Why do Zelda references in cartoons feel lamer than references to any other video game?

Why do Zelda references in cartoons feel lamer than references to any other video game?

Attached: Zelda_(The_Powerpuff_Girls).png (640x480, 287.94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/TQ_aeADKTH4?t=46
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

zelda is a lame series

MGS had better references

Attached: SS.png (672x357, 99.07K)

Because they don't capture the magic of the series and just look like generic fantasy

Zelda is niche compared to Mario.
Only people who grew up on the original and 64 ones know of it at least at that time.

How many are there? I can't think of any other.

bet you feel retarded now, huh?

Attached: FPlZWpSaQAEmjMQ.jpg (1228x868, 146.72K)

WOW references outside of south park are the lamest.

Attached: 1578347780974.jpg (1200x1111, 135.45K)

Maybe Zelda is just one of those things people enjoy more if they can pretend it's obscure, like the Bakemonogatari anime.

The kingdom hearts reference in the latest Proud Family episode was pretty decent. OoT was really big though so jokes were always focused on how 'annoying' Navi was.

>midna

Attached: DvO2VnjXQAESHgd[1].jpg (867x673, 53.22K)

>cartoon does leeroy jenkins reference

Attached: 1645563595086.jpg (292x315, 21.45K)

Makes SNOYs seethe with jealousy.

What I'm but surprised is how many N64 references were there despite it only being a thing in the US and even then the PS1 outsold it by a lot

Attached: 1392941039189.jpg (240x300, 19.61K)

Soulsbornering has that problem, though I'd wager it's more because people want to imagine those games are "too hard for normies" and that playing them puts them in an elite percentile.

>haha our game is only known for having an annoying helper
weird flex but ok

Because Zelda is so ubiquitous and common it feels more like a dig at gamers than an reference.

N64 had the games that defined the generation, references to the PS1's big games tend to get rolled in with standard "spiky haired anime kid with a ridiculous sword" jokes.

>only
And there's the cope, with bonus twitter lingo! A sure sign of a seething SNOY.

Attached: 1620013537963.jpg (235x214, 10.27K)

>N64 had the games that defined the generation,
I only see OoT and not stuff like GoldenEye or SM64

>YOU'VE KILLED YOUR FAIRY

>even on Yea Forums nincels can't stop seething, coping and dilating about Sony
weird flex but ok

fpbp, saying this as a Zelda fan

It's a game about a feminine flute-playing elf kid and his fairy going on an adventure. It's inherently lame. I still loved seeing this in PPG though.

What's funny is that even in modern interviews Craig McCracken always brings up how everyone on the staff was playing Ocarina of Time and how they actually had to have a staff meeting about it because they were getting shit in late.

Really no different from the modern zoomer animators who went apeshit over breath of the wild.

Attached: 1619419011085m.jpg (1024x1019, 105K)

Low hanging fruit that soulless millennials have milked to death. Same reason every anime reference is all the same outdated DBZ/Sailor Moon/Akira shit

nooooooooo my heckin old school cartoonists would spend all day drawing and perfecting their show you're ruining my fantasy!

Incorrect

I can't imagine watching that show for longer than five minutes.

Look at what you just posted, pic and all, and reevaluate your life.

>soulless millenials
>outdated anime
I dont know how to dissect this. You are attacking millenials while outing yourself as a boomer, but you dont want people to live in the past. So, what I like from the past is acceptable but what younger people from the past is not acceptable? Ok supreme dictator of things people can enjoy and reference. If they just make the same references maybe they just like those references, or maybe they are pressured to make those particular references because other anime or references would go over their heads but something relatable has a wider chance of clicking with people, or idk maybe they have shit taste.
Would you call superman, batman, or spiderman outdated? They have been around for much longer and people still like those.

Based and correctpilled

Probably this.

The PPG crew at least actually were into games, and I did kind of appreciate the fact that they parodied OOT which was a current release at the time.

The vidya reference episode of Futurama in contrast was weird because they strongly reference the N64, a current console at the time, but all the game references were arcade and Atari titles that weren't current at all and were probably just what the crew grew up with.

