>Kilmer (Sonar Suit)
>Clooney (Ice armour)

Best Live-Action Cinematic Batmobiles
>Keaton's
>Pattinson's/West's
>Bale's
>Clooney's/Affleck's
>Kilmer's

These are the official power rankings. Sorry if you disagree.

Also, it's been so long since I've watched the serials that I can't really rank Wilson or Lowery's takes, but I still have a soft spot for those costumes.

Attached: 1118full-batman -dead-end-photo.jpg (1118x1491, 191.25K)

>Returns suit above '89
I get preferring the logo change but personally I don't like the abs grill. The coolest thing about the Keaton suit was that criminals didn't know it was body armor till they got close enough to touch it. Like when Knox starts investigating him at the beginning of the movie he's being portrayed as this urban legend of a "six foot bat" monster. What I've always hated about batsuits that you can tell are suits of armor is that anyone looking at him will immediately know he's just a guy and have less to fear.

>>Kilmer (Sonar Suit)
Fuck you, it was much better than his regular suit.

It was a bit of a toss-up between the two suits. On the one hand, yeah, I prefer Batman to not obviously look like he's wearing armour. On the other hand, Returns is the only obvious armour I like, due to the deco locomotive look it has. And the mask looks much better because it actually fits him. But yeah, it could have just as easily gone the other way.

I think for me, it's just got too many lines and details, what with the ridges on the sides of the mask and the skinless-like muscle pattern.

But I don't dislike it or anything. The only Batsuit that's objective pretty bad is the Ice Armour.

Attached: batman_bust_final_001.jpg (798x1289, 105.11K)

>I think for me, it's just got too many lines and details, what with the ridges on the sides of the mask and the skinless-like muscle pattern.
>But I don't dislike it or anything. The only Batsuit that's objective pretty bad is the Ice Armour.
Fair Enough! Sorry about the FYou!

Attached: 80698922_162328131712265_1284585566513292847_n.jpg (1080x1080, 170.33K)

I really hope pat creates a charismatic playboy persona.
The year 1 playboy scene is great. Then next movie Bruce grows to be full on philanthropist/humanitarian.

At first viewing I hated emo Bruce but sending watching it felt right. Him being wrong seems like a big theme.

Anybody else feel comfy thinking about how Batman is such an enduring character that we get to have all these different takes to even get to rank?

Attached: batman-forever-thumbs-up1.jpg (800x450, 346.15K)

89 Suit was more "rough" where was Returns was more streamlined despite the armor. The cool thing about the suits that mimicked a body was that the suits could stretch and pick up subtle movement unlike new ones, seeming like muscles flexing adding to the illusion.

Attached: batman-robin-lg.jpg (343x500, 49.02K)

Yeah exactly, I just wish they did more creative stuff now a days.

Attached: Returns.jpg (700x704, 117.8K)

>ridges on the sides of the mask

I think that was supposed to mimick the real ears on a bat, it is called the sonar suit. I like it a lot for its originality and that its not trying to down play anything. Lots of Bats have a lot going on in their face to try to focus their pitch/sonar, probably where they got the inspiration and why the suit looks organic and doesnt have much straight lines.

Attached: istockphoto-1212608528-612x612.jpg (565x612, 47.84K)

I'm a sucker for the whole night creature thing and like everything matching that, the simpler first suit and the more done up sonar suit. And that theme even extending down to the Batmobile in that film.

I also like that the whole suit was just gray and the huge bat symbol right on display. But still gave you slight differences like a lighter shade belt.

Attached: mmbm-04_face_500pixel.jpg (460x460, 42.39K)

>Bale above West as Batman and Bruce Wayne
WRONG

It's hard to rank West amongst the others when he's so fundamentally different.

Attached: external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg (720x516, 73.05K)

Attached: Screenshot_2022-04-10-12-33-09.png (1080x1920, 1.09M)

I like the large skull like eye sockets, the only problem was Kilmer's actual eyes seemed too close together within them.

Yeah this. And West really does no wrong.

I think we should take a second to appreciate Kilmers absolutely confident and badass Batman especially when dealing with the villains.

When he says, "You've been sucking gotham's brain waves and now you've devised a way to read men's minds." like he's got everything figured out it just sounds cool.

