SHELF/THREAD

/SHELF/
HI SISTERS EDITION!!!

Don't know where to buy? Try these:
amazon.com/
bookdepository.com (worldwide shipping)
booksetc.co.uk/ (EU)
cheap-comics.com (EU)
instocktrades.com/ US (worldwide shipping)
dcbservice.com/
mycomicshop.com US(worldwide shipping)
speedyhen.com (UK)
tfaw.com (worldwide shipping)

[best deal websites for comics]
bookoutlet.com/browse/products/comics
cheapestbookprice.com/

[your local comic shop here]

List of things out next week:
comiclist.com/index.php
Upcoming Omnibus/Hardcovers:
goodreads.com/topic/group_folder/305597

[want to read comics but not buy?]
readcomiconline.li/
getcomics.info/

>what are you reading user?
>any new purchases you make this month?
>user what are your plans to do with your books onces your gone/dead?

Attached: shelf 1 (2).jpg (958x718, 314.91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Teen-Titans-Omnibus-Vol-2022/dp/177951672X
readcomiconline.li/
getcomics.info/
amazon.com/Superman-Action-Comics-Vol-Steel/dp/1401235476/ref=sr_1_8?crid=2GCA2RIIPTAEB&keywords=action comics&qid=1649560666&sprefix=action comics ,aps,422&sr=8-8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Deadly class is pretty good just finish the first vol and really digging it

ohh baby yeah good amount of coomer material and my bat & sups2 omni is finally here

i like to think my kids will give a shit about my funny picture books but mostly likey im being bury with them ala mummy style.......along with my wife who will be kill and thrown in with my body

Attached: new shelf v.jpg (958x718, 302.7K)

Attached: new shelf 2v (5).jpg (958x718, 220.17K)

Attached: shelf 3 (2).jpg (716x954, 165.96K)

Where do you get shelves like these, anons? Amazon? I’ve been needing some to display my comics and DVD sets and always wanted something like these.

and my recent pick ups
ikea they are the best bang for your buck they are call KALLAX and come in a bunch of colors

Attached: IMG_1153.jpg (958x718, 277.2K)

Sucks that I roved out isn't getting restocked
Would have loved that for my shelf

man i hear ya iv been trying to get my hands on the first vol but being a kickstarter book its next to impossible to find.

What is selling on ebay generally like? Want to cull a few TPBs but don't want to bother dealing with lots of returns and scammers

Attached: pickups.jpg (2657x2740, 2.01M)

which book?

I roved out in search of truth and love
It's a webcomic but there was a kickstarter for a physical release

might want to check your local facebook group but ebay is always the go to place to sell. never sold on abebooks but bought a couple of books from there. on ebay iv sold a good number of tpb and never had a problem before

Some new Amazon fishes:

House of M Omnibus with all of the tie-ins

Avengers vs X-Men Omnibus with all of the tie-ins

X-Men Marvel Masterworks collecting #210-219, Fantastic Four vs X-Men mini, X-Men Annual #10 and New Mutants Annual #2 (sadly they are omitting New Mutants #46, which deals with the immediate fall-out from #211 and might as well be #211.1)

Amazing Spider-Man Masterworks with the Black costume saga and Birth of Normie Obsorn (#252-262 and the 1984 Annual)

yeah something like that ain't gonna pop up on ebay. your gonna need to be in the fan forums and selling groups.

Managed to grab a big stack of MAD paperbacks (including some of the pre-magazine collections) at the bookstore today. I only have a passing knowledge of MAD so I'm excited to read through them.

Oh shit, I didn't know the third Deadly Class omni came out. Hopefully it sticks the landing for the ending.

Attached: 20220409_182036.jpg (1200x1067, 650.5K)

I for one am proud of my shit taste

Attached: Snapchat-789529952.jpg (1386x2688, 1.1M)

I'm about to have a very stressful summer (3 math classes at once), so I was thinking of getting a book at the end to reward myself. I have a fair few Absolutes (Transmetropolitan 1/2, new frontier, top 10 signed, Daytripper) and some Library Editions/slipcases (Hellboy, Goon, Contract with God, Sandman). Besides these, are there any other well made books you guys would recommend?

i guess this also counts as recent pick up got this about 9 days ago
>big stack of MAD paperbacks
pretty based of you user i really should pick up a collection that i see on ebay for not to much money.
the only thing i wouldnt touch of your shelf user would be naruto everything else is pretty good. you even have books without funny pictures in it thats rare around this parts

Attached: IMG_1154.jpg (716x954, 183.49K)

Is that version of God Loves, Man Kills censored?
Junji Ito is kino
Maybe Absolute Kingdom Come? You can still get it for cover price it's quite impressive in this format or Absolute Fourth World if you are a fan of Jack Kirby

Attached: 601845.jpg (600x830, 65.88K)

>top 10 signed
how the fuck?!! i would always rec FEAR AGENT top tier comic the library edt is OOP but can still be found for MSRP, that and THE SIXTH GUN gunslinger edt are such a cool gimic western book highly rec them

>Absolute Kingdom Come
ah how could i not think about that yeah i would even say its a required item for any comic book collector that ross art work is just breathtaking in absolute format

Any Aussies every buy anything from betterread? Booko keeps linking me them and their site says they've got the books I want either in stock or in print but they're books that've actually been out of print for years so I'm extremely doubtful.

