Trial by Stone

Trial by Stone...

Attached: The Chamberlain.jpg (315x270, 12K)

Yo' Imagine if the trail by Stoned was just these guys lighting up and just getting fucking stoned as shit man.

Fuck that make a great movie.

>show is killed forever after the most expensive tasks have already been completed
Really grabs my goat

Trail by Shitpost!

TRIAL BY STOOOOOONE

TRIAL BY STONE!

SLAVES!
RAISE THE STONE!

Execs need to be skinned and rolled in salt

whoever decided to end the prequels should be taken to trial

Wasn't there an accident at the storage facility that damaged a lot of stuff beyond repair

TRIAL BY LEAD

From what I remember there was no real exact reason why they canned it and the people running the series outright stated that everything was done and ready to shoot for season 2

Some absolute madman dragged the puppets out of the fire’s path with his bare hands, as I recall. Not just the Gelflings or Podlings, but the Skeksis and Mystics too.

Not just some random guy, it was Louis Leterrier, the director of the series who went to save the puppets. Now that's some real dedication.
If only Netflix had the same dedication as the production crew we might have the second season.

Attached: 1575088163009.jpg (1080x882, 148.95K)

TOO GOOD FOR THIS WORLD

>Cancel the bird and elf puppet show because it costs too much
>Choose to die on the hill of keeping the movie about 6 year olds twerking. Even defend themselves in court for keeping them movie.

So glad I somehow managed to get the hardcover of creation myths. Such an amazing book.

>Legitimately one of the best things to come out of animation in decades
>Cancelled after S1
It ain't fair bros

Attached: 1412313971950.jpg (482x277, 26.39K)

SHITPOST, SHITPOST, HARDER! SHITPOST!

Lmao

I actually want to create a "Trial by Stone" method on Yea Forums when two anons are arguing. What's a good system?

I'm so fucking mad
I will always be so fucking mad

Not just best in the realm of animation, I'd say it was one of the best fantasy series or movie that has come out in the last 15 years, easily in the top 5.

Attached: 1573338639816.png (1410x766, 1.23M)

Attached: skekSass.webm (480x360, 1.09M)

"we'll never know who Kira and Jen's parents actually were

I recall Covid being a factor. Even if Netflix was waffling on season 2, when pandemic hit it likely sealed the show’s fate. Puppeteers have to stand cheek to cheek sometimes, it takes two people alone to operate a single Skeksis, and at the point where everyone was meant to be maintaining a six foot distance, that probably made things a non starter.

Louis directed every episode himself. What a fucking legend.

ETERNALLY LIVID. CRYING OUT INTO THE VOID FOR THE SEASON 2.

>create incredibly niche show
>cancel it when it doesn't pull orange is the new black-level numbers

I think initial internal outlook was fairly positive. Many conclude that it getting canned was the result of a changing of the guard and a new top dog axing various projects of the prior as part of the unknowable faggotry of suits

I'm pretty sure Seladon is Kira's mother.
I recall one of the designers saying that they specifically wanted Seladon to have a high resemblance to Kira.

The new head of TV pretty much scrapped every show on the shelf the old one had greenlighted.
Doesn't help that there was some personal animosity between the two.
But to be honest we all know this show was never one to become a mainstream success. Only reason we even got it was because the former head of TV was a super Dark Crystal fan and pushed it through.
Due to the high cost it would have probably just sat on the shelf forever if it wasn't flat out cancelled.

Attached: 89377468_717257008809877_8467932950723586783_n.jpg (721x720, 31.35K)

So what you're saying is - Fauci killed Dark Crystal?

Was it ever revealed what her fate would be? I need closure bros?

Attached: Dark-crystal-age-of-resistance-deet.jpg (1200x676, 88.24K)

>what her fate would be?
Whatever it is, it's too good for Grottan filth.

I'll never not be angry about this
Absolutely based. I hope he and the rest of the show's crew continue to get work, even if it's not on more Dark Crystal stuff

Attached: 1600886431385.jpg (481x703, 61.28K)

TRIAL BY LEAD!

Have faith, our green midge waifu will survive. She's too cute to die off like that.
Henson's really need to release the damn synopsis for S2 because it's the only way we'll ever know what actually happens.
Unless of course one of us becomes a multi millionaire and funds the damn thing, that's the second option.

Attached: tumblr_0d4f52c7ff5b1bccd0a67ad53950a1de_5ee4ac7e_1280.jpg (1280x1320, 437.12K)

Whattaguy
Shame he lost the Trial By Powder to Netflix

Hard to say given how long term we know the gelflings pretty much all end up eaten.

Maybe whoever greenlit New Fraggle Rock at Apple will arrange a 2nd season.

TRIAL BY STONE

Attached: skekung.jpg (300x232, 15.74K)

Ow that the pandemic is coming to an end why not just restart season 2? I know that’s not how it works but what’s stopping them?

It all comes down to money.
Netflix simply isn't interested in restarting a product that's expensive as fuck and doesn't pull in Game of Thrones tier income.
To me it seems like that instead of funding shows that are just ok, they're trying to find a gem that's going to make them an assload of money by funding all kinds of series and then immediately scrapping them if the money isn't there.
It's a shotgun approach of trying to get a successful product that would lure in the viewers and investors.

And now other networks can see the numbers that the first season pulled so the show can't be marketed on hype or expectations anymore.
It was expensive and income was who knows what, but is certainly wasn't enough to keep Netflix interested, which means other networks won't be so easily interested either.
My personal guess is that the show is in a pretty bad position, unless someone wants to fund it as a passion project or if the Hensons agree to cut costs heavily, which I don't see as even a remote possibility and that's good.
Without a doubt they've already tried to market it to everyone interested, but no one seems to be biting.

Attached: tumblr_2fb791d9ceb4c7a9c2be791c4016980a_3576243e_2048.png (1916x1713, 1.55M)

I could reasonably see them trying to crowdfund a second season if all else fails, but I'm not sure even that would work

Attached: Seladon ref.jpg (2904x1128, 878.47K)

>doesn't strip her naked

Very disappointing.

Trial by Shitty MSPaint Edit?

How wet do you think she was when they tore her clothes?

I hate Seladon so fucking much and her being hot only makes it worse

Dangle the tail, dangle the tail!

This is as bad as Miura's death. Covid has actually fucked media raw.

Attached: Seladon.png (864x864, 825.45K)

Fuck you user
And fuck that whore too

I bet they'd have to get anywhere between 50-200 mil, so crowdfunding would probably be out of question due to that alone.
I don't know what the series cost but I do recall them talking about movie tier budgets with this one.

Those botox lips on these creatures do things to me, especially with that dark lipstick.

Attached: 1585878860163.jpg (1920x1080, 189.35K)

Post the pic of her with running makeup, never fails to make me diamonds.

Last time they did that, one of their own turned gay with themselves and now lives their day getting high and making puppets and construct. According to the PnP game, they did both one time and the result scared the shit out of rest of the Skeksis

Attached: trail by stoned.png (1002x692, 1.09M)

Here you go fellow man of culture.

Attached: 101454719_179572753387990_6632938911302771854_n.jpg (699x698, 37.06K)

PP in puppet

They should fund the second season by selling copies of the official puppets.
It would be funded in a week.

Attached: 84f5d9e639d30e5e2df226cfc4e50897.jpg (797x928, 409.95K)

skek stealing our women

Attached: go green.jpg (1335x1230, 1.02M)

Netflix wants everything to be Stranger Things, but they even ran Stranger Things into the ground and now nobody is holding their breath for season 4.