Why did they do this to Ben? This is worse than the Clone Conspiracy shit

Why did they do this to Ben? This is worse than the Clone Conspiracy shit

Attached: Amazing Spider-Man 093-044.jpg (1988x3056, 1.26M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/VrhMxPNdJv0?t=603
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It’ll retconned it like two to three years tops. Just wait it out. In the meantime, why not just read better stuff?
>inb4 Yea Forums doesn’t read comics

Look, you can safely ignore anything written after, like, 1991 or something
Continuity became optional, retcons became normal, death became meaningless, any nothing mattered anymore.
This storyline doesn't matter, the next writer could be Bendis and he'll just have Ben acting like he did at the end of the 90s because he can't be bothered to read.

Have you seen what they did to Dan Ketch, the previous 2nd Ghost Rider?

What’d they do to the old boy?

Nick Lowe was a teenager in the 90s and hates Ben for replacing Peter back then.

I think DeMatteis is getting another Ben mini after this one so we have that to look forward to

at least it's not evil symbiote shit haha

Why are people suddenly giving a fuck about Ben?

Because they brought him back by putting Pete in the hospital with super radiation poisoning
And then they did that to him.

At this point I think it's a really mad autist that keep making these threads. But the last Beyond issue had a lot of anons being mad. So I'll just say a very vocal minority.

He now just looks like a dude green armor. Did they ever resolve that plot or did the book just get cancelled?

>And then they did that to him.
And? This has to imply Ben was worth a damn to be upset over.
I'm willing to believe that. There's a guy on here who apparently fight anyone and everyone who dares insult his husband Ben, round the clock autism

Because people liked Ben as one of the few things good to come from the clone saga, and then he died and it was a good death.
Then he was brought back to life and made an insane villain everyone hated it so PAD spent some time undoing it in his run.
Then PAD's run ended with him becoming an insane villain again and everyone hated it so Gage undid during Spider-Geddon.
Then some time past where he didn't show up much and he was brought back for Beyond where low and behold he was made an insane villain for a third time, and surprise surprise everyone hates it.

he looks like he smells like garbage, kek

Attached: 729.gif (340x340, 137.13K)

fuck

Ben was never good though

>Here's the hater yet again

How many times will you feed the lone Milesfag with his non-attempts at arguments and masking samefaggotry? The other schizos tried harder.

>at least it's not evil symbiote shit haha
It is, "psycho reactive goo". They gave the clone a symbiote clone, how spiteful is that?

Attached: Amazing Spider-Man 093-035.jpg (1988x3056, 1.93M)

lmfao it's not even a symbiote ?!?!

inb4 muh benfag boogieman

Dude get checked into a mental ward. People are allowed to dislike Ben

How many times does it need to be said that your strawman is shit, and people (crazy I know) can dislike Ben AND Miles? Because you're coming off like an insecure petty bitch

Comic book retcons are a terrible thing & the fact nothing matters because there's no permanence is an even bigger problem.

But none of it matters anyway. It’s not real.

How will Benfags ever recover?

Who the fuck is ben

>Then PAD's run ended with him becoming an insane villain again and everyone hated it so Gage undid during Spider-Geddon.

No, PAD did that because Gage and/or Slott wanted him back as a villain so they could fix it in Spider-Geddon

it got cancelled, there's a new GR ongoing but I'm not sure Ketch has shown up yet, it's barely on Issue 2

In a couple of months when the mini or whatever they got planned for this design will be over and he'll moved to Hollywood or something like that.
De Matteis already said his mini isn't the last thing he is writing for the character this year.

Seriously doubt DeMatteis would follow up on this non-sense willingly, he was probably referring to pitching another volume or writing a new mini on the same vein.

That makes no sense, Ben-29 doesn't even interact with anyone but Spock and he stops existing in the story after the keikaku.

Attached: 1630297617998.png (1269x614, 311.68K)

>willingly
he was the one who proposed the mini he is writing right now, pretty sure he don't mind using Ben nor they had to convince him at a gun point. Also he is the guy who made the character likeable in the first place, so i'd cheer if he is actually on the helm instead of some no-name.