You poor Aussie user I know the eu guys complain about things being hard to find and expensive but you guys take all that to another level I wish you good luck user

Picked up the 2 New mutants Omnibuses as well

Attached: 70nufomxh6681.jpg (3024x4032, 3.26M)

20th Century Boys, plus the stuff I picked up at the LCS today (mostly X-shit)
Hickman X-omni
IDK

What's the best way to read New Teen Titans? Trades or omnibus?

>How the fuck?
Pure luck. I was just getting comics, bought Absolute Top 10 basically as a blind buy, since I saw that Gene Ha was in town for a local convention. Super cool guy, did a small illustration for me a few years later (probably the most humble creator I've met next to Chris Claremont and Zander Cannon). For Zander, I shipped over my book and had him look at some of my art. Super nice guy as well, wish I met him in person at a real con. I don't have a picture on hand, but I there's 2 anons who have both signatures, me included. For reference, my copy has the cross hatched version of smax by zander. Also thanks for the Sixth Gun and Fear Agent recommendations.
>Absolute Kingdom Come
I do like Kingdom Come, but admittedly I like Marvels a hell of a lot more (mostly because of Busiek's writing as opposed to Waid's). I'll also look into Absolute Fourth World.

The trades omit the Blue Ribbon Digest story from the second trade (it's in the omnibus and the Archive HCs). It's importance is that it's Speedy's first meeting with the New Teen Titans, so his later appearance will be a bit odd as he shows up later during Terra Incognito if you don't read it.

That said, the trades are probably easier to carry around and read. Just note that they don't include the Teen Titans Spotlight issues and assorted guest spots that create some major plot holes down the line as several storylines from the main book only get resolved in the TTS book.

They canceled the sixth omnibus and both the trades and the fifth omnibus end in the same issue. The first omnis are a hard to find but they might be getting a reprint soon amazon.com/Teen-Titans-Omnibus-Vol-2022/dp/177951672X

Also, if you end up going the Omnibus route try to get the new versions since they are better built ad mapped.

>the only thing i wouldnt touch of your shelf user would be naruto
its good just overstays its welcome

nice collection user good job getting that hc kill or be killed its going for good numbers online and not going to lie im jealous you have glass doors you prob dont have to clean your shelf every other week because of the dust.
oh yeah i think i remember you mentioning it about it last time still great get would def be my jewel of my collection if i had it.

Nice crossbone, user.

coomer bump

Attached: coomer section.jpg (958x718, 252.31K)

I have been in the mood for a good horror book in the same vein as Hellboy or Swamp Thing recently. Does anyone have any good recommendations?

Picked up Essential X men 4 for like 1,50 Euros once to get free shipping.
Essential Conan. Savage Sword is better.
Just a bunch of manga but I might pick up saga oof the swamp thing 2 since somebody is offering it up pretty cheap on ebay.
If I haven't sold them and my family isn't interested in keeping it, I would give it to a library or want my family to just give it away for free.

Attached: Comic Collection.jpg (3351x2472, 1.74M)

I HATE DUST
I HATE HAVING TO DUST AROUND FIGURES/TOYS
I DON'T HAVE ANYMORE BOOKSHELVES BUT I KEEP GETTING BOOKS
HELP

Sounds like it's time to buy a new bookshelf. Maybe consider getting one with glass doors on it so you don't need to dust as often.

Make sure you have it set to accept returns. Otherwise you might get some jackass busting a corner on the book so eBay makes you refund it because of the damage.

shelf bros I have Morrison Action Comics Vol 1 hardcover but its missing the jacket so its just a black book. anywhere I can find a replacement jacket? I know its probably no likely but doesnt hurt to ask I dont want to have to buy the book again

>abenobashi
based I don't even need to see the rest of the image

Brother read hellblazer, with finder and maybe über but that isn’t really horror more campy what if
Sounds like someone need to get a air purifier and a thicc Mexican maid user
You can get it reprinted at a local printer now to get the scanned of it Il have to find the guy I had mined from but that’s in my home computer which I won’t get to until tomorrow.

>You can get it reprinted at a local printer
like a xerox or fedex kinkos type place?

i have an air purifier :(

I wanna pick up all of the more obscure original gainax stuff (So still need to pick up Royal Space Force and Kare Kano for example).

