I gotta ask Yea Forums

I gotta ask Yea Forums.

Was this a good movie or not? Because it made number 1 in the box office.

Attached: FN-8wqkXoAYilRk.jpg (720x900, 159.63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DfidsCywlJk
youtu.be/E7HH6MmA9BU?t=578
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'd say it was weaker than the 1st one. scenes like the siberian dance off or the entirety of the wedding felt way too long and then background details about Tails or Knuckles comes in the form of expository monologue. Also disappointing that there's no recognizable Sonic songs or Remixes used anywhere in the OST, it's all just generic hero stuff. There is stuff to like though, like the characterizations of Sonic, Kunckles, Tails or the action/fight scenes being pretty spectacular (I'd prefer the Death Egg Robot have a bit more weight to it though instead of being so Super Roboty). Still interested in a Sonic 3.

I feel like the only reason anyone cares about these is the fact that its Sonic related.

I think it was good. I enjoyed it.

Pros
>Surprisingly good action scenes, especially the Sonic/Knuckles fights (the second one in particular was hype)
>Knuckles was fantastic, and they managed to make him competent but also entertaining. Elba did a great job, much better than I expected.
>Sonic and Tails had a great relationship throughout the movie, and their chemistry worked fast.
>The Wachowskis were fine, and not as bad as other human characters in these type of films
>Loved the Wasp Badniks and the final robot
>Movie managed to move at a brisk pace without ever becoming either boring or cluttered
>Lore was set up well without over explaining or leaving gaps

Cons
>Some of the jokes not only don’t hit, but are pretty awful
>Carrey’s Eggman was a step down from the first film, minus his first two scenes. Unfortunately he pretty much shed that underlying sense of menace and intimidation he had from the first film, and kind of just throws out any references and Carrey-isms he feels like, which at times really disconnects him from the rest of the film.
>Rachel’s whole subplot could’ve been removed entirely, or cut down by 5-10 minutes easy. It definitely felt like filler in a movie that didn’t need it, considering so much was happening that the movie’s runtime would’ve been fine anyways.
>The dance off was a bit too much for me, and went on too long, though I get the point of it (to show that Sonic and Tails are different, yet gel together perfectly).

I think 2 was overall better, but 1 did certain things better, such as Carrey’s Eggman and Rachel.

>The only reason people are talking about a Sonic movie is because it’s about Sonic
Great insight. Truly a perfect analysis of the situation.

Attached: FACB4EC4-ECBE-43AC-8AFC-DA74F5FF4596.jpg (353x767, 72.37K)

I liked it. Had more fun watching my Nephew at the end than actually watching it. Kid loves Super Sonic.

My theater was actually quiet when Super Sonic showed up, but went wild when Shadow popped up at the end credits.

The question is. When will she make an appearance?

Attached: 776-7768867_rouge-the-bat-sega-wiki-rouge-the-bat.png (860x1093, 328.81K)

Never.

The first one was better overall but this one had a lot of cool stuff in it.

Maybe in 3, maybe never.

could you imagine, rouge shows up and suddenly every guy in the theater sits up straight and lose their shit seeing bat titties

Doesn’t seem like the writers are interested in using her.

Of course they are not. Know why? It's supposed to be a kid-family movie.

That and she doesn’t seem necessary. The next movie’s going to be juggling a lot if it’s adapting SA2.

From what I've seen, the writers ARE super interested. It's the director who's not on board, but they said they'd talk him into it. I expect her to debut in Knuckles' series as partner-rival treasure hunters with the usual sexual tension sprinkled on the side.

Attached: 1641134382036.png (512x384, 256.47K)

I’m legitimately surprised I haven’t seen any user being up the fact that Robot I’m plays Walk by Pantera when he gets his robot moving. It’s pretty brief, but I thought it was awesome. It also fit perfectly, just like Where Evil Grows did.

Not in the mainline, absolutely guaranteed in Knuckle's spin-off.

Do we know when the third movie is supposed to come out?

out of Jeff Fowler's fat ass

>I expect her to debut in Knuckles' series as partner-rival treasure hunters with the usual sexual tension sprinkled on the side.

That's a bit at odds with the fact Knuckles and Rouge haven't been "a thing" for ages now.

