'NIMONA' has been picked up at Netflix and will release in 2023

twitter.com/thecartooncrave/status/1513518197626056704
>'NIMONA' has been picked up at Netflix and will release in 2023
Seems the legacy of Blue Sky will love on

Attached: 1643287922632.png (1920x804, 1.15M)

Other urls found in this thread:

imfineimfine.com/p/jump?s=r
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Good, haven't read the original comic but she looks cute and I liked She-ra.

Remember: Disney kept Noelle from finishing this movie when they got it from Fox. Noelle had to fight for this to happen!

>netflix picks up the lumber dyke movie
What a surprise

Attached: 82AAD6CE-F23F-4604-A5D1-897BFBB19041.jpg (735x568, 107.58K)

Watch it be incredibly mediocre and watered down.

Half of me wants to support it out of spite to Disney, but the other half refuses to support anything associated with Noelle after the atrocious she-ra reboot.
I’ve never seen the original, but it’s probably also about hooking up with abusers and undermining war crimes for the power of gay. I imagine a gayer Raya and the Last Dragon.

Disney is still the owner, they did it due Bob Chapek's LGTBQ+ controversy

It’s still gonna shame them forever since they were the ones who canned it, and now it will be only availability on Netflix, not Disney. Nobody will thank Disney for the movie ever.

>And now it will be only availability on Netflix, not Disney

Until the contract expires like those Marvel shows

Stevenson is literally the most mentally ill person I've ever seen, and not in a "they are lgbt" sense by they legit seem unhinged and about to suicide any minute.
How are they handed hundreds of millions of dollars for projects with no effort?

They’re queer and make queer content. People hire them because they either care about LGBT rep and don’t look into their fucked up history (or gloss over it), or they’re execs desperate to pander to gays for a quick buck and just pick a name that’s popular

Attached: samus-what.png (346x360, 51.94K)

That’s a pretty easy comment to understand, you must be kinda slow

Didnt she man thing only get popular because some producer followed her on tumblr and got her a job on wonder over yonder or something?

Attached: 476C27A3-58A1-4BA3-A05D-24C5D7742C92.jpg (1200x672, 78.05K)

>no sidecut
A minor upgrade that makes me slightly more optimistic.

I dunno, maybe her Nimona comic got popular and Blue Sky wanted to make a movie out of her. Dreamworks made a movie about The Bad Guys, a book series I didn’t know existed until that movie was revealed. These things are popular in certain areas

> A Knight is framed for a crime he didn’t commit and the only person who can help him prove his innocence is Nimona, a shape-shifting teen who might also be a monster he’s sworn to kill. Set in a techno-medieval world unlike anything animation has tackled before, this is a story about the labels we assign to people and the shapeshifter who refuses to be defined by anyone.
Plot sounds boring but the world might be interesting

>Dreamworks made a movie about The Bad Guys, a book series I didn’t know existed until that movie was revealed.
The tim burtony art style on the covers of those books looks better then the homogenized furry art style they went with for the movie
>These things are popular in certain areas
Is gay soap opera drama really popular or is it just a very vocal minority online? Honest question im curious

So are they remaking the movie from the ground up or are they finishing what's already there

I think the later but im not entirely certain

Well. Yes but it's rude to assume.

finishing what's already there, Disney gave them the ok to finish it....still wondering why they let Netflix distribute it, instead of Disney+ or Hulu.

If it’s airing on 2023 then no way they’re making it from the ground up, unless it looks cheap as fuck. It’s just them completing it, it was already mostly finished.
At most there will be two more gay scenes, since there’s no way the original had more than the bare minimum representation.

Eeh I like the new artstyle. It's clearly inspired by European comics and that's way more creative than ripping off Tim. I mean people still think he directed Nightmare before Christmas and Coraline and it was going to be the same with Bad Guys if they used the original artstyle

Define
>care about LGBT rep
Because I guarantee you no major studio actually gives a shit outside of how much money they can squeeze out of them.

It's not Noah now?

Industry people have been practically salivating over this shit for ages now and chimped the fuck out when it got canned, I honestly don't get what the big deal is. I mean, the synopsis doesn't sound super amazing or anything, and the comic frankly looks like shit.

You know Netflix is desperate when they're buying Disney's dregs to fluff up their mediocre content.

No major studio cares, but workers inside the industry do, and can move some strings to get things made.
Disney doesn’t care about Colombia, but most people who worked on Encanto clearly love it and wanted to do proper representation, and people inside that crew moved some strings so the movie would be faithful to the culture, and not some stereotype.
Noelle got to make her gay She-Ra not, because the owners of MOTU give a shit about queer rep, but because contacts she had helped her get away with it

It has gays in it.

That's it.

Queer rep, that’s just it. I doubt most of them know the story. They just hear it’s the work of a trans man.
I don’t even think Noelle is directing this, it’s just an adaptation by other people

Alphabet people are desperate to keep pushing gender fluid characters. The slippery slope is a law to queers.

>Originally was just having same-sex couples get married
>Now it's grooming children to fuck

>I honestly don't get what the big deal is
Fags, that's all it comes down to, the industry for some bizarre reason is mostly fags now and they're absolutely desperate to make every character gay now.

It was made by a gay white woman(who is now pretending to be a man) who lives in California. So she's one of the most non-oppressed yet thinks they're oppressed person known to man, and the most whinest demographics to boot.

of course other people like that jerk themselves off over that.

