What's wrong with Harley being a paragon? She's a lot more compelling than Superman

What's wrong with Harley being a paragon? She's a lot more compelling than Superman.

Attached: 1.jpg (368x737, 100.96K)

Harley is a mass murdering clown that was an accomplice in Joker's schemes, she should be executed with him.

Because all she has as character traits is, Abused Ex of the Joker, Lesbian, Quirky

That's it. They never delve into why she fell for him in the first place or how easily that could happen again with someone else. Because even the fags writing it don't understand the fake science of psychology enough to pull that off.

They never explore how her relationships would be incredibly self-destructive because she basically had enslaved herself to a madman and even walking away she's incredibly vulnerable to anyone who she latches onto

They never bother to show how the quirky is actually just part of her psychosis and that she needs serious help because she spent years murdering hundreds of people with the Joker and suddenly we just accept that she's walking around with no problems at all.

Anything compelling about her is ignored because the writers are shit at their jobs.

#NotMyHarley

Attached: harley society.gif (250x140, 212.88K)

Her being manipulated by joker is what make her story so compelling. Superman had an easy life, so his choice of doing good was easy for him. Harley had to work thousands of times harder than every hero.

There's nothing compelling about her. The fact that she's being redeemed is complete insanity.

The Harley Quinn TV show and even James Gunn made use of this. The fuck are you talking about?

>this new flood of Harley threads
New coomer simp, or Tommy wised up at last and took a new angle that isn't BUT DOOM/BLACK PANTHER/FALCON??

A paragon of what? Aside from being scorching hot clown pussy.

Okay, now name something good that did this. I'll wait.

>Her being manipulated
that doesn't erase culpability. she'd still be tried and prosecuted as an accomplice; if she's truly mentally frail enough to do those things purely by the word of the Joker, then she ironically deserves to be sentenced to a life in a mental facility.

Attached: 1575874557268.png (378x600, 472.78K)

have there been an uptick in harley quinn threads?
I mean Yea Forums in general has always liked the character
I guess her prominence this past decade has rubbed some the wrong way but she was never universally hated like say Captain Marvel or jane thor

Attached: HEHS.png (400x400, 245K)

>Lets herself be manipulated into a mass murdering psychos plot
>Commits mass murder herself in order to appease Joker
>Strikes out on her own but stays as a mass murdering psycho for a while
>Eventually decides she wants to be an on again off again good guy where basically nobody holds her accountable for her actions
vs
>Is a nearly godlike entity raised as a humble farm boy
>has to struggle with over-exerting/over-extending the use of his powers so as not to not harm innocents or even the guilty
>believes Earth is a planet for humans and tries to handle things how they want/let them hand things their own way while acting as a protector
So who is a better example of a hero? >Someone who has committed great evil and now wants to be good
or
>Someone who was good from the start

I prefer Harley as a straight up anti hero or anti villain
Her animated series has the dynamic down good

She is an evil villain but the level at which she operates is more akin to like a Flash Rogue who kills and not say edgy murderer psychopath
DC only deals in extremes so she's either completely evil or completely good with no middle ground

Attached: 2aicqz4md5a51.jpg (1348x2048, 223.22K)

>but she was never universally hated
That's only because the original iteration of the character still exists in some minor capacity.

If we're just talking about the version that you posted, then yes, Nu-Harley is basically universally hated by Yea Forums with some exceptions--most notably Tommy.

There's thousands of compelling characters that are unpowered "adventurers" or outlaws or rogues or whatever. She's that but with a hyperactive clown persona. I don't know why people think she either has to be Joker's henchwoman or somehow on par with Batman, she can be in between like John Constantine or Tommy Monaghan or something.

>She is an evil villain but the level at which she operates is more akin to like a Flash Rogue who kills and not say edgy murderer psychopath
I generally agree with your take, but her being like the Rogues would then make her not an actually "evil" villain then, no?

Just a selfish asshole, really.

>OP doesn't know what paragon means
/thread

>Nu-Harley is basically universally hated by Yea Forums with some exceptions--most notably Tommy.
You don't actually believe that do you? You don't make a million threads about a character you hate.

But who's calling for her redemption? She's an unrepentant killer, why would she turn face and become a hero? Because she was manipulated?

>You don't make a million threads about a character you hate.
Tommy's the faggot making millions of threads about her.

