/SWCO/ - Star Wars Comics and Cartoons

Do you think we will see a non-Filoni animated show eventually?

What kind of era should come after the High Republic is wrapped up?

Attached: 20211120_133424.jpg (1200x1200, 122.96K)

Old Republic but I don't think disney has the balls for it or that it'd even be possible anymore. It'd have to look totally different.

They are literally making an Old Republic remake

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about that. Have they said if it's going to be legends or not?

They have pretty deliberately dodged the question.

Something tells me we won't actually know until we see footage and something from the High Republic is imediately contradicted

Either
>It's canon and they don't want to say because it risks alienating EU fans
Or
>It's Legends and they don't want to say because it risks alienating canon fans and newcomers
Or
>It's a weird in-between and they don't want to say because they don't want to bother drawing attention to something that would just confuse most casual fans

Attached: 20220401_204137.jpg (1024x493, 62.82K)

Attached: 20220406_005350.jpg (750x426, 40.21K)

I hope they go all the way

Attached: ezgif-2-f823af4c97.gif (400x225, 3.85M)

Attached: ezgif-2-0945e85b63.gif (500x195, 1.76M)

>alienating EU fans
They've been doing that since 08'.

Daily reminder that hatred for women is justified

Attached: 7BEFF4F9-DE57-4894-8A67-EB276BFF01EF.jpg (1080x1560, 118.5K)

Take me back...

Attached: Assault on Mount Tantiss.jpg (2168x2700, 1.03M)

When is visions 2 coming out? Don’t tell it’s not cause you know this is a easy way for the mouse to get content for their streaming shit and “good will”, also hope they allow some of the shorts to have bound side stuff. I mean the duel got a whole book with it’s own force rules.

Attached: 6AC70ED3-0910-4B98-A2F8-961DE2015AED.jpg (857x1200, 83.92K)

That one crazy wizard jedi always makes me fascinated to what people thought the clone wars and jedi order were like before the prequels

I love how he possessed people to deliver messages, it was really creepy.

If anything they have been desperately pandering. EU fans just don't know how to take a W

It's second season is confirmed I thought

With what? Everytime they brought in an element of the EU they dumb it down & homogenize it.

>tfw these kids don’t remember all the seething the TCW caused
I’m not sure if I’m glad or not most folks don’t remember “The people vs George Lucas“ was a thing.

it's never coming out lmao

>The people vs George Lucas“
Everybody who was involved in that I wish them cancer.

To you idiots anything that isn't a 1:1 translation is homogenization

Because the fandom's philistine retards kept throwing a tantrum every time a jedi did something cooler than a force push

>all lightsaber crystals are one type.

Attached: 13071863_216184168760619_8697209780118854847_o.jpg (1096x616, 73.05K)

I was a kid when these books came out and my brother and I would talk about it all the time. I thought "Clones" had a lot more to do with the "Clone Wars" than they ended up being. I thought (at least) two sides had cloning tech and basically fought to outproduce the other. Then, one side won and either destroyed all the clone tech, bc it was such a terrible war, or both sides "lost" and destroyed the knowledge/clone tech.

I will say I never liked the idea of Jedi clones. This was well before Mediclorians came into play and the idea of "magic"/jedi powers being biological never sat right with me, to this day. At least Zahn put in the stipulation that it makes the jedi insane.

>This was well before Mediclorians came into play and the idea of "magic"/jedi powers being biological never sat right with me
Why does this filter somany people, Because that misassumed thing of anybody can become a Jedi? Or how dare look into what makes a force user different.

Yeah i wish there had been more weird shit with clones like gestalt humunclous monsters that were genetically engineered for war
Im a millennial who grew up with the prequels so i never got the big deal about medichlorians either. Honestly the force doesnt interest me as much as other things in star wars like the empire or cool underworld aliens and the droids

Attached: 9BF636AB-6375-47A6-9CE3-6FD2EBF00C3B.jpg (600x1017, 64.87K)

Magic, of any sort, should be a mystery. Why and how it works should remain mystical. Even when Yoda explains how it "works" in ESB, its still so outside the realm of our understanding that its, well, magical. Boiling it down to biology strips it of its allure. You can just take blood samples of people to see if they are capable of being Jedi. It makes it too "everydayish".

>Honestly the force doesnt interest me as much as other things in star wars like the empire or cool underworld aliens and the droids

Probably for the reason that you stated, you grew up when it was turned to shit, not when it was magical.