Of course I want him handling Ben too, but it's a garbage premise and he would be kept on a very tight leash by Lowe enacting the mouse's will, the opposite of DeMatteis' inherently non-canon mini. I see people dismissing this mess assuming the power of status quo will fix it, ignoring the context of both management and writers hating and/or misunderstanding the character.

Attached: FOjSvGwXsAMZ6yG.jpg (1318x2000, 391.81K)

>non-canon
It is canon, just set in the past. Like Symbiote Spider-Man by PAD.

It mentions the marriage and DeMatteis himself confirmed said continuity, so in Marvel's eyes they can just wave it off.

youtu.be/VrhMxPNdJv0?t=603
10:03

9:25 also has "talks of doing something else".

Attached: RCO007_1648737463.jpg (1988x3056, 1.41M)

>It mentions the marriage
the marriage happened in the main continuity too.

Was OMD retconned or you're joking?

disney hate marvel comics

the characters have no memory of it but Mephisto didn't create a new reality with OMD, the marriage still happened
>inb4 Mayday
She was already gone before the deal

That's mostly a Marvel thing, when DC hits the point of no return they just press the reset button or simply jump to another universe. Making another Ultimate would be great, they just need to keep it self-contained

He's Spawn now?

That's the same problem in a different coat of paint. Arguably worse because DC always half asses the reset button. Every time it's only a semi reboot/reset with a lot of previous continuity stuff still canon. It's ridiculous. Both companies need to stop with mainline books completely. Do creator owned stories that allow the writers to do whatever they want. Don't have them connect unless the writer wants them to. Don't even acknowledge a multiverse connection. Everyone wins.

Wait, what? When was that established? I remember they even did a story on the day of the marriage going wrong.

Because Marvel gets a boner from pissing the fans off.

>No, PAD did that because Gage and/or Slott wanted him back as a villain so they could fix it in Spider-Geddon
Ben didn't act like a villain at all in Spider-Geddon and the event entirely ignored that Ben had become a sociopath.
Read OMIT, a new reality was created.

He's Benom

Thanks to Mephisto Peter was late to the wedding so MJ told him to fuck off. Another reality WAS created.

>Why did they do this to Ben?
There are official marching orders at Marvel to get rid of Peter's clones and adapt the multiverse premise instead going forward.
Trust me, my dad is the Prime Minister of Nintendo.

Attached: 1481332610442.webm (640x640, 2.95M)

Ben has no place in modern spider-man, he's redundant and unneeded

Lowe should have thought of this before he approved of his return in a story that the previous spider-editor had rejected multiple times.

That goes for like 90% of the "Spider-Landscape" though

Then the same is true for miles

"Permanence" doesn't make stories matter any more or even better in quality. What a fucking autistic complaint.

*truer
Ben has DeMatties who adores him, Miles only has corporate shilling.

Cope, Miles is far more relevant than Ben thanks to movies.

Movies? Plural?
Hell, comic miles isn't the same as spiderverse miles.
Either way, miles is shit, looks like shit.

I get the feeling that the "Spider-Landscape" is really just Peter and Miles, with other Spiders getting minis in order to capitalise on the animated films. It could just be a coincidence, but I wouldn't be surprised if the reason Spider-Punk got a mini out of nowhere is because Marvel know he'll be in Across the Spider-Verse.

>Miles is more relevant not because of his comic stories, but because he was in ITSV and people who don't read comics now know of his existence, just like Gwen after TASM

Attached: d66717ccd4b92422df24fca7e9a35902b396.png (788x1200, 1.69M)

But the perfect Peter in Spider-Verse was basically Ben

>I get the feeling that the "Spider-Landscape" is really just Peter and Miles
You're probably right considering Lowe only mentioned those two despite the fact the Jess and Cindy both have ongoings at the moment too.
You could be right about Spider-Punk but it could also just be that Ziglar wanted to do something with him after seeing his costume in the PS4 game

I think Cindy's current series is a mini, and Jessica's series (which I forgot existed until you mentioned her) recently ended, but she'll probably get another push in the future.

ctrl+f
>spider-negrillo
11 results
I really hate propaganda

whats some good dematteis ben comics