PEAK CINEMA

There's none like it.

Attached: 1649603575855.jpg (724x785, 92.77K)

Kino.

is this more fake marketing

No wonder Morbius made all the money in the world and then donated it all to charity.

what?

I love how the weird facts about Jared Leto's movies are always more entertaining than the movies themselves.

Attached: morbius-morbiussweep.gif (498x210, 300.3K)

Is this a meme account? I swear I can't tell anymore...

move over heath ledger we gotta new all time great comic book performance

Someone should hire Jared Leto to play a normal human being and see if he can act normal for once in his goddamn life.

Imagine still trying to flex your “method actor” gimmick after everyone saw you ack like a jackass during Suicide Squad, and doing so for fucking Morbius of all things.

>everyone saw you ack like a jackass during Suicide Squad

Leto is unironically still seething over that becoming such a meme.

Somebody should hire him for a movie about suicide

How did he method act for Bladerunner?

He just enjoys being an asshole, I doubt he would method act as a nice character

How has NO ONE made a Web.m of the Train Scene

You know what scene I am talking about. Not the part where Leto starts flying with the wind current of the train im talking about that laughably terrible slo mo sequence where one of the doctors (forgot his name I just know he's from Doctor Who) with a combination of bad make up and CGi is running EXTRA FUCKING SLOWLY and this scene drags on for like 5 FUCKING MINUTES before Leto jumps in front of the train

Also fuck me what even was that End Credits scene with Vulture. Are you fucking serious? Where is Venom?

This dude is the cringiest type of method actor; the ones who think that keeping up some affectation well after the camera is off is gonna help them get into character. Has shit like this ever helped anyone but Daniel Day Lewis?

Attached: 1574505506997.gif (500x326, 1003.82K)

Christian Bale keeps his character's accent until the filming and promotional things are finished. It's why so many people think he's American.

god I fucking hare Jared Leto so much

The more realistic and practical thing to do would've been to give him a catheter or at the bare minimum adult diapers, really shows how much "commitment" he had for the role

>Also fuck me what even was that End Credits scene with Vulture. Are you fucking serious? Where is Venom?
Originally it was going to be implied that this film, and by extension Venom, were connected to the MCU. There were references to Spider-Man and Toomes was going to show up in the prison scenes (shown in the earlier trailers.)
It's not clear what happened behind the scenes; they either deliberately changed course, Marvel pushed back, or there was no coordination between films, because Venom 2 and NWH came out and firmly established that Venom was NOT in the MCU.
Morbius took out the Spider-Man references, deleted the earlier Vulture scenes, and tacked on his dimension jumping bullshit in the post credits instead. They probably HAD to include him somewhere to avoid false advertising accusations, but it's very clear the way he was included was not the original plan.
And that just continues to reinforce the evidence that Sony has no idea what they're doing.

Sony is fucking OBSESSED with wanting ITS VERSION of the Sinister 6

It goes beyond an Unhealthy Obsession like they wanna do with the Sinister IP what Disney + is doing with side marvel projects literally no one but the most shameless consumer of the disney brand cares about

Case in point I finally saw the Multiverse of Madness Trailer with Doctor Strange and it directly references the events that took place in Wanda Vision but it does not make me wanna watch Wanda Vision. Like at all. Nice try Disney I do not care about Wanda.

what did he ever do to you?

They desperately want to make money off the license they own. They had plans to fly full throttle into a cinematic universe to compete with the MCU back in 2014, but then ASM2 flopped hard enough for them to put all their plans on hold.
This drove them to the table with Marvel where they signed the MCU deal.
Suddenly they're making money again, BIG money, but they have to share the profits. Naturally, they don't want to.
Venom comes out in 2018. Venom makes big, Spider-Man tier money. Immediately Sony announces it's revived it's plans for all their scrapped projects.
Their MCU contract expires, and as you might recall almost didn't get renewed because Sony was playing hardball with Marvel.
Venom made Sony think they can make Marvel money without Marvel, and all of their decisions since are suggesting an intent to break off on their own. But with Venom 2 underperforming and Morbius absolutely BOMBING we'll have to wait and see. Hopefully Kraven sucks shit too and they just give up.

I don't actually mind Spider-Man not being part of the MCU, I think competition and artistic freedom lead to better stories, but Sony has demonstrated again and again that they suck shit and can't figure out how to play ball at this level.

>They probably HAD to include him somewhere to avoid false advertising accusations, but it's very clear the way he was included was not the original plan.

Keaton let the cat out of the bag about 3-4 months ago when he said he'd recently filmed some reshoots. This was notable since it came in the wake of NWH, plus Morbius had already been completely finished and ready for release about 18 months before, so everyone figured it would be tie-in shit. What I don't think people figured is that it would be this half-assed, even by Sony Pictures standards.

The director also recently said in an interview that he hadn't been told what NWH was about until after his own movie was finished, that there wasn't any communication between projects

Also people who went to test screenings for Morbius well over a year ago, who were obviously telling the truth in retrospect since their accounts are generally fairly accurate to the final product, said that the bald Infowars-style JJ we see in the MCU Spidey movies had two brief scenes.

>What if it’s a s*** film -- what do you think you achieved? Am I impressed that you didn’t drop character? You should have dropped it from the beginning! How do you prepare for a serial killer? You gonna spend two years checking it out?

Attached: pepe mikkelsen.png (512x512, 253.71K)

I want him to play Alec Baldwin in the biopic

Wore contacts that genuinely made him blind.

