Here's the new look of The Source from DC

Here's the new look of The Source from DC
yup, it's Jack Kirby himself

Attached: 1649614360453.jpg (375x308, 42.14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/comics/scoop-dc-will-bring-us-john-stewart-and-the-emerald-knights-in-2022/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: Green-Lantern-12-2.jpg (1248x1920, 405.46K)

oh great they turned it into a black lesbian

i wish when people tried to do jack kirby as god instead they did god as drawn by jack kirby

Attached: jack kirby god.jpg (1095x800, 259.66K)

Huh?

wew, they are really hellbent on coying marvel cosmology, aren't they?
At least this will be good materials for the hypercrisis fags.

So they’re copying stuff that Marvel did in 2004

Attached: 62B0741B-9D76-44AE-8E6A-C9E117F91CAD.jpg (602x581, 129.77K)

We Messiah again?

This is just copying Animal Man back in the late 80s.

Lame
Cope

What is this from?

an upcoming Green Lantern issue I would assume.

They are but in a dumber and more shallow way.
The FF literally met their creator in that book, Kirby had nothing to do with the creation of John.
I’d find this offensive but I don’t really give a crap anymore.

I’m pretty sure Green Lantern was cancelled though

Shouldn’t it be shuster siegal or bill finger?

Isn't it because it's Fourth World stuff?

and even before that

Attached: Marvel trading cards 1992 Eternity s-l400.jpg (302x400, 33.88K)

There is one last issue, then at some point we get John Stewart And The Emerald Knights in 2022.

bleedingcool.com/comics/scoop-dc-will-bring-us-john-stewart-and-the-emerald-knights-in-2022/

Fantastic

>hating on Kirby
The absolute state of Marvelfags.

>even pajeets can't defend this so they have to make stuff up that no one in the thrad typed
The absolute state.

>implying you're not ladderbro
>implying you don't hate Kirby to death
kek

Ok pajeet.

>I’d find this offensive

Because you're a fucking moron. John is being addressed because GLs are dealing with New Gods shit and Kirby created them and the Source

Now type it without crying, drone.

Says the MCUck.

>Bill Finger
They will get sued by Kane state

This is just sad now.

Yet here you are defending a thing your dear Demage Control comics took from Marvel.
How ironic, i guess it comes with the brown skin and the stink of onion or whatever it is that you eat in India.

It always does when the discord trannies try to derail the thread danying the simple fact that Marvel did it first. I dunno why it is so hard to swallow, you guys accepted much worse.

stop shoving real people from the comic industry into comics. you aren't important enough for this self masturbatory bullshit. just let kirby rest.

Guess their faith in the GL name is at zero but they still feel John can be sold.

On one hand, I get it, Kirby's influence via the Fourth World stuff and his general impact on comics as a whole makes him a pretty good basis for a comic book god. But this really just feels like them copying the One Above All.
Side note, I generally don't like it when creators are shown as gods in fictional worlds. It's never as deep as writers think it is.

>Marvel did it first

Nobody cares, it's not a competition. You're just sperging to be contrarian asshole who just makes himself look more like an obnoxious twat.

That's incredible.

>Sorry we continuously cucked you out of money and recognition while you were still alive, Jack. But here, we'll draw you on our comics after you're dead and gone instead

Well that sounds like shit

It may not be a competition but Jack Kirby has nothing to do with the green lanterns so this is still dumb.

>i guess it comes with the brown skin and the stink of onion or whatever it is that you eat in India
Did an Indian man fuck your mom or something? kek
>a thing your dear Demage Control comics took from Marvel
Kirby? Nah, they gave him to us. Marvel hated him so much.

>we continuously cucked you out of money and recognition while you were still alive, Jack
That was Marvel.

Cosmic stuff is so boring nowadays.

That was Jack's wife actually. She was a typical Jewish woman and Jack a typical feminine Jewish man who couldn't help, but lying.

This.

Comics are so shit, oh my god.

>WAAAAAHHHHHH DC ISN'T ALLOWED TO PAY RESPECT TO KIRBY AND HIS CONTRIBUTIONS IN THIS WAY, MARVEL DID IT FIRST

Yea Forums just keeps getting worse and worse

t. Cartoonkek

Attached: 1559346843847.png (1707x1715, 1.66M)

Why reward mediocrity? Thorne shouldn't get another chance at writing John Stewart because I guarantee you no cares about whatever he's trying to do.

This doesn't feel respectful of Jack Kirby but more like cashing in on Jack Kirby.

>The Source is now the Presence but also Jack Kirby
gae

Attached: eceec5b60b70053ca15bde3b574001b272f6ebca_hq.jpg (659x1024, 89.11K)

I honestly don’t know, literally no one likes the run and it is widely considered one of GL’s worst runs ever made

By that logic any acknowledgement of Kirby is cashing in on him.

It's just that Jack Kirby didn't contribute a lot to Green lanterns so a reference to him feels out of place and unearned.

this place is at an all time low. it was better when the generals kept out the tourists

I think Thorne is just a glorified ghostwriter for editorial because that's the only way to explain it.

the prenscese isn't exclusive to the GLs you mong.

Marvel, DC and Image all have comics where Jack Kirby has ascended to godhood. Is it just a running gag at this point? Or are comic book writers starting a cult?

Nice inceldom, bro.

Again, the entire story involves John interacting with the New Gods and the state of all creation. You are going out of your way to nitpick something to have an excuse to whine

The books good and people like the character. Crying and nit picking is pointless. Move on

Well, we don't know is Thorne. People are just speculating. Though I suppose since they are continuing with "John is super-powered more than any other GL" sticking to the person who just did that is an understandable assumption.

Jack Kirby was a highly influential and iconic comic creative force.

The whole thing feels cheap, Jack Kirby himself would be against the idea of the source looking like him and they're only using the source because they lack the creativity to do anything but reference stuff.

But the storyline of John being more special then any other green lantern didn't sell so why continue it?

>the entire story involves John interacting with the New Gods and the state of all creation
In a lacklustre way, which is a completely valid criticism by the way. Thorne wanted to do Mosiac 2.0 but you as a reader has to ask yourself why? What's even the point of this entire plot to ascend John into Godhood? Nothing meaningful or insightful to it, just a fanboy trying to make his favorite character relevant and failing to do so.

Do you have any clue how much Kirby contributed to the industry? He practically moved it past newspaper strip layouts on his own, let alone his character creations and the influence of his dynamic art

Sounds like Thorne, his entire GL run has been shitty rehash after shitty rehash

How is the book good? It’s genuinely the worst GL run in modern history hell even Gerard Jones is a better writer than Thorne

Probably, but you’d think that they’d want there “god” to be one of the original creators of these characters, and I suppose Kirby did create the source wall. I think it would’ve been nice if they drew and reversed their own important artists from the golden age. The best thing to come from this is the potential for a crossover with marvel through them having the same “god”

the source and the presence should have been kept separate from each other. I get that they're basically the same thing plot-wise but there's no reason to tie them together.

>I don't like the story

Cool story, bro. Your dislike in no way invalidates tje usage of Kirby itself in the manner it is done in the comic, especially when it was already heavily using New God so it isn't even some kind of an asspull from nowhere.

why the fuck would an eternal force act like a human being

It's a nice homage and all but I would've rather had them do somebody like Jerry Siegel or Gardner Fox.