Wrong, breath of the wild is kino.

>t. angry snoyboy

That wasnt a bad reference. They approximated the UI and had a fairy so you can tell someone had actually played the game and not just seen it in magazines.

Does this count as a reference?

Attached: 562261AF-91A8-414E-B067-23851ADDBC1C.png (1000x744, 524.52K)

Imagine being on the design team hashing out this character. "No, no, she has to be naked, with wide hips and fat thighs and a nice ass."

>game is good because it has coom
by that logic we should all become gacha whales

I wore a shirt with a silhouette of her on it to church once.

When has this ever happened

family guy

Zelda is the Lord of the Rings of the video games. Most people have a cursory enough understanding of the series to parody them from cultural osmosis, but not enough actual interest to homage them properly.

It's so nice to be the pet for once.

Attached: wolf-link.large.jpg (1280x720, 79.09K)

She wasn't that thicc

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 2.37M)

TP must have one redeeming factor

It feels more like a complete game than Wind Waker, and fleshes out the OoT formula/mechanics a bit. It feels like the Super Mario Sunshine to OoT's Mario 64 and is just as annoying to 100% complete

Because it's about a blond-haired, blue-eyed man fighting demons with a sword and shield to kill their red-haired, hooked-nose Pig-god, all in order to save the world and the beautiful blue-eyed, blonde-haired Princess.

If you try to parody it directly, you come off as a jew. The key is to

>he says at the zelda reference explicitly about gameplay shit only people who actually played OoT would get

I swear Yea Forums is full of midwits

Midna was so hot it almost helped me forget just how pissed I was that they pulled that "ackshually Ganondorf was the real villain this whole time!" bullshit, Zant got done dirty

Attached: 234534252345.jpg (900x1177, 143.42K)

>It feels like the Super Mario Sunshine
>it feels like the game Mario fans hate
you're not making a good case for why people should like it

Out of all the games released for the N64 and PS1. I would say that pop culture-wise, the N64 games were more memorable.
>Mario 64, Mario Kart, Zelda: OoT and MM, Banjo Kazooie
All are viewed as more "child friendly" or "open to all audiences"
Compared to PS1
>MGS, Silent Hill, Resident Evil, FF7
Teen to adult games that will be referenced but only by character designs, background scenes, or musical queues.

I was massively disappointed that Midna turned out to be a grey human instead of just a much larger imp.

Why does she have a piece of potery stuck to her head?

Attached: 068.png (635x457, 375.84K)

>I would say that pop culture-wise, the N64 games were more memorable.
I'd say since there's a smaller pool to choose from, you were bound to play Mario 64 or a Rare game at some point, which is why everyone who owned an N64 remembers them, whereas the PS1 had a much bigger library, outside the games you mentioned, you would probably stick to a certain niche or genre and don't try the rest the consoles had unless you go out of your way to do so

C'mon, it's always Ganon/Ganondorf as the villain. There have only been a few Zelda games where Ganon wasn't the final boss or even referenced.
Not cited:
>Skyward Sword, Spirit Tracks, Phantom Hourglass, Minish Cap, the OG Four Swords, Triforce Heroes
Cited or a boss (with or without a similar design):
>Link's Awakening, Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Seasons, Zelda II

nah they were just better games
ps1 has awesome titles, especially jrpgs but 90% of the rest is shovelware / multiplat

>but 90% of the rest is shovelware / multiplat
that is every system, especially if it's the one that has the biggest cut in the market

>whereas the PS1 had a much bigger library, outside the games you mentioned, you would probably stick to a certain niche or genre and don't try the rest the consoles had unless you go out of your way to do so
Nicely said. I never played MGS or SH until years later thanks to an ex-girlfriend who grew up with SEGA consoles and PS1.
I'm an oldfag, was a teenager during the late 90s. Remember waiting for the N64's release at Toys R US. Both consoles had a lot of shit games. Looking at the games from today's viewpoint, N64 games have aged better.

I never said anyone should like it

still lame

Phineas and Ferb

>She wasn't that thicc
When WolfLink met her the camera literally centers on her wide ass.
youtu.be/TQ_aeADKTH4?t=46