It depends on if the plot is closer to sonic adventure 2 or shadow the hedgehog

Saw it yesterday, I really liked it. It felt like it was written for the Sonic fanbase, and that the writers truly are fellow Sonic autists that just wanted to make the best Sonic movie they could. Idris Elba was perfect as Knuckles, and the character writing was spot on and hilarious. People can shit on Jim Carrey all they want, but I honestly can't think of anyone else that would be perfect to play Dr. Robotnik/Eggman. Really hope he comes back out of retirement to reprise his role for Sonic 3. If you're a big Sonic fan, it's definitely worth watching. If you want to see a funny movie, go see it. James Marsden knows exactly what he's doing and is great at doing it.

Attached: Sonic by me its the best Sonic oc credit by me.gif (640x480, 19.83K)

Wonder how immigration is going to be handled

Attached: 1648251748355.jpg (930x570, 90.73K)

Came here to essentially say the same things. The fact that they just used a licensed Pantera song for the Death Egg Robot's match instead of the Death Egg Robot theme from the game is absolutely criminal. Hell, they could have gotten Pantera to cover it, even. We're really going to see how detrimental the lack of video game music in the soundtrack is when there's no Live and Learn in 3. They only had to listen.

This is a non argument
The last time any character other than Sonic was relevant in mainline series was 2006

Super Sonic should've been a fight. Not a one-shot instakill cutscene.

Also the Death Egg Robot should've blew up, making us question if Robotnik really died.

The first one was better and it has flaws, but as a Sonic fan it was enjoyable and the take they did on Knuckles and Tails was spot-on.

That's really all I care about. It could've been better but when you get to a certain age you just get tired of hating on things with flaws and enjoy the things you like instead.

this kills my hope for a new tripod baby remix for shadow hedgehog
youtube.com/watch?v=DfidsCywlJk

The Team Sonic Racing shorts still showed the Knuckles/Rouge rivalry.

It was entertaining.

Attached: Rouge_IDW.png (906x465, 742.31K)

Honestly though, the Pantera song was pretty perfect still.

The thing with this movie is despite its flaws, it gave the audience what it promised. It didn’t try to “subvert expectations” or adapt the source material with an air of condescension, it simply tried to be a Sonic movie. I think that’s why it’s much easier to be forgiving of its flaws for me than something like a MCU or DCEU movie that clearly hates its own material. Godzilla vs. Kong is similar in that regard, I loved it despite any of its flaws because it gave me exactly what it promised, and did it well.

Truthfully it was pretty great. Other than the backstories being different, it felt pretty in line with the franchise and the character. Also they gave us the best version of knuckles in this movie.
It did have pretty cringe moments, the wedding, the siberian dance scene, etc. Biggest eyeroll was Sonic calling Tom dad.
Other than that, acting was pretty great, effects were great, the action/fighting was one of the best parts personally.

Attached: ejnrojgn.png (238x261, 62.32K)

I have a hunch this image is not an edit.

>Pulling all the crazy stunts in the 2nd film
Fuck no, there's a reason you save that shit for later movies. All we need to see now is just how busted he is.

>Sonic calling Tom dad.
Literally one of the best scenes

As a kids action movie it's good.
It's a braindead action-comedy that is even dumber than Marvel movies, but it's competently made, the plot somehow makes sense, it doesn't shit all over established Sonic characters, and the main villain (and his sidekick) are funny and threatening.

Attached: 868593-batmanandrobinposter.jpg (430x640, 44.25K)

>spoiler
I didn't think there could be a man with sub-zero taste, yet here we are.

Super Sonic vs Super Shadow before fighting the final boss would be the craziest stunt yet.

Better than the first for me. Elba and Carey were great. Schwartz feels a lot better in the role now that Sonic has characters he can relate to, making him feel a lot more natural. Action scenes were very cool, and I loved the temple sequence.

Rachel subplot was terrible. Less of her, and more on the cool backstory that they seem to be dancing around. Also, I hate the military commander. guy is just a dud.

Hopefully when they do the third movie they'll learn to move away from the other human characters (Wachowskis are fine) and focus more on the backstory and action

Just came back from it, I liked it for the most part but nothing amazing. Though all of knuckles and Sonics fights were hype, a bit surprised about the post credits scene but that’s just where we are these days

>Sonic calling Tom dad.
Not sure why, it was organic. Sonic’s development in the movie wasn’t just about having a family, it was about learning and listening to them. He gets mad at Tom for acting like his dad, but ultimately he realizes that he learned lessons from Tom like a dad. It worked out fine.
What I liked about Tails and Knuckles was that it allowed us to see Sonic as the confident leader willing to die for his team, which is a pretty important aspect of his in some games. He’s wiser than he realizes, and while he’s learning helps others learns to.