>Kilmers
There is more than one?

bale
bale
bale
bale

you're forgetting that the american psycho as bats is the best portrayal and his suit is the best suit and his batmobile looks fucking sick

I fucking love the proto Batmobile from the most recent film

Attached: 623E4D70-32B9-4555-A8E5-0C2EA9FFBC07.jpg (2048x1006, 132.22K)

Same here. I can get behind it just being a sick ass evil hot rod

Yaaas. Whos the better psycho retard, Bale or Affleck?

I like Bale a lot. I think he nailed Bruce Wayne. His Batman voice was stupid, but I think that people boil down his entire performance to that one choice too much. Aside from the voice, he was good as Batman, too.

I don't really like his batsuits all that much. The Begins suit has a fine design IN CONCEPT, but in execution, it's too bulky, makes him look fat, and the neck is too thick. The TDK suit is more streamlined and looks less awkward, and I like how he can finally turn his head, but the design is overly busy and tacticool, what with all the segmented plates. You can barely see the bat-logo amidst all the other details on the suit.

I like the Tumbler. I know it doesn't even have a Bat-theme, and I prefer the vehicles that DO have a Bat-theme, but despite me not liking when Batman looks too tacticool/militaristic, there will ALWAYS be something kinda cool about the Tumbler. Still, the Burtonmobile and Reevesmobile and Doziermobile are better, tho.

Attached: christian bale.jpg (967x1450, 122.27K)

Shame about those fight scenes.

Attached: Bane 2.gif (400x224, 622.45K)

Keaton looked dlike Carlos Villagran ''Quico'' in some shots in Returns, thats a negative for me, 89 in good dark light was WOW

Attached: Carl_Newman_by_Herb_Ritts.png (1893x1576, 2.65M)

Honestly tho my pitch is that we get a classic Adam West type Bruce Wayne,more suave gentlemen than playboy

Okay, but would you rank the movies?

You can't do batman wrong. Even that all star batman and robin version is liked by some people

George Clooney really looked the most like Batman physically, especially 1940s-mid 1960s Batman. Had a solid jawline/chin.

He just didnt really have the hair in the film. Shame he didnt have a better opportunity because of the script. Of course he learned his lesson and chose to focus on the writing of whatever movie he did after and went to become an esteemed actor. So potentially we had one of the best.

Attached: 164963871182959855 (1).jpg (600x600, 104.43K)

Pattinsonmobile expands dong like no other batmobile has for me.
I want another movie in that continuity just so I can see more of it, and to see if Reeves will make another movie-long White Man's Burden joke on accident again.

Movies
>The Dark Knight
>Batman Begins
>Batman/The Batman
>The Dark Knight Rises
>Batman Forever
>Batman Returns
>Batman v. Superman
>Batman & Robin

Hmm, ranking things is weird. I feel like I like TDKR more than BF, and BF more than BR, but I like BR about as much as I like TDKR. My preferences are non-Condorcet.

Mask of the Phantasm is the best Batman movie. Hopefully this is the Yea Forums consensus otherwise I will go back to my home boards.

>Best Live-Action Cinematic

Attached: batinson.jpg (1000x561, 53.5K)

>Best Live-Action Cinematic Batmans
West>Kilmer>Keaton>Affleck>Bale>Clooney

>Best Live-Action Cinematic Bruce Waynes
Bale>West>Keaton>Affleck>Kilmer>Clooney

>Best Live-Action Cinematic Batsuits
TDK/TDKR>Affleck>Keaton (Returns)>Begins>The rest

>Best Live-Action Cinematic Batmobiles
Bale>Keaton=West>AffleckClooney

I haven’t watched The Batman.

Good god no. Okay movie, solid 6-7/10 though.

>Pattinson on Bruce Wayne at all
Should be N/A
>Returns that low
are you deluded?

1) The Dark Knight
Power gap
2) Batman Returns
3) Batman Begins/The Dark Knight Rises
4) Batman Forever: Red Book Edition
5) 1989 Batman
6) Batman Forever (Theatrical)
Power gap
7) Batman and Robin
8) Batman vs. Superman

I haven’t seen The Batman.

I mostly like Returns for its aesthetic, but in terms of a narrative, it's pretty disjointed. It's Penguin engaging in a string of different schemes, Catwoman joining him for some reason, and Batman barely being in it. When he is in it, he comes across less like he does what he does because he's interested in being a hero, and more just because of the thrill/getting off on it. There are some thematic things they are doing that I like (Batman, Catwoman, and The Penguin as three outsiders/misfits who reflect each other), but the story isn't really there.

