Do you enjoy it?

Do you enjoy it?

Attached: DE61A514-987D-4CBF-A148-1A0DE752423B.jpg (549x680, 132.83K)

Yes but everytime they try to do it they end up regressing it immediately.

Yes.

Any good examples of this?

Sometimes, depends on the character. It's a very thin line between corruption arc and character assassination.

For me it's less about seeing them become worse versions of themselves, and more about seeing their good qualities endure through the hardship. People become better or worse because of their circumstances, which is why good hero/villain stories often play up their similarities (and why shit stories push it so hard that it completely misses the point).
When a protagonist gets beaten down, at their lowest point, it's that thing that makes them the center of the story, be it a dream, belief, or relationship, that helps them come out alright on the other side. Whatever that thing is should tie into the overall themes of the story, and a corruption arc tests the value of that thing by a character's ability to hold onto it despite everything. The character fails when they can't hold onto the idea that supported them for even a second longer, at which point they suffer some tragic fate as a result, either dying or becoming a new character, for better or worse.

Attached: ea057c02a0866ef670cc85727a526f4009216d2d_00.jpg (512x298, 24.02K)

and then they get healed with a hug and it's like nothing happened

Is Nuzlocke still dead?

This is the most boring thing you can do, good characters are interesting because they are good. This is why evil superman doesn't work

This is absolute kino.

This but they're females

>character snaps
>realizes how immature his reaction is and how is actions have caused more harm than good
>immediatly regrets it and comes back to his normal self
>other people realize they pushed him too far and don't hold a grudge towards him
>both work together in order to rebuild their shattered relationship while also repairing the dmages they both caused in the conflict
this is the only way to properly put this. everything else is an edgy self wank

Attached: c29c11f685da77152e7ffbeb913f8271.png (324x328, 136.75K)

Nice

Attached: Stevie.jpg (499x796, 90.81K)

>protagonist corruption arc
>not protagonist depression arc where the protagonist gets more and more depressed as the series goes on

Attached: 48396484-EE36-480D-B7BC-A2E227C82759.jpg (500x445, 124.59K)

What are good Yea Forums examples of this? I can only think of shounen stuff

can you name the shonen examples? OP just sounds like fanfiction

The problem is most things that do this fail to do it organically. When you can make it feel organic and earned, it’s one of the best tropes, but it usually falls on it’s ass otherwise.
Tony Montana, for instance, embodies this trope. In the beginning of the movie, he’s a slightly scummy yet ambitious figure who sees through a lot of society’s bullshit around who is and isn’t considered a good person. This causes him to be able to bend the rules of morality in pursuit of his ambition
By the end of the movie, he’s taken this philosophy and ridden it so far to it’s extreme that he killed his best friend and his sister. He faces a moral line he refused to cross and loses his advantage. Yet at the same time he died proving his point.
It’s all organic. It’s all earned over the course of the film, and there are all kinds of questions and discussions that could be had about the corruption and eventual downfall
Comics never pull off an organic corruption, it’s never a well established trait, it’s always some contrived super tragedy to kickstart it. Thus, it always feels inorganic, unearned, and doesn’t really have anything interesting to say about the character.

fpbp

That's basically what Game of Thrones was supposed to be, though that's Yea Forums related. Instead you just had some mad dash for the exit so the showrunners could go make Star Wars.

Evangelion.

Tokyo Ghoul

kino

what if the whole show is the corruption arc?

Attached: questionmark.jpg (948x694, 247.31K)

Yes

Attached: Krass.jpg (654x810, 70.98K)

worst example, fuck off

Bonus points if he snaps for justified reasons at everyone and everything (usually due to people either being dicks or not telling him everything).
Optimus had a hard life...
The most irritating thing about her is that if she waited a moment longer then she wouldn't have teamed up with Skeledong. Also betting that when Skeletor rezzes her parents, it will be as undead.

Best one

She was a ticking time bomb either way, it's not like Skeledong would just be like ight imma head out

Aye. Now let's see how S3 will handle her and the whole situation.