>Venom 2 underperforming

This didn't happen.

I think he means comparatively, which is mainly thanks to it getting refused a Chinese release.

>Kraven sucks
I want Kraven to suck and still make bank at the box office. Fox taking Spider-Man away from Disney would be hilarious.

You mean Sony

Can someone cast Leto as the leader of a sex cult that gets arrested for his crimes? I want to see him method act all the way into prison

>we could have more Bowie kino but instead we had Leto
Fuck this timeline

> Like at all. Nice try Disney I do not care about Wanda
Remember that most of the shit that happened in the MCU is Wanda fault

How is literally anything that happened in the MCU her fault apart from Hulk going wild on that one city

It made less than Venom 1 on a higher budget.
Covid was a factor, China was a factor, so I'm not saying it underperformed because it was bad. Just that 1 made 850m on a 100m budget, and 2 only made about 550m. It's money but it's not big comparative to the other films

>There's none like it.
For better or worse, yes

I liked it...

Why didn't he method act as Morbius after getting his powers when he had to go to the bathroom?

>let Hulk go wild in the city
>killed those civilians at the beginning of civil war
>left Vision alone and unironically caused his death
>mindraped an entire town because muh depression
She has made more harm than good

>killed those civilians at the beginning of civil war
Pretty sure that was the guy with a bomb
>left Vision alone and unironically caused his death
He would have died either way this is retarded
And that's only four things, what happened to "most of the shit"?

He burned my crops and raped my daughter.

>Pretty sure that was the guy with a bomb
She sent the bomb to a building and killed the civilians there
>He would have died either way this is retarded
The wakandians were about to remove the mind stone from him, Vision died because he left to save her

MCUbros???

Attached: FPRJkwkXIBIeGDq.jpg (1080x665, 76.43K)

Ok you're right, she is definitely responsible for those two things. One hundred percent with no one else having any responsibility over those events.
How is that "most of the shit that happened in the MCU" again?

>gave the UN a reason to distrust the team even more (don´t forget she sided with the Cap instead of doing the reasonable thing and side with Tony)
>gave thanos the chance to obtain the last stone and snap half of the universe
I don´t know user, those are two big things...

The Civil War ended up being completely pointless. It did nothing.
And how does taking the gem out of Vision's head prevent the fucker who can manipulate time and reality from just taking it anyway? Were the Wakandans just going to hide it under the couch?

>The Civil War ended up being completely pointless
If you think about it both Civil War and IM 3 were pretty pointless. At least they followed that some heroes like the Cap and Black Widow ended up being outlawed while others like Ant Man were arrested. It´s Marvel fault for follow an important event with another more important event
>And how does taking the gem out of Vision's head prevent the fucker who can manipulate time and reality from just taking it anyway?
The Reality Stone and the Time Stone only worked at close range. They could have destroyed the stone and sent the pieces flying through space. Besides Thanos had no chance against Thor

you put some goofy and stupid news story out about the actor to drum up interest in them or the movie

this is pretty common for big budget movie actors which is why every couple of years a A-list movie star pretends like they don’t shower or something stupid to that sense, so that dumb news outlets make a story out of it

Pathetic

Attached: 1632848481104.jpg (500x312, 259.02K)

>She sent the bomb to a building and killed the civilians there
And in doing so saved a higher number of civilians on the ground, and regardless you're blaming the person who tried to stop the guy with the bomb rather than, you know, the guy with the bomb
>The wakandians were about to remove the mind stone from him, Vision died because he left to save her
That's not what happens at all, don't make shit up. Vision and Shuri are attacked by Corvus Glaive and Vision is thrown out the window.
But Vision died because he begged Wanda to destroy the stone. Which she did. And Thanos demonstrates that the whole exercise was pointless, because he used the time stone to reverse it. Which he would have and could have done to any scenario that didn't end in his favor.

And the whole argument is moot, because what resulted was the single possible future predicted to lead to the eventuality of Thanos's defeat. If Wanda, or Vision, or anyone else had acted differently, Thanos would have won.

Or the TVA would have pruned the timeline.

The fact of the matter is that Leto is legitimately just that much of an asshole. This isn't marketing to get you to see the film, it's already a lost cause, this is the director discussing what a fucking mess it was to make.

How hard would it have been to blame shoddy writing and character design? Leto isn't a bad actor.

>Leto isn't a bad actor
But he is

Who would want to work with this guy?

The problem is that a lot of these characters arent as interesting without Spiderman. Morbius was never really interesting , he was always a second rate Spiderman anti-hero/villain. Most of Spiderman's villains arent like Batman's villains where they're super interesting- they're not a fascinating rogue's gallery that can support a movie by themselves.

Kraven the hunter is just...a guy who hunts and is big into weirdo hunting roleplay. The Vulture is an old, cringy bastard who wants to get paid. Dr.Connors is just a mad scientist who experiments on himself and becomes a monster.

A lot of these characters arent very COMPELLING by themselves- they're compelling as antagonistic forces.

Sure, a good writer can turn anything into gold, but as Morbius proved, good writers arent exactly common, and a bad script can turn even a reputably good actor into shit. Which is sad for Leto, this is his second super hero bombing.

>The Reality Stone and the Time Stone only worked at close range.
Theoretically, can't he increase the range with the tesseract stone?

Yeah he's talking out his ass. It was a lost battle from the start

Is it really method acting when the mob breaks your legs for being in Suicide Squad?