What are your hopes for the King Of The Hill revival?

What are your hopes for the King Of The Hill revival?

Attached: E8XE-hGWUBMHDsv.png (792x318, 382.74K)

I dont even think a modern day King of the Hill would tackle streaming it would still somehow feel like it regressed backwards like Hank is still watching Football off his same American TV he was watching back in Season 1.

It should be a Prequel Movie or like a HUGE time skip.

Canceled in pre-production

That it get canned before it happens.

>having hope for reboots in the year 2011+11

Why would I have hopes for the revival of a show that was honestly wearing out its welcome when it ended the first time?

stop reviving shoes and make new ones that are good please

What anime could Bobby start watching that Hank would see while passing by the TV and actually sit in and start watching?

Attached: hanks sissy gas.jpg (2282x1511, 537.59K)

None, won't watch it.

Hey dad!

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 49.65K)

Attached: 1648688024597.jpg (460x650, 84.62K)

A sports anime but nothing gay like Free

this

Maybe yuru camp. Maybe.

Simply put, I hope it's good. Hope it can capture the spirit of KotH without feeling like they're repeating the same shit we've already seem.

>Show about a lazy, directionless slacker learning about farm life, agricultural sciences and becoming a responsible member of society with a career in agriculture.

It's everything Hank has ever wanted for Bobby

Attached: MV5BZTNhODA5ZDctODNmYi00ZTM4LTg2ZWEtYzQzNjRkNzQ5ZjdhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTc3MDU1MTU@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg (1000x1429, 137.93K)

None.

Boy I tell ya, if that Piccolo were here right now, Id kick his ass.

Attached: Hank I tell you what.jpg (293x399, 28.75K)

I'm really hoping that they can maintain the harmless ignorance that motivated Hank. I feel like the show still holds up very well because of how issues are never framed as wrong or strange, but they may feel that way to a person like Hank. I never felt like the show brought categorized Hank as someone malicious or hateful - the dude just is very comfortable with normal and things that aren't that take him out of his comfort zone.

I'm worried that even if King of the Hill comes back and is EXACTLY the same as it was before the current cultural environment will put it on blast one way or the other.

Attached: kothskeptical.jpg (640x640, 54.94K)

Wait, why is this drawn like Mary Worth?
The fuck?

It's edited from a Rex Morgan strip. If you think it's weird seeing PreCure get referenced in a newspaper comic that's just because it is.

Attached: rexmorgan.png (1312x920, 2.01M)

Bobby comes out as gay

Attached: tarkus family circus.jpg (907x1176, 302.72K)

bobby get ipad

The Rex Morgan comic was inspired by a real conversation the artist had with his 9 year old daughter, I wonder if something similar lead to the Family Circus comic.

I don't see why it needs to be revived or even continued. It ended on a great conclusion with a very high note and didn't overstay its welcome. It was a good ending, satisfying, and nothing more needed or needs to be said.

Of course I'm biased against revivals and reboots in general as a rule since most of the time they never end up being very good at all.

Think it will it have the same amount of time pass since it went off air, so about 10 years. Hank would be in his early to mid 50's. Bobby will be around his mid 20's. The show will probably deal with Luanne's kid possibly being raised by Hank and Peggy since the VA's for Luanne and her husband passing away years prior the start the new series. The girl would be around her early teens.

Attached: Screenshot 2022-04-10 192044.png (2679x1500, 2.95M)

Hank would probably kill himself if he found out about Kirakira

And then next weeks episode.

Attached: responsibility.jpg (750x557, 54.27K)

The only thing a KOTH revival would be good for is expanding the legendary guest voice list

ipad

Hank gets into anime would be a good episode. I wonder what he'd watch

There is no way a conservative protagonist will be allowed after 2016. The media clique will screech and make it a PR nightmare and force it canceled early.