What I get from this thread is that this is essentially a power fantasy trope for when people want to just self-insert as their favorite characters and dunk on every other character's perceived misdeeds to their waifu/husbando/role model. This is basically making a character a super powerful super ruthless super badass Mary Sue and repeatedly trying to bash into your potential audience head "MY FAVORITE CHARACTER IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE OTHERS!!! CAN'T YOU SEE???" Indulgent, petty and worthless for anyone who happens to like any other character.

I rather like it when the character is pushed around a lot and is shat on often for the smallest things while others don't if they cause the same mistakes. Then them snapping and unleashing utter annihilation is very justified.
It was never part of some MS bullshit. It can be done right.

People that like those characters can be the most annoying. I dunno what it is, but they always go too far and annoy other fans.

nope it's just my fetish
erosion of morality implies erosion of sexual morality, and that makes my peepee hard

Let's be honest, corruption arcs almost never happen with characters that actually need it, and those that could use the thrashing from seeing the other side of snowflak-ism almost never really take the hint, the only purpose is usually the already fucked character themselves.
A lesser example of this in capeshit is very much Hank Pym, even the movies only nudged that incident from being literally the only thing he's know for even slightly.

Crossing my fingers everything goes right
Then Stratos spin-off because why not

Attached: He-Man-Season-2__scaled_800.jpg (800x614, 79.04K)

Why do zoomers only think about plots in terms of what tropes they use

Nah it’s cool

I wanna see examples of this.

Season 3 of ReBoot may be of interest to you

I wrote a story about a vampire hunter who gets seduced and corrupted by a vampire lord and converted into a vampire who is then sent to hunt her former vampire hunter clan

Attached: 7fe.jpg (600x600, 36.76K)

Corporate media

But it's cringe when it happens to the protaganist.

Cool.

>Corruption
Cringe.
>Purification story about turning evil people good
Based.

Attached: kerbi.jpg (167x132, 4.87K)

Only women write about vampires in the 21st century.

This is why women should be kept away from vampire hunting, as soon as Dracula sparkles they're ready to betray the human species.

Protagonist Corruption >>> VIllain Redemption

Cause thats all moden plots are. Just stupid tropes people got from that damned website. Think about all these story writing youtube channels user. They all fucking just read off tv tropes and then post the video. Now imagine a little zoomie growing up surrounded by people regurgitated the same gunk from tv tropes.

Yes. And when they turn back I'm ALWAYS Disappointed. Thats why AOT is good, Eren is allowed to change.

>Thats why AOT is good, Eren is allowed to change.
Who's gonna tell him?

I really like this trope, but it seems to be rather rare in official stuff. (not fanworks)

I like the protagonist being corrupted if there's a purpose to it that is still tied to the character's morality. Jason Todd, Jordan Parallax, and Arthas come to mind.

Attached: DAMMIT HAL.png (862x698, 467.99K)

Tell him that he's based and correctpilled

I would but I don't want that

>TMNT 2003, Season 4, Leonardo
And
>Xiaolon Showdown, Season 1, Raimundo
Are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Attached: xiaolin_kids_by_VirusGarura.jpg (1036x514, 419.24K)

Half the people here would do the same if a reasonably attractive vampire girl gave them attention a real man convinces her to turn good, consume donated/animal blood and fight against the evil vampires to make up for the people she killed

Sounds like literally me.

>Hero is forced to mercy kill his mortally wounded friend.
>Friend apologizes to hero, but he’s in so much pain and he doesn’t want a slow death
>Hero complies, but you can see the complete horror in his eyes as he loses one of his most closest companions

Melodrama. Edge. Tragedy. Call it whatever you like, I love this shit

Attached: 2301909E-4976-493F-B60F-1DA0E6615582.jpg (1284x1844, 1.64M)

Wouldn't the animal blood kill them? or turn them into animals since they need human blood to maintain their humanesque forms

I'm trying really hard to keep it Yea Forums but the only example I can think now is Hawk from Cobra Kai, except for the last season.
Yes I'm a zoomer, bring it on with all you got.

UnOrdinary.

Attached: snip from webtoon.png (802x858, 1.15M)