I think the question is what's more compelling
Superman in general has languished as a character because the typical hero is boring. There needs to be a twist with everything

Even Spider-man is funny and quirky to not ever fall into the pit of being a boring character

Aquaman has to be turned into a walking joke or a total bro before anyone legitimately likes his character

Harley Quinn subsequently has to suffer with her mental illness and poor life decisions
Being a hero and being a villain are both options writers take because Harleen is stuck as Harley and not the other way around

Attached: 1640180274709.png (600x451, 423.31K)

All I know I want to crush that clown puss n hear her honk with every thrust

Yeah but I technically think she's kinda worse than a Rogue but if there was a level to villainy then she would be in that tier

The Rogues steal for money and criminal enterprise

Harley kills and robs because of her mental imbalance and just general worldview akin to looney tunes tier nihilism

She should be classified as evil but maybe at a low tier

Honestly, her latest run isn't all that bad. It's better than most of her last run pre-Humphries, and it's leagues better than her New 52 shit.
She's actually being held accountable for her fuck-ups, and the people around her aren't worshipping the ground she walks on anymore.
And the writer actually found a decent middle-ground at painting her as an anti-hero, but very rough around the edges, where she genuinely wants to do right by people, and she even stops Poison Ivy from stealing a diamond that could allow the both of them to "retire", but at the same time, the first time she runs into Batman, she's asking him for the "Bat-stipend" she assumes people like Robin and Batgirl get.
And while I don't mind the artstyle, I can totally understand why it would turn a lot of people off of reading it. For all its faults, her last run had, in general, pretty good art in comparison.

Attached: 654465645645.png (1033x1594, 3.65M)

I think this is true to some degree but it all gets warped
Yea Forums is not a hivemind

I tend to see annoyance at DC presenting her as a hero or role model
People didn't like Birds of Prey
Nothing at the level of get this character out of everything now tier

I think the feminist reinterpretation of her character has made her character come off as some type of woman's empowerment thing when ultimately she's not that type of character

Attached: 1645125349953.jpg (993x1500, 231.32K)

I wouldn't say I hate Harley Quinn but what you described is where I draw the line with her character

DC has completely turned her into a feminist LGBTQI icon and it just makes me mad every time I see her redesign
In the beginning her redesign was entirely for coomers and now its been warped into this period where her character took a hard left and never went back to being the quirky silly henchwoman joker treated like shit

That's what made the character endearing not her romance with poison ivy or her breaking up with the joker

>Nothing at the level of get this character out of everything now tier
I've seen people have this reaction to her purely off of the shit that happens in Identity Crisis.

Honestly, my biggest gripe is how every superhero has to act politely OoC whenever she shows up around them. Wonder Woman, Power Girl, and Batman (ESPECIALLY Batman) would fucking detest having to spend any time around Harley.

It's like that old thing people used to say about Mary Sues; you can tell your character is one if all other characters abruptly change to compliment her existence.

DC saw the merch numbers uptick after her arkham asylum appearance and that spawned her redesign
Which monetarily should be called a success

Post Crisis Harley had a few face runs as a hero they never lasted because of status quo and her being a hero or reforming is the end of her character development

This period of time since 2010 for her character has honestly been the longest she has ever been broken up with the joker, a hero, and doing her own thing

I tend to sit back and enjoy the content but I do think some fans miss her just being with joker and nothing else

just sounds like you're describing the joker. which isn't bad, but it is a lot simpler to say than
>The Rogues, but a little more evil

Batman who routinely tries to redeem and hold off from killing all his rogues gallery?
No I buy him accepting Harley

Someone like say WW or Power Girl who are hardline paragon heroes who do kill would not view her so favorably

Generally though I think most heroes underestimate or view her with annoyance. No one has ever outright gushed about how she's really this great person who was being lead on by the Joker

Attached: JKJJJKNA.png (400x400, 232.7K)

Seconding this about the current run. The interior art nearly kept me away but I took a chance on a couple of issues and it's been a regular pull since. She knows she's a fuck up and is actively trying to be less of one. There's some obnoxiousness here and there but it's tolerable, nowhere near whatever the fuck they were thinking during New 52/Rebirth.

If nothing else the variant covers are nice to look at.

Attached: large-7424155.jpg (600x923, 125.62K)

>Batman who routinely tries to redeem and hold off from killing all his rogues gallery?
>No I buy him accepting Harley
No way. Batman wouldn't be happy with Harley becoming a vigilante; that's just asking for shit to go wrong, at least from his perspective.

The only way I see Batman accepting Harley is when/if she retires as a vigilante/criminal entirely.

>Generally though I think most heroes underestimate or view her with annoyance
Yeah, and I'm saying she should be getting way more of a third degree--especially considering how much shit JLAers give each other over honest mistakes in their roles as superheroes.

No, I can't even imagine heroines like Wonder Woman or Power Girl indulging Harley's lunacy at any level.

Being a hero is a dead end for Harley, no upstanding hero/hero group would accept her. No crossover with JLA/Titans because someone would bench her ass the moment she tries some antihero shit
Have her be what DC wants her to be: an antihero like Deadpool who just pisses everyone off but everyone just kinda sighs at them because their existence is sad.