Hank will feel uncomfortable with Trump
Dale will talk about QAnon
I will hate it

>There is no way a conservative protagonist will be allowed after 2016
If anything Hank is the kind of conservative people like
>Honest
>Reasonable
>Not blindly loyal
>While not open minded he can be convinced to change
Dude is one of those fabled moderate republicans that died out under Trump

>I don't see why it needs to be revived or even continued.
$$$

And then there's this

Attached: content.gif.jpg (900x262, 122.78K)

>I don't see why it needs to be revived or even continued
Because the entertainment business knows that only brands sell and have neglected to create new brands from new properties. We continue to throw out Bugs Bunny, Transformers, and Ninja Turtles because they are established but practically nothing made from past the 1990s was established as a long-term brand and now, people have realized that fucking Batman and My Little Pony and all associated acts, the classic brands, are the only shit that sells to a broad audience. Nobody gave a fuck about turning The Matrix or Avatar into a brand, in fact, you can look at Avatar with numerous failures and four concurrent projects currently in the works how hard it is to create a brand nowadays. And aside from Avatar, nobody else is trying or wants to try. Shit, Game of Thrones was on the fast track to becoming a brand until they fucked that up entirely.

Mike Judge's products aren't brands but they can be exploited in the short-term to get as much out of them before the public forgets it. That's what's happening, these companies realize they cannot buy Superman for cheap anymore so they're capitalizing on all the cheap shit they neglected for decades. So they're picking up Bloom County, the back catalog Asimov and Tolkien, all this familiar shit that boomers will buy or give to their grandchildren to milk the last amount of money they can get out of these almost-brands before Tik Tok and YouTube take all the power away from their brands and put them into individuals like streamers and e-celebrities.

And this isn't to say that the loss of solid brands or the incentive to develop lasting brands is a good thing. Editorial oversight with big capital companies CAN produce quality product whereas some dipshit on Tik Tok has no editorial oversight and won't necessarily create anything that can last longer than their lifetime or requires organizations to make, like Avatar or Gravity Falls.

>sports anime
>not gay

This image is making me realize that KOTH probably would have worked better as a comic.

Very cynical answer.
But not wrong.

>>Honest
>>Reasonable
>>Not blindly loyal
>>While not open minded he can be convinced to change
Yes. Like he said. That won’t fly nowadays if we are trying to make Hank the protagonist.

Ah you're one of those types that think everything is against you

spbp

God why is it so fucking weird to see this

Is there king of the hill yaoi?

Attached: 5pltTkAz_P07Y4cHvapnx_J9BefWJ3EDYj3BqEH9RBs.jpg (500x353, 37.21K)

Hajime no Ippo if it's during a fight

I've said the exact same thing before. It really is the best way to handle it

I've been rewatching KOTH recently

I'm at about to start season 8

When does it start to get Bad? All the characters feel fleshed out and each episode is just a nice enjoyable romp

Its not I. Your face like family guy or the simpsons but is a slow burn instead

I've got hopes for a time-skip - I wonder what Bobby does for a living - does he make it as a comic? Or followed his passion for home-ec / steaks

>King Of The Hill revival
Do we really have no one with new ideas that aren't just rip offs of older things?

Because it's pre-baby boomer media that has gone on so long it's referencing zoomer weeb shit. It's like if your great grandparents were still alive and really into K-Pop.

Consider the picrel

Attached: 20220411_031731.png (754x443, 121.84K)

Why does Hank remind me of Chad here?

Eyeshield 21.

I like to imagine that Bobby does open mic once a week in Dallas trying out new material and stuff, but primarily works part time as a Butcher for some gorcery store, and is primarily supported in his endevors by his girlfriend, who I should point out is not Connie.

His life is flipturned upside down when Good Hank enters the picture, either having run away from Didi and the various men she has in her life to cycle through Cotton, or she just is incapable of taking care of him anymore as a teenager.

Bobby must put his life as an aspiring comic on hold in order to properly guide Good Hank.

YOU HAVE POSTED THIS IN TWO DIFFERENT KOTH THREADS STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT

Attached: Some people only understand violence.jpg (400x303, 14.39K)

Easily this.

no hopes, not going to watch

eh I think doing that big of a jump would be a mistake, I'd say do just big enough of one that Bobby is a year or two into High School, that way enough time has passed to accommodate for some status quo changes(such as having to write off Luann & Lucky) without being such a big gap as having to change every little thing

>2022
>Bobby Hill is probably living happier and more purposeful life than me

Attached: 56uw457.gif (498x498, 3.55M)