Comics defy story telling conventions and have elevated their characters and their stories well beyond green anime guy...

Comics defy story telling conventions and have elevated their characters and their stories well beyond green anime guy carrying strange evil power anime girl on his back this month. There is a reason we will still be talking about Hercules, Batman and Spider-Man in 100 years but nobody will remember Demon Slayer Guy

Attached: legends never die.jpg (809x455, 121.63K)

>comparing corporate owned ip's to hercules
do american's really?

>ip's
>american's
Yes, why do you?

Hercules exists in Marvel and DC

Anime is corporate too retard.

Pokémon, Dragon Ball and Naruto will be remembered. Not on the level of Batman or Superman but it will be like on a Gertie the Dinosaur level. Pokémon might be on that level, at least Pikachu

They are just remembered because they keep pumping them to the point of saturation. That's why the MCU cannot stop, because once they do, it's dead in the water.

What if I like American, European, and Japanese comics? Why is it always a competition.

Americans are indeed retarded, so yes.

They said the same of Zorro, Lone Ranger, and the Shadow.

Comics have better storytelling than those.

Demon slayer of course not but thing like Gundam, GITS and Dragon Ball, still have a strong legacy and let’s not even bring video games into the discussion

It won't be long in the grand scheme of things til Batman and Superman will have been published for a century straight, those characters only had a few decades at most and weren't ever at the center of pop culture like DC and Marvel heroes have been.

>still have a strong legacy
kek, no they don't. they're as flavor of the month as demon slayer.

Dragon ball lasted more than a month…Also come on I thought you were serious for a second but it seems you are only baiting

Yeah, the reason being that the characters are corporate owned and will never go away. There'll be a shitty Batman comic every month until capitalism dies whereas anime characters just end their stories and leave it at that.

Okay, this is an obvious bait thread. I'm sorry I took the OP post seriously.

>whereas anime characters just end their stories
lmao

But he's right.
Demon Slayer's story has already ended after a little over 4 years.

Still seething over my bait a week later I see? Why are anime fans so insecure? Demon Slayer is great, I just love the story of a mysterious cute innocent girl being carried on the back of our green hero. It's just so original and kino

Attached: 71AwyWZQTLL._AC_SL1000_.jpg (1000x888, 144.71K)

and now it's been forgotten

>mysterious
What's so mysterious about Nezuko?

In terms of how the stories are told and how the character will be remembered it's an apt comparison. At least apt enough to make some Yea Forumsfags seeth

evil demon stuff

Attached: 1356932273562.jpg (285x298, 67K)

This! Yea Forumsfags are seething over how comics manage to make such an impact.

It's true; no one cares about Demon Slayer.

Fuck man I like comics you one of those guys that people laugh at when they say that Marvel is the American Odyssey

Have you actually read Demon Slayer or do you just come up with random bullshit to bait random autists.

Not what I am implying

I only read half of it, felt like I read it before so I stopped. Just not that much into modern Shonen crap because it's all the same, only one I read is One Piece

Nta but what’s your point? I am pretty sure Mario is more well known than any comic character

>Nta but what’s your point?
Bait

Sorry user, but no one cares about comics anymore.

Attached: Screenshot_20220410-194233.jpg (1056x1225, 354.36K)

Comicfags literally malding over Japan's superiority never gets old

Attached: lf65smq5opa71.jpg (520x520, 33.09K)

So is the next My Hero movie going to crack 2 Billion?

Attached: images.jpg (275x183, 6.68K)

As if Yea Forums is any less insecure; half the East vs West threads originate here and 60% of the time it's anons bringing anime up out of nowhere first.
I rarely ever see Yea Forumsutists bring up western animation or comics in the same manner and attempts at east vs west get deleted.

OH NO NO NO NO

No but pokemon will still sell more :)

I think at this point people care more about the select characters more than their actual source material.
Think of the hype of them bringing back Tobey SM and Defoe GG. It's more than the people who bought the latest SM book.

Yea Forums has jannies

>comicfags need movies to stay relevant

Comic characters have ascended far beyond books, they are universal and timeless

I'll take that as a no

Then why didn’t superman stop the russian attack?

I don't know about that, the MCU is losing steam and only picks up when it is a particular character involved (Like Spiderman) or there is a big tentpole movie.

It's more about nostalgia than the characters really.

user it's pretty dumb to try argue about sales in a different medium when talking about comic sales. No Way Home had the advantage of also drawing two different generations of nostalgia in Spider-Man movies, something future SM movies won't live up to.

So you're a retard who has no idea what he's talking about, got it.

We were talking about characters, it's pretty dumb to fall back on sales in a medium like books in current year

>oh no my already forgotten book was given a fair shot

>oh no my already forgotten book
Demon Slayer is still relevant thanks to the anime though. Why are people forgetting that?

>relevant
>Why are people forgetting that?

Not our fault you're a retard user.

>It's just so original and kino
Capeshit isn't original or kino user, stop being a surface level bitch and read something besides OP.
>inb4 not all American comics are capeshit
That is true and not all manga is shonen shit. Expand your horizons.

The OP was talking about demon slayer, stop getting so defensive. It's ok to seeth and cry, just do it on Yea Forums, I will be there discussing books too

>The OP was talking about demon slayer, stop getting so defensive.
How was that even close to defensive?

Attached: FBa5mdxWUAUd9zO.jpg (1024x585, 88.9K)

Woah! No need to get so emotional, hormones kicking in or something?

Attached: tumblr_a3fe5f4db70cedabeb48a201f33c0675_cd42789c_1280.jpg (788x1200, 133.79K)

>comicfag
>accusing others of seething and crying
>acting like he actually talks about books

Reminder that Achilles was Homer's IP and not a real myth, but he's spoken of in the same vein as Heracles.

>we will still be talking about Hercules, Batman and Spider-Man in 100 years
Yeah, we'll being talking about how shitty their stories are and how they only make money through blackrock investments. Cope harder dumbfuck, anime is winning

Weird how hard people force this tranime meme when most of the comics and cartoon industry are filled with gender specials.

I accept your concession

Attached: 889.jpg (1024x436, 121.66K)

>e there discussing books too
What does that mean?

>It's more than the people who bought the latest SM book.
To be fair, the latest Spidey book was got garbage.

No it isn't shithead. Anime is written by individual creators telling an unimpeded story. Comics are written by corporate decrees too cowardly to not make the same plot for the 500th time

Most big two comics* are written by corporate decrees. Manga is just a type of comic btw

He's being a internet funny man. Apparently this is considered master bait on Yea Forums.

>Still seething over my bait a week later I see
Which one?

>unimpeded
>except for the fact that it's 90% filler

OP is my reply to a previous thread where he got assblasted

It means I post on Yea Forums retards, not everything is some weird competition

Which thread? We can't keep track of every single post on anonymous image board. This is why it's so stupid to "claim bait".

>corporate owned ip's
>100 years

this is why y'all need to push back on corporations trying to fuck with the public domain laws.

if you let them keep fucking around, they will still own Batman in 100 years