>Have her be what DC wants her to be: an antihero like Deadpool who just pisses everyone off but everyone just kinda sighs at them because their existence is sad.
See, I'd be fine with this.

Too bad they can't commit to that take on the character.

user please Batman has accepted multiple members of rogues acting as heroes
Riddler
Bane
Clayface
Catwoman
Even Joker

Bruce is incredibly forgiving

Attached: Harley-Quinn-Makes-Amends.jpg (740x503, 87.68K)

>Grown ass American adults idolizing cartoon villains created to entertain/scare 11 year olds
Moore was right.

Other than Catwoman and arguably Riddler, the rest are just bad writing to have as "reformed heroes" that Batman is completely fine with.

Bad writing doesn't excuse bad writing.

I know a friend who idolizes Harley and has posters of Harley and Joker as a couple on her wall. Of course she is a bit batshit but I like her

You should put your penis inside her.

Did you fuck her yet?

>She's a bit batshit
>Batshit

Attached: 1631426117533.gif (260x195, 1.13M)

Thirding these opinions about Harley's current run. My big complaint besides the art is that Harley is still simping hard for Ivy who, beyond that thing with the diamond one user mentioned has pretty much lost her edge

>My big complaint besides the art is that Harley is still simping hard for Ivy
Am I the only one who thinks it was a mistake to pair them up at all in the first place? It was basically just the result of a meme born of that one page from the BTAS comic--in which, Ivy and Harley are strictly friends.

Their original, platonic dynamic is a lot more entertaining than what we have now.

>Harley Quinn
More like "Target Practice"!

Attached: 1639941853825.jpg (1152x2048, 175.41K)

Honestly, Harley getting overly attached to someone is pretty in-character for her. Getting away from Joker wasn't gonna magically solve her mental issues, so she ended up bonding with Ivy since they clearly had chemistry when paired up in BTAS.
The problem is really that their dynamic is completely ruined. Whether or not they're friends with benefits is irrelevant. These days, Ivy, who was once a full-on misanthrope simps for Harley just as hard as Harley simps for her, which makes them incredibly bland together.
It sucks harder when you consider that their original dynamic of Harley being that "friend" that Ivy tolerates just enough to keep around worked pretty well.

Attached: 567756756.png (631x967, 1.35M)

>It sucks harder when you consider that their original dynamic of Harley being that "friend" that Ivy tolerates just enough to keep around worked pretty well.
That's exactly my point. Ruins a good dynamic over a meme.

Kinda like how fujos revised Tim Drake being a modest, straight-laced kid into him secretly being a total faggot. Nu-DC ran with that meme, because fuck actually creative decisions, and now here we are.

>paragon
Of?

The art ain't my cup of tea, but I like how Bats kind of looks like an older, bulkier version of his design from The Batman cartoon

Attached: 534354354.png (652x1129, 1.39M)

Character assassination

this dick

She doesn't need that

>so compelling

Attached: joe kerr wuvs psycho clown bitch.gif (498x269, 1.29M)

>Superman had an easy life
huh?

>an uptick

>has always liked
nein
>never universally hated
constantly, invariably, perpetually, unfailingly

Did you not read the glaring subtext that plainly spelt out:
>HEY GUYS, I'M BAITING NOW--OKAY? JUST GIVING YOU A HEADS-UP FIRST.

I think she's generally well liked among normies, don't think people here like her much though due to the shilling

>I think she's generally well liked among normies
How is that at all relevant when the OP in question is referring to whether or not Yea Forums likes her?

Pretty sure the consensus for the last few years has been "normies like nu-Harley, they know jack and shit about the character's origins, Yea Forums hates nu-Harley but likes old, BTAS jester Harley before she became DC's poster girl for "grrrrl power"

Attached: 76557665776.png (620x875, 409.49K)

How are you such a cunt?

It's not my problem that you forgot what was being discussed lmao

Attached: kekichu.png (128x128, 23.94K)

"The Joker MANIPULATED ME into committing crimes and mass murdering children! Nothing is my fault, I don't deserve to go to jail only he does"
How? How did he possibly force you to do all that against your will?
"H-he JUST DID OK??!!!"

/thread

>Replying to bait threads

Honestly Riddler as a smug ass private dick who actually pushed batman and was pushed by batman was the best take on him.

Penguin as a shady nightclub owner who batman lets operate because the penguin tips him off to the really nasty stuff ( which would also fuck up his own business ) was the best take for that character.

Catwoman as a hero was stupid.
Bane as a hero is stupid.
Clayface as a hero is... you get the idea.