OK KO is one of the cartoons ever made

OK KO is one of the cartoons ever made.

Attached: Screenshot_2021-03-18 Kaio Kincaid.png (341x433, 135.15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/ianjq/status/1394117641623592966
twitter.com/absoliutely/status/1433154064938766337
soundcloud.com/mintpotion/okko-music-ep-051-hope-this
750312.tumblr.com/tagged/ok ko
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No argument there.
/thread.

Yes, it certainly is a cartoon.

Yes, that is correct.

Attached: President of the Universe.jpg (2048x1536, 360.46K)

This show would work better a some comic.
I think it got charm, just not animation chops to be a straight up cartoon.

Attached: 1502253252644.jpg (1280x1049, 144.83K)

For once I agree with OP

Fuck you I liked it

it being essentially an animated webcomic is exactly why it was so amazing

This user gets it.

Attached: ok ko hbo max.jpg (4096x2287, 2.9M)

Very

it was solid.

Yeah I loved it. While I would've loved for OK K.O.! to become Cartoon Network's next big hit, I can admit it had a good run. They still owe me that Hue Troop miniseries tho

Attached: It's Only Magic.jpg (1200x674, 142.31K)

>They still owe me that Hue Troop miniseries tho
That poster wasn't fanart?

Nope. It was a planned spin-off that the network passed on:

twitter.com/ianjq/status/1394117641623592966
twitter.com/absoliutely/status/1433154064938766337

Attached: Christine Liu.jpg (700x1004, 109.83K)

As much as I would want a Hue Troop spin off, I can understand why they passed on it. I, for one, have no faith in Ian's writing ability. It probably would've ended up like Steven Universe where it's marketed as an action show but it's mostly just the girls dealing with SOL bullshit.

Attached: Black_Strategy Hue_troopers OK_K.O.!_Let's_Be_Heroes Red_Action ValQuex.png (1300x1250, 388.44K)

man the new bodysuits are good

>marketed as an action show but it's mostly just... SOL bullshit
Steven Universe was both. It had tons of action sequences, but the core of the show was always to explore trauma, familial conflict, mental health, and relationships (both romantic and platonic). The Crewniverse never shied away from what they wanted out of the show, but way too many fans fooled themselves into thinking it was some space epic strictly focused on a galaxy-wide war that'd end in one big battle. It's no surprise that CN would emphasize the action part of the show to try and attract their target audience first and foremost, but even they still put plenty of focus on the sillier, more mundane antics of the characters.

In the end, Hue Troop would've been a series from Ian JQ (the dude who literally left SU to go make a more action-heavy cartoon) and Mira Ong Chua (the board artist behind some of OK K.O.!'s most epic action sequences with plenty of anime influence). Their collaboration paired with the shorter miniseries length gives me faith that they would've done everything in their power to make it feel unique from its source material; even the development art hints at that. You should WANT a spin-off to feel different from its source material. Otherwise, just keep that shit in the original show.

Attached: fragments.png (1914x1598, 3.78M)

Shame on you for doubting based Ian's writing ability, but good on you for recognizing Best Girl.

Attached: Black Strategy.png (642x651, 115.31K)

I miss him so much. What absolutely stung was how I didn't even know the show was ending until 5 months after the finale aired. Aghhh goddamnit

Attached: 0189EB8A-C901-4012-BF02-1027B93BF1A4.gif (600x338, 1.99M)

>What absolutely stung was how I didn't even know the show was ending until 5 months after the finale aired.
That was me with Apple & Onion...

I'm honestly surprised you didn't realize that was the OK K.O.! finale, though. They weren't exactly beating around the bush there. It was made pretty clear.

Attached: thank you for watching the show.jpg (1770x1429, 164.95K)

my cob that line art is mouthwatering

How OK K.O.! managed to get caught in the crossfire of the Warner/AT&T merger and failed to become CN's new cash cow is beyond me. There is literally no reason it shouldn't have run for at least six full seasons. CN should've protected it at all costs.

Attached: Pint-Sized Punchin' Tiny Boxer.jpg (1920x1080, 491.29K)

I'll never stop thinking about her...

