IDW Sonic vs Archie Sonic

Can we definitively say which of these two versions of the Sonic comic has been better? The entirety of Archie Sonic, or IDW Sonic?

Attached: fdsb3ry3j7f61.png (702x526, 642.23K)

The one without NTR.

Post SGW Archie > Late Pre-SGW Archie > IDW > Early Archie

You already had this thread. Please stop baiting the autism.
Nothing good ever comes of this because no-one's willing to actually share what they like from either series.

Sonic Universe > All

those two serve a different purpose but i personally prefer the game character focus
also i like the first idw 48 issues more than the first archie 48 ones

If by Early Archie you mean the first few issues, sure. But Archie gets good around Mecha Madness then falls off in the middle before picking way up. If say Pre-Genesis Wave is much better than than Post-Genesis Wave, since Post Wave just kind of meanders around setting up new stuff that got scrapped anyway

As of now, IDW is the gentrification of Sonic comics
Basic, unalienating, and designed to be baby's first Sonic comic to those who fel r alienated by what made Archie Sonic unique
It's the NSMB of Sonic comics
It's the Sonic 4 of Sonic comics
It's good now but at this rate it'll stagnate by an undying status quo

>It's the NSMB of Sonic comics
Yikes, that bad?

Archie.

How so?

The Freedom Fighters were better characters than shit like Tangle and Whisper. The FFs filled important narrative roles and had time to grow, while the IDW OCs where just shoved onto us as "your new best friends!!"

How come every post from IDW defenders is something like

>IDW is already so much better than Archie! I hate the shitty Freedom Fighters and theyre all outclassed by my new favorite character, Sockso the Sad Lesbian Rat! She hasn't debuted yet in the comic yet but I've seen her design on Twitter and she's straight bussin fr fr no cap

Well they don't have much to work with. The first arc was a checkbox list of shit happening with no real weight but nice character art but background art that feels static due to no interaction or are just bland colors, with Metal written by a guy who has had it with restarting yet again and seemed to have just phoned it in not to mention the pacing of the first 3 issues feeling like a single issue being stretched out.
The next Arc was a huge slog over a year that could have ended earlier were it not for the plot being "Heroes have a chance to save the da- oops nah" being repeated to an annoying degree. Imagine waiting a month between issues for that.
Whisper is a character with development that can't go anywhere because Eggman is her target for revenge but because its Eggman the main villain nothing permanent can happen other than stories of Whisper being stopped or failing to exact her revenge. I guess they can just throw her on more road trips or whatever.
Tangle is uhh Tangle, I guess.
Hypno-Duck is kinda cool when he gets to do something other than speak Ian's thoughts, drop a fan reference or monologue for several panels at a time.

Damn near 50 issues and we're still setting up stuff with tiny payoff here and there along the way that has as much flair as a wet fart.

Attached: 1486487885909.png (903x455, 585.16K)

Neither of them have that.

Quality discussion aside, why does IDW have such a shitty release schedule compared to Archie ?

IDW art probably takes longer

No thats not it.

Archie had so much of it it’s fucking laughable. The fact it had any is proof enough it didn’t deseve to exist as a comic in the first place

obsessed

>no argument
I accept your concession. Archie’s godawful focus on shitty, innapropriate and insulting relationship drama was an awful and over-prevalent plot point that deserves to be criticised as the glaring flaw it is.

Because people cant accept the fact that The FF cast had way better character development than the New OC's that IDW has

ITT: Bullied people mad at the new comic because it got more attention than the old one

Attached: STC100-SuperSonic[1].jpg (652x678, 94.1K)

This is you, OP. This is how you sound.

Attached: tumblr_4f73831344cb7ff1bf639062088abcf5_e9fe94fe_540.jpg (540x775, 194.26K)

Late Archie > IDW > Penders Archie

Unfortunate that it ended. Maybe IDW should resurrect the concept and see if that goes anywhere.

the problem is because the comic is so tied with the games , they cannot explore things without establishing it for everything first.
You cannot have something like the Silver age because Silver future has not been explored
Its why tailstube will be moving forward to introduce or reintroduce concepts

Woah now, let's be fair here. OP might suck cocks on a regular basis but they aren't making definitive, ludicrous statements about the quality of one over the other.

Post-Reboot Archie >= Pre-Reboot Archie 160+ >>> IDW >>> Pre-Reboot Archie up to 50?? (when it's just silly) > power gap > Pre-Boot Archie during Penders reign

I legit miss that concept of Super Sonic. I still think it’s the best interpretation, and gives a reason why Sonic doesn’t use it every time.
I was hoping the movie was going to sort of go that route, so it’s kind of a shame they didn’t l.

Fleetway. No contest.

I think it's a bit much in the execution but dig what you're saying. A toned down version in which Sonic's cocky my-own-way attitude is amplified to unmanageable levels could work well.

Yeah he is. The IP count didn't increase enough for it to be anything else.