Why do you guys spend so much money on physical? Do you re-read things often enough? Plus you can just read them for free on the internet. A small collection makes sense to me but a bunch of the pictures I see in these threads are peak consoomer-ism with 75+ books and multiple bookshelves

Yes but just go on google and search for local printer and take them your dimensions and a dust jacket that is similar to the one do you want for reference. With the PDF file/scanned file of they can print for you.
:( also in the same spot ran out of space and just keep buying books don’t want to get more shelf’s because I just bought a house and don’t want to build a shelf the dismantle it for the move

>dust jacket
where do I get a dust jacket ?

user you ask it every thread but it boils down to it’s a hobby, reading it physically just feels better and I want have a personal library by the time I reach my end so in a way it’s a dream goal. Also look at the pasta
> [want to read comics but not buy?]
readcomiconline.li/
getcomics.info/
We encourage people to read before buying

………. What the dust jack is the one your getting printed at the printer shop it’s just a laminate print that goes over your hc book

so they'll have one ? or do I need to give them a blank one to put the design on

Naw they’ll have a bunch of diff size/thickness paper that you choose from that’s why you should take a dust jacket from a dif book of yours to compare it to what they have there. Thise that makes sense?

oh ok I get it now. thanks man.

Il get you the link to the guy I got my pdf from tomorrow also do you have a link to the book your talking about I might actually have it

its grant morrison action comics volume 1
amazon.com/Superman-Action-Comics-Vol-Steel/dp/1401235476/ref=sr_1_8?crid=2GCA2RIIPTAEB&keywords=action comics&qid=1649560666&sprefix=action comics ,aps,422&sr=8-8

thanks man

Unfortunately I got the Omni not the trade couldn’t remember which one I had. The other thing is that it’s prob going to be cheaper buying the book I remember the print costing me close to 30bucks

Just want some 1-3 Conan re-releases bros....

I am going to a 2nd hand comic store tomorrow and trading in a bunch of stuff for different books. I hope to have a big stack to show you tomorrow.
>>what are you reading user?
Just finished Edena. I am surprised that most reviews seem to focus on the beginning because I found it boring until he got into the weird gender and social stuff. I also felt that the book got much better artisticly as it went on.
>>any new purchases you make this month?
Tomorrow
>>user what are your plans to do with your books onces your gone/dead?
Don't care, I am dead.

Nice keep up posted maybe take a pic of the comic book store always interested in how other stores look.
> Don't care, I am dead.
user don’t you want a wing of the library name after you

That Jose Gonzalez book is something I have my eye on.
Printing prices have gone way up, so I doubt there will be a reprint anytime soon. It sucks, but I doubt it is feasible in the near future.

For adults who spend the day sitting at a desk in front of a computer, using your hard earned money to enjoy not sitting in front of a computer is nice.

You wouldn't understand it because you're still in your early 20s, but once you're in your 30s, your eyes hurt and you just want to relax and feel like a kid with a comic book again. If you grew up with digital being your main means of consuming comics, you might not be able to relate.

I got it in a blind buy it was on sale and boy was I blown away with the art it’s beautiful not to mention the build quality is great. On the rove out book the Author already said he isn’t doing another reprint because the demand isn’t there and everyone who wanted one got it. It sucks but maybe in the future things will change or we will get alfie in a physical format and we won’t care about rove out

>(3 math classes at once)
God damn. Most I did was 2, unless you count physics as math classes (which I don't but I understand it could be). What you taking? I love math but it just takes so much practice and taking 3 courses at once just seems like there would be nothing but practice for that time.

To bring it back to Yea Forums pic is a science book by a prof who just went on sabbatical to learn how to draw comics. For someone just having a year to learn the medium I have to give him credit for doing a passable job. But it is just a bunch of stories of people talking about physics. I kinda like it because it shows that physics is best explained through diagrams and comics.

Attached: _collid=books_covers_0&isbn=9780262037235&type=.jpg (550x687, 145.68K)

I was planning on just taking two (linear algebra and differential equations) for my major (computer engineering, need diffeq for a systems and signals class next semester), but I had some personal issues come up this semester that caused me to fuck up the statistics class I was taking (stats with a little multivariable calculus). the only reason I think this is even possible is that I already have the stats under my belt, and the other 2 math classes are at a community college. Frankly I'm just trying not to die.

i just finished Eltingville and it is my favorite book by Dorken
nah, i have been paying off debt
don't care i'll be dead.

Attached: bedroom shelf.jpg (2048x1046, 719.13K)

Attached: office shelf.jpg (1600x794, 504.61K)

(Also 3 at once is a bit of an exaggeration. They don't fully line up, but there will be a three week overlap where all three are running at once. Only reason I'm doing this as well is because my university sucks fat asshole at teaching intro math courses, make it hard as all hell to weed out non honors people). To bring it back to Yea Forums, I did actually meet up with a more /sci/ aligned comic creator, that being Jim Ottaviani. Nice guy, love his work on the Richard Feynman graphic biography.

Attached: feynman.jpg (352x499, 33.41K)

I never have to dust. Maybe it is because I am top floor apartment but almost nothing accumulates on shelf. Just rearranging my books seems like it keeps all the dust off. Any dust in my place basically is just in my entry and my windows. But I am from Canada and it is very different than say mexico.