We could have had the return of Hector, along with a new Hawk Family

> We could have had the return of Hector, along with a new Hawk Family.

Fuck constantinefags

Attached: FPvmtEbXIAE_dky.jpg (1359x2048, 737.21K)

Don’t blame fans of a character for wanting a book, blame DC for having fans fight each other for a chance to get a book when it’s very obviously skewed towards Batman winning again.

>Expecting popularity contest end up in Hawkman winning

LMAO

Didn't the description say that Hector was going to be a Hawk themed hero?

Seems like it would kinda miss the point of the character

> Hector
> A Point

It was a Thanagarian version of Hector

Attached: 5CED0759-415E-497D-9D04-20BD421C2FEA.jpg (724x960, 109.38K)

>Fuck constantinefags
they would like it

Batman is in the Constantine thing?

Did Hawkman lose already?

when does round 3 start? are we going to have to wait a month like last year?

No but SS: Dark features vampire Batman and Raven so they are going to win no matter what.

Ok, thanks. Suicide Squad Dark sounds fairly interesting actually. I like multiverse shenanigans.

I like multiverse shenanigans when they're done good.

Yes but they should just put out this and most of the other comics instead of this Round Robin stuff. Or better yet just put it in an anthology comic and have people vote which story should continue every 3 or 6 months.

I came here to say this. I know how printing books cost money and the round robin is theoretical here to pick out the book people are most likely to buy but these are gonna be limited series anyways so they should just go ahead and make them.

>All the JSA ones lost
If Williamson isn't the one writing the JSA book he said was upcoming then DC is definitely gonna cancel it.

I think they mentioned being open to publishing them in a different format (backups/anthology/etc) but it sounds like damage control considering people are shitting on them mercilessly for doing this again. I mean if people keep bullying DC about it they might cave and do at least a few of them, like they only put a JLQ story in the winter anthology because people were pissed they put it against the Batman book in the first round.

>people are shitting on them mercilessly for doing this again
the people crying are far outnumbered by the people voting. dc will continue to do these every year because they bring eyes to their social media accounts.

I bet if JSA was in Round Robin, it would win the whole thing.

They had 3 JSA books: a Hawkman/Hawkwoman one with a new Hector, Wildcat, and Alan.

you're delusional

Yeah but the people voting will also outnumber the people buying.

None of these books were going to sell, that's why they were tossed into this contest. They are using failed pitches nobody will buy to try and get eyes on their social media, that's it.

At a certain point it’s just going to piss people off and fan engagement will be next to nothing especially when the contest is clearly skewed towards Batman

>it’s just going to piss people off
It really isn't. A handful of people are assblasted their C-Lister lost, but most people just see it as a fun vote.

Eh again as I said at some point that won’t be the case people get tired of the same thing wins over and over and fan engagement will decrees each time

Bunch of whiny manbabies throwing a tantrum? Oh noes!

This whole thing is just bunch of low selling mini ideas where the fanbase gets to choose what gets published. It's not DC's fault everyone will prefer anything Batman oriented to A D-lister like Hawkman.

>It's not DC's fault
It is though because they're the ones selling.

JSA Team book

nobody cares about the jsa user.

It is very much their fault, they could actively push to make their multitudes of other characters popular but no they are lazy and just constantly go the easy route of Batman which the majority of those Batman books sell like shit

Especially not DC.

>editorial wanted them gone with COIE
>wait the writer we were trying to screw over actually tried to write a decent ending for them
>editor gets mad that a JSA book exists and cancels it at 10 issues despite sales actually going up because fuck these guys
>finally kill most of them off in Zero Hour
>don't worry JSA fans we're also going to treat their kids like utter shit in these 90s books
>aww fuck this relaunch is successful and has young people in it might have to actually ride this out :/
>finally deage them within new 52 because older heroes are scary and gross and uncool, get rid of their kids and legacies because fuck those guys too
>make all but like three of them fucking useless because we want more Batman and Superman in the book
>why are the sales bad, see nobody wants JSA
>hey so you guys want the JSA back?
>5 years later
>one special for JSA adjacent characters and Alan and Todd being the only ones relevant in a mediocre event and a couple antho stories

Attached: moping golden age geezers.png (570x515, 502.56K)

Imagine a grocery store that operates like DC comics, imagine a grocery store that sells only cake frosting. It's a store where managment refuses to unload and stock the shelves with anything but cake frosting with their logic that their customers only like cake frosting.

oh boy it's another cry about dc selling books that sell instead of obscure z-listers nobody has heard of thread. listen niggers nobody cares about dc anymore besides batfags. plenty of shitty characters nobody likes have ongoings and nobody buys them. non-batman related ongoings don't sell at dc, that's why they are releasing more mini-series with other characters than ever before. you fags always ignore them but will then cry about how character x doesn't have an ongoing when you refused to buy the mini-series they just had. if you actually want more variety at dc you have to actually be willing to spend money on non-batman books, which almost nobody on Yea Forums does.

>that's why they are releasing more mini-series with other characters than ever before
Except they aren't, dipshit, which is the problem. Every new non-Batman mini announced is preceded by and followed by a Batman related mini or ongoing.

