The Avengers, X-Men, and Eternals Struggle to Find Peace as Judgment Day Towers This July

“In the land of the righteous, the wicked will be put to death!”

>This summer, the Marvel Universe will be judged by a power greater than anything they’ve encountered before in A.X.E.: JUDGMENT DAY, the latest Marvel Comics crossover event. Written by mastermind creator Kieron Gillen and drawn by the epically talented Valerio Schiti, A.X.E.: JUDGMENT DAY will find the Avengers, X-Men, and Eternals embroiled in a deadly conflict.

>Kicking off after the Eternals boldly attack mutantkind’s new home on Krakoa, this complex saga will pay off various plot threads that have defined these franchises in recent years including mutantkind’s newfound immortality, the Eternals’ discovery of long-hidden truths about their species, and the Avengers' intense dealings with the Celestials. The event will have a massive impact on the characters involved and their stories moving forward, and fans can get their first hint of the full scope of A.X.E.: JUDGMENT DAY right now by learning more about the event’s issues and tie-ins set to debut in July.

Attached: axejudgement2022001_cover.jpg (994x1528, 426.58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

marvel.com/articles/comics/avengers-x-men-eternals-struggle-find-peace-judgment-day
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>July will see the release of both A.X.E.: JUDGMENT DAY #1 and A.X.E.: JUDGMENT DAY #2, and Gillen and Schiti’s emotional opening issues promise to define the summer. The X-Men claim they’re the planet's new gods. The Eternals know that position is already filled. The Avengers are about to realize exactly how many secrets their so-called friends have kept from them. Years of tension lead to a volcanic eruption as two worlds burn. Who has leaked the X-Men’s secrets to their latest foes? Why is Tony Stark abducting an old friend? And who stands in judgment over the whole world? As the world shakes, an unlikely group of heroes and less-than-heroes gather to find a peaceful solution. Sadly, the best laid plans of man, mutant and Eternal oft go awry...

Attached: axejudgment2022002_cover.jpg (900x1350, 206K)

>Gillen will also team up with artist Guiu Vilanova to explore the root of the Eternals’ fury against mutantkind and the schism it’s causing in their society in a three-issue limited series beginning in July titled A.X.E.: DEATH TO THE MUTANTS. The mutants are Deviants. Eternals are coded to correct excess deviation. The mutants are eternal, Mars colonizers, ever-spreading. Eternals know what they should do. Our heroes don’t want to, but can they resist the murderous designs coded into their body as surely as any Sentinel? And if they can’t, can anyone survive the coming judgment?

>In addition, A.X.E.: JUDGMENT DAY will spin off into the following titles throughout July:

Attached: axeddeathmutants2022001_cover.jpg (1265x1920, 519.29K)

>IMMORTAL X-MEN #5 will see Gillen and artist Michele Bandini spotlight one of mutants most fervent warriors—EXODUS. Bennet du Paris was born in the 12th century. Exodus marched forth with a sword in his hand and a shield in his heart to protect what he believes. It’s now the 21st century. What’s changed? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. And the Eternals who dared attack Krakoa are going to discover what that means.

Attached: immortalxmen2022005_cover.jpg (1050x1606, 276.09K)

I dunno how much I can get hyped for the eternals.

>Arakko sees war yet again in X-MEN RED #5 by Al Ewing and Stefano Caselli. No one who is not an Omega-level mutant has ever taken one of the nine seats of the Great Ring. Together, they are the greatest power Arakko has ever known – and it’s nine against one. So, if the nine are losing…what does that say about the one? Judgment Day has come to the Red Planet – and it’s Arakko’s greatest test since X OF SWORDS!

Attached: xmenred2022005_cover.jpg (1032x1566, 311.26K)

>Deadpool joins and Kraven’s mutant hunt begins in Benjamin Percy and Robert Gill’s X-FORCE #30. X-Force has taken some lumps, but a new era begins as old-school X-Forcer Wade Wilson makes his grand return! Well, grand for him, necessary for the team, as X-Force needs all the help it can get in the fallout from the Hellfire Gala and the revelations of A.X.E.: JUDGMENT DAY! Find out why Kraven the Hunter is involved in the start of a landmark storyline titled “The Hunt for X.”

Attached: xforce2019030_cover.jpg (1032x1566, 385.71K)

>Who are the true inheritors of the Earth? The X-Men and Eternals fight over the answer to that question in X-MEN #13 by Gerry Duggan and C.F. Villa. The mutants are the next stage of evolution. Evolution depends on a mutation of genes – the genes of the offspring deviating from their progenitors. Some would call the X-gene EXCESS deviation. Those people are gonna need to be taken down a few pegs.

Attached: xmen2021013_cover.jpg (1050x1594, 344.52K)

>Check out the covers now and stay tuned in the coming weeks for more exciting A.X.E. JUDGMENT DAY announcements and reveals!

