Oh shit, I just remembered that it's 4/13 soon. Local time for me = 7 minutes from now

Oh shit, I just remembered that it's 4/13 soon. Local time for me = 7 minutes from now.

Anyone give a shit about Homestuck anymore? Could something good happen?

Attached: the smaller one is giving you the finger.png (490x653, 53.26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/g0iHRb2TbC8
sbnation.com/a/17776-football
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

hated homestuck back when webcomics were a thing and hate it now

Cool

its only 6:45pm 4/12 for me but I'm happy it is Homestuck Eve!
I wonder if the mods will let a thread stay up tomorrow!
I wonder how long this thread will be able to let go on!
I'm gonna get all my smuppets and scallmates out and PARTY.

its going to be a bit of a bummer when it turns out to be nothing. Can't even give us an official class test to match the aspect one

Yea Forums doesn't give a shit about LGBT authors but I've enjoyed homestuck rewritten/alternate universe so far. at first I thought it would end with their podcast/thought experiment of how they could make hs a more cohesive story seeing at its essentially a first draft written as it went on.

my question is, would people have accepted June if there was ACTUALLY a build up to it instory and not just "someone told hussie about it and he liked it after the fact

>homestuck rewritten/alternate universe
is that the one that leans in strong into Mother 3? like so much so that the monkey shows up?

youtu.be/g0iHRb2TbC8

if they did mention mother 3 I sure missed it.
most of their points boil down to
>age up the characters to 18
>give jade an arc that resonates with turning grimbark much later
>4 acts; roughly, kids, trolls, alpha kids, post-retcon
>for the love of god just give setups conclusion

I was thinking of something on mspfa with a similar name I think

Thanks for making them 18 and removing/reducing a lot of the yikes. Also, love the life spans being the result of capitalism killing them.
So communism, nice!!
June EGGbert!! I fucking love this!
Dave BIder!
Will watch the other half tomorrow.

I like the kids as kids

>>for the love of god just give setups conclusion
It's amazing that this even needs to be said. Hussie got so up his own ass with subversion and meta commentary and anti-climactic deconstruction that he forgot you need to occasionally pay off things you set up.

It's over.

Attached: Huss n Toby.png (2048x1638, 455.42K)

Go read All Night Laundry instead.
- updated every single fucking day with new art for years
- did a retcon correctly -- no horseshit like seeing John's arm the first time you read it
- kept taking reader suggestions right up until the last hundred or so pages
- stuck to the plan, no rug-pulling or compromising vision to appease the author's friends
- no distractions about ripping off collaborators
- finished on both feet, even with an epilogue published a year later

Attached: page_0001.gif (800x600, 22.18K)

Hey, isn't that person on the right freaking Toby Fox, creator of Undertale? Who is that guy on the left? Is he one of his fans or something?

Attached: bqe91sO.jpg (1350x1800, 219.84K)

This is so exhausting. I'm glad I fucked off early on before Epilogues thing.

I fundamentally can't agree with aging the characters up. It causes HS to lose some of its growing up/coming of age themes and it feels like people only want it so they don't feel weird about wanting certain characters to fuck.
June is just plain garbage, obviously.

A large part of the appeal was absolutely being a kid and reading kid characters who talked and (sometimes) acted like genuine kids on the internet. If everyone in Homestuck were a post high school teen/young adult the comic would not have taken off as much as it did.

From the thumbnail I unironically thought Toby was some chick.

People say that Game of Thrones or Attack on Titan got terrible endings, but Homestuck takes the cake

God, imagine if you were an active fan of all three of those things as they happened.
Haha

It was over a long time ago.

Or at least genuine kids on 2009 internet. How the hell would Homestuck even be like if it were made through the lens of the modern internet?

I drew this for a Collab and improvised the background some hours ago lmao.
I love what homestuck is at it's core and I despise what it became, specially everything outside homestuck.
I was fine with the mediocre ending, everything else feels like Hussie trying to kill his craft for resentment or something.
I'm glad everything post canon failed and I hope nothing official ever comes out. I'm ok with Homestuck being kept alive by it's dedicated fanbase.

Attached: RxoyF.jpg (2048x2048, 1.97M)

Told entirely through off-brand twitter, instagram, snapchat and tik toks. Pesterchum was just reskinned AIM, after all.

>Anyone give a shit about Homestuck anymore?
yea
>Could something good happen?
nah

Not a big deal, maybe Homestuck is finally over now.

Attached: 857f50e767ea297bf0a998e2a6b35c73.jpg (540x540, 51.18K)

>setups conclusion
what setups? and don't you fucking dare say shipping shit.

ah fuck off with thsese cunts

If I wanted manchildren to speak with authority about Homestuck despite fundamentally misunderstanding it, I'd have watched Perfectly Generic Podcast, thank you.

