Ironman

What do we do about his villains? In the movies they're all evil businessmen or guys in armor, in the comics their either evil businessmen or Armoured Soviet Union members.

Attached: Tony-Stark-and-Iron-Mans-MCU-Villains.jpg (2000x1000, 425.5K)

Has he ever fought someone with EMP powers? Seems like a obvious choice.

His suit is immune to EMP's.

We can't fix shit and Iron man's rogues are shit.

His villains either need to be modernized or he needs a new rogues gallery.

He needs villains that are anti-corporations and anti-technology, say a grandpa that thinks technology is bad and goes "back in my day"

would be fun to see him fight the plant grandmas from x-men

Iron Man was never really supposed to be in the main spotlight, key part of the Avengers, but overall just another Marvel hero with villian ideas that may or not stick to the wall like Ant-Man.

Iron Man is James Bond. Of course his villains would be James Bond like villains.

He needs evil geniuses like Dr. Wily or Dr. Doom. Give him guys like A.I.M and M.O.D.O.K to fight.

His greatest villains are Captain America and himself.

A Brainiac-esque villain would be good for him.

Any character that has their own solo series for decades should have a rogues gallery.

Iron man does have a rogues gallery, they're just trash.

Thanos, Black Widow and Hawkeye stuck pretty well imo

Thanos is an Avengers villain, he mainly fucks around in space Hawkeye and Black Widow are good now.

They're not, they've just been neglected for over 20 years because Iron Man's book has sucked for most of that time.

>A.I.M and M.O.D.O.K to fight
that would make sense, but sadly it wouldn't happen since editorial folks are bend on keeping them in "too silly for long term use" character corner.

Wow, that's pretty stupid does Marvel not understand how their hindering themselves? I always thought M.O.D.O.K was a cool character.

tell me about it, Im still butthurt after all those years were they decided to dumb down Gwenpool into yet another meme sprouting zoomer character and get got surprised that it both old fans and zoomers didn't brought her books (weirdly enough the last time she show up was in one of the MODOK mini issue and was mostly written in-character).

Attached: 1473877236216.jpg (934x376, 92.18K)

Marvel's writers have been treating most supervillains who aren't A-listers like they're all pathetic jobbers for a long time, and have been more interested in heroes fighting each other than fighting villains. Iron Man seems to get a lot of writers who see him as a bad person, and no writers interested in exploring his rogues gallery.

Aaaand suggestions on how to make them not trash is what the thread is about.

It's really a shame Iron man has a lot of potential for stories and villains.

Well, OP will be disappointed because there's nothing you can do to make his villains not shit

Give him an alien robotic race or a inter-dimensional race to fight against.

I agree that he will be disappointed but let's be real. The actual reason is that Yea Forums has never been not shit at creative endeavors, especially hypothetical fanfic exercises.

>inter-dimensional race
What about some corpo on corpo violence with the Beyonders Corporations?

Ahh, now that's even better!

True

Not much, Iron-man was a D-lister before the movies and even with his popularity on the big screen, he's still treated like a D-lister in the comics.

A evil cybertronian-lite race could be good. Technology conquers or a near extinct race wants to transform earth into their home world.

*Sighs* it's hard being an Iron man fan.

Nothing.

Living Laser sort of

A surprising fact about Iron Man villains is that most of them are pretty solid in terms of powersets, they simply have designs that didn't stand the test of time. The issue is mostly just usage and powerlevels. Writers tend to get really fucky with IM powerlevels, usually by either boosting Tony far beyond any of his foes, but occasionally they're just completely inconsistent.

>A evil cybertronian-lite race could be good. Technology conquers or a near extinct race wants to transform earth into their home world.
So literally just Cybertronians

Living Laser hasn't been relevant in God knows how long.

Which is a damn shame because he has one of the sickest names in all of comics

Yes.

It really is a shame because he's one of Iron-Man's strongest enemies.

There's nothing we can do, his comics have been garbage and his rogues are forgettable.

Most marvel heroes have shit rogue galleries in general, Spidey, X-Men and F4 are the only exceptions.

His villains are fine. What they need is better stories and ways for Tony to encounter and fight them.

There's nothing wrong with villains like Living Laser, Fing Fang Foom, Dr. Doom, Dreadknight, Blizzard, Controller, Mandarin, Unicorn, etc.

There is with Dreadknight considering how little his backstory and motivation has to do with Tony.

He's one of those characters that's always been A-list in terms of his status in-story, but in terms of how his book is treated he's always been B-list, one of those guys who Marvel care about enough that he always has a solo book, but it seldom gets top-tier talent, and when he does, they rarely seem particularly invested in the job. Remember when Bendis talked about wanting to make Iron Man as important and popular in comics as he was in the movies? And within a year he was trying to replace Tony with his own OC?

This

Most of the Iron Man rogues gallery have 60s to 80s designs that that are aesthetically strong supervillain costumes, and are far more appealing to look at than any generic 00s tacticool makeovers, and a more modern revamp would probably look even worse. The problem is Tony's power creep meant he left most of them behind long ago, and Marvel writers just treating most supervillains as losers unless they're an A-list villain that even casuals have heard of.

Living Laser is the one of the only Iron Man villains who had power-creep that kept up with Tony, the problems are that he hasn't been in a big Iron Man story in decades, and he keeps appearing in other books where the writers still seem to think he's the same guy he was in the 60s, a normal man wearing wrist-lasers, and think street-level heroes can do anything to him.

Iron Man has the most underrated rogues gallery of the Avengers. Prove me wrong.

Attached: word-image-4.jpg (1600x1230, 594.66K)

What if the EMP is immune to his EMP immunity?

if his villains are so underrated, why is cantwell using korvac

That was just Bendis doing another royalties grab. Also Iron Man was Marvel A-list in the 80s.

I'd say about half of them need a serious do-over on aesthetics. The sad thing is that most of them should still be a threat to Tony even with the powercreep he's gotten over the years because they weren't exactly slouches in the first place.

I loved how they did Living Laser in Armoured Adventures.

If comics had balls they'd give him a woke villain, since it's a pretty obvious fit. But woke morons can only ever allow themselves to be portrayed as the quirky saviors of all mankind, much like Jesus freaks can't ever concede religion is bad.

Those designs are horrible

Ironmans main villain is his white privilege

His greatest villains are alcohol and the writers.

That was one of LL's best appearances and AA was one of Tony's best cartoons.

For starters his villains need a variety of powers, if their going to be guys in armoured suits, they should be like the master robots with each of them specializing in one area.

Marvel fucked themselves over to a point where it feels like only Spider-Man, Captain America, The Fantastic Four and X-Men have a rogues gallery.

Firebrand has been around since 1970.

>X-Men
>having villains anymore

Firebrand hasn't been relevant for a long time.

I'd think you've been very lucky on getting the right frequency

Yes, but they've all been violent leftist types.

You may say Iron Man is running from him like a faggot or like Floyd Mayweather did from actual challengers.
I'm starting losing respect to him

So, you want the new Firebrands to be peaceful protestors?