Attached: Big Cosma.jpg (1264x1824, 280.74K)

It was garbage and deserved to be cancelled. I guess executives really do know what they're doing.

Attached: I will always use this forever.png (211x120, 18.7K)

KO was really released at a bad time as he got jewed out of his scheduling and advertisement

>everyone mourns OK KO’s cancellation
>proceed to ignore Mao Mao and allow CN to get away with stashing that show under a rug
What is with Yea Forums and Twitter's Disney obsession? I see The Owl House and Amphibia spammed constantly, but absolutely nothing for cartoons from other networks. I'm not even sure that many people are aware Craig of the Creek's gonna be premiering new episodes daily for the next two weeks. Is Disney all you guys know??

Attached: Disappointment to our Fathers Olympics™.jpg (953x530, 43.76K)

This. Lost potential, could have took COTC's place as a mascot if they had their shit together.

Is there any art of post fusion KO?

Its nice to hear that other people liked the show as much as I did. I recommend it to everyone, I got a friend to watch it and she's been loving it.

1. OK K.O.! died because of bad timing. It came out too early to benefit from streaming, so it had to suffer under Cartoon Network's experimentation with binge release TV schedules and piss-poor advertising.

2. I have no doubt a big part of Craig of the Creek's support from the network comes from CN wanting to pat themselves on the back for having an African American protagonist and plenty of LGBTQ rep. I love CotC, but I can see right through CN's clear favoritism. How did it end up being the one to live out all the other shows that came out around the same time? This whole ordeal feels shady as hell.

Attached: a moment of silence for those we have lost.jpg (930x524, 145.11K)

That's what I like to hear. As long as new people can still discover the show and fall in love with it, then I can't be too bummed. Just wish the amount of new fan art these days reflected that.

Do you or your friend have any favourite characters or episodes?

Attached: best friends.png (2100x2550, 1.16M)

None that I've seen. But have a cute KO x Dendy drawing while you're here

Attached: DrawingLizzie.jpg (2048x1469, 305.44K)

I'm such a huge fan of the show that my favorite character changes by the day, sometimes its Fink and sometimes its Enid and sometimes its just KO. I can truly say I have something to love about every character and the only one I dislike is Brandon.

For my favorite episodes, I'm drawn toward Rad and Enid focus eps, Second First Date and Special Delivery really stand out because I love their relationship and Enid getting called out for being a bad friend really resonated with me, as someone who's been in Rad's shoes with that kind of friendship. My number 1 has to be "We're Captured" though, just back to back slam dunks of good jokes.

On a side note, I think "Hope this Flies" has the best OST out of all of the episodes.
soundcloud.com/mintpotion/okko-music-ep-051-hope-this
The sad racing theme from when Rad's van gets blown up at about 2:10 is just so good, I feel like I'm the only person around talking about how out of this world the show's OST was, they got Virt AKA Shovel Knight/Shantae's musician on the show, like come on.
>Just wish the amount of new fan art these days reflected that.
There's a good amount of new fanart but you have to go to Tumblr and its like 80% Venemous/Boxman. I love to see it but I know its not everyone's taste.

Attached: 1600367880541.jpg (500x508, 120.19K)

>the only one I dislike is Brandon
Filtered.

Attached: bad influence.jpg (1127x665, 111.52K)

I just can't forgive what he did in "Know Your Mom" even if that was central to the whole plot of the episode.

Cope, The Mouse wins every time

Attached: sprig.png (452x345, 248.62K)

Special Delivery is such a good episode. Rad & Enid's dynamic really was one of the coolest parts of the show. And I'm not sure if you were there for the original talkback threads, but I remember Yea Forums always praising We're Captured as one of the funniest episodes, so you're also onto something there.

No idea people still used Tumblr…

Attached: 1531141681205.gif (480x270, 2.83M)

>No idea people still used Tumblr…
Tumblr is weird right now because while a ton of people moved to twitter, a very large chunk stayed on the website and its cultivated this weird culture of being an underground social media site before the current age of social media, and its much better for artists than Twitter since it has an actual tagging system.
750312.tumblr.com/tagged/ok ko
Here's a big favorite artist of mine, so much art just waiting to be found.