Attached: bubble (babyfawnlegs).png (540x284, 4.38K)

fef

Awesome there is already another thread up after the last one died

Genuinely the most slept-on troll.

Attached: Feferi (dename).png (472x750, 193.79K)

Here on Homestuckday before the salty jannie deletes it.

Attached: 1287525596922.png (357x404, 8.06K)

What media can fill the homestuck shaped hole in my heart anons?

Attached: 1628646553651.png (600x600, 95.46K)

homestuck is thirteen years old today.

Have you totally gotten over both Undertale and Worm? If so, then yeah, no clue

Maybe go read Wizardy Herbert and hate Hussie just a little harder for never writing an ending?

Attached: mangrit approaching dangerous levels.png (750x279, 11.87K)

Attached: 05576.gif (650x650, 13.9K)

Deltarune always makes me smile. From Lancer taking out a spade bucket to The Queen just being Condy except she talks like Kanaya.

Those references are just so nice

I am like 99% sure WP won't announce shit and Hussie seems to not even want anything to do with the IP anymore, but the specific idea of Homestuck turning 13 feels like a really big anniversary I almost kind of want them to acknowledge in at least some way.

>no for the last time I'm not Hussie

My eyes glazed over as I read that. Homestuck is as old as it's protag's age.

Fuck.

hi Hussie.

Beginner's Guide to the End of the Universe gives me a lot of good early-HS vibes if you haven't already read it.

Do any of the humans have ears in any of the canon artwork?
No Pesterquest faggots!

no ears, no noses

Jade has two on her head.

>The epilogues came out three (3) years ago
God the Corona has just made time fly

John head done not counting hair anyhow

Attached: 1645855456829.jpg (640x480, 39.19K)

>make the kids 18

Attached: 1648168663027.jpg (229x263, 62K)

As said before, Deltarune and and Undertale are pretty much Homestuck inspired and draw from the same type of humor pool, the thing with Undertale being that Toby didn't really expect it exploding into popularity nearly as it did so he drew major inspiration from popular things he liked (which being 90's JRPGs in the likes of Earthbound, Live a Live and also Homestuck)

Also Touhou, but that one is obvious.

It's nothing like HS but Malazan filled a similar hole

Fuck you and kill yourself. Your cult ruined Homestuck.

Why do all Homestuck either looks like freaks or write and draw exclusivly about freaks?

You should honestly feel bad that Homestuck still occurs to you enough to make this thread. Hussie murdered it so thoroughly that I suspect he did it deliberately just to spite his absolutely hateable fandom.

Image if the Condesce doted on John like he was her John.

The fandom sure did their own part in it. Hyperfixated on the Strilondes, LGBT shit everywhere, art scene is filled with freakshows and anti-fetish images, the fanfiction scene is not any better, and overall the fans adored all the shit the comic criticised.

The only good thing out of HS is the old art and the "Heirem" stuff (John/all girls, rule63 included).

iirc correctly they mention that 18 would be a better fit as that's when US teens go thru the whole college application ordeal, which resonates more with the "coming of age/growing pains" aspect, and could be mirrored with the trolls' military conscription

What made early homestuck good?
What made later homestuck bad?

Attached: 1634129844864.png (988x397, 45.59K)

Nah, this is definitely not better. The story hinged on the fact that they were all young teens on the pre-2010s internet that actually felt like it. When you age them up the theme of growing up is distorted and it becomes something else. I’m fine with them being 18 post retcon but not before

The other things people said are good, but NOTHING gave HS vibes as much as 17776 and its even better sequel 20020. Seriously, the couple of weeks when they were coming out were magical, even down to the upd8 rush. It's a really special experience, and I can't wait for the third part to come out.

See for yourself, read this article if you want to know more:
sbnation.com/a/17776-football

huge influx of new and irrelevant characters to preestablished interests. 12 trolls were enough to stretch our ability to care, let alone everything fucking doubled. death not mattering an ounce didn't help either, nor did the shitty text walls or the schizo time travel being less failing to be based like PS and just being a confusing, unentertaining pace

and also the pacing. when the finale came out I barely had HS in my brain as a concept

it was just plain shit on most fronts

>early good
Video game pretext and fun
>later bad
ship pandering

Merry Homestuck you cursed assholes. I'll never forget the memes and the music.

Attached: 5251.png (500x353, 158.41K)

Why do you think?

Attached: tumblr_logl6rNOH21qzzsolo4_500[1].png (500x388, 171.76K)

perhaps. one thing I did notice, I don't know which video they mention it in, but there really should have been group chat pesterlogs. the AIM aesthetic was much more of a 90s influence on Hussie, but by 2009 you'd think the kids could communicate more freely than having to say "hold up I gotta take this" every time vriska or karkat were chewing their ears off