Not even the Shazam director wants to touch Superman

>Not even the Shazam director wants to touch Superman
Superbros…

Attached: 339700C9-20E5-49AE-9F0D-46D727C86F45.jpg (719x1127, 234.72K)

When did fans and studios both get in the way of telling a heartfelt story?

I don't get it at all, he didn't make a disrespectful piece of shit like The Last Jedi when he made Shazam. Is he saying he's instinctively make one if he made Superman? If not, then there's no problem.

When some people in Hollywood decided to scapegoat fandom for their failures and so it was an easy way to blame someone without blaming people within Hollywood

The Last Jedi was the first draft of the best Star Wars film ever made.

Considering everything DC is now making is gritty, quirky, or edgy I don't think they want a hero like Superman

Overzealous fans have always been a thing but social media and the internet in general makes it easier to interact and make their voices heard. As for studios, they've always meddled with movies.

There has always been a battle between creators and their fans because sometimes shit doesn't actually live up to expectations and creators feel hurt when it happens. Probably best to just avoid that

That being said all the backlash behind the Last Jedi was justified because they played with the fact Luke hadn't been in film in nearly 4 decades and knew people would watch just for that moment and they still decided to shit on the fans anyways so fuck them

>who would you like to make a movie of
>not Superman

Give an answer you fucker.

Oh, and what parts of it would have made it into the final draft, may I ask?
>The slowest "faster than light" chase scene ever devised
>Over an hour of screentime dedicated to a plot that is LITERALLY pointless
>The training plot wherein no training took place, training was actively stated to not have occurred, but the plot continued forward assuming the character had been trained
>A gripping tale about how all soldiers should unquestioningly follow the orders of their officers, no matter what, even and especially if those orders are causing their comrades to die in vast quantities for objectively no purpose
>The worst fight scene ever choreographed in relativity to the film's budget
>"Important, the book is not, young Skywalker. Jedi are more than dogma. But also, vital the book is - as is dogma. Schizophrenia, prolonged ghosthood induces."

He makes a valid point. You're kind of better off taking a superhero most people maybe recognize but don't really know a ton about than a well-known character because then you can do your own thing and not disappoint people. I mean, the MCU was built on this. Prior to the MCU, most normalfags had no clue who Iron Man was. They'd maybe heard of him, but weren't that familiar with him.

Man, The Last Jedi really did fucking break the movie business, didn't it?

Why is it so hard for these creatives to figure out that fans just don't want their fucking movies to actively hate them and belittle them for liking things? Why does a negative reaction to unabashed hatred and dismissal confuse and terrify them so much?

The fact that The Last Jedi is his standard means he has no idea how to please fans. Shazam was mediocre at best, and the sequel looks like garbage.

Because Hollywood lives in a bubble and it resembles the same kind of bubble Marvel Comics built back during the Quesada era where you can insult the fans and sell books

Just make it right you fucker, comics fans don't want to see something new or shitty takes from people who think ''their vision'' is better than goofy comics/cartoons, just adapt literally any episode or series of episodes from the animated series for free awards.

He would probably portray Superman/Clark as a flawed individual which goes against the "MUH WHOLESOME ALIEN DADDY SYMBOL OF HOPE WHO DOES NOTHING WRONG" conception that Superfags have of him.

Attached: Superman is.png (693x648, 61.62K)

>adapt For The Man Who Has Everything
>lets Superman have the big beat down fight for the actionfags
>classic Superman story for the comicfags
>don't cut Jason Todd Robin
>lets them work to Red Hood for the edgelords

We've seen how the internet turns those "learning AIs" racist. Let's not pretend that shitposters don't do Google too.

Make a Superman movie that, at no point, features Superman punching things really hard. I think that if a writer doesn't think he can pull that off, then he shouldn't be writing Superman.

When do fanboys grow the fuck up and not take everything they do not like in a movie as a direct personal attack?

>Shazam was better
>the movie still has Superman in it
But i mean he is not wrong, pajeets will keep eating DC shit out no matter what but they have the mentality of a cult when it comes to Batman and Superman.

It's not like there are not thousands of articles and discussions in every kind of forum and social media with the word "Superman" and "Boring". The biggest story that happened with Superman in decades is his son turning out gay.

I think a lot of it comes down to people who've only seen bad Superman adaptations and have never really been given reason to like him. Like how Aquaman was a punchline for ages, but people seem to like him now. It's just a matter of exposure.

He’s right. When a character has existed for almost a century like Superman has, nobody in his fanbase can fucking agree on what he “should” or “should not” be. Supes started out smashing cars to get better traffic laws and trapping coal barons in their own mines to get them to get better worker safety. If a movie came out of him doing any of his Golden Age shit he’d be called a villainous monster.
Nobody can fucking agree on what these characters ‘should’ be beyond the basic premise of “Batman watched his parents die” and “Superman is an alien with a good upbringing who wants to do good.”

>Comics fans don’t want to see something new
Did you read what you had written before you posted it? It’s no wonder the Big 2 have gone almost completely stagnant since the 90s.
>just adapt literally any episode or series of episodes from the animated series for free awards
Then why bother making a movie in the first place? You might as well have saved your money and just rewatched the series then.

Attached: 3AC7EBED-AC2A-40FA-AD53-E41363F0196A.png (617x566, 551.35K)

Cope

>Superman is gay
This is probably about jon.

>When do fanboys grow the fuck up and not take everything they do not like in a movie as a direct personal attack?

When the entertainment industry, not just Hollywood, learns to grow the fuck up and not take every criticism as a direct personal attack.

