Why did The Casagrandes fail?

Why did The Casagrandes fail?

Attached: 1645298591956.jpg (1278x752, 399.39K)

unrealistic for ronnie anne to not turn into a cheap street puta like her cousin

How do you do fellow Mexicans the show

Kids probably couldn't get attached to the characters. The only good characters were the Santiagos and Sid, while the Casagrandes themselves were very dull. Carl was only okay when he was paired with Adelaide who would keep his annoying attitude in check.
I hope Bobby survives the cancellation somehow, but I'm not sure what their plan is.

Attached: 1611673117552.png (331x610, 333.09K)

As a non Mexican how would you pander to Mexicans without coming of as dishonest?

make them be a familly of mariachis.

>how would you pander to Mexicans
Mucha Lucha

Literally make it as much racist as you can.
And probably try to hire Molotov for the soundtrack

The characters just weren't interesting enough

Girl Jordan isn't even friends with Lincoln, she's also barely a character

Hire Mexicans (I suggest Jorge R. Gutierrez) to do it for you

a good dose of wife beating and children getting shoe slapped whenever they got noisy would have been kino

She somewhat filled the niche of Lincoln's token female friend before Stella was introduced

The showrunner is Latino, but he got hamstrung when the network forced him to work with a cultural advisor.

Opposite of TLH Syndrome

>family is all boring
>friends/sides are more interesting charactrers
>main character actually loses personality as time went on

This, racist jokes are hacky and overplayed, but I love them

>Violent Drug Smuggling Banditos who sometimes perform Aztec like ritual sacrifices to Jesús Malverde

Sure why not

>cultural advisor
I refuse to believe this is a real job.

Attached: da3527d32c739cda27c71903cd8880b9.jpg (960x583, 51.99K)

Unironically this. Mexicans love stereotypical takes on their culture and hate it when people try to make it subtle.

Just see what happened when white Americans tried to censor Speedy Gonzalez for being racist... who defended and made sure they leave him alone? Mexico.

I would love this!

You'd probably need a "cultural advisor" if you were portraying some obscure indigenous culture, in all fairness. Casagrandes isn't that kind of show though.

>buenas dias Lincoln amigo, please give me something wayyyyyy icey like only you gringos can make

Let's be honest, not even Latinos wants to watch the same show as the original but with unappealing shitskins on TV
>t. un latino honesto y arrecho. (chicanos should kill themselves)

Show would have been better if Ronnie Ann had her original design.

Attached: 164371417976.jpg (1101x1881, 166.96K)

Because it was just latino loudhouse, kids probably find it repetitive

Why OP posted a ugly as shit pic

Attached: 43AF5DA1-9E8D-4756-8C34-9C830BB5CCE7.gif (280x210, 897.98K)

Mexican loud house rip off suckd = shocker!

>need a "cultural advisor" if you were portraying some obscure indigenous culture,
They had one for zahra and here kind isn't obscure

Attached: download.jpg (174x201, 6.29K)

Yeah, the Loud sisters were more memorable by their recognizable personalities.

The Casagrandes felt like a knock-off Loud House. It's a spin off sure, but the problem was that they didn't do enough to differentiate it from its mother show. Ronnie Anne is still an eleven year old, like Lincoln, but has fewer family members and more of those family members are adults and simply put kids don't like adults. Not in the show, but the kids watching at home, they don't want to watch adults going around doing grown up things, it's boring. But also making the adults do wacky kid stuff is also lame because they would rather see other kids do those things. So right away you're limiting a ton of the cast because RA can't have adventures with her grandma when she's at school.

Loud House, for the firsts couple seasons anyway, centralized the show in the Loud House, maybe they went out at times or another character was introduced but the core premise kept it with in Lincoln and his sisters.

Additionally the characters, the sisters are simply better characters. They each have distinct personalities and designs, but the Casagrandes just felt like the same but diluted.

As for the actual adventures themselves Loud House had Lincoln dealing with real kid issues, albeit blow up a bit for entertainment, but Casagrande just starts with ridiculous things. It didn't give the show time to grow into itself because it had all the Loud House baggage.

Also Ronnie Anne is not a fun or interesting character if she doesn't have Lincoln to work with, and even then I'd rather it be someone else than her since she's just boring.

A possible spin-off that might have worked better than the Casagrandes would have been to have Lori going off to college and do that, you strip the family dynamic and make it a more teen driven show about being in college for the first time. Lori having her struggles because her family that's been such a big part of her life is no longer a constant. But also her using the lessons she learned from her family to survive college.

Like a college themed Ned's Declassified.

Having her getting advice from her family when she calls them could work to keep them around and also be something to show that just because you go off to college doesn't mean you leave your family behind. Her having problems and getting helped over the phone by her sisters and brother would work much better than what the Casagrandes were trying to do.

*El Tigre
ftfy

Make Fun of Mexicans, Mexican Comedy revolves around Stereotypes and Negative Mexican traits, Our most iconic comedian made a career of making fun of Stereotypes and racist traits.

