Green Lantern: the Animated Series

How was it so kino, bros?

Attached: MV5BMTk5NzA0ODA5Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzU2MTg0Nw@@._V1_.jpg (1435x2048, 556.41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ZK86JVNIy5Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

was it?

It was the greatest

It was a decent show in a sea of pure shit, so by comparison to 2010s CN it’s kino.

>Green Lantern
Pathetic

Attached: rbfslf7o3lz71.jpg (1280x720, 73.51K)

Attached: LANOS.png (512x288, 190.26K)

fun characters and story but something about it visually puts it above other CG shows for me

Visually it did a really good job portraying aliens in a natural way, which is absolutely essential for anything centered around Green Lanterns.
That, and that there were elements of Bruce Timm's iconic style with the broad shouldered males and hourglass females.

Attached: tomarre.jpg (1080x533, 186.06K)

Not kino enough to stay on the air

Beware was alright. It not as good as this show, but I had more fun with it than YJ, Thundercats, or Korra.

GLTAS bros, assemble!

Attached: all_together_now__by_junryou_na_kokoro Rosie Sinner.jpg (800x420, 79.03K)

>Hey guys.

Attached: Anti-Monitor 01.jpg (1920x1080, 183.13K)

I think the saddest thing about this show's cancellation was that it truly needed one more season to finish its story. If Cartoon Network had ordered 52 episodes instead of 26, it could've been a complete tale.

youtu.be/ZK86JVNIy5Q

For those of you Aya bros who missed this.

season 2 when?

I wanna see Blue Lantern Razer so bad

Attached: tumblr_mjtpdfIYs91rl0ouxo1_1280.jpg (898x831, 213.77K)

I like him better without the helmet

Attached: fJaKhsO.jpg (1248x772, 165.25K)

Never ever, especially if WB is going to prioritize the live-action series.

Hopefully never. Imagine the do to GLTAS the same thing they did to Young Justice, pic related. We better keep the series pure in our memory.

Attached: my wife and my husband.png (1920x1080, 1.42M)

Also Hal is on the outs.

> Episode were razer lets other aliens fuck aya while meditating

a very down-powered version of the anti-monitor.
I can live with it but I wish they either used another villian or made up their own.

Imagine waiting 10 years for Razer to find Aya and then these fuckers bring the series back just to have Aya cheat on Razer.

Attached: 71eb74f275cb39be2ece752047783d03.jpg (495x900, 87.96K)

Kek

Attached: Mogo arrives.webm (1280x720, 2.08M)

Attached: Mogo Saint Walker blast.webm (960x540, 2.78M)

Attached: Red Lantern fleet.webm (1280x720, 1.11M)

Attached: Saint Walker.webm (1280x720, 2.95M)

Attached: Atrocitus vs Hal.webm (1280x720, 1.73M)

does this show have Parallax?

Attached: Aya and Razor.webm (1280x720, 2.81M)

user made a monkey paw wish for the greatest GL show ever.
And so the show was made, but so was the movie.

It's hilarious how people are so damn triggered over 15 seconds of an episode.

Because of the movie? Animation isn't affected by what the live action people do anymore. They can use Hal just fine.

Nope but it has the Aya-Monitor

Cancelled because the movie and its toy sales flopped.

Attached: tumblr_314501962d06919e52e317a5675ef952_85c30bf3_540.png (540x603, 340.63K)

>so obsolete that he doesn't even earn a Halposter's reply
KEK

Nah, it was TOO kino to stay on the air.

Razer is too pure.

It's almost crazy how many action cartoons died in that period due to lack of toy sales. The early 2010s action cartoons really could've thrived if they had come out now.

It reminded me of Brave and the Bold which was also kinda harkening back to BT.

As kids we couldn't even buy the toys unless we had some cash to spare. Now Gen XYZ has money and all the toys are just scalped ad nauseum to count towards any meaningful toy sales numbers. But streaming hits count.

I liked it overall, but wish there was less energy blasts and more constructs.

Attached: 1649342976203[1].png (680x680, 260.21K)

>Because of the movie? Animation isn't affected by what the live action people do anymore. They can use Hal just fine.