It's science fiction. It's supposed to have explanations. Go elsewhere if you want poorly written lore.

>not when it was magical.
Okay Mike, Go crawl back into your bottle.

Most of the wishy washy force shit from the OT doesnt interest me either. I do like dark side users though. How JJ abrams made an entire planet of sith cultusts and didnt include one cool horror scene with them is a testament to what a hack he is

Why is R*y such a shit character?

>wishy washy force shit
Kek, The Force is Evil.

Attached: 13062442_217063242006045_7216503089815553405_n.jpg (500x541, 18.33K)

Because she was a mary sue that was kathleens darling character, she could do no wrong and the movies made her identity overly important for no reason whats so ever. I fucking despise TLJ but the one good thing from it was having reys parents be fucking drunks and nobodies who died

I dont play vidya is TOR games any good?

Attached: E93FA2A7-3721-4278-AD48-F7E42A3563F7.jpg (2000x2550, 224.32K)

It is clearly a fantasy story "in space". If you think otherwise, you are fooling yourself. Also, you dont need the exact explanation of everything in science fiction, you just need to know "it" works. Its like that scene in Thank you for Smoking. Smoking is impossible in a space station, but with a single throw-away line of "thank god for the X device", it works. You don't need to know what X device does or how it works, you just need to know it does. Sci-Fi and Fantasy are interchangeable. Magic occurs in sci-fi, usually by means of science. But in Star Wars, it's magic. Or at least it was, once.

-She doesn't suffer for her enough.
-Her parents aren't a character arc.
-Piano key teeth.

>Smoking is impossible in a space station
Wait really? How is it impossible in space?

The first two, I'm not really a MMO guy.

Attached: azMb07q_700b.jpg (700x982, 53.37K)

Play Dark Forces, The Death Star plans aren't in a claw game & it doesn't end in a friendzone hug.

Attached: dark_forces_by_devilhs_dexmbwq-fullview.jpg (1280x794, 167.92K)

It will cause a mega-explosion because it's pure oxygen.

Alis from Phantasy Star is a better character than Rey.

Attached: 13697203_263001180745584_59920949785535995_n.jpg (520x888, 90.98K)

>Dark Forces
Fuck that level with the sewer monsters... that shit scared the fuck outta me as a kid. Not like nightmare scared me, but they would just pop up and I would jump each time.

Woah Dianogas... You hate' em right?

Attached: tumblr_ot4jftg4bL1w4t7wqo1_1280.jpg (1081x832, 338.75K)

God damn right I do.

Fuck you pussies dianogas are cool

Finished the Clone Wars a few days ago.
It really was just hype all along, Filoni's work is shit and the post production documentaries make me sick at the fact he portrays himself as a goody George Lucas learner.

ReBoot, Beast Wars & Roughnecks are way better shows.

Direct to video/streaming animated movies DC style, coming out around the same time, different art styles, adapting Heir to the Empire, Dark Empire and Splinter of the Mind's Eye, to begin with

The idea is none of the first batch at least are connected to each other like most DC cartoon movies until the New 52-based universe, and all of them are sequels to either ROTJ or ANH

It has some pretty bad lows but also some pretty good highs. Its not perfect but it certainly has some good shit sprinkled in there.

Yes please

Any high is immediately cancelled out by Ahsoka and Maul being mary sues.

Old Republic like they should have done from the start

Legends vs Disney canon stopped mattering after the sequels —- the very shit that started the EU purge —- bombed

Disney LFL has been shitting on EU fans for yours. I don’t know how you define pandering but that ain’t it chief

I finished Bad Batch today and really liked it

I hope Cody is in season 2 but considering how Echo didn't give a fuck about learning about Fives I doubt Hunter or any of the batch will care about him, despite having being involved in their Republic missions kinda

Attached: 4546464.png (499x475, 166.6K)

It’s no longer narratively convenient to point out that George was widely hated by the fandom and that he constantly retconned shit. Half the Dark Horse Clone Wars comics were rendered non canon the moment Ahsoka was introduced. The Force Unleashed games were ridiculously hard to believe as canon. And the Prequels themselves were notorious for ruining pretty much all the mystique of the OT.

>And the Prequels themselves were notorious for ruining pretty much all the mystique of the OT.
Literally nobody expect the most noxious RLM tier purists voiced this complaint

>And the Prequels themselves were notorious for ruining pretty much all the mystique of the OT.
Go home Mike your drunk (again).

What are the best Legends comics to read?