Attached: cantinflas-05.jpg (899x892, 194.65K)

Yeah, but that's only because many people get Arabs and Muslims in film wrong.

Just make DBZ.

It could have had a bit more sharper commentary, I admit. I mean, they already had Lalo Alcaraz working for them, why not take some influences from 'La Cucaracha'? Poke fun at white society and stuff like that.

They got Derbez in the show, of course it failed to pander to Mexicans.

Pandering to spics with race doesn't work.

Attached: Screenshot_20220412-105316.jpg (1440x1185, 274.55K)

It was a cash grab that got rid one of the only interesting dynamics from the main series.

>I hope Bobby survives the cancellation somehow
probably he will be the only one, even more than ronnie ann, being lori's bf is a benefit

>> Loud House, for the firsts couple seasons anyway, centralized the show in the Loud House, maybe they went out at times or another character was introduced but the core premise kept it with in Lincoln and his sisters.

At least until they started their focus on Lincoln’s shitty friends group formula and less on others, which occurred in between fourth and fifth season, because due to the show having new writers replacing the ones stayed after Savino’s exit, kinda derailed the show entirely.

where does one even find gar's stuff anymore?

> They each have distinct personalities and designs, but the Casagrandes just felt like the same but diluted.

The Casagrandes lacked a distinct personalities that it made it difficult to catch on and it wind up being ignored or hated as the result, plus Ronnie Anne, Bobby, and Maria wasn’t used a lot in episodes, which it resulted a dull atmosphere with the focus on the family and their friends or associates that aren’t really that interesting, Sergio and Carl’s inclusion pretty much considered as the iceberg that sunk the boat very badly, especially in their focused episodes, the former is literally the pits, the latter was like that until recently episodes trying to get Carl to learn a bit of his lesson from his previous actions, which made him improve a bit, Sergio on the hand, suffers badly in each episode.

I haven't watched Casagrandes but I honestly feel this is what ultimately lead to the show ending after three seasons. It still had a longer run than many other recent Nicktoons but it still was overshadowed throughout its entire existence by The Loud House.

The issue of not differentiating enough is also why I have worries about the upcoming live action show. From the synopsis alone, the only difference between it and the animated show is the medium of choice, made worse by OG TLH still being on the air and being treated quite well by the main network. At the very least, if the OddParents live action series been a straight up remake of the animated show, 10 year old Timmy and all, it could've positioned itself as a modernized remake of the original show for a new generation of viewers. The live action and animated Loud House shows are going to be running concurrent to each other with no seemingly substantial differences in premise, tone, or focus.

If Loud House wanted to a spin off, I feel ideally, it should've looked to successful spin off shows like Fraiser, the Cheers spin off which ditched the setting and almost the entire cast of Cheers to focus on Fraiser, placed in a completely different setting with a very different cast of characters and scenarios than those he dealt with in Cheers. It was able to carve out its own identity in the process that engaged viewers so much that, in its original run, it lasted as long as Cheers (11 seasons) and only had 11 episodes less than Cheers. A college themed Lori spin off, like suggested, would certainly be able to carve out more of an identity from TLH than Casagrandes ever hoped it could.

You've got two options for making a successful spinoff/spiritual successor/reboot/whatever off a popular IP:

Option 1 is the Cheers/Frasier route, you identify a character that fans adored from the original series and you build a new setting/cast/theme around that particular character which compliments what made that character stand out.

Option 2 is the TNG/DS9 or Law and Order/SVU route, you take the same formula but you put a spin on it - approach things from a different point of view, emphasize different tone or different kinds of stories or structure your stories differently, etc.

His twitter, his baarag account, his pixiv and the exhentia gallery of his art.

I'm thinking that the live action version would take option 2.

>And without any reference to one of its characters or the Peluche Family.

Fue horrible, horrible

Don't put aside the Hispanic heritage (not only take into account the Pre-Hispanic part).

Yeah that's stupid as fuck, so probably get someone else.

Not enough moon worship?

Created by Mike J. Johnson Goldman.

>its characters
>his characters
>his
Lmao

>Just another generic inoffensive family sitcom snorefest but Hispanic.

Nothing to see here, move along.

Attached: The Drained, The Bored, and the Absent-Minded.gif (319x237, 1.11M)

Because you touch yourself at night.

Make it almost offensively stereotypical. Seriously

>And probably try to hire Molotov for the soundtrack
Yes please

Hard to say it failed when it got 3 seasons and better viewership than a lot of shows(I believe most of the episodes were roughly in the same ballpark as Big City Greens, maybe slightly below), even if it couldn't hold a candle to the original series.
However, it had way to little to differentiate itself from TLH itself, and what did differentiate it was often bad
The Casagrandes are also the weakest part of the recurrring cast, the Santiagos and Changs are much better.

Wasn't that no longer canon?

I don't support this guy anymore. Espero que se muera de cáncer pronto.

Dude, you have no idea the level of bullshit jobs that have been created in the industry of late.

Also the token sidekick is better. Possibly even more popular than the protag.

Attached: Sid is weird.webm (700x400, 657.14K)

It was the Cleveland show of Nickelodeon.