>He’s right. When a character has existed for almost a century like Superman has, nobody in his fanbase can fucking agree on what he “should” or “should not” be. Supes started out smashing cars to get better traffic laws and trapping coal barons in their own mines to get them to get better worker safety. If a movie came out of him doing any of his Golden Age shit he’d be called a villainous monster.
???
SJWs would eat it up. The right would fucking howl though.

>Then why bother making a movie in the first place? You might as well have saved your money and just rewatched the series then.

Ah the "we can't do it because MUH NEW STUFF/MUH """""CREATIVITY"""""" excuse

I think his point was why waste time in something that no matter how you do the story, it'd be always the one that starts arguments instead of giving it's value as good entertainment that people will look back on fondly.

Spinning the wheel isn't creative. No one wants to read the 50th take of krypton exploding and superman growing up.

Then don't do the origin story. If people are familiar enough with the origin just imply it and get right to the story.

Nah, the issue was that The Last Jedi was legitimately a mediocre movie that relied on a series of half-baked gotchas to make a plot and had no idea how to utilize the characters. It’s like the entire thing was written around the “subvert your expectations” meme that hack critics eat up.

>dude if it had been different it wouldn't have been dogshit!
Trenchant observation, mousecuck.

Does a single plot thread in that movie go the way that it's set up?

Superman has the worst fanbase so I don't blame him one bit.

The egoistic guys who likes to change character too much will say something like this. Real fans will try to make superman good for fans like him.

Real reason mandalorian got successful is because the ones who want to change left the franchise after losses and fans picked it up.

When creators stop directly antagonizing their audience

Attached: johnson-snokejpeg.jpg (1300x650, 47.81K)

Ok WB shill

Rey’s character gets played pretty straight for what it is worth, her parents being literal nobodies (until Ep 9) aside.

>Seeing how people react to things like The Last Jedi makes me want to stay away from things like that.

So basically, he's a coward who can't stand by his creative decisions because he knows they don't stand up to scrutiny compared to the source material. Good to know Shazam was a fluke.

>I can't take criticism to my work
What a pussy. Just do it right then.

Another big issue is that writers want to use Superman to make meta statements; obviously Miller used Superman (and Batman) as the vehicle for his distaste for Reagan, Snyder used Superman to make some dumbass 7th-grade arguments on the morality of God, and who knows what that Coates cunt would have done with his shitty early 20th century Superman period piece.
The only thing most fans would agree on with Superman is that he shouldn't be villainous, but with Snyderfags in the Superman fandom(?, at a loss for words) the fanbase has been split down the middle about most things.

Superman is the definition of a dead IP

>tfw fucking Iron Man is a bigger world renowned hero than Super Man
How

I miss Golden Age/Radio Show Superman. I miss him being kind of ballsy and making sure the villains heed his warnings, and when as Clark playing detective and adventurer.

All you need is for him to smile and be a good person.

How is it that every fucking thread that had an iphone image as OP fucking bait? Whats the correlation between Apple and chimps?

DC fucking things up, and they can't even use an excuse of people not liking unironically good superheroes, because people like Captain America, too.

Did he have anything planned or did he just decide what Snoke wasnt?

Dream on, Ladderbro.

>everybody that doesn't agree with my worldview is Ladderbro
Take your meds.

Yea Forums is going to seethe but you're completely correct. After nearly a century of comics, shows and movies, hundreds of writers, and countless runs, these "iconic" characters can be effectively anything. Every fan can pull out a comic run, cartoon, or a one-shot to justify their personal preference and insist that THIS is the real Superman and everybody who disagrees doesn't understand his character and hates them personally. And with a good chunk of the fanbase being this obsessed, why should any self-respecting director even bother? He can just go direct something else where the fanbase won't react to any attempt with autistic screeching because he's disturbed their headcanons.

I wanna say the gloomy guy being a traitor was played pretty straight. But they were clearly angling for a trickster bad guy sacrifices himself to save the day and instead he just sort of disappears.

The entire Luke-Kylo-Rey sequence

Luke is jaded because the Jedi just spawned a dark sider again and he blames both himself for Kylo and the old order for letting the Empire Rise

Rey desperately trying to fill the void in her life with father figures and a Metal Gear style obsession over tropes (she is just as much an in universe Star Wars fan as Kylo, thus why they work as foils)

Kylo recognizing the whole Jedi Sith circle jerk endless cycle of vengeance is bullshit and wanting to just quit it all and start over everything with Rey

Rey not being a super special awesome inhereinted noble bloodline, but just being some random person gifted with the force (which is how the Force SHOULD work, not as a dynastic hereditary power level, but a a universal power anyone from any walk of life can ascend too)

You could even massage the Finn subplot into a venture bros "it's about failures" thing. You just need to give some character development or arc at the end that has them learn a lesson. It's okay writing wise if all their plans fail but if there is no meaningful change to the characters from it it comes off as pointless filler bullshit.

Luffy and the gang never actually save Ace, but the save Ace arc lead to major shifts for both the characters and setting.

>Le good superhero movies are... Impossible!

What a retard, has it ever occured to you evant gard cucks that the reason why these characters became so popular is because their source material is actually good?? And people would want to see that instead of some hacks le edgy Oc shitpost.

>Luke is jaded because the Jedi just spawned a dark sider again
Luke tries to murder Kylo because he feels darkness in him, this leads to Kylo turning to the dark side. If his turn is due to a new dark side force user rising, its his own doing. It doesnt work if you have an understanding of Luke's character from the previous movies.

MCU cap is a fascist.

Everytime a creator uses TLJ as an example of fan backlash it just makes me think they plan on making an equally bad film.

Damn, DC can't even make people care about a fascist?