Possibly, and obviously things are very much up in the air at the moment, but at the moment DC seems.... hestistint to do much with Hal period.

so good it was canceled mid season cause of lack of interest and lack of toy sales.

Attached: 806A9064-0993-43A1-92BC-6137A8D31E54.jpg (850x534, 75.99K)

IIRC it was a budget thing sadly. More constructs meant more models to make, animate, etc.

Attached: zyyit53wl1w844d2o1.jpg (736x1030, 134.01K)

Yeah. I remember people were pushing up YJ's ratings in particular back in 2013, but it still didn't matter since the shows were funded primarily through Mattel's investment. The thing about GL:TAS is that it didn't even have its own toy line. Besides some collectors items, they didn't start a child-directed line because the GL movie flopped hard and poisoned the brand.

>How was it so kino
Aia, and to a lesser extent, Razer.
That's it.

I'd add St Walker but yeah, it was a well written story

>
>It's hilarious how people are so damn triggered over 15 seconds of an episode.
People get triggered over everything. Hell more people get triggered if you DONT include lgbt representation

Yeah his Blue Lantern look should just be his RL suit but without the helmet and bits that jut out imo

I know the implication is that Razer becomes a Blue Lantern in the end, but I thought it would be more interesting if he stayed red. His rage will always be a part of him, but now he’s made peace with it and uses it as more righteous anger to make sure nothing like what happened to him will happen to anyone else. It gives depth to the Red Lantern corp, just because you have anger doesn’t mean you’re evil

source on that image?

Focus on characters and telling a complete story in 13 episodes each that still left room for more.

It was very clearly modeled on Anime Cour and it worked spectacularly because of it.

It's been more than ten years, why do you still call him "Razor"?

>and lack of toy sales
It didn't even get any toys thanks to the live action movie.

It's paradoxical, without the live action movie they wouldn't have made it, but because the Live Action movie failed toy stores straight up said no to any more Green Lantern toys period even from a different medium, so they didn't even make it past prototyping, so they had no means to make money to keep going. Green Lantern the movie was its birth and its death.

i want to stick my cock down aya's throat so bad

Attached: 1630431086215.png (1291x1080, 715.86K)

Saint Walker became one of my most favorite characters in any cape media aftet this show.

This was the only version of Hal I liked and the only time they did one of those "Superheroes Love Interest breaks up with him" that I ever actually thought made perfect sense.

I still can't believe the first half ending came out at the exact same time as Season 1 of Korra's ending and they handled the exact same situation so infinitely better. It boggles my mind that the higher budget one from the writers people couldn't stop dicksucking had the ending of "Everyone just goes home and forgets the invasion without resolving anything and Korra gets her powers back cause reasons", and then GLTAS of all things comes out and decides "Instead of that, Hal figures out the villains had a point and stopped them from leaving so they could actually talk about and resolve the underlying issue that caused the invasion." They could have just run off in a "I'll get you next time Gadget" situation, but this is seriously the one time I've seen a superhero stop them and actually decide they need to talk things out now that the one unreasonable super asshole is dealt with instead of lumping them all in. GLTAS did so many things so different and all of them were for the better.

The one where their rings stop working and they can't understand each other was really good.

The one part of this show I cannot praise enough is that usually everyone does stuff that makes sense. I know that sounds weird, but just to compare at the same time this was being aired we had the insane relationship bullshit with Megan and Superboy in YJ and the relationship drama so bad even Bryke admitted it in Korra. Having actual relationship drama that makes sense in a show and makes you understand and maybe even like the characters more because of it just seemed impossible at the time.

Sure, Aya goes crazy, but every event leading up to it was done with everyone genuinely trying their best. Sure, Hal and Carol break up, but it's because Carol genuinely was worried he was going to try to be with her instead of saving lives and she didn't want someone to get hurt over a date with her. That makes perfect sense and it actually seems like there are drawbacks to being a hero without going on a full depression arc. Hal straight up actually almost kills Razer because that's how someone in the moment would react. Even the villain in the Steam Lantern episode made perfect sense, even if he was wrong. It just felt good to watch a show where nobody held the stupid stick just to get a plot moving or to inject relationship drama.