SOURCE: marvel.com/articles/comics/avengers-x-men-eternals-struggle-find-peace-judgment-day

Attached: axe_checklist_1.jpg (1242x1920, 342.69K)

So who are the bad guys in this? Wtf the Avengers have to do with this?

>No Aaronvengers
Good

>So who are the bad guys in this?
The eternals. Gillen said so himself. The avengers are gonna be trying to break up the fight apparently

Gillen has done the most work with Ikaris, Sersi and Druig but I like the little bits of Kingo. He seems pretty fun.

I want to check this out but I'm not upt to date on any of the three teams involved and I can vet there's a ton of prior reading required to understand why this event is even happening in the first place and I don't know what that required reading is or if I even want to slog through it

No matter what you don't need to read the current Avengers run.

>So who are the bad guys in this
Thanos and the eternals

Eternals would be the easiest to get through. I would just read a synopsis the past couple years of X-Men. I've enjoyed reading the line, but trying to cram it just to read an event book seems silly.

Try it flatscan, see if it sticks

What is a flatscan

>So who are the bad guys in this?
Whoever came out with this premises

I don't read comics written by Gillen

I hate it but I’m very hyped for this

Why not

>Dem Domino milkers

Attached: Vintaga BOOBA.jpg (400x300, 12.86K)

slur for human
Mark Brooks is a great artist, but he shouldn't be allowed to draw Captain America, all I see is Hydra Cap.
this just for month one, they're not going to do an event to get the Eternals over and not tie in to the Eternals book.

Bro Eternals is canceled

>Who has leaked the X-Men’s secrets to their latest foes
The Beast

Hank probably would do that at this point

bump

wonder if Gillian will remember that Deathlok is conscience within the Celestial Body

that Death of Mutant mini is 100% replacing Eternals since it's focused on Eternals written by Gillian and has covers by Ribic

This seems to be easier to storytime than I thought.

Attached: 176377948309.jpg (799x1273, 271.27K)

I do think it is odd that there are zero Avengers tie-ins at all, not even a mini written on the quick by some no-name writer. it mostly feels like the Avengers have to be in this event because their base is a celestial and that it really

I’m straight

Are the Eternals this decades' Inuhmans?

I don't remember Eternals having more than one series

Well this looks pathetic and mandated.

Do the Eternals have any fans? I don't think any fan of them would be happy. Damm, I don't think the X-men have any fans left.
Marvel should stop making this type of event, the "Heroes vs Heroes" hasn't work ever.

>iron man the bad guy again
it's so tiresome

where did you get that impression all the prerelease material is all about the avengers trying to stop each side from fighting.

Muuuuuh muties lives matter

you mean iron man will kidnap an avenger to stop said avenger from being involved in the fight?

The Eternals have never been all that interesting. The only reason anyone knows or cares about them is because they were created by Jack Kirby, and that's it.

they kidnaped Sersi it was shown in a preview

>Damm, I don't think the X-men have any fans left.
Bro all of these titles tying in this event except one are all X-books

Yeah, but who te fuck likes them? It's not the 80's anymore

> Omega Red is already alive AGAIN.
Thank god.

Attached: fW8ESUL.jpg (1564x1564, 1.75M)

>and the Avengers' intense dealings with the Celestials. The event will have a massive impact on the characters involved and their stories moving forward
5 bucks says Aaron ignores this.

Man Deadpool went from being over hyped and oversaturated character with multiple titles to having the occasional cameo in X-books. Pretty sad.

Eh, this seems like Gillens call and he's the architect of both Eternals and partially X-Men

Considering this is 6 issues written by Gillen(+ an Ewing and a Percy book that seems entirely unrelated), I'm okay with this.
If Aaron goes anywhere near this it's a different story

Bye bye Eternals

>getting hyped for eternals
are you brain damaged

Aaron is too focused on the boring Multiverse plot and Mephisto he said everything he wanted to say about the celestial and the Eternals at the start of this pointless run

No. I did enjoy reading Eternals in the past, but considered them more of a curio, like Omega the Unknown

yeah, it seems like the even is the big bang to either end the eternals series, or relaunch it as a more of a capeshit-tier book

you have not liked the current run Gillan I take it?

They would had been, if not for fox buyout

Nobody cares about them, including Kirbyfags. They are seen as derivative to both New Gods and Inhumans. Say what you want about inhumemes, but they had better cast, premise and designs

It's okay, but nothing special. Wouldn't call it bad, it just is. Comparing it to immortal x-men, when gillen genuinely feels excited, Eternals feels like some forced job he had to take

>not 80s anymore
>80s
>not 90s
one job at baiting , and you failed. no wonder your father abandoned you as a kid