Attached: tumblr_pakyj1jCEM1tqlh5lo2_1280.png (1280x1024, 643.46K)

>not posting your art on both Tumblr AND Twitter
Why do artists always do this

Attached: 1530599611762.jpg (1242x1242, 194.83K)

1. Twitter fucking sucks
2. Tumblr is way better for posting art since Twitter crunches your files, has no tagging system (hastags are garbage), and doesn't allow for more than 4 uploads at a time

t. artfag

Even then, you lose nothing from posting on both platforms. Just tweet your art and dip. Don't even need to try and follow your Tweet's engagement or anything; if it works for the algorithm, then cool. If not, that shouldn't bother the artist since they'd still just be focusing on Tumblr instead. But making your work available on Twitter as well could be potentially helpful and it might even spread your art a little more. I'd post on both platforms if I were pumping out art.

Attached: 1602814306909.png (589x812, 175.27K)

>That image
>Reminding me of the episode we were robbed of

Attached: 1611536405444.gif (272x281, 1.99M)

>It had tons of action sequences
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
nice joke.

Ian never gave us any additional info on this, did he?

No he did not. I don't wanna be the one to bother him about that, but it did irk me that he never followed up on what he promised us. HBO Max just seems interested in more Adventure Time, so Ian might as well share some of the Hue Troop ideas they were cooking up.

Attached: 1608364371039.png (447x457, 217.7K)

>action show but it's mostly just the girls dealing with SOL bullshit.
So anime in nutshell? No wonder why SU is so successful

>action show but it's mostly just the girls dealing with SOL bullshit.
That's literally every cartoon hero show that isn't an adaption of a capeshit comic. Danny Phantom, MLAATR and Kim Possible were basically that.

>You should WANT a spin-off to feel different from its source material. Otherwise, just keep that shit in the original show.
This is what I can respect about We Baby Bears. I have no interest in watching the show myself, but I appreciate that they made it feel as unique from the original series as can be, with magical elements and a completely different art style. With a spin-off, you're not necessarily tied down to one specific canon, so I don't mind the creative liberties they ended up taking with the overall premise. Makes for a more interesting show at least.

Attached: We Baby Bears.jpg (1639x2048, 383.67K)

YOU FIGHT TILL THE END

Mao Mao was too good for this world.

Attached: file.png (500x500, 360.15K)

>was
CUT OUT THAT DEFEATIST ATTITUDE RIGHT THIS SECOND. IT AIN'T OVER TILL IT'S OVER. MAKE MORE MAO MAO THREADS AND TRY SPREADING THE WORD ELSEWHERE ONLINE. I WON'T GO DOWN WITHOUT A FIGHT.

Attached: 1566921131958.jpg (640x641, 17.64K)

Yea Forums doesn't give a shit about anything except underage lesbians. Sites like twitter and tumblr were its only hope to spread and Im gonna be honest, I think Parker shot himself in the foot in that regard. You probably know why.

I was always afraid of watching Mao Mao on the chance that I enjoy it but then have to face the reality that it's dead.

Coward. I binged all of Venture Bros. right after it was announced to be cancelled, and look at my reward. If a show is good enough, you shouldn't be that bothered by it possibly getting cut off on a cliffhanger. You'll still get enjoyment out of what IS already there.

Give Mao Mao a try. It's a fun show.

Attached: Long-form special.png (651x842, 51.84K)

I’ve noticed a distinct lack of Carol in this here thread

Attached: Prom Carol.jpg (1316x1350, 186.03K)

She deserved so much better

Well yes

Amphibia feels like it belongs on CN anyway.

Fucking hell, i remember when Tumblr was considered terrible for art. It's depressing how standards are constantly lowering for you people.

Bruh you can't name big name artists who operate exclusively on tumble. There's a reason most pro artists moved to twiiter.
Several artists gained massive numbers on twitter just from drawing Spinel during the hype