And you can try to reason it by saying cake frosting sells, who doesn't like cake frosting?
But half the store's shelves are empty because cake frosting alone can't fill them. The gorcery store can try to sell every cake frosting imaginable but people really don't care for the less popular cale frosting and the store is still half empty.

>But half the store's shelves are empty
They aren't empty. They are full of shit nobody buys.

Pay attention to what I'm saying about the cake frosting because supply can create demand.
Because right across the grocery store is another grocery store that has more or a selection and all intents and purposes they're doing better selling product. When they want to sell orange they create a demand for oranges and get people talking about how good those oranges are.

>food analogies
yup, batman haters are retards.

They rely on Batman because every single fucking time they try to give you something new, original, different, etc. you go "I WANT BATMAN!" and then the books sell like shit and get cancelled within a year because nobody bought them, because you only care about what's "important".

DC is a business. As a business you publish what sells and that's Batman. You have nobody but the market to blame. Yet you refuse to admit the fault lies in the readers because then you can't just blindly blame DC.

No user they are empty because the grocery stoclre doesn't bother to stock anything besides cake frosting.

This is such a stupid and easily debunked lie that it's embarrassing you even tried to strawman it.

Where were you when DC put out several entirely new IPs? Where were you when New 52 pushed multiple underrepresented genres? Where were you during DCYou when they went out of their way to do things differently and offer shit that wasn't just Batman? You were there whining how it sucked and you didn't buy anything and then DC went "well I guess we just gotta put out more Batman" since Batman keeps being their biggest seller.

>you go "I WANT BATMAN!"
No I don't. Word to the wise, if your argument immediately falls into trouble when somebody can just say no.

>Where were you when DC put out several entirely new IPs?
I was buying those. Was I supposed to be also selling them too user? Am I supposed to be DC's unpaid advertising wing?

It's not a food analogy, it's a store analogy.

Then you're a whiny minority who doesn't understand that those books don't sell and that's why DC doesn't publish them anymore and will rather sell Batman that is a guaranteed seller.

Your analogy doesn't work because you are desperate to exaggerate the situation. Half the store is frosting, half the store is other food, but the only thing that sells is frosting. Even you who cries about them only selling frosting refuses to even look at the other offerings they have. You don't want them to sell other things, you want them to sell less of the thing you don't like.

Look at Marvel for a minute. Now how is it that Marvel doesn't have any problem selling their lesser known characters to the people like DC does?

>Marvel doesn't have any problem selling their lesser known characters
they do you fucking retard. you are actually fucking delusional.

So it's my fault as a indiviudal consumer and DC the mutli million dollar publisher has nothing to do with it?

>Half the store is frosting, half the store is other food
Even when you're trying to hijack the analogy you still fail because no grocery store should be half cake frosting.

No user they don't, they managed to sell characters like the guardians of the galaxy, shang chi, Scarlet witch, and Moon Knight. The public knows these characters now, they watch the movies and shows.

The fact is that DC should be working to make other characters guaranteed sellers. It's not up to the buyers to do that, it's up to the seller.

But they absolutely do, wtf are you talking about.

You are at fault for not understanding how business works if you whine about DC not continuously putting out books that then get cancelled after six issues because nobody buys them.

>wtf are you talking about
Marvel and DC aren't just comic companies, in fact I bet comics make them the least amount of money. Batman being the number one comic book doesn't matter if two episodes of Moon Knight can eclipsed him.

Exactly what are they supposed to do? Keep publishing characters that don't sell and just lose money year after year? They keep putting out anthologies, event spin-offs, make big fucking deal about publishing new shit for all the whiny fucks who demand new ideas, they do weird minis about obscure characters. But it's apparently enough for you. They somehow never do it right. So what the fuck is it that they aren't doing that would magically make Plastic Man sell 100k per issue? Let me guess: write good stories? Fuck off, you entitled whiny cunt.

I'm entirely faultless here user because it's not my job to sell comic books, it's DC job.

Trust me mate I don’t want batman, I’m absolutely sick of batman. The only reason I’ve purchased a Batman comic in the last couple years was because it was attached to the Superman 78 subscription

>Exactly what are they supposed to do?
Their job? Selling comic books is their job.
>Keep publishing characters that don't sell and just lose money year after year?
What good does owning these characters do if you're not using them?
>So what the fuck is it that they aren't doing that would magically make Plastic Man sell 100k per issue?
Find a way to make Plastic man popular.

DC can't help it if people only want to read Batman instead of Hawkman. The market has made it very clear they do not pay to read about c-listers.

>Selling comic books is their job.
they are selling comics. you're just throwing a tantrum because they aren't selling the comics you want.

No lie DCYou was actually what brought me back to reading DC after Nu52 burned me out. Bizarro was a fun as fuck book

>Exactly what are they supposed to do?
Advertise, find a way to make a demand for their supply.
>Keep publishing characters that don't sell and just lose money year after year?
They're a multi million media empire, they're not losing money printing comics.

>Their job? Selling comic books is their job

And they're doing their job by selling more Batman.

>Well just make people want Plastic Man!

Publishers don't dictate what people want to buy. They occasionally offer Plastic Man and then it doesn't sell so they publish something else. That's how you operate a business.