Andy's actual art? The dude can draw for crying out loud. I've never seen anyone with colouring as good either.

Attached: 1550426083616.jpg (700x700, 79.95K)