So how did Bendis work out for DC?

So how did Bendis work out for DC?

Attached: file.png (1200x675, 583.53K)

Fuck You OP....

Attached: 1634597940850.jpg (800x560, 121.71K)

Attached: bendis.jpg (134x64, 4.24K)

How well is the Naomi show doing? I lost track.

Yea Forums told me he was going to be the publisher of DC. Did that happen? Did Yea Forums lie to me?

give it time

Attached: bendis eic.png (1437x608, 256.24K)

How long has he been at DC again?

Four years I guess

The writer named Bendis??

He bend but then busted

The comic book writer, Bendis?

Comic book writer?

THAT Bendis?

Yea, THAT Bendis. The one who writes comics

Well, he kinda hit it big with Naomi.
So either he sell his sould to the devil, or he has dirt on everyone in DC.

Attached: bad word choice.png (700x541, 293.33K)

Reminder

Attached: EVS on bendis contract.jpg (1514x432, 249.97K)

Not great it’s doing pretty terribly despite having Superman as a lead in

wow

ok so Bendis Legion and Gold Lantern isn't good (I also don't think it runs on happiness) but if it does that's not any dumber than Johns' Rainbow Corps

No it’s so so much dumber cause at least Johns lanterns were also on the ROYGBIV scale and it actually made sense with the further from the center the more controlled by the emotion you become. Gold Lantern doesn’t fit there and you could literally argue that Hope is Happiness

>Well, he kinda hit it big with Naomi.

I mean I guess you could claim he hit it big because he got a show that fast, but the reception to the show seems subpar at best.

Absolutely obliterated Superman, it's actually respectable just how much damage he did during his tenure

Pretty much exactly as expected.

Surprisingly worse than most of the damage he did to Marvel. Debatable if the introduction of Miles Morales or Naomi is worse.

>Gold lanterns
>happiness
Ohgolly gee, mistah Bends, do da coppah lanterns work on contentment, the silver lanterns on a sensible chuckle and the platinum lanterns work on ecstasy?

Terribly.

I imagine that at least nets him some decent royalties.

>Surprisingly worse than most of the damage he did to Marvel.

I think it's mainly because the damage he did to Marvel happened over a course of almost two decades and he managed to damage and have a negative effect on DC within just five years

Is there ANY good comics by bendis?

New avengers 2004
Ultimate spider - man
Alias
Some of the events he did
Illuminati

His pre 2000 street level shit. Powers. Daredevil. Alias.

i think the superman stuff after the man of steel mini is good

Has any single writer done more damage to the entire medium as much as he has?

You could've just said "No"

It’s, and I’m being serious here, one of the worst runs I’ve ever read from one of the Big Two. It’s America Chavez and Mocking Bird Level. Hell, at least Marville and Trouble have some amusement attached.
Bendis’ Superman run should be considered by DC as an outright embarrassment.

He aged up Jon because he didn’t want to write SuperDad.
You tell me, OP

Attached: 1118415E-A3BC-4322-B186-768D6E769F1F.jpg (824x695, 282.13K)

Arguably maybe Warren Ellis, in terms of his influence on many writers

whatever happened to old songbird/diamondback

>Illuminati

I will never understand why people give this a pass. Is it because its fans never read comics before Bendis started writing? The Illuminati only would've made sense if they were formed after Avengers Disassembled or something during the 00s, not formed after the Kree/Skrull War. Back then Reed wouldn't have known Tony was Iron Man. He would've asked James Rhodes during Secret Wars why he was subbing for Tony if he already knew.

what did he get cancelled for ? I can't find anything all I can find is that he got cancelled

He had numerous affairs with women (mostly of the cybervariety) at the same time, ghosted them when they fell out of favor with him, and they decided to get together and cancel him for predatory behavior

so he didnt do anything ?

Attached: 1649539711649.png (1200x675, 734.22K)

Attached: file.png (462x425, 169.6K)

Fugg :DD

Attached: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (800x564, 52.83K)

No, he did do something: He let his coomer brain take over the thinking for him and got himself in that situation

>platinum lanterns work on ecstasy?
No, Bendis works on ecstasy.

>creates one of Marvel worst characters
>creates one of DC worst characters
>keeps getting more powerful
Maybe he´s Moore secret apprentice trained to destroy cape comics forever

You sound retarded.

>Event Leviathan, Checkmate, JL vs Legion, Naomi, Young Justice

All this ignored by everyone else, the only thing that Bendis has done that’s acknowledge outside other writing is aged up Jon.

What does that have to do with comics?

>Ultimate spider - man
It's hot garbage after first proper Goblin battle. Venom stuff is offensively bad.
And it wasn't that good before, just okay.

brought it up
But what it has to do with comics is that it's the reason he wasn't allowed to continue a comic at Image last year
The artist said that he and Ellis were going to continue a comic at Image, Twitter goes ballistic, and the women whom Ellis wronged said that Ellis didn't actually show remorse or whatever and so the book wasn't allowed to go forward

what comic? also has ellis done anything since?

>Twitter goes ballistic

Attached: 459.jpg (828x821, 115.15K)

Kek

it was his and Ben Templesmith's Fell. And no, Ellis hasn't done any comic since. But he is doing his newsletter again.

In this case, they did have an effect

The showrunner actually likes him.

Why does templesmiths art feel so demonic bros

My favorite.

Attached: 7343E7DC-5771-49C0-91DE-DC5203F2EE58.jpg (541x540, 43.15K)

Ghosting someone is kind of shitty. Just have the balls to break up with them.

Attached: benis.jpg (691x1033, 183.64K)

I know everyone blames this on bendis but this is the fucking second time they've done this to Superman. The first time was with Chris Who I thought was a way better child then jon, before he was aged up. so I honestly think it was editorial bullshit.

Dan Didio had Jon ruined because of his eventual 5G plans. If it wasn't Bendis, the job would've fallen on someone else. It was like Avengers Disassembled, it was happening no matter who wrote it.