Except for about 20 minutes, absolutely.

Honestly even by the end of the 20 minutes shit got so insane I still had fun.
Shoulda be cut shorter though.

>menace and intimidation

I can agree with that. Robotnik in the first was a lot more intimidating because he was just a human man with a genius intellect and an entire government backing him that wasn't afraid to get down and dirty, go it alone if he needed to deal with someone himself, and if he was absolutely capable of wrecking someone's shit you didn't see it (the biker in 1).

I still think he's memorable in 2 but there's something about that underlying danger that's more or less missing even with him managing to get the chaos emeralds in the end and that may be because he's relying much more on his machines and other individuals this time around. On the other hand, him losing that threatening aura as he becomes more unhinged absolutely makes sense in context of the movie's story as it continues.

>20 minutes
It felt like a fucking hour.

It was fun yeah. Obviously you'll get a lot more out of it if you are a Sonicfag but I think its still good on its own.

Its probably closer to 30 if you lump all the wedding shit together.

Thank Primus the rest of the movie makes up for them.

I've been a fan of Mardsen since Cyclops and I really hope him and Sumpter want to come back and continue to be best Sonic parents.

Attached: 29a.jpg (1024x768, 95.67K)

Probably in the Knuckles spin off. There is just so much fun potential for her to interact with Movie Knuckles

>"Are those huge grapes in your shirt for me?"

It's still nodded to now and then like Sonic asking if they were on a date in one of the games

>he didn't like

"Let's go get our kid."

Heartless.

NTA but really fuck "Rachel's Revenge". Could've done without how long that dragged on and I know I'm not the only one here with that opinion.

Seeing this Knuckles dealing with her flirting is gonna be priceless.

>She tries to seduce him out of some non special ruby
>"I don't understand, what are you doing? Is this some sort of pre battle stretching?"
>"Ugh okay um I'll give you these grapes for the ruby"
>"Deal! Hah foolish woman, that rock doesn't even hold any power!"
>"Uh Knuckles you probably could have just bought a truck full of grapes with that."
>"Wait what?"

>She spoke of "getting down and dirty", but I did not see any dirt or mud nearby, so I am unsure as to what she was referring.

Movies don't pander to coomers that much anymore

Or this. This comic is peak MovieKnux.

Attached: media_Ez_fLf7VkAA1rgb.jpg (1200x1036, 165.41K)

Actually the only edit is that the sequence is reversed: in the episode you see the map first
youtu.be/E7HH6MmA9BU?t=578

So chances are shadows going to be the feature of the next film, you thunk pic related still has a chance?

Attached: DF93B547-5D7F-4A6C-9BCC-C737E9F439A1.jpg (2000x3000, 311.96K)

Yes, easily. The premise of Sonic 3 could be 3 Sonics. Sonic and Shadow teaming up against Metal in the end, powered by the quill Robotnik conspicuously still has.

In general or movie 3? He could potentially play a part with the whole "Sonic lookalike causing trouble" bit, but I think he is more likely to show up if they were to do a fourth movie with Amy.

Post thoughts about Sonic 3.

>Shadow is released, and Eggman infiltrates the location. Shadow recognizes Eggman as the grandson of his creator, Gerald Robotnik, and initially follows him.
>Robotnik finds that his grandfather had tech and plans that could advance his own work, and can help him create his own ultimate weapon.
>Shadow reveals that Gerald has a hidden space station that was abandoned, the ARK, which Gerald intended to use against humanity.
>Shadow is sent after Sonic, but ends up bonding with Jojo, which reminds him of Maria.
>Shadow breaks his programming, but Eggman manages to combine his knowledge, Gerald’s tech and concepts, and Sonic’s quill to make Metal Sonic.
>Metal Sonic wrecks Sonic, Shadow, Knuckles, and Tails altogether.
>Metal fuses with the ARK and attempts to crash it into the earth
>Super Sonic and Super Shadow happen, and they struggle to beat metal while Knuckles and Tails keep Eggman busy.