Batman Forever, I'm not into the aesthetic as much, but story actually makes sense, even if its wacky. Like, it's all about identity and duality, and those themes drive the characters' actions and the plot. Bruce Wayne actually has an arc in this, moreso than he does in Returns.

I wouldn't say that I rate BR low, as there's a pretty big power gap between BR and BvS, and another big power gap between BvS and B&R.

>Catwoman joining him for some reason
She saw Batman as a threat. She knows full well he’s not going to let her run around blowing things up. Penguin on the other hand wouldn’t have cared less.

89 is more fetish gear than bat monster, which is both more frightening and more believable, frankly.

Maybe thinking of sex every time you see a black outfit with some gloss to it is a just you thing, Sigmund.

>The Dark Knight that high

I hate to say it but Affleck just didn't have the chin to make it work

West is the perfect Batman for the era they were trying to emulate.

>another movie-long White Man's Burden joke
?

Best Live-Action Cinematic Batmans
>Keaton
>Pattinson
>Bale
>Affleck
>Kilmer
>Clooney

Best Live-Action Cinematic Bruce Waynes
>Bale
>Keaton/Kilmer
>Affleck
>Pattinson
>Clooney

Best Live-Action Cinematic Batsuits
>Affleck
>Keaton (Returns)
>Keaton (89')
>Pattinson
>Bale (Begins)
>Bale (TDK/TDKR)
>Kilmer
>Clooney
>Clooney (Ice Armour)
>Kilmer (Sonar Suit)

>Keaton
>Pattinson/Affleck
>Clooney
>Bale
>Kilmer

Not putting Based West in there simply because he's such a light-hearted take on the character that it's impossible to compare him to the more dour interpretations that came later, even the ones by Shumacher. But for what it's worth, he was the absolute perfect Batman for his era.

Attached: 45345543.jpg (638x1000, 95.09K)

BATMAN, YEAH!

Attached: batman.jpg (1280x720, 51.58K)

How the fuck you gonna post the most based Batman: Dead End and NOT include him in the power ranking? I'm not saying we gotta do every actor thats played in a fanfilm cos the dude who plays him for Bat in the Sun is pretty great but cmon, your pic related is the only Batman who faught a Predator. THAT immediately mogs any other batman. No one else has that cool factor.

it deserves to be that high up

honestly if the dark knight had the aesthetics and vibes that the reeves batman had as well as its Gotham landscape with catwoman replacing rachel it would genuinely be the perfect batman movie

Clooney really wasn't that bad.

Best Live-Action Cinematic Batmans
>Keaton
>Bale
>West
>Pattinson
>Kilmer/Clooney
Best Live-Action Cinematic Bruce Waynes
>Bale
>Keaton
>West
>Kilmer
>Clooney
>Pattinson/Affleck
Best Live-Action Cinematic Batsuits
>Keaton 89
>Bale
>West
>Kilmer
>Clooney
>Pattinson/Affleck
>Keaton's
>Bale's
>West's
>Pattinson's
>Affleck's
>Kilmer's/Clooney's

>Dude, he's just like that rectangle form a 90s cartoon (+fat)
Lmao, snydertard

Nolan made me care about hte character and the events, therefore I cared about what happens in the fight scenes. Unlike tha shit they tried to pass as bataman in the last decade

Titans had a good West-esque Batman.

After characters spend the whole movie complaining about privileged rich white men, the big hero moment of the movie is a privileged rich white man leading the huddled masses out of fear and darkness with his beacon of hope

Attached: thebatmanflood.png (928x420, 379.94K)

Shit movie

>Batman
>Bale over Affleck
Get out of here, Bale should be near the bottom for the voice alone
>Bruce Wayne
>Pattinson that high
He shouldn't even be on the list, he acted the same way he did inside and outside the suit.

Fat Affleck shouldn't even be on the list, faggot

Nolans writing in general is good I'll give it that, I just dont appreciate my time being spent by every single thing being explained. The characters to me also feel like plot points in the story instead of individuals. Same with the city.

The problem I dont feel Batman has any traits aside from screaming. And as Bruce the only thing he wants to do is not be Batman. It just feels very reactive like he doesnt have any forethought for doing anything. Afflecks Batman is the worst by far though.

Contrarian spotted