THORBROS, WE WIN AGAIN

Attached: L&T.png (723x892, 541.14K)

Thor Ragnarok was mediocre

>test screening a movie that doesn't exist

Cool. I haven’t had any interest in Marvel movies since Endgame. I might actually see this one.

The test audience were a bunch of feminists.

I would say Ragnarok was downright bad.

I straight up hated it. I hated Ragnrarok as much as I hated Iron Man 3.

Ragnarok wasn’t that bad.

Thor Ragnarok more like Bore Ragnarok
Am I right guys?

The same "people" who loved Ragnarok (aka normies)?

Yeah, this certainly is... news.

Attached: 1506734463267.jpg (363x463, 37.54K)

why don't I believe it?

Attached: 3USgt2g (1).gif (500x281, 2.88M)

I thought it was complete shit. It was an obnoxious sitcom parading around in a Thor skin suit. Nothing could have any weight to it for more than five seconds before an actor babbled for minutes on end, or something stupid like “lol The Devil’s Anus get it teehee”

Not him, but it really was, Thor 1 was kinda mediocre, but they really butchered his character after the Avengers movie where they turned him into this mumbling idiot. You honestly could have removed Thor from Thor: Ragnarok and not much would have changed.

It was garbage

>humor was awkward and didn't mesh with any of the other films at all
>special effects were worse than any other MCU film except maybe BW
>everyone was so OOC and acted like parodies of themselves
>the generic "woman stronk" moments were lame as hell
>hulk's voice was fucking abysmal
Only saving grace was that Hela made me rock hard

more like Bore Ragnarok

Honestly Ragnarok was the best example of that stupid “make it dark, but then tell a joke” bit, like Thor’s friends all die, then five minutes later it’s all jokes about Thor getting a silly haircut.

That’s what I hated about the movie, and what I hate about modern MCU in general. Nothing ever has a sense of weight because there’s always an obnoxious joke that immediately undermines something that should be tense or effective. Comedic relief has always existed, but the point was always to give a moment of levity after intense moments, not to immediately jump to a shitty joke in the same scene as the tense moment. It’s why I couldn’t care less about the MCU’s characters, because most of the time they don’t give a shit either.

incels btfo

Attached: 1635400044090.png (338x430, 154.75K)

Fair enough, MCU Thor has always been shit and for women.

That's what sells. Nobody wants edgy movies anymore

IT WAS THE MOMENT OF DEATH AND RESURRECTION OF THE ASGARDIANS AND IT WAS TURNED INTO A COMEDY AND NOBODY RESURRECTED
I THINK I ALREADY KNOW THE ANSWER

Endgame , infinity war, civil war, Joker 2019

OP says nothing about Ragnarok.

They wish it was "woman stronk." Valkyrie was a pitiful, washout drunk who spent countless centuries capturing people to be turned into slaves and gladiators at the behest of a psychopathic dictator, and whose only response to being told that her civilization is being wiped out is to ignore the one guy trying to do something about it and refusing to help him. She's objectively the secondary villain of the film.

Ragnarock is literally the only good Marvel movie post-Avengers 1.

Endgame had some of the worst and most misplaced jokes in film history. It literally felt like they had written and shot the complete film and then went back and inserted jokes during reshoots.

>Not undermining every dramatic moment with an obnoxious joke is “edgy” now

Infinity War had the same problem, I don’t get why people pretend it didn’t.
>Tony let me tell you about Thanos, he’s the biggest threat we’ll ever encounter
>HAHA HULK ROCKY ROAD AND YOU’RE A DOUCHEBAG XD
They even had two different heroes use a “haha the villain looks like *insert pop culture thing*” joke at two inappropriate times

I thought Infinity War took the comedy angle and made it work, turning it into a coping mechanism and a cover for his rage.

Attached: 4d0c8a4fbbb95da38659f57c99dc9787.jpg (563x797, 54.54K)

It was... fun. Not good, but fun.

THIS. Honestly Hela came off as the greater threat, but the lesser evil. At least she fucking stuck to her convictions.

Yea Forums will shit on Ragnarok endlessly as if it didn't give us one of the most exciting/badass displays of power in the MCU and a dozen of scenes more memorable than anything in Thor 1 and 2. It also set up Thor to be the best character in IW.

Attached: EiIxUiOXgAEmxHN.jpg (600x300, 24.38K)

It was poopy shit

Yay, comedy where the main selling point is "STRONG WOMEN WHO NEED NO MAN!"

GUYS!
BATMAN V SUPERMAN IS GONNA FUCKING ROCK!!!!

Attached: BVS.png (831x119, 25.04K)

Almost every MCU movie is mediocre, with very few notable exceptions like the guardians movies and captain america 2, and maybe infinity war. Ragnarok was mediocre like most MCU movies, but at least it wasn't insufferably boring like thor 2 or ironman 3.

>nerds unironically prefer Thor 1&2 because they are still kinda like LOTR instead of good movies

>Endgame had some of the worst and most misplaced jokes in film history. It literally felt like they had written and shot the complete film and then went back and inserted jokes during reshoots.
WTF are you talking about? I don't remember ANY half as bad as Ragnarok.