Around thirty replies from 13 anons sounds about right for Sonic-induced autism

What are you talking about?

Are you able to say what you like about IDW?

sure
>what I like about idw
COOL art and drawings
Game character focus and sometimes variety with the new characters
I liked both annuals
They feel like the game characters and not a different interpretation
Shorter arcs and the chemistry between characters with the writing.
I like the platypus a lot
>what it lacks
You can feel sega is playing it safe and so does Ian. They just not create a lot of new areas or World building because Its tied to the games. That is why the dead of two worlds will help a lot.

Because when they do give you legitimate reasons you just ignore them and pretend they never said it.

>Game characters
Like Tangle and Whisper and the clown girl and Surge and...?

Another bait thread where Archiefags shit on IDW and capesize the thread and then gaslight later blaming it on IDWfags.

Archie makes more weebs seethe, so I'm going to guess that, just based on the fact that mogging SEGA of Japan's own writing is so utterly easy to do.

>Shorter arcs and the chemistry between characters with the writing.

Didn't the Metal Virus arc just end after running for years?

Lol, no. It's westoids seething while SoJ and its fans don't even think about them.

Sonic the Comic

>tangle and whisper being as importante and focus
lol, Maybe in their mini

Me too, maybe in a future movie he goes full schizo,
just kidding such a kino idea will never ever happen sadly.

1. How would Archiefags capsize the thread in ways IDWfags would not?
2. How would that in turn be blamed on IDWfags?
3. How do you expect these predictions to be taken seriously when your post comes off as paranoid schizophrenia over Sonic of all things?

>1. How would Archiefags capsize the thread in ways IDWfags would not?
But rudely coming in and shitting on the IDW comic because it's not like Archie and forcing the IDWfags to get vicious against it?

>2. How would that in turn be blamed on IDWfags?
Because after Archiefags shit on everything they then play innocent and go "Wow, look at this thread. IDWfags sure are autistic, amirite?"

>3. How do you expect these predictions to be taken seriously when your post comes off as paranoid schizophrenia over Sonic of all things?
There is no schizophrenia. I'm recalling what I see in every thread that has IDW. What you're doing is gaslighting the entire issue.

Look, IDW is for a different audience than Archie and all of the fans of Archie going feral because it doesn't have the Freedom Fighters or some shit is not gonna suddenly make people who already like it somehow see the error of their ways and read Archie, it just creates more of this console war-tier crap.

Not that user but the last three times I've seen this thread it's pretty much been Archiefags claiming that it's impossible to dislike their version for any legitimate reason.
Because surely, they can't dislike it because its an ill fitting melodramatic soap opera that focuses on furry bait OCs and rips off holocaust imagery. It's gotta be because they're weebs or something.

If IDW is for a different audience than Archie then you must see why all of the IDWfag posts about how "Archie was never good and IDW is so much better" would rub people the wrong way, right?

>"Archie was never good and IDW is so much better"
You say this, but I keep seeing it the other way around.

?

>user says it's archiefags ruining idw threads
>anyone hating on idw give actual reasons as to why they don't like it
>even people that don't like archie say what they don't like about idw
>the most low quality posts are the ones just shitting on archie and throwing around buzzwords and getting irrationally angry
>go to /sthg/ which is entirely anti-archie
>shitposting and flinging shit at each other
>anons praising their favorite games and shitting on other games
>basically anarchy and chaos
>see the exact same kind of images and posting over there as in the idw threads when things go to shit
There's a reason why everyone points at the general for all the problems in these threads. No surprise they're trying to shift blame onto someone else.

Attached: THINK SONIC THINK.jpg (1920x1080, 527.47K)

Let's just ease out ourselves and put out our tridents and torches. is right, so why don't we just embark on a much better and more flexible subject? This is just toys versus toys.

Like of course, the hot men and boys of Sonic. From which comic/cartoon do you love males the most? Personally, Archie has done tons on good twink and bara fanservice, so I'm hoping IDW does the minimum on surpassing it. Tumble and Rough are sweet brothers, and you just know there's "chemistry" amidst Nite and Don.

Attached: fixin' and fishin'.webm (1122x312, 103.4K)

He didnt say anything wrong? He even put the reasons why he didnt like archie

>Immediately goes to the /sthg/ boogeyman.
And to think I was ready to reply to you seriously.

It kind of sounds like your first day on Yea Forums coupled with a persecution complex. Shitting on stuff and us-vs-them slapfights is pretty much the reason this site exists. These threads have never stood out as any sort of exception to me, with the exception of right now thanks to these complaints.

Having a persecution complex is also a part of the core Yea Forums experience.

>accusing others of having a persecution complex.
Oh the irony.

In my experience (and let me qualify by saying this is outside of shit boards like Yea Forums), anons tend to avoid outright calling attention to it because they know it looks like a desperate cope, easily dismissed.

I'll need to know which arbitrary group you're dumping me into to preserve your emotional convenience