>Disney doesn’t care about Colombia, but most people who worked on Encanto clearly love it and wanted to do proper representation,
Bull fucking shit.
A colo chicano's us warped ideas of colombia is not representation

> A colo chicano's us warped ideas of colombia is not representation
Is that why most of the world, including colombians who live in their country, all think it was good representation? They’re all dumb except you huh

Encanto wasnt popular in latam. It felt artificial and with mamy good reasons.

Contrast it with Coco that's pretty much universally agreed to be correct.

You wont get the differences if you are not one of us.

>LGBT movie hype
>Movie most likely gonna get censored in China, and the Middle East.
>There are gonna be multiple threads dedicated to this movie when it comes out.
>It's made by the same person who made that shitty She-Ra reboot.

Attached: Brain damage.png (852x641, 199.43K)

Why was it Top 1 on Disney+ Latam from release until when Turning Red came out then? (And it still begin Top 5 after that too)

>this is a story about the labels we assign to people and the shapeshifter who refuses to be defined by anyone.

She sounds like another Noelle self-insert character.

>75% done
>Should still be here by this Fall
>2023

Encanto and Coco are equally beloved. You’re living under a rock.

They want to add more gay to it. That and do some marketing for it.

I'm probably not going to watch but I'm glad for all the people who worked on it. And thank god they developed a unique style for the movie and didn't try to just CGI Noelle's style.

Attached: 1631682059289.png (512x468, 176.63K)

>It's made by the same person who made that shitty She-Ra reboot.
The threads will never end.

Attached: 9C5A4ACC-ABB7-461A-AAA0-25170F6292BE.jpg (811x993, 60.62K)

I think Stevenson also comes from what seems to be a well-off christian republican family.

She's not exactly part of the underprivileged group.

I tried to read some of her later substack comics recently and she flat out says she has depression. It's sad.

I'm guessing her family cut her off. Or she burned bridges with them.

>didnt read the book
you dont get an opinion faggot

He's one-note like that

How's that transition going for her, him whatever?

This

So the film Blue Sky was working on? Is the same team going to finish it?
Or did Netflix pick up the title and are making their own? Stevenson isn't going to be involved with the film right?
As an aside if one didn't care for reboot She-Ra at all is Nimona worth reading? I enjoyed some of Stevenson's tumblr comics back in the day and Nimona's got that look but She-Ra was really annoying and most of Stevenson's recent comics are lame gender feels crap.

Damn
I've had the comics recommended to me by both people whose opinion I respect and those whose opinion I don't, but could never find the will to read it because of how shitty the art is
This is looking pretty nice though

Disney clearly does or the CEO wouldn't be doing what he does

>So the film Blue Sky was working on? Is the same team going to finish it?
>Or did Netflix pick up the title and are making their own? Stevenson isn't going to be involved with the film right?
They only credited the producers and main stars, so if anyone knows if the producers are the same ones from the original project, then that should answer some of it.

Disney as a corporation sees the LGBT community as a statistic and a way to make money, like most other corporations. The CEO and the company weeks ago got caught giving away money to the sponsors of that republican "don't say gay bill" so it could have cheaper to non-existent taxes on its Florida properties. It got caught being two faced and then did an about face and was now against the bill, well after the checks cleared and the bill already went through the state Senate.

Disney doesn't give a damn about LGBT, only some of the employees do.

Idk she has transition comics under a paywall and I'm not paying to see that.

There is a free one were Noelle is aware that she doesn't easily pass as a man, and one in which involves jumping of a cliff? It's maybe metaphorical for something else but It's a potential red-flag

imfineimfine.com/p/jump?s=r

I'm assuming it's metaphorical for coming out as trans? It's weird to make it something so ominous though. Even weirder since Stevenson's already out as non-binary. Maybe coming out as a trans man - makes a little more sense given we know how Stevenson feels about men.
I hope she's seeing a real therapist in all this.

I said this when Toil and Trouble got cancelled, and I'll say it again. If Faust had any sense, she would have repackaged it into a one-off movie that could act as a pilot if it does well. Netflix is looking for good deals. A half-finished movie with no further commitment like Nimona is a good deal to Netflix.

I see we have a fucking buzzfeed guy in a lead role, so the budget doesn't seem great.

I hope this at least triggers some hilarious regret comics. She's already been talking about how she doesn't understand herself and she's incredibly depressed. I'm interested to see what seeing her self insert from when she wasn't a 30 year old "guy" will do to her mentally.

Attached: https___bucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com_public_images_5c269e84-3152-42ed-8504-bde95d950960_1591x1787.jpg (1591x1787, 144.21K)

>A half-finished movie with no further commitment like Nimona is a good deal to Netflix.
Sure but that's easier than making a Toil and Trouble from the ground up

I was thinking the same. Knowing she has to come out to her family. Or reveal her new name since I think ND is short for "non-disclosure"

But she has made public all of this. Assuming her family looks into her wiki page or her comics or watched her show.

I could also be that she is transitioning into what is basically a white man. Which she seems to hate above all men. That must be a bizarre thing to come to terms with.

>I hope she's seeing a real therapist in all this.

Hope so too.

Annapurna bought the rights to the project last year and is having it finished up at DNEG Animation (they did the animation for Ron's Gone Wrong) with the same directors and some of the same crew that were working on it at the time of Blue Sky's closing. Netflix is just distributing it on their service. Noelle isn't involved with it much other than it being based on her original comic (she's not even a producer according to today's articles)

Attached: Web capture_11-4-2022_124336_twitter.com.jpg (805x1005, 168.05K)