>>test screening a movie that doesn't exist
i said the same thing with all the star wars squeals and prequels.

RAG PROS!

> Skurge's outfit is perfect.
> Hela's outfit is perfect.
> Thor's design once his hair is cut is damn good.
> Odin's death was good, better then the original version with him being stabbed in a filthy alley.
> Gladiator match is good & Hulk's CGI in it is better then it is the rest of the film.
> Tessa is decent and has some fun mannerisms.
> Hemsworth is more fun then in previous films.
> The flashbacks to Hela slaughtering the Valkyries is visually fantastic and a cock tease of what the Thor films should have looked like the entire time (Lord of the Rings + Zach Snyder)
> Loki is still good and fun to watch.
> Elba is given slightly more to do.
> The "get help" joke is genuinely funny.
> Them using the music from the first film at the end was well done (until they ruined it with the rock guy thinking he killed his friend)

RAG CONS!

> The film has zero emotional weight after Odin's death. The Guardians films get away with their humor because before Infinity War they had the most emotional impact of the entire Mcu. This had none of that balance. The entire time I was watching Ragnarok I was saying to myself "Gunn could have done this so much better".
> The humor is unbearably awkward and fake feeling, like a bad SNL skit. It went genuinely into Scary Movie/Movie 42 spoof vibe territory. The scenes with the Grandmaster especially.
> Hela is just as flat a villain as Malekith or Ronan but is given a pass because she is alot more badass then them.
> The sets and outfits on Sakaar look disgustingly cheap. Instead of celebrating the mythos (like aquaman did) and bringing Jack Kirby's designs to life they literally use his art as fucking wallpaper.
> Valkyrie looks and acts nothing like any version of the character in the comics.
> Surtur in the comics is a dark apocalyptic figure as menacing as Galactus, here he is a god damn joke.
> A major complaint against the first 2 films was them doing nothing with the warriors 3 and this film does the same but full on kills them off. People give Snyder crap for killing off Jimmy Olsen in Bvs but give this a pass, hypocritical cunts.
> Doctor Strange is wasted.
> Jeff Goldblum is wasted.
> Ruffalo is wasted.
> Karl Urban / Skurge is wasted and his death (one of the most emotionally powerful in all of comics) is done as a afterthought.
> The destruction of Asgard is given little to no weight. We could have gotten something tragic & beautiful (see pic related) but they pissed in our faces instead.

Attached: 1556867246578.png (1025x1628, 2.89M)

>what the Thor films should have looked like the entire time (Lord of the Rings + Zach Snyder)
I hate nerds so much holy shit

Does test screen internally just mean they showed employees? Wouldn't they be biased?

Attached: 1649676709312.gif (498x498, 94.48K)

Infinity War was lame too.
>Thanos needs all 6 infinity stones
>Why not just destroy the one Strange has
>uh because reasons
>Why not destroy the one Vision has
>uh because he's conveniently missing (must be hanging out with Captain Marvel doing very important business)

Attached: 4f3.jpg (1080x1921, 129.16K)

based

There's a bunch of people whose job it is to be the average american dummy sitting in a movie theatre.
Mostly friends and family of the industry tho.
Not you.
They are there so the studios can see if there is enough cars and action in the movies.

>s if it didn't give us one of the most exciting/badass displays of power in the MCU
When he jumps into all that unpainted warhammer?

Marvel never had a fucking clue what they wanted to do with Vision. The entire fight at the airport he's just floating in the air like a twat

I hate all of them. 1 & 2 were boring shit, and Ragnarok was the epitome of the MCU's problems.

>MCU
>Mediocre
Stop the fucking presses

Wow user you are so unique and different and cool

It was the only movie I've fallen asleep to in the cinema. We only went to see it because I was visiting relatives and we needed something to do.

The objective tier list.

1.Thor Ragnarok
2.Guardians of the galaxy films
3.Winter soldier/end game

Only "people" dumb enough to unironically like Zach Snyder films will disagree.

Shit taste

There was so many disservice in guise of letting character inyo new path .

I agree with you.

big wigs != test screening audience

of COURSE the designed-by-committee bullshit that was BvS would be loved by the same soulless committee that designed it

>why not destroy the one Vision has

...You remember that that was a major plot point, right? The fact that they tried to do it safely, prompting the entire battle in Wakanda? And then when that fell through they DID have Wanda destroy it, killing Vision, only for Thanos to reverse time and take it anyway?

So your answer to
>why not destroy the one Vision has
is that it would kill him, and he's a sapient being, and he's married to one of the most powerful and vindictive people in the setting, and she doesn't want to unless there's no other choice.

As for
>why not destroy the one Strange has
it's because in the MCU, they're really hard to destroy, and they didn't have an "in" with that one the way they did with Vision's.

Don't get me wrong, those movies had a ton of flaws and plot holes, but you basically just said "why didn't they blow up the Death Star in Star Wars?" Because it was difficult, and then actually they did.

because of that taika watiti guy

Nah, he was a factor, but it never had much of a chance to be good, being in the MCU and also being sandwiched with the poor choices of the first 2 movies and having to lead into Infinity War.